InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different. She meets an inu-hanyou boy, and her life unravels from there.

-X-

She sighed and hit the textbook with her fist. She was falling sorely behind in school, and Inuyasha definitely wouldn’t be the one to ask for help. He knew the stuff, but he didn’t do the work. She growled and then checked herself upon realizing she did it.

“Man, I’ve been hangin’ around him too long, it seems.” She shook her head in shame.

“Are you talking about me again?” He poked his head in the room with a smug look on his face.

“Oh yes, I just can’t resist Oh Great One.” Sarcasm dripped from every word and he frowned, not looking very pleased. But, then again, do people ever really look pleased when they frown?

“Is that a way to treat your friend!?” She looked pensive a moment before responding.

“Yes.” She smiled brilliantly and as sweetly as she could manage.

“That’s it!” He lunged at her, knocking her off of her chair, ensuing a tickle war…Well…It was more of the hanyou tickling the miko until she almost peed her pants from laughter.

“Okay, okay! I give!!” He paused, claws poised ready to strike. She panted for breath and tried to shove his hands away. She immediately decided upon changing the subject.

“Inu, can we go see Rin and Sesshomaru again?” She placed the sweetest look on her face she could muster; although she nearly died from lack of laughter at the face he made.

“Why would you want to go see Sesshomaru too?” He crossed his arms over his chest and stood, walking over to the fridge, opening the door. “You like my brother, don’t you!?” She sighed, shaking her head at him.

“No, he’s too feminine looking for me.” It was the truth, why lie? His ears perked up at this.

‘She doesn’t like Sesshomaru? Nearly all females do…How interesting…’

“Plus, his aloofness is a complete turn off.” They both busted out into laughter once more.

“Yeah, it’s like he has a major stick…No! Tree limb up his ass, isn’t it!?” They laughed again. Before silence fell over the room.

“He didn’t always used to be that way…ya know?” She shot a curious look his way.

“Really? What happened?” She returned to her seat at the kitchen table, prepared for a story. He sighed and sat across from her, beer in hand.

“Well, as I said, he hasn’t always been this way…” He looked up, uncertain as to whether he should be telling her this or not. “He actually used to be nice, ya know, helping everyone he could and stuff…Well, and then, in middle school, he met this girl. She was beautiful, a goddess in disguise.” He stopped and looked at Kagome, his eyebrows knitted together in confusion. “She actually looked kind of like you back then. Beats me what she would look like now though. Anyway, they were like ‘in love’.” He rolled his eyes at the thought.

“What happened, then, if they were so ‘in love’?” He sighed and took a swig of beer.

“Well, they were going out for three years before they, ya know, ended up with a kid.” She widened her eyes in shock.

“Are you kidding me!? Three years, during middle school!? I’ve never heard of such a thing!!” He looked at her funnily.

“Are you stupid!? I said they had a kid in middle school!”

“I heard you! But I mean, I don‘t think even my sister had that long of a relationship, especially not in middle school!!” She glared at him before asking him to continue. The rested his chin on his fist and looked down at the table.

“Okay…Well…She didn’t want the kid and said she wanted to put her up for adoption. Well, Sesshomaru would have no such thing, he kept the baby and the chick left him, said she had to go back to her other home then or something.”

“How cruel!! How could someone leave their child like that!? I mean I understand she was young and everything….But couldn‘t she just live with it? Sesshomaru did. It wasn‘t just his doing that they ended up with a kid, it was her fault too! That‘s just so horrible!” He nodded. “I see now why not to talk about her mother.”

“Sesshomaru became very guarded over his emotions then. He didn’t want anything similar to happen again. But it looks like he’s picked up a friend along the way.” He chuckled and took another swig.

“Yeah…Kagura always was pushy if she didn’t get what she wanted.”

“And it looks like she has her sights set on Sesshomaru, ne?” She nodded.

“I know I’m supposed to like sympathize and shit…But it doesn’t seem like Sesshomaru could ever be nice, so none of it seems real to me.”

“Yeah…I know…But life’s life and it’s some fucked up shit.”

“Yup…” A long silence filled the apartment.

“So…What do you want to do now?”

“Well…I was working on my homework…Then I realized that since I never am awake during class, that I don’t know the material…”

“Ha! I ain’t helping ya!” She rolled her eyes and sighed in frustration.

“How did I guess that one right?” She mumbled lowly, forgetting about his superior hearing, and cursed herself when he heard.

“Hey! That’s not fair! Thinkin’ so lowly of me!” He grumbled and crossed his arms over his chest. He looked at the clock and nearly shit a brick. That sure would hurt, wouldn’t it? Some bricks are freakin’ huge! “God Damnit! I’m going to be late for work!” He dashed around using his demonic speed to get ready and left shouting a ‘bye Kags’ over his shoulder in less than three minutes.

“Ooookkaaaayyy…Weirdo. I wonder if Miroku could help me with the work?” She quickly wrote Inuyasha a note telling him where she was going and gathered her things, walking outside.




“Dad, it has been nearly a week…What are you planning to do about it?” His eldest daughter stared up at him with her mug of coffee in hand. He sighed and ran his fingers through his graying hair.

“I don’t know…I called her mother…She said to let her blow off the steam, and then if she doesn’t contact us, we can retrieve her via the school.” Kikyou nodded her head and sipped at her drink her brow furrowed in confusion and anger.

“But what if something has happened to her!?”

“I’m confident in my daughter that she can care for herself.” She stared at him, awestruck.

“So you’re telling me, that you would allow your teenage daughter to live on the street and blow off a little steam, than rather have her safe at home!?” She looked incredulously at him. “You’ve got to be fucking kidding me!?” She slammed her mug down and stormed off, grabbing her keys along the way.

“Kikyou! Where are you going!?” She turned around and glared at him.

“I’m going to find my little sister. Maybe she was right in thinking you didn’t care for her.” She slammed the front door without waiting for his response.

The words stung deeply in his heart. The mere thought of his daughter not believing his love for her was almost too much to bear. Pushing his emotions aside, as always, he popped a candy in his mouth and readied himself for work.




Yeah…I’m sorry. I have excuses GALORE for as to why I haven’t updated.
1. My Grandma was in the hospital for three weeks, and I live with her, so it was chaos.
2. Then, when she got out, all my family was at my house for a week.
3. During that week, I had band camp during the day.
4. School starts soon, thus I had to school shop.
5. I’m so freakin’ stressed out right now!!

So, expect slower updates. I’m SO sorry. But, summer has to end sometime doesn’t it? And there are plenty of more excuses to come as well. Sorry!!

Steffaniey the Lavishly Splendid