InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life isn't Perfect ❯ My Happy Family ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 7
My Happy Family
"Turn left at the corner," Kagome stated. They did and went up a bricked road. "You can park your car behind the shrine," she offered.
The pulled up in the back of the shrine and the second the car came to a halt the chidren opened the doors and ran to the door with Shippo leading the way and Kagome and Sesshoumaru following in the back. The kids were jumping up with anticipation by the time Kagome reached the door.
"Wow, I didn't know you and your sister lived in a shrine Shippo," Rin spoke, awed.
"Well, Kagome's not really my sister," Shippo started. "She found me when I was 6 and brought me home with her. They reported me to the authorities but no one reported a missing child. Since Kagome couldn't stand me living in an orphanage she dicided to let me live with her," he said pointing out the facts with his finger. "Though they naver officially adopted me," he finished.
"Thats so cool! I'm was adopted by Sesshoumaru-samas mother when I was 6 too!" she said with a yelling in everyones ear.
"That's so cool" Shippo said equally loud.
"We should probably go inside before they make us deaf," Sesshoumaru suggested.
"You're probably right, "kagome said giggling alittle while she opened the door.
"Come on Rin lets go to my room and play playstation," Shippo said half way up the stairs.
"Not before bothe of you finish your homework," Kagome stated.
Whining was heard but with a stern look on her face they said 'okay' and went to do there homework.
"Well I'll show you the basement with the scrolls. While you look throught them I'll make everyone something to eat. Sound good to you?" she said leading him down the hall.
When she looked back she saw Sesshoumaru standing inhront of a cabinet,gazing upon something. She walked next to him and peered at what he was looking at. It was an old photo of the whole family. There was an old man and woman dressed in miko and monk garb yelling at each other. Next to them was a laughing younger couple dressed in kimonos. The womans hair was in a tight bun and the kimono was of a dark blue with a sakura pattern across it in the wind, The males haori and pants was also a dark blue but with a picture of an arrow being shot on it. Clutching the womans leg was a small boy in a smaller outfit with dark green. Decorated on it was a picture of a quill writing on an ancient scrole. In front of the man wtih the arrow was a litte girl smiling with her hair in two buns. Her kimono was a dark turquoise. Depicted on it was a shimmerinng sea with tiny goldfish.
"That's Grandpa," she started pointing at the spoken family mambers. "That's Grams, Dad, mom Souta when he was one, and me whan I was 6," she listed. "It was taken infront of this very shrine on the day of the fall festival," falling into a distant memory. "Our grandparents were arguing on the history of the festival, they thought the others facts were wrong. A few years ago I checked and found out that they were both wrong," she said giggling. "My dad almost colapsed from laughter. He new that they were both wrong but dicided to let them be. There arguing was a way of showing they cared for eachother. My mother wantd it to stop but as you can see she thought it was funny as well. My brother was scared so he clung to my mother. I was young and thought it was funny to see them yell at each other when they would always say me and Souta acted like children," she finished, coming out of her revery.
Sesshoumaru was just standing there gawking at her. he finally caught on to what he was doing and looked back at the picture. "You have such a happy family," he said almost enviously.
"Well nothing ever lasts. A month later my dad died of cancer as you know," she said sadly.
Nice job on your promise of watching what you say. Change the subject now!!!
"Beautiful wardrobe. Where did you get them?" he asked, non innocently; but he truly admired the handy work.
"We only bought the fabric and paint," she started. Wtih a look from Sesshoumaru she finished her expination. "My mother maid them," she stated. Sesshoumaru nodded his head. "It took her a couple of years, during every spare moment she had she worked on them. My dad painted them though. Such fabulous art work. It's amazing all the skills he had in his short life," she becam sad again. Seeing Sesshoumarus bowd head she dicided to change the subject this time.(Yes she new about all the times he changed the subject) "Why don't we go get the scroles so that I can start cooking. I make a mean sushi," she said, putting her famous smile on.
