InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die (Part 3): Learning To Deal ❯ The More Things Change... ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi and Sunrise. Any original characters do belong to me.
 
And a huge thank you to inufan625 for acting as beta for this piece. I greatly appreciate it.
 
 
This is a continuation (part three) of Live and Let Die.
If you would like to read it from the very beginning (recommended), you will find Live and Let Die at
http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php/116303/ .
 
Part 2, Live and Let Die: Awakenings can be found at
http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php/118908/1 .
 
 
 
Live and Let Die: Learning to Deal
 
 
Chapter 1: The More Things Change… (Warning: Chapter contains Lemon)
 
 
InuYasha did not know how much longer he could take it or hold his temper. Ever since they had returned from the past Kagome's grandfather had been after him. In spite of the demonstration of her heightened powers to him and her mother, the old man kept asking things like, “Why did you not wait?” “Did you have to do it now?” “Could you not have waited until she finished school?” It was really starting to wear on the hanyou's nerves. Grandpa also found some more ofuda to slap on InuYasha, but they had the same effect that they did when the couple had first returned - the sutra blew up in a puff of smoke and turned to dust the minute they made contact with InuYasha's body.
 
Mama and Kagome kept trying to reassure the hanyou that everything was all right, and that her grandfather was just being ornery. Finally though, the morning after her test, which had been the reason they were stuck here for now, InuYasha finally snapped.
 
“It's not like we had any choice, you know!!” he yelled in the old man's face at the breakfast table.
 
Kagome took one look at him and her eyes opened wide. The tears started to pour as she fled from the house in her stocking feet, blindly running across the shrine grounds.
 
“Fuck!” InuYasha exclaimed as he took off after her. He panicked as soon as he cleared the doorway and saw the direction his mate was headed.
 
The hanyou was a blur as he raced to get ahead of her and caught her as her foot stepped into nothing but air as she ran past the top of the long staircase that led from the shrine to the street below. Gathering her into his arms, InuYasha headed to the Goshinboku and jumped up to his favorite branch.
 
InuYasha did not say anything as Kagome pounded on his chest. The only things he could make out that she was crying through her tears were, “Why?” and “I thought you loved me.”
 
As the hanyou held his mate close, he wished that they knew how to make the telepathic contact at will that they had made on their last trip by accident. His brother was coming to the village to work with them to gain control of the new ability they had discovered. However, InuYasha wished he knew how to now because he thought that by now his mate understood that what came out of his mouth often was not what he meant. So he held onto her and let her beat his chest with her fists while she cried herself out. He refused to let her go until they came to an understanding. Yes, he had lost his temper, and it was up to him to make it right. InuYasha couldn't blame anyone but himself for what he had said.
 
Kagome tears had started to lessen, but she was trying to draw away from him by curling up into a ball in his lap. InuYasha had pulled her close to him and started a soothing growl in his chest that he hoped would comfort her as he gently rocked her. He kissed her on top of her head and held her until she finally started to loosen back up a little.
 
“I'm sorry, Kagome. I thought you knew me well enough by now to know that things don't usually come out the way I meant them to. I do love you, and I want you as my mate. You are the only one I have ever wanted as my mate. I don't just love you, I trust you. Please Kagome, don't cry any more,” the hanyou said softly as he continued to rock the miko in his arms.
 
Kagome started to uncurl herself a little from the tight ball in his lap. “Then why did you say we didn't have a choice?”
 
“Fuck, Kagome. It seems like the old man has been after me every minute of nearly every day since we returned. He keeps asking why I took you as my mate, why couldn't I have waited. He just doesn't stop. I didn't mean that I don't want you; I was trying to tell him that we really did not have a choice about when. We've never told him that our souls were already bonded together and that was what I was attempting to tell him. I think your mother understands even if he doesn't. She told me that we needed to sit down with him and tell him everything. I…I…well it just didn't come out right.” InuYasha sighed.
 
Kagome wrapped her arms around his body as she snuggled against his chest. “I'm sorry, InuYasha. I should have given you the chance to explain before I ran off.”
 
“You really scared me when I saw you running towards that staircase. You could have really been hurt,” the hanyou said softly.
 
Kagome snuggled a little closer. “Thanks for catching me. Should we go back in and try to explain?”
 
“In a minute. I just want to hold you right now,” InuYasha responded.
 
