InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Letters ❯ The First Letter ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Okay, sorry, I do not own "Ever after" or "Inuyasha"… **runs away sobbing**

Someone caught my little scene from "Ever After" In the last chapter! I love that movie and for the past 3 years watch it nearly every few days. If you haven't seen it, you have too. Drew Barrymore is so cute! But here-

Chapter 2: The First Letter

~Kagome~

I sat out on my terrace staring east were Western Tainu was. It was about a week coach ride from my palace to their's. It was hard to believe I was officially married to someone that I've never even seen before. I had no Idea how he looked or sounded or anything. Fort some odd reason, our ambassador wouldn't describe the way he looked to me. All he would respond with was, "Different". I just watched the Starlings fly in giant swarms like a cloud above the forest and throughout the sky. Most children would blame their parents, but not my parents. They were very great rulers and even greater parents. I realized my father's position, but still it saddened me that would never experience true love. I'd have to deal with some moody, immature, loudmouthed, spoiled brat for a husband. But I'm not one too judge. It was getting chilly outside so I slowly walked in and sat in front of my vanity. I looked at my face. I was 16, but yet I saw myself as younger, but then I focused again and saw myself older. It confused-even scared me. I felt uneasy. I didn't even know this "man" and I was expected to be his wife? What do I do? Then I saw it. On my desk was my feather-quill pen and a bottle of ink. It took a second to hit me.

"I could write him a letter I suppose."

I said to myself. I slowly got up and sat in front of my desk. There were a stack of papers from my schooling, but I don't think my tutor would mind, seeing as I'm writing to my "spouse". I placed a blank piece of paper in front of me and dipped the pen into the ink, but my mind drew a blank. I sat in concentration,

"I suppose I could tell him about myself and ask him some questions."

I got it and with a smile, started to write my first letter too my spouse. But I pause as too how too sign my name. Kagome Higurashi or Kagome Ginkou? I decided to shock him by signing it "Kagome Ginkou". After I was done, I rolled it up and sealed it by melting wax to hold the paper together and putting my family stamp on it. I went down stair and gave it to a messenger.

"It should reach him in a few days."

He told me. I knew the messengers rode their horses at full pace for as much as they can to their destination. I saw him exit the palace, anxious of when- more like if I'll get a reply from my husband.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~Inuyasha~

Damn! I was bored out of my mind. I just lounged in my huge chair that was in my room and stared out of the window. I was married… to a wench I've never even met! I was a little nervous to meet her. No one described her to me so I presumed she was ugly somehow, but everyone was quiet around here so I couldn't really guess if she was ugly or not.

"Uh, Prince Inuyasha?"

An intimidated servant knocked on my door. Just to jostle him up a bit, I snarled,

"What the hell do you want?"

He peeked inside, I gave him a very evil look.

"Well?" I snapped.

He held out a rolled up letter,

"For you, my prince."

I got up from my chair and grabbed it from his hand. It read "From Kagome Ginkou". I tossed it back too him

"Just toss it away."

"But sir, your wife…"

I raised my claws up to him,

"You…"

Then I was grabbed.

"Miroku! What the hell?"

He snatched the letter from the messenger's hands and shooed him off. I sneered at him.

"Awwww, Inuyasha, You have to read it!" He said in a sweet, sarcastic voice. It was enough to make me pale. He handed it too me.

"Just read what it says. It can't be too bad!"

Miroku was my attendant, but also the only person dumb enough to be my best friend. I grabbed the letter and plucked off the wax seal with my claws. I dreaded what it would say, but I began to read it,

"My dear husband…"

Miroku interrupted me,

"Out loud, please."

I snarled, but mused him.

"My dear husband,

First off I'm letting you know I did not agree to this either, so please forgive me…"

"For what?" Miroku again interrupted.

"Shut the hell up and let me continue!" I snapped.

"Okay! Jessh!" He backed off. I continued.

"… I don't know you and that makes me kind of nervous, and even might make you nervous…"

'If only you knew' I thought.

"…, so I thought we could maybe write to eachother to get to know eachother so we aren't complete strangers when I join you in just a little under 4 months. So let me tell you a bit about myself. I'm 16 years old, around 5'4, and 115 lbs. I have ebony hair just passed my shoulder blades and brown/cobalt eyes… "

"She sounds pretty."

"Keh! Her face could be deformed or something."

"I doubt it."

I glared at him before continuing,

"…I like to horseback ride and play badminton, but one thing you have to except me doing is I like to help people. I'm known for helping commoners with their chores and playing with little children. I was a teacher for a few months and I enjoyed it a lot… Keh! I can't believe this! A princess that mingles with commoners!"

"Your father won't like that."

"My father? I don't like it! No wife of mine will converse with commoners!"

"Oh, so now you care?"

"I have to…"

I grumbled. I cleared my throat and continued,

"…But I please ask that you send a letters telling me about yourself. How you look, what do you like to do, tell me anything and everything about yourself I should know, please,

Sincerely yours,

Kagome Ginkou"

I rolled to paper back up.

"She sounds nice" Miroku replied

"Keh! She sounds like a prissy goody goody! She's no wife for me! I want a wife with power, a bit more attitude, but what am I saying! I never want a wife!"

I declared. Miroku shook his head and headed too the door,

"Too late" He flatly said. I growled him and he exited. I threw the letter acrossed the room and fell into my large, comfortable chair,

"Keh, I don't need to write her back! She's just going to be my wench anyway"

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````***`````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A/N: You guys may have noticed these chapters are somewhat shorter then the ones of my other fic, but if you aren't reading it, please read it, "Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou"

Till next time… Kudos!