InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die (Part 3): Learning To Deal ❯ I Spy ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. Any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Thanks much for the reviews left so far. I read each and every one of them, and greatly appreciate the time you took to leave one.
 
 
Live and Let Die: Learning to Deal
 
 
Chapter 11: I Spy (Warning: Lemon in chapter)
 
Sesshomaru had returned to the ancient tree after he heard what he wanted to from the undead miko. Even though she was the walking dead, she still seemed to have some sense of honor about her. Therefore, when she said that she would not cause problems for the half-breed and his mate, Sesshomaru had taken his leave. Feeling somewhat uneasy with everything that had recently taken place, the Demon Lord decided to peruse the forest and area surrounding the village to make certain that there were no unwanted intruders.
 
As he walked, he considered the reasons why Keikaiyari would have been in this area at all. The only explanation was that Naraku had somehow convinced him to come. While he was fairly certain that the evil hanyou would not have paid him, he certainly would have offered a trade of some kind. Or, under the guises of a gift, Naraku could have just told the tiger youkai enough to send him this way. When he had offered Sesshomaru the human arm and jewel shard, he had said it was for no other reason than to rid him of his annoying half-breed half brother. At the time, eager to wield Tessaiga that had rejected him, Sesshomaru had accepted, no questions asked. In return, the arm nearly ate into his body after InuYasha had managed to tear part of it off when retrieving his sword.
 
So, it was likely that Naraku had promised something of great value to Keikaiyari in order for him to travel this far. Since the tiger had gone straight after Kagome, the jewel shards she carried were obviously part of the lure. But what else? Sesshomaru stopped as anger actually coursed through him. He had heard the rumors, but had never paid them much heed. Keikaiyari had bragged that he would rule an entire kingdom some day. Was that what Naraku had promised him? His own kingdom? His own lands to rule?
 
The tiger youkai was renowned for his bragging and exploits, not just for his greed and murderous nature, but with women as well. He enjoyed literally fucking females to death. Human or youkai, it did not matter to him. He had wanted his own lands to run so that he would have an endless supply of females to torture, in addition to the wealth that would come with the land until he had squandered it all. What made Sesshomaru bristle with anger was the fact that, according to the wolf youkai, Naraku knew he was coming here. Did he also promise the murderous tiger the Western Lands if he got rid of its ruler? Was that what drove him to travel the long distance from the Northern Lands where he usually roamed to this place?
 
He wondered if Keikaiyari had said anything to the little miko or his brother before InuYasha finished him. The tiger youkai, who was once a silent assassin, had become renowned for informing his victims of who had hired him and sometimes why, just before he killed them. Most of his victims simply fell apart in his presence since Keikaiyari's reputation preceded him. Resuming his walk, the Demon Lord realized that all they could do was wait for some word about Kagome. Then maybe they would be able to find out more.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
They rode in silence back to the shrine, Souta in the front seat with Mama, and InuYasha and Kagome in the back. It was hard to tell which of the two were more agitated by Eri's actions. They had taken to rubbing each other's palms with their thumbs, first one, and then the other.
 
When they reached the shrine, Souta hopped out and opened the door for his sister. InuYasha came around and helped her exit the car. He would have carried her, but Kagome insisted that her legs were fine because only her arm was hurt. However, the miko was still weaker than she realized and when she stumbled InuYasha just swept her off of her feet and carried her anyway. Mama told him to go ahead and take her upstairs so that she could lie down for a while, and he gladly complied.
 
InuYasha still had not said a word since they left the hospital. He said more than he had intended to in the room and now wasn't sure exactly what he should do. He knew Kagome wanted to wait until she finished school to get married, but if that was what it took to make it clear to humans that they were together, he didn't want to. He never thought in his entire life he would be in the predicament he was currently in.
 
“InuYasha?” Kagome said softly, worried why he had not said anything.
 
The hanyou had plopped to the floor and was leaning against the wall by the bed. “Keh?” he responded.
 
“You know I'm not upset with you, don't you? Souta said you weren't happy about it when she did it, and I could tell when you came back something was bothering you. I'm mad at Eri because I thought she was my friend. What exactly did she say, anyway? I heard most of what you said at the hospital, but didn't completely understand you.”
 
