InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Little White Lie ❯ Little White Lie ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. I just enjoy making them play with each other.
 
For the MediaMiner.org February Drabble Contest
Drabbles must be either 100 or 200 words exactly.
The Story Type must be "Vignette"
The theme for the contest is "Confession"
Word Count: 200
 
Little White Lie
 
“I can't do this.”
 
“You… you… you've changed your mind?” Sango's voice started to break.
 
Miroku shook his head. “I can't carry on this facade any longer. I'm so sorry, Sango.”
 
The youkai slayer pulled her yukata back up around her shoulders and hugged herself. She was fighting to hold back the tears. “You don't want me to be your wife anymore. It's my scar, isn't it? I'm not beautiful enough for you.”
 
The monk's mouth dropped open in protest, “No, that's not what I meant!” He hung his head and looked contrite. “I'm not nearly as experienced as I have pretended to be. I know you think that I've been with many women, but it's not nearly the number you thought. I'm afraid you'll be disappointed if I'm not as good a lover as you were expecting.”
 
Sango sighed in relief. “I was worried that I wouldn't be able to please you, and about how I compared to other girls you had been with. I… I… Thank you. It makes me feel a little better… Maybe we can learn together?”
 
Miroku smiled and pulled his wife into his arms. So what if his “confession” was a little white lie?