InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die ❯ Dreams and Reality ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 

Disclaimer: I still don't own InuYasha (sighs heavily).
 
AN: Reviews are greatly appreciated. The more I get, the faster I tend to write.
 
 
Live and Let Die
 
 
Chapter 2: Dreams and Reality (Warning: Lime)
 
“InuYasha, are you all right?” Kagome questioned, her arms still tightly wrapped around the hanyou.
 
“Are...are you real? Or is this a dream?” InuYasha asked hoarsely.
 
“I'm real. I'm here. We found you. Oh, InuYasha, I've been so worried. I knew you wouldn't abandon me.” Kagome was crying again.
 
“I'm…so…thirsty,” InuYasha whispered.
 
Kagome unwillingly untangled herself from her hanyou. “Wait just a minute. I'll get you something.”
 
In addition to a plain bottle of water, Kagome pulled out a sports drink for InuYasha. She handed him the water bottle first, which he quickly drank down, then took it from him and handed him the other. “Here, drink this. It has electrolytes and calories and should help you.”
 
InuYasha did as instructed and drank it down as well. He handed the bottle to Kagome and wrapped both of his arms around her, bringing her close to his body again as he muttered, “I can't believe you came. I can't believe you found me.”
 
Kagome tossed the now empty bottles over to the bank and wrapped her arms back around him. “I had to find you. I couldn't get rid of the feeling that something terrible had happened. How did you end up there?”
 
Kagome wanted to ask why he was saying, `Kikyou, why?' but decided that could wait until later. She knew InuYasha was fragile after his ordeal. Kagome also started to blush when she realized she was sitting naked in his lap in the water.
 
She got no response, however. With Kagome still gripped tightly in his arms, InuYasha had fallen asleep in the water. Completely exhausted and not having the strength nor will to try to pry herself from his grip, Kagome settled against his muscular chest and found sleep as well. This time, for the first time in a week, she would sleep with no nightmares.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Miroku, Sango, Shippou, and Kirara made it back to their village. They headed straight for Kaede's hut and found her there sorting the herbs she had gathered that morning with a pot of stew cooking over the fire.
 
The old miko looked up and asked, “Did you have any luck with the rumor of the jewel shard? Where are Kagome and InuYasha?”
 
“Actually, we were hoping you could tell us. Did Kagome come through here? InuYasha disappeared, and then Kagome did as well. We thought she may have returned home because she was upset,” the monk replied.
 
“No, I have not seen the child. But that does not mean anything. f she is upset with InuYasha, she normally goes straight through the well. Kagome usually does not come by to see me when she is angry. What do you mean - InuYasha disappeared?” Kaede asked thoughtfully.
 
“He and Kagome had another argument that ended up with her sitting him. He got mad and took off into the forest, and we haven't seen him since. Kikyou was in the area, so he probably ran off with her. Baka InuYasha!” Shippou popped off.
 
Kaede shook her head - it didn't make sense. The old miko was pretty certain that InuYasha would not just run off and leave Kagome, not after everything that had happened. In fact, his greatest fear seemed to be that he wouldn't be able to protect her at some point. No, Kaede was fairly certain that InuYasha wouldn't abandon Kagome on purpose.
 
“Did you make any attempt to search for him?” Kaede finally asked.
 
The others all shook their heads in response. Sango finally said, “We assumed he could take care of himself and would return when he was good and ready. Kagome wanted to go, but we wouldn't humor her. He'll turn back up; he always does.”
 
Kaede just raised an eyebrow at that. “Well, we can only hope that what you thought is true, and that Kagome went home. Are you certain she did not go searching for him alone since you refused to go with her? I find it difficult to believe that Kagome would go home if she thought InuYasha was in any trouble.”
 