“InuYasha?”
 
“Hum?”
 
“Are you ready to go back? To your era, I mean?” the miko asked.
 
The hanyou sighed. “I would be, but the new moon is in two nights. I was hoping to wait until that was past. But if the old man keeps after me…”
 
“I'm sorry, InuYasha. But on the bright side, Souta is thrilled he can consider you as his brother-in-law now. You are his hero, you know.”
 
InuYasha blushed. “Feh.”
 
“InuYasha?”
 
The hanyou looked quizzically at his mate. She wrapped her hands in his hair and pulled his face to hers in a kiss. It was slow and passionate, tongues dueling to gain entrance to the other's mouth. When they finally had to pull apart for air, InuYasha pressed his forehead against hers while they panted lightly.
 
“InuYasha? Do you want to go back for a little while and check on the others and to see if your brother has arrived yet? We can make up some excuse as to why we need to come back for a couple more days. The others will understand once they figure out when the moonless night is. Maybe we can find some time to ourselves while we are there. You know, some place where the others won't hear us…” Kagome blushed as she made her suggestion.
 
InuYasha kissed her gently. “Sounds like a plan. Let's go try to explain this to the old man first, though.”
 
“Alright,” the miko responded.
 
InuYasha gathered her back up in his arms and jumped lightly down from the tree. Since Kagome had run out of the house in her socks, he carried her back in. When they reached the kitchen, they noticed that Souta was gone. He was probably on his way to school by now.
 
InuYasha set his mate down and she said, “We have some things we think we need to explain to you. You don't know the whole story, and it is time that you do.” Kagome looked at her mother. “Mama, could we have some more tea, please? This may take a little while.”
 
The four of them sat around the kitchen table as Kagome and InuYasha explained everything they could to her grandfather about how their souls had been bound together without them even realizing it. Kagome also told him that there were demons that would grab her and claim her as their own if given the chance, which would probably lead to her demise as well as InuYasha's. A pot and a half of tea later, both the hanyou and miko were blushing furiously, but had answered all of his questions that they could.
 
“So when you said you did not have a choice, you really meant it,” her grandfather finally said thoughtfully.
 
“Jii-chan, InuYasha really loves me, and we would most likely have eventually gotten over our stubbornness and realized how we really felt about each other. And yes, we probably would have tried to wait until the jewel was complete because we had no way of knowing what the outcome of our union would be. But as it is, I am glad this happened. We are both stronger because of it and united in ways we never dreamed of. We have to go back in a couple of days to start working to gain control of some of the abilities we have discovered. For instance, we both have been able to create a barrier, but do not know how we did it. Miroku and Kaede are going to help to see if they can teach us to control it.”
 
Her grandfather looked at the two of them. “You mean you both could create a barrier? How could InuYasha?”
 
“Keh. We don't know, and I've only done it once. That's part of what we have to figure out,” the hanyou replied.
 
While the couple had told them of most of the abilities they had discovered so far, the one thing they had left out was the telepathic connection. They were afraid it might be a bit much for Mama and the old man to digest.
 
Her grandfather's next question startled them. “Is it true that demons mark their mates?”
 
Both blushed, but InuYasha answered, “Yeah, it's true. We marked each other.”
 
“May I see?” he asked.
 
InuYasha held his left forearm out to him. “This is the mark that Kagome placed on me.”
 
“Hummm. The Kanji for `Forever,' `Friend,' and `Lover.' Kagome, how did he mark you?” her grandfather asked.
 
“I bear the mark of his family, which is the crescent moon, and the Kanji for `Savior,' `Love,' and `Home,'” Kagome said, as she blushed deeper.
 
“Where are they?” Jii-chan asked. Kagome had not volunteered to show him as InuYasha had.
 
“On my shoulder,” she answered.
 
“How did they get there?” her grandfather pressed.
 
Kagome jumped up and grabbed InuYasha by the hand, “I'll let Mama explain. We're going upstairs to change and go back to check on the others.”
 
They were running up the stairs when they heard, “WHAAAAT?”
 
Kagome ran into her room and closed the door. “I don't believe it. I think Mama actually told him.”
 
InuYasha pulled her to him and kissed her. When he turned her loose he said with a smirk, “Well, if she did then he knows what we've been doing. No need to hide any more.”
 
