InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different. She meets an inu-hanyou boy, and her life unravels from there.

-X-
Chapter Twenty-One

In This Chapter:
Some touching, and…scary Sesshomaru moments.

Dates Worked On: 10/8, 10/17, 10/24

-X-

“Daddy, can Kanna stay the night with Rin and Shippou?”

“Whatever.” He didn’t move his eyes from staring at the wall in front of him.

“Yay!!” She squealed happily and spun in circles. “Come on guys, there’s so much to do!!” She grabbed both of her friends’ hands and dragged them after her.

Kagura looked over her friend in concern. He hadn’t been acting himself all evening. Lately, he’d been losing his icy interior, but tonight, if anything, he was icier than before.

“Sesshou…” She laid her hand on his shoulder. He flinched, but otherwise made no movement. Idly she ran her fingers through his silky locks. “Are you okay?”

“Of course. I’m fine.” He snapped at her smoothly, in the way that only he can. She knew once away he wasn’t as he said.

“What’s wrong? You’ve been so distant this evening.” The inuyoukai sighed near-to-inaudibly.

“I don’t know if I can tell you.” He finally looked from the god-forsaken wall and into her ruby eyes (contacts in case anyone was wondering). “I mean…I can, but I don’t know if I can…Do you know what I mean?”

She nodded her head. “You mean, you don’t know if you’re emotionally up to it?” He sighed and lowered his head in his hands.

“Exactly.”

“It’s okay, Sessh. I promise if it hurts too much you can just stop.”

“Okay…” And Sesshomaru began his tale.




A younger Sesshomaru smiled genuinely at his girlfriend as she walked out of school that afternoon. He immediately picked up his pace to meet with her.

“Hey Kik.” He smiled and nuzzled her check.

“Hey…We need to talk…” He stiffened and slowly drew away from her. His eyes widened and he looked at her fearfully. ‘She isn’t going to break up with me…is she?’

“Come with me.” She commanded softly, taking his hand and leading him to her home. The entire way, he couldn’t comprehend the ominous feeling looming about him. It was as if every fiber in his being knew what was about to happen, and they all forgot to tell him.

She led him past her mother’s room, where loud, drunken snoring could be heard, and into the bedroom she shared with her younger sister.

“Kaede, could you run to the store and pick up some groceries. I completely forgot about them, and I can’t just leave Sesshomaru.” She put her best pleading look on her face as her younger sister hesitantly obliged. As she handed her younger sister the list and the cash, she could feel a certain pair of amber orbs boring into the back of her head. “Be safe!!” She put the fakest smile she’d ever known on her face and waved mock-happily after her.

The minute the girl had shut the door behind her the façade fell. She turned to the demon standing not a few feet behind her and motioned for him to sit on the bed. She sat next to him and fiddled with the hem of her uniformed skirt.

“Kikyou, what is it that you wanted to talk about?” The youkai implored her to just get it over with. His heart pained at the scent of silent tears rolling down her porcelain skin. He moved to comfort her for whatever wrong he might have caused, but an invisible barrier inflamed around her, separating the two. Now he knew something was wrong. She had NEVER trusted him so little, or hated him so much to want to put space between them. What had happened to her?

Softly she finally spoke. “Sesshomaru…Something terrible has happened to me…Well, us, if you may…” She broke off into a fit of sobs.

Immediately alarmed, he tried unsuccessfully to embrace her. “What is it?”

“I’m…pregnant…” Relief found its way coursing through his system.

“Is that all?” A small smile found its way to his face at the thought of being a father. The full reality not entirely hitting home.

Her aura flamed with newly intensified anger. “’Is that all?’!??! Sesshomaru, you have no idea what this means!! I can’t afford a child! I’m thirteen!!” She all but screamed out at him in rage. His smile fell into a frown.

“And I’m fit to be a father? I not even legally an adult for another week!”

“I know.” She spat out venomously. “That’s why I’m asking for the money for an abortion. And you sure as hell better give it to me.” His expression hardened and he clenched his fists to suppress his inner youkai from lashing out. ’How dare she threaten his unborn!’

“I refuse.” He stepped closer to her, his proximity frightening her defenseless. “That miracle in you, is mine too. I won’t fucking have you killing it before it has a chance to live. We’re having that child. I don’t care, I’ll take you both in, and in a week’s time, I’ll get my inheritance. But you will NOT fucking do anything to harm yourself or that baby. Do I make myself clear!?” His amber orbs flashed red with rage. He didn’t even care that the woman he loved was trembling in fear in front of him. Nothing mattered anymore but the child inside of her.




“…And shortly after Rin was born, Kikyou disappeared with a lame ass excuse of being forced to live with her father or some bullshit.” He opened his eyes to lock with the shocked ones of the girl sitting next to him.

“Kagura?” Thoughts were rushing through her mind. Everything finally made sense. Why Sesshomaru and his younger brother had looked familiar to her and Kagome. Why Rin looked like Kagome, or should she say Kikyou. What had happened to Kikyou to make her so…however she was? Why Sesshomaru had a permanent icicle up his ass. And so much more…Everything just clicked.

“I’m so sorry Sesshomaru…” Tears fell down her cheeks in a sob. He pulled her into a hug and told her it wasn’t her fault.

She shook her head and pulled away from him. “No, I’m sorry that my sister broke your heart.” He looked puzzled before realizing what he should have noticed from the beginning. Higurashi. His beloved had been Higurashi Kikyou, and here sitting in front of him was none other than one of her many little sisters…Higurashi Kagura. How stupid he felt now.




“You’ve got to be kidding me!? Kikyou…and Sesshomaru!?” Kagome’s eyes widened more than before, if that were even possible. “And Rin is…Oh my god…It’s no wonder…” She couldn’t find words to fit the situation. Everything in her head was spinning.

He nodded grimly, still in the darkened living room, so she didn’t see it.

“I can’t believe she never told anyone…”

“Yeah, me either. But I guess she didn’t want to be chained down to a kid, instead live her teenage years freely. But she didn’t. She stuck to school and didn’t drink, do drugs, or date. I always thought she was a stuck-up prude…But I guess she’s not.”

“She really hurt him, ya know?” Kagome nodded.

“Yeah…I think she hurt herself, too. I feel so bad for that little girl.” A few moments of silence filled the space before a jaw-cracking yawn escaped the hanyou.

“Inu!! If you were so tired, you could have said something! Come on, we’re getting you to bed, Mister.” She giggled as she led the sleepy hanyou to bed, putting on a happy façade to cover the ever-changing emotions rolling through her system.




Yeah….I don’t have time, like, at all to write anymore, I’m so sorry for taking forever! School’s being a real bitch, and the family life is hectic, plus I got a new boyfriend who wants to spend 24/7 with me.

Please review, if you haven’t given up on this story!!!

Steffaniey