InuYasha looked up at his mate; her eyes were shining with tears. He moved so he could take her hand between his before he said, “Are you sure you want to know?”
 
Kagome squeezed her eyes shut when she nodded, causing the tears to trail down her cheeks.
 
“She said she wanted to fuck my brains out,” InuYasha replied softly.
 
Kagome gasped. “That wasn't all, was it?” she prodded.
 
InuYasha looked at the floor, though he tightened the grip on her hand as he shook his head.
 
“Tell me InuYasha. I need to know,” the miko said.
 
“Kagome,” InuYasha started, but he couldn't repeat what he'd heard. Instead he asked, “What did she mean, I'm fair game until we're married? And why did she say you didn't have a ring on your finger?”
 
Kagome just sighed. She had waited so patiently for InuYasha to make a choice. She had never voiced her love for him to him when she thought he wanted Kikyou because it was considered just plain bad manners. And now, Eri apparently thought she could steal him from under her nose. She thought the girl had been raised with more tradition than that. Kagome finally said, “I don't know if Eri was referring to the engagement ring or a wedding band, but the ring on my finger is a visible sign I'm taken to other humans. They can't see my mark like youkai can sense it. But if she said she considers you fair game until we're married, then I guess she doesn't think anything is real unless it's official. The funny thing is, wedding bands and engagement rings are a western tradition, even if they have become popular here. Maybe trying to steal someone else's fiancé is a western tradition, too.”
 
“I'm sorry, Kagome,” InuYasha said as he reached up to wipe the tears from her cheeks. “This is my fault.”
 
“How is it your fault, InuYasha? I just don't get it. Eri used to try and get me to dump you, but now she wants you for herself?”
 
“You know I don't want anyone but you, don't you?” InuYasha asked.
 
Kagome pulled his hand to her lips and kissed it. “I know, InuYasha. I'm just tired and wrung out. Would you mind if I took a nap? Mama can make you some Ramen if you want.”
 
“Keh,” InuYasha said as he stood and leaned over to gently kiss her lips. He pulled the covers up over her before he left the bedroom, closing the door behind him.
 
 
InuYasha went downstairs to find Mama in the kitchen. He shouldn't have been surprised that she already had a bowl of Ramen ready and waiting for him. He ate in silence while Mama busied herself around the kitchen.
 
He kept glancing at her, wanting to ask more about the marriage ceremony, and the wedding bands she had mentioned to him before. And what he really wanted to know was if Kagome really had to wait until she was finished with school to go through the ceremony, considering they were already bonded to each other as mates. He had finished his Ramen and was thinking about going out and sitting in the tree for a while when Mama asked, “InuYasha, will you walk outside with me?”
 
The hanyou nodded and got up to put his bowl in the sink. Without a word, he followed her out to the bench under Goshinboku. They both sat, InuYasha with his hands folded into the sleeves of his haori.
 
“InuYasha,” Mama started. “Did you tell Kagome everything you overheard Eri say?”
 
He shook his head as he softly replied, “I just couldn't, even though she asked.”
 
“Will you tell me what she said? Why you were so upset at the hospital?”
 
InuYasha turned bright red as he looked away, but decided that Mama might know what to do. With a soft “keh,” he proceeded to tell her everything he overheard Eri say to Ayume.
 
“Oh, my,” Mama uttered when he was finished. “So that's why you want to go ahead and go through with the ceremony?”
 
“Keh. We're already mates, but humans can't tell. I know Kagome was planning on getting the engagement ring you talked about, but what if that ain't enough? Do we really have to wait to have the ceremony?”
 
“Well, it would make Jii-chan happy, but they would not be happy about it at school. They highly discourage students getting married. Though, technically, we couldn't really do it legally since we don't have any papers for you,” Mama said thoughtfully. “Would you have anything against Jii-chan performing the ceremony? We could do it here, and I don't know how he could say no since he keeps pushing for you two to be properly married.”
 
InuYasha perked up. “You think he would do it? Do you think Kagome would mind? We would have to wait until she was well again, but I have something I need to find out, anyway.”
 
“About what, InuYasha?”
 
