InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kismet ❯ A Life Long Friend ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha......there happy now. -.-

SNOW: Looks at reviews *gasp* Look at all the lovely reviews! I've got sooo many! This is sure to encourage me! n_n

Mini-Moose: Uh oh, now you've inflated her ego. Now she's gona be annoyingly happy . . . T_T

SNOW: n_n That's right!

"Kismet"

Chapter five

A Life Long Friend

Kagome POV

Inuyasha led me through the woods for a long time before he stopped. He seemed to be waiting for me to see what we had stopped for so I looked around the corner. I tried to suppress my gasp. Right before me was a traditional Sengoku Jidai period Japanese village! I was beginning to think that I hadn't just traveled distance yesterday. I turned to Inuyasha who seemed to have noticed my gasp. "What is it?" he asked, his voice lacking the usual annoyance and sarcasm. I was afraid of what I had stumbled into might be more than just far from Tokyo, so I used my most trusted logic; When in doubt, lie.

"Ano, I don't recognize anything here." There that wasn't much of a lie at all; Now as long as he didn't push it- "What do you mean? What does your village look like?" Yeah, so much for that idea. That well that I fell through, this must have something to do with the reason it was forbidden. Could it be that I've fallen through time? I hurriedly shook the thought off when I realized I was keeping Inuyasha waiting, and if I took to long and my story wasn't too good, he defiantly wouldn't buy it.

"Ano, it's not around here; It's near a, near a, well!" Great going Kagome! Just keep acting casual. "Yeah, and it's pretty far away. I must have traveled miles from it yesterday." I looked in the opposite direction from where we came. Inuyasha seemed to be thinking about this. 'Please buy it, please buy it." I thought. After a moment he spoke. "All right." he said and motioned me to come over. When I stood by him he knelt down. "Climb on my back." I blushed. "N-nani?"

He looked up at me from on the ground. "Climb on my back and I'll carry you to this stupid well of your's. It'll be much faster if I carry you, and I don't really feel like taking all day." I took that as his way of courtesy and climbed on hesitantly. When I got on he wrapped his arms back around my calves and I blushed, thankful that he couldn't see. He stood up quickly and leapt into the air, and as a reflex I tightened my grip around his shoulder's. I hoped he didn't notice.

Inuyasha POV

As I took off into the air Kagome held on tighter. I tried to reassure her that she wouldn't be dropped. "I'm not gona drop you, wretch." Oh yeah, that was nice; Dripping with sensitivity. I tried to push away the thought as I continued jumping through the tree's; Hopefully this wouldn't be too long of a trip.

Kagome POV

As he leapt form tree to tree I had the wonderful sensation that we were flying. The wind whisked by and for a while I was completely carefree; But then my con came flying back at my face. What will I do when we get to the well and there's no village? I leaned back down to guard my face from the wind and prayed that somehow this would all work out.

* * *

The fluidity of his movements steady rythm of his breathing had put me to sleep, and what I believed was roughly an hour later, Inuyasha came to a stop. I lifted my head and slipped off his back to see. We were at the well. I had run out of time, and needed some sort of excuse. Would he hate me if he knew that I'd lied? I didn't have time to answer myself because Inuyasha spoke. "Is this the well?" Yes this was the well, but should I say that? I didn't know weather to lie again or give in now.

"Yes." I said. He waited for a second to see if I was going to continue. "Well, do you know where your village is?" I didn't know what to do; I turned to him and realized by his expression that I was crying. "Gomen," I said softly. "I've been such a bother to you, and wasted your time." My bottled up emotions from yesterday were suddenly coming back because of seeing the well, and all of my feelings were transferred to words. "I've led you here when I wasn't even sure if it would make any difference. I was here when I woke up, but I'm not exactly sure what was a dream."

I cursed my tears as each one fell; I hated making him angry and I believed that must be what I was doing. "I don't have a family any more, and the-it-he might come and get me." Why was I saying this? Why was there a sudden memory of my mother in my head? Why couldn't I stop thinking about that man!? I couldn't say any more, afraid that Inuyasha might yell. Everyone seemed to yell back then, and if you spoke back, you got hurt.

Inuyasha POV

I watched in shock as Kagome started crying and poured out her life before me. From the bit's and pieces, it seemed as though we were alike; Both orphaned but she had been abused. I couldn't keep on my crude facade any longer, I understood her too well. "Kagome,"

Kagome POV

"Kagome," He said my name, but it wasn't in his usual tone; Not angry or annoyed, but more of, sympathetic? "Gomen." I looked at him in confusion. What had he done? "For what?" I asked as my subsiding tears rolled down my cheek. "For you."

My heart jumped for some reason and I stared at him. He was sorry for me? There were so many questions I had right now so I just blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "Why?" he looked at me solemnly. "Because, I know how you feel." After he said it realization kicked in; He was an orphan too.

Without debating I walked right up to him and looked at his bangs which covered his eye's, until he looked up. I smiled weakly. "I guess we have something in common." He stared at me with a blank but softened expression, and with my newly acquired knowledge, I realized he must have been alone for a long time; And being alone causes you to harden, and steals the familiarity of love.

Throwing out all previous assumptions I put one thing in mind; That Inuyasha and I were very similar; Both alone and both lacking love, but now that a twist of spontaneous fate brought us together, were aren't alone; Even now after having told him just one thing about myself, he already knows more about me than anyone in the world, and with everything I've summed him up for he's her best friend, and something tell's me he feels the same way.

I lifted my arms from my sides and hugged him, but it was somehow different this time, because instead of him tensing up, he had no hesitation in hugging me too.

@ @ @

Fluff city! *throws cotton balls and feathers into air and feels embarrassed when everyone is silent.*

He, he n_n; So how did you like this new development? all full of fuzzy feelings ^^ anyway review!