“InuYasha!” Kagome said in a tone that made him very glad he no longer had the prayer beads.
 
The hanyou pulled her closer and whispered, “Just kidding. But you are more fun when you make a lot of noise.”
 
Kagome blushed the color of his firerat and slapped him in the chest. “Why, you…”
 
InuYasha effectively shushed her by kissing her again.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Somewhere quite some distance away in his hiding place, a Saimyoushou was reporting to its master what it had witnessed.
 
“Ku Ku Ku. So, the miko and InuYasha were fucking like two animals in the forest, were they?” Naraku tossed the considerable hunk of the Shikon no Tama that he possessed before catching it and rolling it between his fingers. “Well, this could certainly make things interesting. If Kikyou's powers started to fade because she became infatuated with the hanyou, I cannot imagine what it would do to a miko that is fucking one. So Kagome gave up her purity to lust and became the whore of a half-demon. I wonder if Sesshomaru knows? He will probably kill them both before they further taint his bloodline with human blood and that is only if Kikyou does not get to them first. And then there is the ookami prince. He was always proclaiming his love for the miko. Maybe I will wait a little longer and see what happens. Who will come to kill you, InuYasha? Your rival in love? Your very own brother? Or your jilted lover? Oh, the possibilities...”
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
InuYasha was dressed in his firerat with Tessaiga at his hip. Kagome had dressed in a t-shirt and sweats for the brief trip back. Fortunately, she kept a pair of sneakers in her room for any escapes made through her window. After InuYasha had peered out to make certain that her grandfather was not in sight, he picked up Kagome and jumped out of the window and dashed across the grounds to the well house. They quickly went in and shut the door behind them.
 
“Thanks, InuYasha. I wasn't ready to see him again just yet after what Mama must have told him,” Kagome said to her hanyou.
 
InuYasha commented, “You would think at his age he'd know what being mates meant.”
 
“I'm sure he does, he just doesn't want to think about his only granddaughter doing those kinds of things,” Kagome said slyly.
 
InuYasha was getting hard just thinking about it. “Come on, we'd better go before I take you right here.”
 
“I thought you wanted to wait until I could make some noise,” Kagome said breathily in his ear.
 
The hanyou responded by swooping her up in front of him and jumping into the well. When he landed, instead of jumping back out again he stood his mate on her feet and pinned her to the wall, kissing her roughly while his hand slipped inside of her sweats to fondle her. Kagome wrapped one leg around his thigh while she leaned back against the well wall and reached up with one hand to tackle an ear. They were tangled together with InuYasha fervently rubbing her clit and pearl; Kagome could feel the knot in her belly tightening up when they heard, “They're here! I can feel them.”
 
“Fuck!” InuYasha exclaimed softly. “Remind me not to thank the old bat for helping Shippou learn to reach out so far.”
 
He pulled his hand back out of her pants and sucked the juices off of his fingers. Kagome was flushed and panting. She had been so close…
 
“What are you two doing down there? Why don't you come out?” they heard the kitsune call.
 
“We were discussing the best way to kill you for interrupting us,” InuYasha called back up.
 
Kagome blushed, but for once didn't admonish him.
 
“Well, we know you are there, so you might as well come out.” This time it was the monk's voice. They looked up to see him peering down at them.
 
InuYasha jumped out of the well and stood Kagome on her feet. “Yeah, we're here. We came back long enough to check on you guys and see if Sesshomaru is here yet.”
 
Shippou ran to Kagome and she held her arms out for him to jump. He squeaked when she squeezed him tight before she set him back down.
 
Sango was nearby and was also somewhat flushed. InuYasha leaned over and whispered in his mate's ear, “I don't think we were the only ones interrupted.”
 
Kagome looked towards her friend. When she caught her eye, Sango looked at the ground and blushed a little deeper. Kagome just smiled. Maybe Sango would lay off of her if she was getting some attention of her own.
 
“Well, come on. Didn't you want to see Kaede?” InuYasha broke the silence.
 
Kagome nodded. “I don't feel your brother in the area yet.”
 
Shippou spoke up, though his voice quivered. “Lord…Lord Sesshomaru isn't here yet. Even before I started practicing, I…I could pick his aura up because it is so strong.”
 