“I…I … I had an idea for the wedding bands you told me about. I know you said we didn't have to exchange them, but what if I want to?”
 
“What kind of idea?”
 
“It…it's hard for me to explain. I need to go back to my era, though. I think it might work, but I don't know for sure if it is something that can be done, and I won't know if I don't ask,” InuYasha answered.
 
“Does it have anything to do with all of those diamonds you brought back?” Mama prodded gently.
 
InuYasha nearly gasped. “Where are they? I left them in your room when we took Kagome to the hos-pi-tal.”
 
“Don't worry, InuYasha, they are safe. I put them away when I returned home and found them. I didn't want to leave something like that lying around.”
 
The hanyou sighed in relief. While he could make more of the stones in the past, he would rather use what he had already found. And he knew that Kagome had some that she considered precious, too.
 
He also realized something else - the others would be waiting and worried about Kagome's fate.
 
“Thank…thank you. Please keep them until we need them. But I need to go to my era, at least for a little while. The others will be worried about Kagome. They saw me on the way here with her and know that she was hurt. I need to let them know that she will be all right. I don't want her to go back before she is healed. If she wakes up, will you tell her I'll be back?”
 
“Of course, InuYasha. You'll be in time for supper?” Mama asked.
 
“Keh. I'm only going back long enough to let them know what happened,” the hanyou replied. “How many days before she gets those things out of her arm?”
 
Mama chuckled. “You mean the stitches?”
 
“What they sewed her up with, those things,” InuYasha clarified.
 
“The doctor said at least seven days, but she is healing so fast it may not take that long. Still, you'd better tell them that just to be on the safe side. The cuts in her arm were quite deep,” Mama told him.
 
“Keh,” InuYasha said as he flattened his ears to his head. He still thought it was his fault, that he should have been able to protect her better.
 
“InuYasha?” Mama did not continue until she had eye contact again. “InuYasha, Kagome does not consider this your fault. You shouldn't, either.”
 
The hanyou sighed and responded, “She was hurt because of me.”
 
“No, she was hurt because someone wanted what she had. Now, go hurry along so you can be back for supper,” Mama concluded.
 
“Keh,” InuYasha said as he got up from the bench, and headed for the well.
 
 
InuYasha jumped in, and clutched his chest when he landed on the other side. He felt like a part of him had just been ripped out. Breathing deeply, he sat on the floor of the well and leaned back against the wood. What the fuck was wrong with him?
 
And then he realized that this was the first time they had been separated by time since they had fully mated. Pressing into the wood of the ancient well, he practically begged for it to give him some connection to Kagome, to her era, at least long enough for him to relay to the others what had happened to her. He knew in his heart that she was fine, she was asleep in her room and that her mother was there. Or was she? Had Kagome just awakened to find that it felt like her heart had been ripped out? Closing his eyes and breathing in long, slow even breaths like they did when they meditated together, InuYasha reached out, desperate to feel his mate's presence. He did not see the slight flash of blue as the well granted his wish, and the calm washed over him that let him know Kagome was safe. Rising to his feet, he jumped out of the well.
 
 
“InuYasha!!” Kagome screamed as she jolted awake. She knew something was wrong. Her heart was pounding and she couldn't catch her breath. “InuYashaaaa!” she cried again as her mother came running up the stairs and into her room.
 
“Kagome! What is it?” her mother asked worriedly.
 
“InuYasha! Where is he! Something's wrong!” Kagome said, now in tears.
 
“Kagome, honey. He's perfectly all right. He just went back to tell your friends you are okay. He knew they would be worried because they saw you before you came home,” Mama said as she hugged her.
 
“Are…are you sure?” Kagome asked.
 
“Yes, honey. He told me to let you know he would be back as soon as he saw the others. Why? What's wrong?”
 
“I…I…it's hard to explain. I just feel like someone tried to rip my heart out of my chest. It's still pounding,” the miko replied as she leaned into her mother's arms.
 
Kagome calmed down as her mother held her to her breast, and tried to reach out to InuYasha wherever he may be. She was rewarded as a sudden peace washed through her, and she could feel her mate's tie to her, thin though it was. She took a deep breath and released it, and opened her eyes. The peacefulness was still there.
 