The sushci, as pridicted, was fantastic. They found the scroles. There were about a hundred of them, all about how one thing came into being. They only found maybe 10 things that actually concerned weapons, and even half of that was about how they used them to kill in wars. By the time they had a sufficient amount of facts it was time for Kagome to head off to work. When they got there Kagome and Sesshoumaru had ten minutes to spare.
"Okay I'' be back in about 5 minutes. I just need to visit someone," she said scuuying off before Sesshoumaru could protest.
Tru to her word Kagome came back in five minutes. She just walked past Sesshoumaru with a wave of her hand and went off to get into her uniform for work. She got up to five breaks with 15 in each. Only a few actually new how humorous it was to see the hottest guy ever with an innocent school girl wearing a cafateria uniform.
They were walking down the hall when Kagome remembered something and made a swift detour. They rounded the cornerand stopped at room B52.
"I have to say goodbye to some one I'll be back in a few moments," she said, looking back at him before going inside the room. She lightly brushed the door not enough to close it completely. Sesshoumaru observed from the crack.
________________________
"Hey Souta, how are you holding up?" she asked, with a concerned look on her face, to a boy laying down on the bed with his eyes barely open. "No flattery for me today?" she said sarcastically, not even laughing for real.
"Sorry Onee-chan, I'm just a little tired. But that's to be expected," he said yawning. "How about I flatter you on monday?"geting sleepier by the moment.
"Okay; I bought you a new game. It's that Final Fantasy game you wanted," she said about to lay it down on his bed side table.
"Number 7," he started, shooting up into a sitting position. "That one is supposed to be the best one yet. I've been waiting to get that game for the longest time," he almost shouted.
"Well look who's energetic all of a sudden," she said laughing but with a little bit of concern. "Boys. Put a game or movie infront of them tthat contains violence and they'll fight the whole world to be able to tuch it," she said giving another laugh.
"AAAWWW!!!" he moaned. "Kagome put it in, I want to ty it. PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!" he whined with his puppy dog eyes. She laughed and put the game into the playstation, but didn't turn it on, looking at him"You're the absoulute best Kagome. There is no better onee-chan in the world," he started the flattery. "You're the most beautifull ,smart, stong, brave,tallented gracfull person in the world," he said, having trouble on what else to say. When she continude to look at him with a raised eyebrow he figured out what he forgot. "And the best overal person in all the universes," he said with his finger up as if he found the answer to the hardest problem there is. She turned on the Playstation and handed him the controler.
She watched him start the game and just sat there dazed until he brought her out of her revery. "So where is that guy you were working on that project with?" he asked innocently, not looking away drom the TV.
"Oh no I left him outside the room and totaly forgot about him." She got up and gathered her purse, "He is probaably so mad at me." She walked to Soutas' bed and gave him a kiss on the forhead. "By Souta. See you on Monday so you better have some new flattery terms up in that head of yours," and with a smirk she left.
________________________
Sesshoumaru saw that Kagome was coming out and thought that now was a good time to play innocent. As fast as he could he raced to a chair and sat on it looking only slightly bored as to put on the affect that he hadn't been eavsdropping .
Kagome stepped out of the room and quietly shut the door behind her. Not that it mattered since Souta was to caught up in his new game. She looked up and saw Sesshoumaru sitting in one of the waiting chairs. Something's off. She thought, taking a second glance. Then she noticed the he was slightly pnating. He either went off some where runing or he doesn't want me to know something that happened while I was visiting Souta. She thought back to everything that happened since she first started her visit.
Sesshoumaru looked at her. She seemed deep in thought but something iside of him told him that whatever it is was going to be bad for him. He looked away quickly.
Kagome figured it out. She was remminising and then she got to that part where she was leaving the room and remembered not having to turn the knob. He saw. He heard. She turned red with embarrasment. He heard me talk to my brother about everything. She then looked at him, red with anger. He was eavsdropping on me!