InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Like My Master ❯ Ch. 1: Slave Auction ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters.
Flames welcome.


Like My Master
By: Miyukyshan


A/N: Hello again fellow Inuyasha lovers. It's been a long time since I've been here, but I decided to come back. It's good to be writing again and I hope you all enjoy my new story.

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

Chapter One: Slave Auction

Sesshomaru lips curled down in a disgusted sneer as he walked down the dirt path that wound through the center of the market. The smell of humans and lower-class demons assaulted his sensitive nose and made his stomach turn. He wouldn't even be there if it hadn't been for Jaken's incompetence. His small retainer brought several slaves to be reviewed and tested, and all had failed miserably. Rin insisted on having a female protector, and women were not often trained as bodyguards. However, Sesshomaru had not been able to deny his young ward. He knew she thought of him as a father, and the opportunity for her to have a mother-figure wouldn't be passed up.

The whole situation of purchasing a slave could have been avoided if Jaken looked after the human child more carefully. She was almost eaten the last time Sesshomaru chose to leave the group, and that wouldn't happen again.

Sesshomaru glanced briefly at the women around him. Humans and demons alike were naked and chained to the stages they were forced to stand on. Most of the humans were huddled together and crying. He ignored them and moved on, Jaken racing behind to keep up. A weeping woman wouldn't make a good protector.

"My Lord, I brought all the strongest women I could find. The only ones left are too weak or sick to protect Rin. Why don't you just buy a male slave? Rin is too spoiled as it is."

"Are you telling me what I should and should not do, Jaken?" Sesshomaru asked coolly.

Jaken cried out and dropped at his master's feet. "Oh no, my Lord! This humble servant would never dream of telling you what to do."

Sesshomaru walked past his prostrate retainer, kicking dust up on the demon as he passed. Jaken jumped up from the ground and chased after his master, ignoring the stares from the demon sellers around him.

The odd pair eventually found themselves at the last booth. It had a mix of humans and demons, even a half-demon who was chained up at the far end away from all the others. But it was a young woman sitting at the back of the stage that caught his attention. She was the only one who was fully clothed, but Sesshomaru knew she was a slave from the shackles around her wrists. She was also human, which meant she wouldn't be strong enough to protect Rin. Her head was bent low, but he caught her watching him through her tangled black hair. Something flashed in her dark eyes that made him think she was more than she appeared to be. Sesshomaru decided to ask about her, but the fox demon who owned her was busy haggling with someone over the half-demon.

"I just want to try her out, see if she's strong or not," the man said.

"Sorry, you know the rules. No testing the merchandise until after purchase. Can't risk you killing it," the fox demon replied.

The man grumbled under his breath before handing a pouch of money over to the fox. The half-demon's new owner grabbed the chain attached to her collar and led her out of the market. Sesshomaru moved toward the seller and glanced back at the human.

"Why is that female clothed?" he asked.

The fox demon looked over at the woman in question and chuckled. "She refuses to take her clothes off."

"What are her skills?"

"She's very good at fighting. You can try her out if you want. I wouldn't suggest it, though."

"I just overheard you say it's against the rules to test the merchandise."

The fox demon laughed again and started walking toward the human. "Trust me, you won't kill her," he said before removing the chains from her shackles. "Stand up! You've got a potential buyer."

The woman kept her head down but stood. Her tattered clothes hung off her small frame, and Sesshomaru realized she was wearing a man's clothing. The fox pulled her over to him and pushed her forward before grabbing a sword from behind his booth.

"Who will she be fighting?" he asked.

Sesshomaru looked down at Jaken and the fox snickered before replacing the weapon.

"Is she not going to use the sword?" Sesshomaru asked, his voice smooth and even.

"She won't need it."

Jaken scoffed and waved his staff around in the fox demon's face. "How dare you insult me! Suggesting that I would be defeated by a mere human, and such a puny one at that!"

The fox brushed the staff aside and bent down to stare into Jaken's eyes. "Why don't you hold your tongue until after you've fought her?"

Jaken seethed under the demon's stare but was stopped by his master.

"Jaken, prepare yourself," Sesshomaru said before walking to the side of the road.