“You're right, Mama. He is okay. It must be the well. This is the first time we have been separated by it since we were mated. We've been traveling together ever since. Somehow, it has allowed us to connect again. I hope he isn't gone for long, though. I don't think it's permanent.”
 
“He said he would only stay long enough to tell your friends. If you felt like this, then he probably did, too. I doubt he will stay one minute longer than he has too,” Mama said softly.
 
Kagome hugged her mother. “I'm sure you are right. I think I will go out by the tree, though. It might make me feel better.”
 
“All right, Kagome. Do you need any help?”
 
“Just help me straighten this thing out and get my belt tied. My arm is really sore,” she commented.
 
Mama helped her with the yukata and then went downstairs. Kagome went outside to wait for InuYasha to return. Somehow, she felt more comforted being near the great tree and ancient well.
 
 
 
Sesshomaru was still in InuYasha's forest when he felt his brother's return. He also felt the wave of sheer panic that accompanied his arrival. Wondering what had happened, he disappeared and materialized at the well just before InuYasha jumped out. However, the hanyou seemed somewhat calmer when he landed on the ground next to the well, though he promptly sat down and leaned back against it, maintaining contact with the wood. He had closed his eyes and was trying to keep the calmness that currently surrounded him in place. Puzzled, the Demon Lord waited patiently for his brother to acknowledge him.
 
 
 
As InuYasha landed on the ground outside the well, he realized any hopes he had of going to see Totosai while Kagome was recovering at home were gone. He stepped back and plopped to the ground so that he could lean back and maintain contact with the wooden frame. He quickly understood that there was no way he would be able to be separated like this from his mate for very long. He had been separated from her in her own time, when she was at school and taking tests and the like, so it had to be the well that made him feel like this. And it was the well that appeared to currently be allowing him to maintain a thread of contact with her. He felt his heart thump, almost as the well was agreeing with him.
 
“Oi, you're here,” InuYasha finally said as he opened his eyes to look at his brother.
 
“What is wrong with you, InuYasha? Is your mate well?” the Demon Lord asked.
 
“She's okay, but I'd rather only explain this once. The others are on the way,” the hanyou responded.
 
“Why did you panic when you returned?”
 
“You felt that?” InuYasha said softly.
 
“It would have been difficult not to. Something greatly upset you, though you seem to have regained control,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
“It is being separated from Kagome like this. Apparently traveling through the well is too much. I felt like my heart had been ripped from my chest,” the hanyou whispered.
 
“Like she had died?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“And now?”
 
“The well seems to be allowing a connection with her, as long as I stay here by it. I don't know how long it will last, though. I don't think I should stay very long.”
 
About that time Sango, Miroku, Shippou and old Kaede came up the trail. The old miko was huffing and puffing to keep up with the others. Rin and Kirara were following close behind.
 
“InuYasha! Where's Kagome! They won't tell me what happened!” Shippou whined.
 
“And what is wrong with you, InuYasha? Why do you cling to the well so?” Kaede asked with worry.
 
“Apparently since we are mates now, we can't be separated by the well. I'll have to go and stay until Kagome is ready to come back,” InuYasha told them honestly.
 
“How is she?” “Is she all right?” “Was she hurt badly?” “What happened?” they all asked at once.
 
“The demon that attacked us caught her off guard and sliced her arm. They have sewed it up and she isn't supposed to do anything for at least seven days. After that, if she is healed, we will return.”
 
“InuYasha, when you returned here with her, you were not yourself,” Kaede said. She didn't know a better way to put it.
 
InuYasha shook his head. “My youkai took over when I caught the scent of her blood. It drove me to protect her and to take her home when she asked.”
 
“And when you reached her home?” Miroku prodded.
 
“I recognized her mother and reverted back. We took her to the healers there to be cared for, and she is home now. She isn't supposed to do much for the next few days, though. They don't want her to re-open her wounds,” the hanyou replied.
 
InuYasha was busy trying to answer everyone's questions when a blur arrived, and snatched InuYasha up and threw him across the clearing. The hanyou screamed in agony when the tie to his mate was broken as he lost contact with the wall of the well.
 
