InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life's a Bitch ❯ Life's a Bitch ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu Yasha, or anything ok? Cept my car! And the bank still owns more than half of it!

I mentioned Vickey's Secrets…not mine either! Well N E ways…hope you guys like this…and I hope it's not TOOmuch to ask, but if you read this could you PLEASEreview and gimme some feed back? Ok that's it. Toodles ~.^

Life's a bitch

Sleep! That's all she was thinking about the minute she entered her room. Twenty-three and still living at home with her mom; hey it's a great way to save money! "Ahhhh", she sighed, "I'm going to take a shower and hit the sack!"

"Kagome, dear…WAKE UP!" her mom yelled from the hall. She cracked one eye open and glanced at her clock, 8:00 am it read. "Time to get up", she mumbled to herself. Wow, vacationing sure makes you lazy! She had to fight herself; all she wanted to do was pull the covers over her head and go back to sleep.

"Good morning Mr. Diazo," came an extremely cheerful greeting.

"Uh oh, she's pissed," he whispered to himself, and who wouldn't be pissed being called back to work when on vacation? He knew he would be.

"Good morning Kagome," he smiled.

"I'm ready to get to work, sir!" He nodded. "Actually Kagome, the Boss wants to see you in his office at 9:00 am", he told her calmly. 9:00 am? She had ten minutes to grab a cup of coffee and be up there to see the big boss.

"Come in Ms. Higurashi", came a slightly muffled voice.

"Good morning, you wished to see me Mr.-", he interrupted her, "Naraku, just call me Naraku." "I hate formality, don't you?" Not waiting for a response he indicated she should be seated.

"Kagome…do you mind if I call you Kagome," she shook her head no. He smiled. She hated that smile; it made the fine hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. "Yes, well, Kagome how was vacation? Did you enjoy yourself?" he didn't wait for a reply just kept talking.

After speaking for a few minutes he paused and buzzed for his secretary. She entered shortly and handed Naraku an envelope, while she was leaving, Kagome was on the receiving end of a cold stare. Heh, she can look at me like that all she wants, she ain't the one who pays me! Mean while Naraku is rifling through the envelope. Hey wait; those look like photos, she thought.

"Kagome, do you recognize this man?" he held the photo out for her. She froze. It was a picture of Inu Yasha! What the hell is going on here she wondered. She was having a bad feeling, were they spying on her? No that couldn't be it. Kagome you are losing your mind! Soon I'm going to need professional help. "Yes, we had lunch at the Resort," she replied evenly. "Lunch? Did you discuss anything…work related?"

"EXCUSE ME?!" she exploded, "I AM A P-R-O-F-E-S-S-I-O-N-A-L" she stressed each word. I would never discuss my work with anyone. She was ticked. He continued calmly as though she hadn't just yelled at him, "as you may or may not be aware, he is one of my business rivals." Kagome was shocked, she couldn't have been more shocked if he had come out and said that he was a demon and was five hundred years old. She could not believe that foul-mouthed Inu Yasha was a business rival of Naraku's caliber!

"Kagome, this is serious, are you sure that you told him nothing-".

She stared at him, why is he watching me like that, now that he had her complete attention once more the thought popped out of nowhere. He's looking at me like I'm a piece of ass. She didn't like it and she was not one for keeping those kinds of feelings to herself.

"Naraku, sir, I really don't like how you are watching me", she told him evenly. "Oh? And how am I watching you, Kagome?" he retorted.

"Don't play games! I'm here to do a job, which you are accusing me…" she stopped herself. She had to get out of there, and fast. Abruptly she stood and excused herself. She was about to step out of his office when his voice stopped and chilled her to the bone. "I would hate to have to…let you go because you can't keep your mouth shut." Is he TRYING to piss me off she asked herself? With out turning to face him she replied, "Do what ever you feel is necessary." And with that she escaped him and his offending presence.

"K-kagome?" Mr. Diazo stared at her, "you are packing? Did you get a promotion?"

"NO! Your boss is firing me… and even if he wasn't I would quit! I refuse to work for a company that questions my professionalism in the manner that that asshole just did!" Grrrrr…I'm so pissed right now, I just need to get out of here. "I'll be back tomorrow to collect the rest of my things, I'm really sorry about leaving you like this", she explained to him but he stopped her with a smile. "Don't worry about Kagome, and I'll have your referral ready for you tomorrow." She grinned, "you really are the best boss ever!" I mean "ex-boss!"

"Then nerve of that ass saying my little Kagome is untrustworthy!" Mrs. Higurashi fumed. She had been shocked to see Kagome home so early and knew that something was wrong. Mother's intuition. She needed to try to get Kagome's mind off her hateful thoughts.

"Kagome, darling, come help me with dinner."

"Coming mom!" came a slightly muffled reply. Mrs. Higurashi blinked, that had been a bit too easy knowing her stubborn pig headed daughter.

"Darn, out of rice! muttered Ms. Higurashi.

"What's the matter mom?" Kagome asked.

"We're out of rice…" replied Mrs. Higurashi. Kagome laughed, "I'll go buy some, fear not! Can't have dinner with out rice, right?"

"I don't appreciate you making fun of me forgetting to go shopping young lady!" exclaimed Mrs. Higurashi, lips twitching. Kagome simply giggled. "I'll be back soon."