“Let's go see Kaede, then.” InuYasha bent down for Kagome to hop on his back. He had a hard time keeping his hands where they belonged. He wanted to rip right through her sweatpants and finish what he had started.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Lord Sesshomaru was headed towards the village that his brother and his mate called home with Jaken along with Rin and Ah-Un following behind him. He was thinking about the information, or lack thereof, regarding Naraku. It seemed like the dark hanyou had just vanished from the face of the earth again. The Taiyoukai had to give him credit for one thing - he knew how to hide better than any other single being he had ever come across.
 
Sesshomaru was also thinking about the best way to approach training with his brother and the miko. He wasn't as concerned about InuYasha for two reasons: One, when he had attempted to make contact with him before, the Demon Lord felt like InuYasha had slammed him against a wall without even realizing it. Two, as the bear Myoujou had stated, InuYasha had seen a great deal of violence and pain in his life, and he was tough.
 
On the other hand, the little miko was a completely different matter. She was extremely kind-hearted, almost too much so for her own good. Also, she always seemed to want to believe in the best in others. Unfortunately, it might take a hard lesson to show her what someone could be capable of if she gave them access and did not shut them out if needed. Sesshomaru silently sighed. For not wanting to be involved in the matters of mortals, he sure seemed to be helping them a lot lately.
 
He heard a squawk behind him but did not need to turn around to know what had probably happened. Rin had been running circles around Jaken as they walked along the road. The overly energetic girl had probably gotten too close and tripped him, again. Eventually she would run out of energy and climb up on the back of Ah-Un to take a nap and then awaken to start the cycle all over again. Sesshomaru just shook his head when he heard Jaken squawk again and continued his steady pace towards InuYasha's forest.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Sango and Kagome were in the lead, with Shippou in the miko's arms as they walked along the path that led to Kaede's hut. Miroku was being a good boy and looking at the ground as he walked rather than the pair of feminine hips swaying in front of him. The monk noticed that InuYasha was slowing down and letting the girls draw further ahead.
 
Realizing that the hanyou probably wanted to speak to him, Miroku decided to break the ice. “I honestly don't know how you managed to keep from killing Shippou. He has the worst timing.”
 
“I gather we aren't the only ones that he has interrupted,” InuYasha commented dryly.
 
“I…I have been trying to do right by Sango. I have been trying to keep my hand in check and not to flirt with the other girls in the village. All I want is to try and spend a little quality time with her, but Shippou…”
 
“Can't keep his nose to himself?”
 
“Yeah. Why does he keep butting in?” Miroku asked. “I went to the trouble to set up a nice dinner for just the two of us, and he jumped right in the middle of it.”
 
“He's probably afraid of being left out again. I'll try to talk to him. If he can't follow instructions, he'll just get left behind on the next trip,” InuYasha stated.
 
“It was kind of nice not having him along last time,” the monk said. “Though I think he wore Kaede out and she is eager for him to go with us again.”
 
“We'll have to see. It's partly up to Kagome since she determined his punishment. But if he tries to come between us again, I might kill him myself.”
 
“InuYasha, was there something you wanted to speak to me about?” Miroku asked hesitantly.
 
“I just noticed that you and Sango smell more like each other, even if you haven't done that yet. Just remember she is fertile the days around the full moon. Be careful. It is your responsibility,” the hanyou told him.
 
“I'll remember. Truthfully, we were almost back to where we started after my last, well, um, indiscretions. I've had to start all over again,” the monk commented. “InuYasha, don't take this the wrong way, but you certainly have matured. You are a much different man than you were when we first met.”
 
“Keh. I have a mate now, not to mention you lot to look after. Don't make too much out of it.” InuYasha blushed at the compliment.
 
Miroku decided to change the subject since they were almost to the hut. “So are you and Kagome going to be ready to start working with us?”
 
InuYasha pulled the mat that covered the door aside as they entered. The others were already sitting around the fire pit.
 
“We'll be ready in a few days. We just came back to check on you guys today,” Kagome responded since she heard Miroku's question as they entered the hut.
 
InuYasha sat next to his mate as she continued, “Miroku, Kaede, is there anything we need to do to prepare before we come back?”
 
“Aye, child. Practice your meditation, the two of you together. Work to filter out all outside distractions and concentrate on your own aura. There should be a center, somewhere in your body, where your power is strongest. Work to find that point so that you can use it to focus and draw upon it,” Kaede answered her.
 