Kouga was screaming, “I can't believe you dogshit! You let Kagome die, didn't you!”
 
Before the ookami prince was able to yell another word, he found himself hanging in the air in the claws of a furious Demon Lord. Sesshomaru had his hand gripped around the wolf's throat.
 
Miroku had dropped his staff and sprinted to InuYasha. The hanyou was huddled in a ball on the ground, clutching his chest, unable to move due to the pain searing through him. It was unlike anything he'd ever felt, including when his brother put his poison claws through his gut. Miroku threw him over his shoulder and scrambled back to the well. Not giving it a second thought, he hoisted him over the edge and dropped him, hoping he would land on his feet on the other side, hoping that going through the time slip would ease his pain.
 
 
“Wolf. Why did you attack the half-breed? No one has the right to kill him other than this Sesshomaru,” the Taiyoukai stated as he released a small amount of poison from his deadly claws.
 
“That piece of dogshit let Kagome die!! I swore I would kill him myself if he let anything happen to her,” Kouga yelled back.
 
“What? Sister is dead?” Ginta asked as his eyes welled up with tears. He and his pack mate had just arrived in the clearing.
 
“No, she can't be dead,” Hakkaku wailed.
 
“She is not. She is recovering from her injuries,” the Demon Lord told them. He still had not relaxed his grip.
 
Kouga's eyes grew big. “What do you mean? I felt the change in InuYasha's youki. She must be dead. Wait a minute, where did he go?”
 
Sango stepped forward. She really didn't want to see any more bloodshed if she could help it. At least not today. “Lord Sesshomaru, the ookami do not know of Kagome's home. Though Kouga should have had enough sense to know that we would have killed InuYasha ourselves if he had allowed any harm to come to her.”
 
“Please, Lord Sesshomaru. Please release him. It appears that we must explain so there are no further misunderstandings,” Kaede stated.
 
Sesshomaru looked at the elder miko, his face still deadly calm, and only the tension in his fingers around Kouga's throat giving any indication he was angry. “As you wish,” he stated as he flicked his wrist and hurled the wolf across the clearing, just as Kouga had done to InuYasha.
 
The Demon Lord then looked at the group. “Come Rin.” And with that he strode towards the river in the direction of Jaken and Ah-Un.
 
 
 
Kagome knew something had happened when she felt like she had been cleaved in half. However, this time she was determined to make it to the well from the Goshinboku where she had been sitting, if she had to crawl on her hands and knees to get there. Fortunately, it did not last long. She was prepared to throw herself into the well when InuYasha fell through the time slip and landed heavily at the bottom. Her heart was still pounding, but her pain vanished with his reappearance.
 
“InuYasha! Are you all right?” the miko called to her hanyou in the bottom of the well.
 
InuYasha sat up. At least he had landed on his butt instead of on his head. “Give me a minute,” he panted. The pain he had felt was also gone, but he was still gasping for air like a fish out of water. Suddenly, he sprang out of the well and grabbed his mate, pulling her close. They sank to the floor and InuYasha pulled her into his lap, nuzzling her neck as he held her.
 
 
 
 
“So is anyone going to tell me what is going on?” Kouga asked as he rubbed his neck. He wasn't sure why Sesshomaru had not killed him on the spot for his transgression against his brother. “Where did they go, and why did InuYasha's youki feel like it did?”
 
Kaede, Sango, and Miroku all looked at each other, trying to decide who should speak and what they should say. Miroku finally started, “Kouga, I told you this is a great secret. You can not let anyone else know.”
 
At that statement, Kouga turned to Ginta and Hakkaku. “Go back to the river where we were, to the pack wolves.”
 
Ginta and Hakkaku looked at each other, but knew better than to argue with their leader. “All right, Kouga.” They then took off at a jog back in the direction they had come from.
 
“Okay, spit it out,” Kouga said. “I won't tell the others if it is for Kagome's protection.”
 
“Kagome is not of this time,” Kaede said.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Have you not thought that Kagome's dress was strange? As well as other things about her?” Sango added.
 
“Well, yeah.”
 
“Kagome is from the future. She said approximately five hundred years. She fell in this well one day and was brought to us, and has been traveling through it ever since,” Kaede informed him.
 
