InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Letters ❯ Wedding by Writing ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: I know I'm in the middle of "Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou", but during my little break, I thought a little story during my break wouldn't hurt. If this story ends up longer then originally planned, don't expect it to get updated as frequently as "KPCSH" (tired of writing the whole danged title!) But here we go. Keep in mind this is fiction, the history is not accurate (History/Geography were my best subjects in school… so was Fictional writing ) Sorry for the corny country names **sweat drop**

Any word between the ~ marks are points of views- for intense- ~ Inuyasha~ = mean it's the start of Inuyasha POV. Oh, and Youkai don't live forever, they live up too 300 years.

Chapter 1: Wedding by Writing.-

Funny thing about Renaissance Europe was of all the tiny countries and kingdoms that existed that no history book would care too record about, but of course, they were always getting picked on by the bigger countries of France and Spain, but they had little scuffles of their own. We set our sights on two small countries, both roughly the size of Japan, but a small slice of France dipped into the mid-section of their borders, so the land that connected them was small. We had Western Tainu and New Shikonland. Then we had the kings, both had ancient Asian descent, but one was feared for their supernatural powers. The King of Western Tainu was King Ginkou III. He was widowed twice, which were both extremely hard on him and his sons, which is thought to why the family was fairly hostile. His sons were Sesshomaru Ginkou and Inuyasha Ginkou, which because of their mysterious background, their ages were unknown. Sesshomaru looked around 25 and Inuyasha looked around 17-18. After trying to steal the powerful sword, Tetsuaiga from his father, Sesshomaru was exiled and Inuyasha was announced the new heir. Over in the small country of New Shikonland, Was His majesty, King Higurashi XI, his Queen and his children , his 8 year old son, Souta Higurashi, and his 16 year old daughter, Kagome Higurashi. But in the once peaceful countries, war was threatening to disturb their bliss-but an agreement was about to be met.

~Kagome~

I sat on my bed looking out of the window that overlooked the green, rolling hills that led into the forest. I was nervous about the war. My father is the type of man that goes to the front with his troops. I love my father a lot. There were peace talks being held in the large hall below my room were all diplomatic meets were held. I prayed to God that Western Tainu would back away and leave our beautiful, little country alone. I love my country very much and I would do everything in my will as it's Princess to keep it the blissful, beautiful country it was. No one starved, there were no famine, and no one was poor- not even the commoners. My father was the first King to make Civil Rights for peasants, realizing they are what made this country what it was. I was very involved too. I knew most of the surrounding commoners by name and would help them. Most acts like these were looked down upon by other Royalty, but my parents were proud of me. I loved my parents and country and would do anything for them.

"Your Highness, The King requests your presence." One of my father's messengers said as he peeked in. I smiled and nodded. He nodded back and left. I rose, my handmaiden/ bodyguard, Sango rose with me and stood by my side. She was more like my best friend though. I let out a sigh.

"Your Majesty, you look uneasy, is something the matter?"

I smiled and said,

"No, Sango, I'm fine."

She gave me a "You know I'm here for you" look and followed me down the hallway.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Third person~

"I just wish there were another way" His Majesty slouched in his chair, covering his face with his hand, his elbow on the table.

"We know His Majesty Cares much for his daughter, but it is by King Ginkou's request that his son marry your daughter and bare an heir. If this request is not met, he will invade."

King Higurashi looked up at the ambassador's face. It was steadfast and emotionless.

"This means my daughter would have to leave for Tainu, wouldn't it?"

The ambassador nodded. The King asked,

"When?"

The ambassador laid out a paper on the table and said,

"His Majesty Ginkou does not believe in wedding ceremonies, so these are wedding papers. She signs them, you sign them, we take it back to or King and everything will be official. You will bring her too us in 4 months"

King Higurashi looked back at his queen. She was trying to keep composure, but she was crying. She could tell that he was just as heart broken, but they have no choice. Kagome walked in and stood in front of her father and smiled,

"You summoned me, my lord?"

Her sweet smile made it harder for him to keep his professional composure.

"Kagome, my dear, I need you too sign these." He said

~Kagome~

I look down at the papers.

"What are these?"

The cold-looking man beside me boomed his voice,

"These are wedding papers, Princess. Just sign them and we will be on our way."

I went pale and my heart dropped when I saw my mother crying and my father near it. I closed my eyes and softly spoke, asking,

"To whom?"

My father answered,

"To Prince Inuyasha…"

I felt sick. I was going to be married to that snobby, loud, pompous, mean, violent boy?! I've never met him, but I've heard endless stories about him from our ambassador and his attendants. I barely got out of my mouth,

"Papa?"

He was almost as upset about this as I. He spoke softly.

"King Ginkou says if you refuse, he will attack."

I felt nauseated, and wanted to say no. I wanted to run. I wanted to rip it up, be a brat and refuse, but I thought about all the families that would loose their Husbands, fathers, and sons. The death, the pain, the sadness. It was now all on my shoulders. I swallowed and hesitantly picked up the feather quill pen. The ambassador smiled. A tear accidentally fell onto the paper, smudging a bit of the ink. Once I sign my name, all my hopes and wishes of true love and being whisked away with Prince Charming out of the window would be gone. That's also what my parents wanted for me. True Love. But thousands of lives would be lost- maybe even my father's- if I refused. I dipped the pen in the ink and pressed on the paper, slowly writing my name. It was done and slowly stood up straight. I heard Sango begin too sob. I've shared with her all my dreams since I was 5. I knew she felt my pain, it was going to be hard on her too. She too would have to leave to Western Tainu. My father signed and they rolled up the papers. The ambassador smiled and swiftly left for the door,

"I will collect her in 4 months".

When he exited, my father came and hugged me.

"Forgive me."

I said into his chest,

"I know you had no choice, Father."

I know was…Married. I said I'd do anything for my country, but this never crossed my mind.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~** *~*~**~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~**~*~***~~**~*~*~**~*~*

~Inuyasha~

My Father had me sit at the table. I just stared at the piece of paper that had the King of New Shikon and…her… signature on it. I had my arms crossed and my father was tapping his claws all in a wave motion on the table. Then he stood and pounded on the table,

"Just sign the damned paper!"

"Keh!" was all he got out of me.

He sneered and rushed to my side, grabbing my hand.

"You will marry that girl or I will have you punished!"

I stared at him in the eyes and said,

"What will it be, Father? Hot oil or the rack?"

He shut up for a second and stumbled,

"I will…deny you the crown and…live forever!"

I smirked at the dumb response and growled,

"Well, you can have it `cause I don't want it!"

"I will forbid the chef and all the pasta makers I can find to deny you Ramen!"

My ears twitched as I growled,

"You wouldn't!"

He smiled back,

"Oh, yes I would!"

"Teme…"

He had me backed into a corner. Ramen! Damn the stuff! I'd die for it. I'm really messed up to rather take hot oil then be denied Ramen? Oh boy! I took the pen and studied her name. It was written in perfect cursive and written like a true princess. I spotted the tear-drop and noticed the paper smelt like sweat and saline. Evidently she really didn't want this either. I grumbled,

"She writes like a…"

"Don't even say it! Just write your name, boy!"

I sighed and wrote my name. I'm married.

"Keh!"

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````***``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````***````````````````````````````

Hehehehe, hope you like the first chapter! I'll post the next chapter tonight or Monday (I don't write on God's day! )

Till then… Kudos!