Jaken pouted and walked a few feet away from the woman. The fox pushed her to the center of the road and nodded at Jaken.

"She's ready when you are," he yelled.

Jaken waited for the woman to take a fighting stance, but she continued to stand with her head bowed and her hands at her side. Jaken smiled and raised his staff.

"Ha! Puny human! Prepare to be burnt alive in the fire of my Staff of Two Heads!" he yelled. He stamped the staff on the ground and a massive flame flew from the mouth of the old man. After letting the flame engulf the woman for a few seconds, Jaken released it and laughed when all that remained in front of him was charred dirt.

"Ha! See my Lord! That woman was nothing to-," Jaken was shocked into silence when the woman appeared behind him, grabbed his staff, and brought it down sharply on his skull. Once he was on the ground she pinned him with his own weapon and drew out a small blade from her shirt. The fox demon ran forward and grabbed her wrist, ordering her to stop. She immediately withdrew and handed over the knife. The fox demon laughed nervously as he walked to Sesshomaru.

"Sorry about that. I don't know where she got the knife. But I told you she wouldn't lose."

Sesshomaru ignored the fox demon and continued to stare at the woman. She looked like an ordinary human, but she moved so quickly Jaken hadn't even seen her move. Without looking away from her, he asked the fox what her price was.

"I'll make you a deal. I'll give her to you for ¥100,000 if you take her here and now."

Sesshomaru frowned. Someone with her skills should have been worth much more. His brows furrowed and he turned to glare at the seller.

"Are you trying to sell me damaged goods?"

The fox threw his hands up and put on a sly smile. "No, no, no! I've just had her a while. And to be honest, she scares most of the customers because of her abilities.”

Sesshomaru quirked an eyebrow at the strange remark.

The fox demon laughed nervously and then leaned in close. “Let’s just say I wasn’t always quick enough to rescue the person she was fighting. I just want her off my block."

Sesshomaru looked at the toad demon who was still unconscious in the dirt. "I will take her," he said.

The fox smiled and ran over to his booth. He came back with a sword and a few scrolls and handed everything to the woman before dragging her to her new master.

"She comes with a little bit of history, but it should only take a minute."

Sesshomaru eyed the fox curiously before nodding for him to continue.

"Her name is Sayu, no known last name. She has no memory of her past. Just woke up one day and learned how to fight. She's a little different from the other slaves. The shackles around her wrists have some sort of magical properties. They bind her to her new master and she isn't allowed to disobey any order given by the person she is bound to. If she does disobey, she gets punished. Makes for easy training if you ask me," the fox chuckled at his joke but quieted when he saw Sesshomaru wasn't laughing. He cleared his throat and grabbed Sayu's wrist.

"All right, do your thing. And be quick about it!" he yelled at her.

Sesshomaru watched as she dropped to her knees and pressed her face into the dirt. He was surprised to see that she bowed with more grace than most of the demon women in court. It was when she sat up and moved to grab Sesshomaru's hand that he growled and stepped away.

"Easy, it's part of the bonding process. It only takes a second," the fox said.

Sesshomaru glared at him before allowing her to take his hand. She pressed her forehead to his palm and Sesshomaru was surprised to see the shackles glow a soft blue. A tingling sensation ran from her forehead into his arm, and through his whole body. He felt her invade him and tried to pull away, but the sensation was gone as quickly as it had come. The metal around her wrists faded to black and she dropped her face back to the ground.

The fox demon smiled at them and clapped his hands together. "That's it! She is now completely bound to you. Now about your payment?"

Sesshomaru held out a red, silk pouch and dropped it into the fox demon's greedy hands. He glanced at the woman at his feet before moving toward Jaken. "Come," he said, and both Jaken and Sayu got up to follow him.

"Lord Sesshomaru, surely you wouldn't let such a dangerous human around the castle! She was going to kill me!" Jaken shrieked.

Sesshomaru gave the little imp an icy glare that effectively shut him up. He inhaled deeply and scrunched his nose. "Human," he said with a hint of disgust, "do not follow so closely. Your stench is making me ill."

Sayu tucked her chin to her chest and slowed her pace. She decided the first thing she would do if her master allowed it was to take a bath. He was right, she smelled worse than some of the hogs at the market.