“What? What about muttface?” Kouga asked.
 
“He can travel through the well also. We do not understand why, or how,” Kaede responded.
 
“Well, if he can, I'm going,” Kouga stated as he jumped into the well - and landed with a thud at the bottom.
 
The wolf youkai felt the tingling of the magic of the well, and yelled up, “Are you still there?”
 
He heard the houshi chuckle. “Yes, Kouga. I would get out of there if I were you. That well usually makes the bodies of demons disappear. They used to chuck them down there after they had been killed.”
 
That made Kouga jump back out again. “So, that is where Kagome went?”
 
“And InuYasha. And apparently, now that they are mates, they cannot be separated by it,” Kaede replied.
 
“So they really are soul-bonded?” Kouga asked quietly.
 
“Yes, Kouga, they are. Though we understand it is not something that should be discussed freely, as this well is not,” Sango answered. “From what they explained to us, they are bonded in body, blood, and soul. Apparently the separation by the well was too much for InuYasha.”
 
“And probably Kagome. I am sure it hurt her as well when InuYasha lost his contact with the well,” Miroku added.
 
`I didn't mean to hurt Kagome,' Kouga thought before he said, “Are you certain that she is all right? I know she lost a lot of blood where they fought.”
 
“InuYasha said she is recovering and is supposed to take it easy for at least seven days. They will be back when she is well.”
 
“In that case, I'm going to take my pack and check out a few things. I'll be back,” Kouga said as he took off at a run in the direction the others had gone.
 
 
 
Sesshomaru had heard what he needed to for now. There was nothing that could be done until the little miko had healed. InuYasha could not even come back for training alone because of his deep bonds with her. The Taiyoukai was not certain what had stopped him from killing Kouga for attacking InuYasha on the spot, though he could feel the ookami prince's rage when he thought that Kagome had died from her injuries.
 
He looked down at the young girl that was walking alongside him, though she was darting off to grab a wildflower or two as they passed them by. It was fortunate that she had never associated the wolf demon with the wolves that had killed her. Kouga usually had enough sense to keep the pack wolves away from humans for the most part, or at least he did now. Rin had only witnessed Kouga help them defeat the snake youkai at the village that Sesshomaru had recently added to the Western Lands.
 
It was quite likely that he would have killed the ookami prince if the young girl had not been there. However, Sesshomaru really did not like to kill unnecessarily in front of her. He almost stopped and shook his head. Where had that come from? Continuing on his way with Rin alongside of him, he would get Ah-Un and Jaken and go home for a few days to see if any new information on Naraku had been found.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
It had been three days since Kagome had come home from the hospital. She was starting to go stir crazy. On top of that, InuYasha was worse than her mother hovering over her. In addition, even though she had tried, she couldn't get him to make love to her. He kept telling her she was hurt and she should go back to sleep. He knew her injuries were healing very well, but since they had told her to allow seven days for the stitches to work, he wasn't taking any chances.
 
They still had not really discussed what had happened the day InuYasha went back through the well. The couple had not truly understood the depths of their bonds until that had happened. They may have understood in their heads what it meant, but the pain of what they each felt when separated by time brought a harsh reality to it. While they had always said they couldn't live without each other, it turned out that it literally was true.
 
 
The miko was tired of being treated like a porcelain doll. She wanted her hanyou back in her bed, making her scream with pleasure. On the pretense of going to study, Kagome gathered up some of her books and a quilt and headed out the door. She told her mother that she was headed out to the private forest on the shrine grounds. She wanted to sit amongst the trees and feel the gentle breeze and try to forget that she was currently in Tokyo.
 
InuYasha was out with Jii-chan, helping him move some heavy boxes and other objects in the shrine and storage building. When the old man told him that was enough for the day, InuYasha headed to the house in order to check on his mate. He was surprised when he caught her scent on the breeze blowing from the direction of the wood. Wondering what she was up to when she should be resting, he changed directions and went through the gate as he went to find her.
 
 
 
Eri told the hospital that morning that she was going out to check on Kagome; that she was concerned because the girl was dismissed so abruptly due to the train crash. The hospital agreed that it might not be a bad idea, and even gave her a prescription to carry to her in case she needed any more pain medication. The initial prescription had only been for three days' worth, but when they reevaluated the depth of the cuts on Kagome's arm, they decided it would be safe to let her have them for a few more days. Better that than ripping them open again in her sleep.
 
