InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kismet ❯ Guardian Angels ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I poem! I don't own Inuyasha, I don't have the rights, I live in a shoe-box, And I like rice! n_n . . . . . . .okay I don't live in a shoe-box, but house only had one syllable!

SNOW: *throws confetti* Wooh! Look at all my reviews! *jumps around* Yippie! Sorry for the delay in writing this, but I had midterms ¬.¬ evil creatures. . . .Anyway! Here's the latest update and I hope you like it cause it's a big development in the plot and it's different. . .yeah n_n

"Kismet"

Chapter six

Guardian Angels

Kagome POV

Inuyasha and I eventually just sat down and talked. I told him the sum of my situation, but he seemed willing to hear more. So I told him everything; Everything that I had gone through in the past few months, going backward from when I jumped through the well, skipping over that part though, of course, I didn't want to bring up the supernatural phenomenon yet. And then we came to the point of my story that I had tried to block out. The day my mother died.

Inuyasha watched me tentatively. Whenever he watched me it made me feel he was a lot older than he looked. (a/n: lol) "You've never told anyone before, have you?" It was a statement and not a question but I still shook my head. "After that day, I stopped speaking; Even if I wanted to, I couldn't have told." He nodded and waited for me to begin. The telling of the story had brought it up fresh into my mind's eye, and it was replaying back.

I starred off into space and began. "It all started about two weeks before that day; I woke up in the middle of the night to a lot of crashes and yells. My parents fought a lot, and most of it was over me." He scooted closer to me when my head drooped down. "My father hated me because I was a girl, and further more, a mistake. If my mom had never gotten pregnant then it wouldn't have been so bad." I could feel that he was about to deny that so I quickly went on to stop him; It was too cliche, and I wanted to finish.

"At first my father would have nothing to do with us, and was always flouncing around; But when my brother was born, he decided he wanted him." I could feel Inuyasha's gaze, but I didn't look up. "He started coming back at night and fighting. It was always about Souta, or me, and would end with my mom crying." I paused and stared back at the tree across the clearing with a glazed look. "But one night I did something really stupid. I hadn't figured out yet that my father was a bad person, and I missed him a lot, so I walked in during their fight." It seemed that the whole world was silent in waiting for me to continue.

"My parents stopped fighting for a moment when I walked in and I thought I had done something good. I walked up to my father and my mom made a whimpering scared noise that confused me. When I turned to look at her, my father picked me up. At first I thought her was just going to hold me, but my mommy's face looked so scared. He started yelling all kinds of words, and shaking me, and my mommy started crying and begging him to stop." My hands were starting to shake slightly at the memory of what happened next.

"My mom screamed, and then dad held a knife to my throat. He said he was going to kill me but my mom lunged at him . . . he dropped me, but then attacked my mom. . ." The rest was simple and a tear ran down my cheek with the flashing memory. "I hid. . .just leaving my mom all alone, with him. . ." I hung my head in shame. It really was my fault. Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up. "Inuyasha. . ." he smiled lightly. "It wasn't your fault. You couldn't have done anything." His smile suddenly turned to a scowl. "But if I ever find the man who did this, you can be sure he wont live to regret it." I smiled a little; I knew by now that I was in a completely different world and that Inuyasha could never find my father, but the gesture was encouraging.

I flashed him a smile. "Thank you." He blushed and turned away. "Keh, it's not like I care or anything, it's just guy's that cowardly shouldn't even be aloud to live, that's all." I smiled. That was the Inuyasha I knew. But then something dawned on me. "Hey, Inuyasha? What happened to your family?" Inuyasha looked at me and sat back down. "They left." I watched him carefully for any cracks in his emotionless mask, but there were none.

"Before I was born, my father had, had another mate." I took it that this 'mate' business was the equivalent to a wife or spouse. "With her they produced my brother, Sesshomaru, but she died soon after his birth." he spoke emotionlessly about his brother and I suspected a grudge. "My father then found another mate, but she was human." Human? His brother's mother had been a youkai, and so was his own father, but if his mother was a human. . . "Thus producing me; A hanyou." He said the word with such disgust.

He frowned. "My mother was there for me and Sesshomaru, but he would have nothing to do with her; Or me. Everyone said he just hated human's and anyone having to do with them, but I know he was also jealous." He didn't seem to like his brother very much. "I'm sorry to say that I looked up to him, and one day when my father was killed in a battle, I went to him for comfort." "Like I couldn't have done without it." He muttered as an after thought.

He was still trying to be tough, but it didn't matter. "He always turned me away, and then a few days later my mother was lost. She'd been ill for years, but then it finally got the best of her." he paused a moment to reflect. "After that, Sesshomaru left. And since then, I've been alone." I was in aw. He lost everyone he's ever loved; I can't compare to him, because I still have Souta. "Inuyasha. . .?" He turned to me without expression. I swallowed and knew what I had to say. "You aren't really alone," he looked at me strangely until I clarified. "You have me." And we smiled.