“Alright, Kaede, we will. Now, what's been going on while I've been studying for my test?” Kagome asked.
 
The others launched into detail what had happened the last week or so while Kagome and InuYasha had been on her side of the well. Kagome did not miss the blush that continued to trace across the demon slayer's cheeks as she watched the monk talk. Though there was still no news of Naraku, they seemed to have plenty to talk about.
 
Finally, InuYasha rose to his feet. “It's time for us to leave. We'll be back after the moonless night.”
 
“Do you want us to walk you to the well?” Sango asked.
 
“No, that's alright. Your dinner is almost ready so you stay here. We will be back in three days,” Kagome told them.
 
After the chorus of good-byes was over, InuYasha hoisted Kagome on his back and headed for the well.
 
When the hanyou reached the edge of his forest, instead of continuing to the well, he took off in a different direction altogether. He didn't stop until he came to the hot spring he used from time to time that was a considerable distance from the village.
 
Kagome asked playfully as he stood her on her feet, “Not ready to go home yet?”
 
“Out here I can make you scream,” the hanyou replied huskily before he thrust his tongue into her mouth.
 
Wanting to finish what he started, he wrapped his left arm around Kagome and spread his hand across the small of her back to support her while he thrust his right into her sweats. As his fingers pried apart her folds to dip into her before circling her nub and clit, she raised her right leg to wrap around his thigh, but otherwise fell back with her eyes closed, trusting the hanyou not to drop her.
 
In her relaxed state, it did not take long before the miko was panting and gasping. InuYasha was fervently rubbing her pearl with his hand while nipping up and down her throat before he reached over to capture his mate's lips with his own. Kagome cried into his mouth as her body started to buck uncontrollably into his hand. He freed her lips from his own so she could scream his name to the setting sun.
 
As he slowed down his ministrations, he reached over to kiss her again. When Kagome finally opened her eyes as they parted for air, she looked to see her hanyou grinning at her.
 
“What?” she asked, seeing the glint in his eyes.
 
“I told you it's more fun when you scream,” InuYasha whispered hoarsely to her.
 
“It's better when we scream together,” the miko responded as she started to tug at his clothing but stopped long enough for him to pull her shirt over her head.
 
It didn't take but a minute before all of their clothing was in a heap on the ground. Kagome dropped to her hands and knees and waited for her mate to sheath himself inside of her. He thrust himself so that he was buried to the hilt, but then held still. Instead, InuYasha started running his hands all over her soft flesh, reaching around to knead her breasts while he nipped and kissed up and down her spine. The hanyou chuckled when his mate in frustration started to rock back into him, establishing a rhythm of her own to try and get him going.
 
He finally relented to his mate's whimpers of frustration and pulled himself out slowly before slamming back into her again, earning an “oomph” as he hit her cervix.
 
“Again,” she begged as he slowly drew back out.
 
InuYasha complied and started to pound into his mate, over and over and over again. Her cries and moans were indecipherable, other than to relay she was experiencing a great deal of pleasure. The hanyou kept up his rhythm as he pulled her body upwards and started to rub her breast with one hand as he reached around and rubbed her nub with the other. As he felt her body start to coil around his incessant thrusts, he tackled her mark by licking and sucking on it.
 
Kagome was completely overwhelmed by the sensations flooding throughout her. InuYasha had managed to ignite every fiber of her body on fire. She screamed his name to the forest as a massive orgasm begin to rocket through her, and her channel begin to ripple around him, trying to milk him of his seed. Her brain was flooded too much by pleasure to really think; it was almost on instinct that she grabbed his forearm and pulled it to her mouth, biting down again on the mark she had placed on him.
 
InuYasha felt like a jolt of electricity had been sent through him when Kagome bit down on his forearm before sucking heavily on it. He roared as he exploded to fill his mate before all of the juices started to pour back out due to the force with which they had been expelled. Neither wanting to let go, they fell over on their sides, still joined and spooned together with InuYasha lapping at his mark on her shoulder while she did the same to his forearm. The sensations kept him hard and twitching inside of her as he humped her, unable to stop himself. When Kagome finally felt like she could take no more, she stopped her feverish attentions to his mark, and the hanyou kissed her shoulder while he did the same. Exhausted and covered in a fine sheen of sweat, they lay together as their heartbeats returned to normal and their bodies tried to adjust from the overload of pleasurable sensations each had felt.
 
