InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different. She meets an inu-hanyou boy, and her life unravels from there.

-X-
Chapter Twenty

In This Chapter:
Hello lovely twist in plans!!

Dates Worked On: 9/11, 9/12, 9/15, 9/16, 9/17

-X-

Kikyou sighed in frustration at her father. He was acting like he didn’t care about anyone anymore! He was letting his youngest daughter gallivant around town with some boy he didn’t even know! His middle daughter he let live with her psychotic mother and who-knows-what husband. And herself? He just didn’t care. She knew he didn’t. Not after she quit college. She had been his star child, and then she had ruined everything he had always bragged about. Oops? I guess not everyone’s perfect.

She remembered the card her friend Ayame had given her. She reached her fingers into her jeans pocket and pulled it out. She read it carefully, considering every option before picking up the cordless and dialing the number.

“Yeah…I got a card from my friend…the password? Where’s it at? Oh, that’s the password? Okay, 19976. Where and when?” She paused as she was told what to do. “Okay. Bye.”

‘That was very vague…’ She thought to herself. Only four hours and she could have the relief she had become so used to.




Kagome could barely contain her excitement. She would finally get to see what it was that Inuyasha did while working.

He said he only had one stop tonight. A party. Yay? I would think otherwise.

The building reeked of sweat, alcohol, and something foul she couldn’t place. Everyone was making out all over the place and there were people passed out! Never had her innocent eyes witnessed anything this horrible before.

“Inuyasha?” She whispered, following close behind him.

“Yeah?”

“How can you stand the smells?” She furrowed her nose as another wave of that foul stench hit her.

“Ya learn to love it, babe.” He chuckled at her. “Man you really were a goodie-goodie before I met you, weren’t you?” He smiled back at her before continuing to make his rounds.

Her eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets at the bills he was being handed. ‘No wonder he chose such a job! Look at all the freakin’ cash!!’ She was focused on him that she didn’t notice herself bumping into someone.

“Hey, bitch, what where you’re going!” Said someone mumbled out.

“Oh my gosh!” Her eyes widened in surprise. “I’m so sorry!!” She quickly turned to face them. She was met with the most stunning blue eyes she’d ever seen. He smirked at her deer-in-the-headlights stare.

“Kouga.” He extended his hand for her to shake.

“Kagome.” She smiled and shook in greeting.

“Kagome…What are you doing in a dump like this?” He cocked his head to the side. “You’re too beautiful for this place. Let me take you somewhere nicer.”

She blushed and shook her head. “I don’t think…”

“Come on, I don’t want to let a woman as beautiful as you get away so easily.” He charmed her with a dazzling smile and she ended up nodding in agreement.

“But I have to tell my friend first, okay?” He nodded and followed her through the crowd.

“Inuyasha!! Where are you!!” She shouted and looked around, waiting for an answer.

After five minutes of searching and yelling his name, he appeared behind her.

“Ready to go?” She bit her lip and looked at Kouga.

“Actually…”

“Go ‘head and leave dog-boy, she’s comin’ with me.” Kouga smirked and Inuyasha growled at him.

“Kags, you can’t go with him-”

“Inuyasha, please, I didn’t move out just to get another dad. Let me have fun, please.” She gave him the best puppy eyes she could before he sighed and hung his head in defeat. “Thank you!!” She smiled happily and hugged him tightly. “Thank you Inu, wait up for me?” She pulled back and stared questioningly at him.

“Yeah…I’ll see ya at home.” He squeezed her hand as she walked away with Kouga…his competitor…

“So Kouga, what’s the plan?” She smiled and looked over at him.

“Well, I do have one more customer before we leave…” She furrowed her brow and looked over at him.

“Customer?”

“Yeah…Some chick from what I could tell.” He narrowed his eyes and looked around for the meeting spot. “Ah ha, come this way.” He grabbed her hand and dragged her to behind the stairs. Upon arriving, they could see a figure waiting in the shadows.

Kouga stopped and kept Kagome’s hand in his, making the girl blush a light pink.

“Password?”

“19976” The figure, obviously female, spoke. Kouga let go of Kagome’s hand to reach into his coat pocket but he stopped when he heard Kagome speak.