* * *

Neutral POV

"Kioko, come here and see." A tall brunet dressed in white, spoke out to her sister as she watched tentatively over a small glowing orb. Within a moment another younger girl ran up in a similar plain gown. "What is it Kameko?" she asked walking up to the silver orb. "It seems that Kohana's plan is working out well." Kameko, the older sister said, waving her hand over the ball to bring attention to it.

Inside the orb was a cloudy vision of two children; One girl and one hanyou, talking and laughing. "So they've met have they?" Kioko stated with a smile. "And they've already become friends." She giggled giddily. "Oh this is splendid! Wait till we tell Kohana!" Her sister chuckled. "I think she's found out for herself. Kioko turned around to see her youngest sister Kohana, a tiny child who appeared to be three. "Kohana, have you seen the new development?" Kioko asked, and the small girl nodded.

Kameko smiled. "So Kohana, what did you have planned for them next?" Kohana put her hands to her sides and suddenly unfolded wings from her back and flew over to the circular portal. This didn't surprise either of the other girls and they just stood next to her, keeping their wings folded down. "Kagome and Inuyasha must continue to converse." Kohana said in her ginger, child's voice.

The two nodded. "Should I inform God of the speed that they have taken to become friends?" Kameko asked. Kohana smiled. "He already knows, silly." she chided. "Of course," Kameko blushed at her lack of knowledge. Kioko stared into the portal and watched the children chase after each other in a game of tag. "So now that we've gotten this far, the hard part starts, right?" she stated, brushing back a strand of hair.

Kameko nodded. "The girl was born with the Shikon no Tama inside her body; But it wasn't supposed to, ne?" Kioko nodded. "Kagome was supposed to be a normal girl; But complication's in the past caused her destiny to be changed. It's a very delicate nature, the thread between times, but Lucifer was very bad again." She frowned. "He created that Na-rock-rock person," Kameko smiled and corrected her. "Naraku." Kioko shrugged. "Whatever, Naraku, Nashmaku, he's still a stupid mean person."

Kohana sighed. "He killed Inuyasha's daddy and made him all alone. Inuyasha was at first supposed to rule his fathers lands wasn't he?" Kioko giggled. "Sesshy wasn't aloud to rule because he was too arrogant." she spoke through her giggles. Kameko smiled. "Well ultimately Sesshomaru was supposed to inherit the western lands, so it was just another way for him to get them. Beside's he's a lot more grown up than he was one-hundred years ago."

Kohana stared into the ball and smiled at the two children whose destiny's were in her hands. "They should fall in love." She spoke to no one, but her sisters looked shocked. "What do you mean Kohana? We can't make them fall in love." Kioko stated simply. Kohana continued to watch the ball. "Do you really not realize? God knew of this impeding development from the start. We wont make them fall in love, because in a way, they already will." She smiled at the ball while her sisters thought her over. They were quite naive sometimes.

Kameko realized the situation first, but found something wrong. "But, what about the other Miko?" Kohana frowned. "Very soon Kagome will figure out the proses of the magic well and she will begin to travel through the times; Unfortunately, in her conversation's with Inuyasha, she didn't tell him about the well, and later on she still won't. That will come back on her much later when she turns fifteen. After that we can no longer interfere, and her family will have before that figured something out." Her sisters listened carefully to Kohana.

"Inuyasha will appear seventeen, and she will be fifteen; But when she goes through the well at that point, the miko, Kikyou (a/n: ah! ryhms!) will have come in, and Kagome's lies will be discovered; At that point, everything will depend on the strength of their bond. Because then, we will be restricted to watch."

The three angels watched silently over the children whose destiny's were to be so dramatically intertwined.

After a long while, Kameko was the first to speak. "Well, their future is a long ways away, but their present is now, and if I'm not mistaken, we have a lot of work to do." she said with a determined look. Kioko clapped her hands. "Yeah!" The two began walking off to get started, but Kameko stopped shortly to look back at her youngest sister, who was still staring into the ball.

Kameko stared with sympathy. Kohana may have been the youngest, but she was a lot wiser than them all, and she understood a lot of things that couldn't be handled by a lot of angels. That's another reason she was so close with God. "You coming Kohana?" She called. Kohana turned around and flew up to her sister's side before landing. "Yeah." She smiled and took Kameko's hand. They walked off to begin their work with Kioko, but Kohana took one last glance at the window that showed the children. 'Be safe Kagome and Inuyasha.'

@ @ @

Well incase you didn't get that, the three girls are Inuyasha and Kagome's "Guardian Angels", their names mean

Kameko

tortoise-child, symbol for long-life

Kioko

Meets the World with Happiness

Kohana

little flower

Kameko is Inuyasha's angel, Kioko is Kagome's and Kohana is the guardian angel that sort of oversee's their relationship.

Oi, do you know how incredibly depressing episodes 48 and 49 are? Reeeeeealy depressing! Horribleness! I think I'm gona be mad at Inuyasha for a whole day!. . . . . . .or hour. . . . . . .yeah. . . . . ug I blame kikyou. . . . .Okie dokie, that's all for now! Now don't forget those REVIEWS! n_n