InuYasha had both of his hands now wrapped around Kagome's waist with one hand up high enough to cup her breast and rub it with his thumb as he held her to him. She snuggled back against him and wrapped her arms around his. When she had finally caught her breath and thought she could speak again, she said rather hoarsely, “Wow.”
 
The hanyou kissed her shoulder again, but this time staying clear of her mark so her body could relax. “Does that mean you enjoyed it?” he asked with a smirk.
 
“Not any more than you did,” the miko responded.
 
“So you enjoyed it a lot,” InuYasha whispered in her ear.
 
“Yeah,” Kagome said simply.
 
 
 
Shippou was restless and decided to practice his tracking. Even though InuYasha and Kagome had headed in a direction he knew like the back of his own hand, he thought it would be good practice. It was a good thing he did know which way they headed when they left because InuYasha's stride got longer as he ran with Kagome on his back. However, it seemed to abruptly turn in the direction of the forest before they had reached the well. Wondering what the couple was up to when they had said they were going back home, the kit started to track them through the wood. It was probably fortunate for him that InuYasha had taken to the treetops at some point and became almost impossible to follow. Puzzled by their actions, Shippou headed back in the direction of the well. He would wait for a while before he went back to tell the others that InuYasha and Kagome had not gone to her home.
 
 
 
Sesshomaru had arrived with Rin, Jaken, and Ah-Un in the area before the sun had sunk past the horizon. Giving orders to the three to wait near the river in the same area they had stayed before, the Demon Lord headed in the direction of the well to see if there was any sign of his brother and the miko.
 
“Come out, kitsune. This Sesshomaru knows you are there,” the Taiyoukai commanded.
 
Shippou had hidden behind the far side of the well when he felt Sesshomaru approach. Quivering, with his hands clamped around his butt, he shakily stood from his hiding place. He tried to speak but he was so scared all that came out was a frightened squeak.
 
Sesshomaru elegantly raised one eyebrow as he looked at the terrified kitsune. “Have you seen the half-breed and Miko?” He could tell they had been here because their scent was still fresh.
 
Shippou nodded. He finally got up the courage to say, “They…they came…to…to visit, but were supposed to go back home. I don't understand…they started to go back, but then went that way.” Shippou pointed in the direction where he had lost their trail.
 
“Hn.” Without another word, Sesshomaru headed along the route that Shippou had indicated.
 
 
 
Kagome and InuYasha lay spooned together for an indeterminate amount of time. Every time he would start to slide out of her, Kagome would suckle at his mark and make him hard all over again. Finally he asked her, “Aren't you going to be sore if we keep this up?”
 
The miko actually giggled as she released his forearm. “Yeah, you're right. I want to be ready to take you on again on the moonless night. You can turn even more interesting colors when you're human, not to mention the funny little sounds that you make.”
 
“Feh.”
 
“Well come on, let's go sit in the hot spring for a little while. That is the reason you brought me out here, isn't it?” Kagome questioned her mate.
 
“One of them.”
 
InuYasha unraveled himself from his lover and picked her up, carrying her into the water. The hanyou should not have been surprised when she turned around to straddle him as he sat down in the water with her in his lap. Wrapping her hands in his mane, she pulled his mouth to hers for a kiss, though this one was gentle and consuming. They finally had to pull apart for air, resting their foreheads against each other as they breathed in each other's essence. The pair then settled into the warm water, just enjoying each other's company.
 
“InuYasha?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Thanks for bringing me out here. I really needed some quality time with you alone,” Kagome said softly.
 
“Me too,” the hanyou responded. “I wonder how he manages to do it?”
 
“Who does what?” Kagome asked, but then said, “Oh. Your brother is here.”
 
“He has the worst timing. Well, at least we're just soaking in the hot water now,” InuYasha commented before he called, “Oi, we know you're there.”
 
Sesshomaru glided out from the cover of the trees. Kagome would have sworn he was shaking his head, though the motion was barely discernable.
 
“We were wondering when you would arrive,” Kagome said as the Demon Lord approached them.
 
“This Sesshomaru sees that some things have not changed. Are you ready to begin your lessons?”
 