Eri stuck the prescription in her pocket, smiled and headed for the shrine. Of course she had no intention of seeing Kagome if she could help it. She was hoping to catch InuYasha and seduce him. Eri was certain that once he'd had her, he wouldn't want to go back to little miss prude again. She was getting hot at the thought of what she wanted to do to him, and him to her.
 
She reached the top of the stairs at the shrine grounds and stopped, still deciding the best way to approach this. She thanked the Kami when she saw InuYasha's silver hair out of the corner of her eye and looked to see where she was going. She couldn't believe her luck when she saw that he was headed towards the gate to the small forest. Wanting to give him time to get ahead of her, so hopefully he would be well away from the shrine by the time she found him, Eri darted behind a building out of sight of the others before she decided to follow.
 
 
 
Kagome had spread out her quilt and sat down and opened a book. She was having a great deal of trouble concentrating, however, as she planned what she wanted to do with her mate when he found her. The miko knew he would come looking for her when he had finished helping her grandfather, and so she waited.
 
 
InuYasha had headed out towards the clearing they used to practice in, surmising that was probably where his mate was. So far, his nose was agreeing with him. He finally saw her with her back to him, her book open in front of her as she studied. The hanyou halted. What in the world kind of book was that she had? The air surrounding her was thick with the aroma of her arousal. Determined to not let his instincts rule him because she was still recovering, InuYasha came around and then approached her from the front. He furrowed his brow in confusion. Why was she totally ignoring him? Was she angry with him for some reason? Or was that damned book more interesting? Not wanting to be ignored, he squatted down in front of her.
 
 
In one swift move, Kagome threw her book aside and tackled the hanyou. She laid him flat out on his back and then eagerly thrust her tongue into his mouth. She had removed the sling when she sat down with her book, so she had both hands free to help.
 
At first InuYasha responded. How could he not to that? However, his head took control over his heart and lower regions and when Kagome finally had to break for air he rolled her over to jump to his feet. What he did not expect was for Kagome to grab the waistband of his boxers and sweats he was wearing as he jumped up. He went up, but the garments went to his ankles. His mate was on her knees and cupping a buttock in each hand, and pulled him into her warm, wet mouth.
 
“Wench! What are you trying to do, you're still hurt,” InuYasha said, but without much conviction as she sucked on the soft head.
 
Her response was to roll her tongue around him, and draw more in.
 
“Fuck, `gome,” he whispered as he gave in.
 
Kagome rolled her tongue around the head, and teased the little slit in it with the tip. She then started darting her tongue down the underside until she landed on his testicles. She heard him gasp as she gently pulled them into her mouth, giving them much the same treatment, one at a time. She then worked her way back up his shaft with her lips and tongue working together, making funny little slurping and sucking noises as she went. Deciding it was now safe to turn loose of one buttock, she did and wrapped her hand around the base of his erection as she drew him into her mouth again. She started working in rhythm, with her hand and mouth going in opposite directions, first out, then in, and out, and in again. By now InuYasha had entangled his hands in her silken mane and was just hanging on for the ride.
 
“ `gome, fuck that feels good,” he said hoarsely as he looked down to watch her before throwing his head back and closing his eyes. He felt her run her tongue and lips all over him - up, down, around, that magical tongue and those fingers seemed to be all over the place. The miko would work him until he was almost ready to explode, and then change her rhythm and bring him back down again. Up and down, like the rising of the tide within him that needed to be quelled.
 
Finally, all motion stopped and he was hard as a rock. Once again, she had brought him to the brink and let go. “Fuck,” he said in frustration.
 
For the first time since he'd found her she spoke, “Exactly.”
 
She stood, her lips glistening from her attentions to his erection, and released the belt from her yukata, revealing she was wearing nothing underneath it. InuYasha picked her up and thrust sharply into her, sheathing himself fully in her.
 
