InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different. She meets an inu-hanyou boy, and her life unravels from there.

-X-
Chapter Eighteen

In This Chapter:
Rin and Sesshomaru time!! Kagura and Kanna bonding! Kagome and Miroku bonding and Kikyou suffering.

-X-


“Daddy!?” The small girl called out timidly in the dark room. When she could hear no response she sniffled and hugged her knees to her chest. “Daddy!?” She called out louder this time, hoping she woke up the slumbering youkai. “DADDY!?” She wailed, full-out sobbing now.

Sesshomaru bolted up in bed and looked around, unsure of as to why he did so. When he could hear Rin’s sobbing, he knew it had to have been another one of her mysterious nightmares, and rushed to comfort her.

Not bothering to turn on the light he hurried to his daughter’s bed and swept her small form into his arms.

“Shh…Shh…Rin…Everything’s okay…I’m here…” He rocked her in his arms, continuing to whisper consoling words in her ears. He wiped her tears away with the comforter and forced her to look at him.

“Was it the nightmare again?” He questioned her softly. She nodded her head slowly and averted her eyes. “I understand if you don’t want to tell me about it…” He didn’t expect an answer. He respected his daughter’s wishes to not share the horrid visions that haunted her dreams. She had always had the nightmares plaguing her sleep since before she could talk. She always refused to speak about what they were. That was why it genuinely surprised him when she quietly told him she wouldn’t mind talking about it.

“Are you sure?” He managed to get some of his cold façade back into place after the fear for his daughter subsided. His damn mask always fell when he heard her crying.




“Kagura!! Kanna!! Get down here, right now!” Their mother called out to them for what seemed like, to her, the twentieth time.

Once again, they both called out, “Comimg!!”

“Children…” She muttered and rolled her eyes. She had to leave for work- she looked at her watch- ten minutes ago. “Wonderful.” She sighed and rolled her eyes. “Kagura is rubbing off on Kanna.”

“I heard that. It’s not very nice to talk bad about people, ya know.” Kagura walked towards her mother with her hands on her hips and Kanna following closely behind. She really had taken a liking to her older sister and followed her most everywhere.

Tenshi waved the matter off as unimportant and addressed the girls. “Okay, I’m going on a business trip and I won’t be back for three weeks. Naraku will take good care of you two, I just know it!” She smiled hopeless-happily, kissed her two girls and left.

They stood there for a good five minutes before they exchanged glances and ran off to grab their purses and head on over to Sesshomaru and Rin’s.

As luck would have it, Kanna and Rin were now the best of friends. At Rin’s birthday party they were near to inseparable. That happened to prove to be a good thing in Kagura’s case.

She sighed happily as they hopped in the car. “Ah, how the Gods love me.” Kanna gave her this look. “Damnit! You know that freaks me out, stop it!!” She scrunched up her nose and started up the engine and sped off.




“So…If I take this and put it there…Okay I think I’m getting it now!!” Kagome smiled proudly and slammed her pencil down. “Did I do it right!?” She beamed happily and showed her paper to her new ‘tutor’.

He looked the paper over and slowly stared at her. “You’ve got to be kidding me! How did you get that from this!?” She showed her the problem in the book, her work, and the real answer.

She grunted and slammed her head against the counter-top. “This is so not fair!” She mumbled and continued to lie her head on the cool marble. “Why do we have math!?”

“Well…”

“Shut up Miroku.” He instantly complied, not wanting to meet his best friend’s temper another time.

“So, do I get paid for ‘tutoring’ you?” She nodded her head and rolled her eyes.

“But don’t expect money, I obviously don’t have any.” His violet eyes brightened considerably.

“I’ve got it!!” He jumped up and banged his knee on the stool, followed by a string of curses, then the proposition. “You help me get Sango.” She looked at him dumbly.

“’Get Sango’…What?”

“Damn, how stupid are you!? I want to date Sango!” If Kagome had been drinking anything at that moment, she would have choked and spit it back out….But thankfully for Miroku, she wasn’t.

“Oh my god!!” She squealed that girly high pitched squeal that all men hate. “Roku loves Sango!! How cute is that!?” She jumped up and danced around singing that little mantra over and over.

“Kagome!!” He yelled in a sing-song voice that scared the shit out of her (not literally of course, that would be disgusting). “Come here!!” Still that creepy ass sing-song voice. Cautiously, she made her way over to where she had left him and was assaulted with an unexpected tickle-attack upon herself.

Why did everyone tickle poor Kags? Because they all knew her weakness. Too bad for her, ne?




“Hello?” Kikyou impatiently picked up the phone. She could find Kagome at none of her favorite spots in town all week. That had quite irritated her, thus causing her to drop her normally cool façade and show her emotions. That was something she hadn’t done since middle school.

“No, Kagome is not here, nor will she be anytime soon…I don’t know. Of course I’ll tell her you called. You’re welcome Hojo. Goodbye.” She sighed and scribbled the boy’s name under the lengthy list of others that had called looking for Kagome. Apparently they were getting a little worried at her lack of after-school-activities.

She sighed and trudged up to her room to mope.

“How could things have gone so horribly wrong in just the short time since I’ve quit school!?”

Kagura was with her mother. Kikyou scoffed with jealousy. If she lived with her own mother then she could have stayed with the only guy she ever loved and her daughter. She regretted allowing herself to leave her, every day of her life. She wouldn’t even know where to find her anymore, or even if he would allow her to visit.

Kagome had run away, probably staying out on the streets, or worse, with a man she didn’t even know! She really did fear for her younger sister’s safety.

She had become on non-speaking terms with her father. They got into a huge fight about her quitting college, and about, in her opinion, his lack of caring about Kagome. Needless to say, he’s not very happy with her.

She really felt like she needed her mother…But she was kicked out and couldn’t return. She grumbled at her own luck and broke down on her bed sobbing with all the emotions that built up over the years.

“It’s not fair!!!!” She wailed and thought of nothing but her own wallowing.




Short, yes…I’m just not feeling it though…I got my puppy moved from my Dad’s to my Mom’s and he whines and freaks out when he’s left alone. So I’m sitting outside with my laptop. Yep…No good ‘writing’ vibes out here…

Oh, and I don’t think this story is going to be any where near short…It’s one of those ‘anime operas’ that the audience knows what’s going on like in real soap operas, but then it’s all dramatic and it’s anime…so an ‘Anime Opera’. Yeah…And the pairings should be fairly obvious…Yeah…I still have a LOT planned for all of the characters….-sigh- This might take a while.

Steffaniey the Lavishly Splendid