InuYasha chuckled. “Not without any clothes on. Besides, I promised Kagome's mother I would have her back in time for dinner. We'll have to head back shortly. We told the others we were going home but came out here instead. How did you know where to find us?”
 
“This Sesshomaru went first to the well and discovered the kit there. He pointed the direction you were traveling which he tracked until he lost your scent. Unlike him, the Sesshomaru was not bound to the forest floor to follow you.”
 
“So the runt tried to follow us. I'm glad I was in too much of a hurry to stay on the ground,” the hanyou commented. “Almost no one knows of this hot spring. I would kind of like to keep it that way.”
 
“This Sesshomaru has no need to share the information.”
 
“Um, Lord Sesshomaru? I'm starting to prune. Would you mind turning around while I get out and get dressed?” Kagome asked.
 
“Hn.” The Demon Lord responded as he turned his back to the couple.
 
Sesshomaru remained facing away as he heard both of them splash out of the water and then pull on their clothes. Once they had cleared the water, he could tell that the miko was once again full of his brother. At least they had washed the smell of sweat away even if that of sex remained.
 
“Alright, we'd better head back. Mama will have supper waiting on us,” Kagome stated.
 
InuYasha pulled his mate on to his back and took off at an easy run, though he decided to jump up and go through the treetops again so that Shippou wouldn't be able to back track them if he had a mind to. Jumping down about where he had left the ground originally, the hanyou arrived at the well to discover that Shippou was still there.
 
“Oi, runt, what are you doing out here?” InuYasha questioned the kitsune.
 
“What do you mean? What are you doing here? You were supposed to go home with Kagome,” Shippou stated.
 
“Shippou, we needed some time to be together, that's all,” Kagome said gently.
 
One glare from the Taiyoukai that had landed next to his brother effectively silenced the kit.
 
“Half-breed, you still have not answered my question. Will you be ready to start tomorrow? You should be well rested before we begin.”
 
“Um…we promised my mother we would help her tomorrow and the next day. We were planning to come back the day after,” Kagome said nervously.
 
“Yeah! After the new moon when InuYasha turns mortal!” Shippou spouted before clamping his hands over his mouth when he realized what he had said. And then he ran for Kaede's hut as fast as his legs would carry him.
 
Sesshomaru just cocked an eyebrow in response and looked at his brother.
 
InuYasha sighed in defeat. “Yeah, it's true.”
 
“This Sesshomaru already knows, Little Brother.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“He probably figured it out because your youkai is at its strongest the night of the full moon,” Kagome commented softly.
 
“No. This Sesshomaru knew before then.”
 
“When?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Do you remember when your sword was broken and had to be repaired?” Sesshomaru questioned.
 
“How could I ever forget that?” InuYasha stated.
 
“You were mortal as you waited for Totosai to return with your sword. This Sesshomaru was in the area looking for Kaijinbou to retrieve Tokijin from him. This Sesshomaru was surprised to see you in the open in your mortal form. You even tried to take on Kaijinbou when he attacked, possessed by the sword he had forged on my commission. This Sesshomaru saw no need to interfere.”
 
“You could have killed him easily as a mortal,” Kagome whispered.
 
“This Sesshomaru told you once before, it would be pointless to kill him when he is not himself. In his bloodlust, InuYasha did not recognize friend or foe. As a mortal, he was not a worthy opponent, even if he was still foolish enough to try and fight. Also, this Sesshomaru wanted to test a theory regarding the change in the scent of his blood, and the half-breed would be required to be alive in order to do that.”
 
“Well, since you know, you can understand why we will return in three days. It's safer in my time, plus I have plans for that night,” Kagome said with a wink towards her mate.
 
InuYasha blushed. “Keh.”
 
“This Sesshomaru will be waiting.”
 
To be continued…
 
 
* * ^~^ * *
 
For up-to-date information regarding my fanfiction, please check out my LiveJournal account at http://doggieearlover.livejournal.com/.
 
If you want to be notified anytime a new chapter or fic is posted, feel free to sign up for my new mailing list.
That way, you will receive notification even if the MM system is down. You can subscribe at
http://doggieearlover.livejournal.com/12385.html .
 
If you receive an email asking you to verify your subscription, please respond in order to
make certain that you are included in any notices. You can also unsubscribe at any time.