Kagome loosely wrapped her legs around him, relaxed and fell back, knowing that InuYasha would not let her fall. Looking down to see that the cuts on her chest had already healed, he leaned over to pull a nipple into his mouth. With one hand cupping her butt, and the other her back, he started to thrust into her as he suckled first at one breast, and then the other. Then he worked his way up to suckle at the mark on her shoulder, creating a whole new wave of sensations that ran through her.
 
When he knew he was getting close, he whispered, “Hold me, `gome.”
 
Once she had her hands locked around his neck to help balance herself, InuYasha reached between them to rub at her nub that was swollen and hard. His thrusts became harder as he sought to bring them to completion together. When he heard his name cried from her lips and her walls grip him and ripple around him, he howled and released his seed into her. Both panting, Kagome pulled back just far enough to tenderly kiss him, and then wrapped her arms back around him as well as her legs around his waist as they remained joined together. She was nuzzling at his neck and he at hers when the direction of the wind changed.
 
`Damn girl,' InuYasha thought as he opened his eyes and looked over Kagome's shoulder to see Eri watching, her mouth hanging open. He lifted his lip, baring a fang at her, and silently snarled. He ears were also at full attention in her direction, the hat he wore around the shrine lost and pushed aside when Kagome tackled him. To make his point, now that he knew she had been watching, he nuzzled Kagome's neck and then pulled her to him for a long, soft kiss. When he thought he'd made it perfectly clear that he only wanted Kagome, he closed his eyes and rested his chin on her shoulder, burying his face in her hair. They remained like that, still holding each other, until the hanyou finally felt himself start to slide out of her. When he reopened his eyes, Eri was gone.
 
 
Eri could not believe what she was witnessing. At first she thought she had all of the luck, InuYasha was going off into the small wood where she would catch him alone. And then when she saw him approach the girl on the quilt with the book, she didn't even consider it might be Kagome. The girl was wearing a traditional yukata, and Kagome was probably in the house, having the others wait on her. Eri couldn't believe it when the girl tackled the boy, and it was obvious she was giving a very good blowjob. She was mesmerized by the head bobbing back and forth, and did not notice InuYasha's peculiarities as of yet.
 
Eri thought this was all good because InuYasha was obviously already cheating on Kagome, so what would a little fling with her matter? She even thought about approaching to see if they wanted to have a threesome when the girl suddenly stood, and InuYasha, who apparently was pretty strong, picked her up and thrust into her in one swift move, one he'd obviously had some practice with.
 
Eri couldn't wait until he did that to her.
 
She was getting pretty hot herself watching the two, until she finally looked at the face of the other girl as she leaned over backwards. `No, it can't be Kagome. She'd never do something like that.' Eri peered intently at the face of the girl, her eyes closed in obvious rapture as InuYasha pounded into her. And then Eri jumped. InuYasha howled as he exploded into his partner. And that's when she finally noticed. As he nuzzled at the girl's neck and shoulder, she saw them: ears. And about that time InuYasha opened his eyes and they landed on her. Eri just stared at him wide-eyed with her mouth gaping open when she realized he was lifting his lip at her to reveal a fang. Suddenly deciding that maybe she wasn't ready to fuck something that she wasn't sure was human, Eri turned and left, beating a path out of there as fast as she could go. Eri also realized that Kagome apparently wasn't the little virgin shrine maiden she thought she was. Eri had learned a thing or two after that display.
 
 
“So, is she gone?” Kagome asked when InuYasha finally set her on her feet.
 
“You…you knew?” the hanyou asked softly.
 
“I don't think you meant to, but I could hear you when thought `Damn girl' even though you didn't stop what you were doing.”
 
“You don't seem worried,” InuYasha commented. He knew his head wasn't covered, and Kagome was always so concerned about someone in her time seeing his ears.
 
“It was Eri, wasn't it?”
 
“Keh. It was her.”
 
“Good. Maybe now she'll understand that you don't fuck anybody's brains out but mine.”
 
“Did that qualify?” the hanyou teased.
 
“It was a good start,” Kagome responded as she dropped to her knees to work on getting him hard again.
 
“Damn, woman,” InuYasha said as he started to harden up almost immediately.
 
“Damn right,” the miko agreed and then set her tongue and fingers back to work.
 
 
To be continued…