“Kikyou!?” Kagome widened her eyes at recognizing her sister’s voice as being the woman in the shadows.

“Kagome? What are you doing here!?” Kikyou made herself shown in the light and raised her eyebrows at her little sister. What was she doing in a dump like this, and worst of all, with a drug dealer!?

“I could ask you the same. Buying drugs, dear sister? And to think, I wanted to be like you at some point.” She tsked and shook her head. “You’ve let me down Kikyou.” She could feel the cool tightening in her heart she remembered feeling when she talked to her mother. Disappointment? Was that what it was? She didn’t know.

I let you down. Ha! Kagome, you let everyone down. Just being you, you let them down. No wonder you’re being a little whore.” She looked from her sister to Kouga disgustedly.

Kagome suppressed the tears that threatened to fall. “I am not a whore! That’s Kagura and you damn well know it, too! I’ve never even had a boyfriend, ever let alone been kissed! At least you’ve had that much, and you have the nerve to call me a whore! You have no right to talk to me like that. Kouga, just sell her the damn drugs and let’s go.” She turned her head to the side to avoid further shame.

The wolf demon looked from one sister to the other before accepting the money and handing over the substance. “Thanks for the business.” He mumbled before he was led away by a furious miko.

“So that was your…sister, right?” She nodded her head quickly while still looking for an exit. He stopped in his tracks, thus causing her to be pulled back to him.

“Hey…” He spun her around and hugged her tightly. “Are you okay?” She wiped her eyes and smiled a watery smile.

“I’m fine…It’s just I haven’t seen her in over a month and this is how she treats me upon seeing me again!? I knew she didn’t love me.” She laughed bitterly and smiled wider. “Sorry for spazzing on you there. I’m crying over something stupid. Where were we going to go?”

“Uhh….I don’t really remember…But you look like you need some alone time or something, want me to give you a ride home?” She smiled again and nodded her head.

“I would love a ride home.” He gave her a ride home, his business card, and told her to call him anytime.

“Bye Kouga!!” She called as she watched him speed away.

‘I hope Inuyasha isn’t mad at me…I mean…I guess Kouga isn’t really a friend of his and I had to go and make friends with him…’ She bit her lip and looked up at the sky. ‘Kouga seems alright enough…I wonder why Kikyou would have been buying drugs…Were they for her!? Oh, Gods I hope not! I wonder if I should tell Dad…Wait, what am I thinking!? Her life isn’t my business anymore, she’s an adult now.’

She walked up to Inuyasha’s apartment and smiled when she realized he had left the door unlocked for her.

“Hey…” She looked around the darkened room for the source of his voice and focused on what she could make out of his amber eyes. “How’d it go? You weren’t with him long.”

“Oh…yeah…” She softly shut the door and walked over to the chair he was waiting in. “I ran into a bit of trouble and wanted to come home.”

“Trouble?” Concern was evident in his voice and she could barely see him sit up a little straighter.

“Yeah…I ran into my sister, Kikyou.” She sat on his lap and laid her head on his shoulder. Hesitantly he wrapped his arms around her waist. “She told me I let everyone down and that I’m a whore. Only…It was her tone…I’ve never heard her talk to anyone, let alone me like that before. It was all I could do not to break down right there!” She sniffled, feeling the tears arise in her again just at the memory of her sister yelling at her like she was nothing more than trash.

Inuyasha was silent for a moment before responding. “From how little long I’ve known you, you don’t seem like a whore to me…” She smiled and buried her face in his shirt. “And you haven’t let me down about anything yet.”

“You’re too nice to me Inu.”

“Yeah…You should feel privileged, I’m not nice to just anyone. Although, I’m still a little mad about you hanging out with Kouga.”

“Why, what’s wrong with him?” She pulled away and tried to look in his eyes.

“I’ll let you find that out for yourself. Hey, did you say your sister’s name was Kikyou?”

“Yeah, why?”




I know, horrible place to end it. But, I just don’t care. I’m going through a lot of shit right now. I’m trying to get this to where I want it…but it’s just not flowing how I want it to.

Please review. I would greatly appreciate them!!

Steffaniey the Lavishly Splendid