The others just looked at each other. In truth, they had never seriously considered it.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
The Great Demon Lord of the Western Lands almost chuckled when he saw the pair, naked and fast asleep, in the water. He knew they both needed the rest; however, in the water was probably not the best place for it. He silently went to where he had dropped the backpack and sleeping bag and grabbed the bag to unroll it. Apparently Rin had figured out the odd toothed binding for this time it fell completely open. He saw a blanket that the miko had pulled out when she was rummaging around in the backpack and unfurled it. When he was finished, he waded into the spring.
 
Even with only one arm, Sesshomaru was incredibly strong. He wrapped his arm around the two of them and picked them up, leaving their arms still wrapped around each other. The task wasn't difficult at all. He carried them over to the spread out sleeping bag and gently laid them down. He had no way to dry them but figured it really didn't matter. The night was warm, so they would dry off on their own, anyway. Once he had laid them down on their sides, he pulled the blanket over them. Certain that Rin was safe under the watchful eyes of Ah-Un and Jaken, Lord Sesshomaru settled down to watch over his brother and the miko while they slept.
 
 
Certain that the two of them would need to eat when they finally awakened, Sesshomaru started a fire the following morning and then went and killed a small boar he heard rooting around nearby. After setting it over the fire to start roasting, he settled back in to wait. He wondered how long it would be before the two of them awakened.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
InuYasha had gone from having nightmares and visions from his past to having the best dream. He was holding Kagome against his body, and she had her arms wrapped firmly around him as well. Her hair was damp, but it smelled so good when washed in the herbal shampoo. He snuggled into her tighter and nuzzled her, never wanting to wake up. This dream was much better than those others he'd had for the past week. If InuYasha was going to die, this was how he wanted to go - with pleasant memories, not those of loneliness and hatred.
 
  
Kagome was also lost in a warm, wonderful dream. InuYasha was holding her close, and even though he had not said it, she could feel that he loved her. He had startled her when he had picked her up, feet dangling, and carried her, but then she snuggled into his strong chest as they lay down on the warm bedding together - if this could only happen for real, if only InuYasha would hold her like this. A smile traced across her face as she continued to sleep.
 
 
Sesshomaru cocked an eyebrow when he realized that their scents had started to change. Even though they were still sound asleep, they were starting to react rather strongly to each other's presence. Maybe their unconscious minds would allow what they wouldn't when awake. Deciding to allow nature to take its course, Sesshomaru allowed them to sleep.
 
 
InuYasha's dream was getting even better. He had just realized the beautiful miko in his arms was wearing no clothing. He unwrapped the arm that was not pinned into the bedding and shyly stroked her breast. It hardened to his touch, and he heard her moan in pleasure in response. InuYasha felt himself start to harden as he stroked her nipple with his claw and gently tweaked it. This time, he smelled the spike in her scent that signified her arousal at his ministrations.
 
He was surprised when he felt her small hand wrap around his growing erection, which had started pressing into her thigh. The fingers were curious, exploring up and down and pausing to rub the moisture at the slit in the head. At least in his dream, his Kagome was not repulsed by him, by what she did to him. He sighed as the hand wrapped around him firmly and started to move up and down. InuYasha couldn't help himself as he started to thrust into it.
 
 
Kagome couldn't believe it; her hanyou had finally made a move. She moaned and pushed into his hand as he gently caressed her bare breast. She almost giggled when she felt a hardness press into her thigh. She reached down with her free hand and grasped it, gently at first. Is this what she did to the hanyou? Here she had thought all this time that he didn't care for her, yet he was getting so hard. Kagome really didn't want to wake up from this dream. In her dream she could allow herself to explore. She trailed her hand up his erection, which felt like it was huge, to the tip. There was moisture leaking from the little slit at the top. Curious, she rubbed it with her thumb and encircled the head before starting to trail back down. She went down and fondled his sac and the two balls within and then trailed back up to his now very hard erection. Wrapping her hand around it and getting braver, she started to move up and down. It was only moments before she felt him start to thrust with her motions.
 
Kagome was starting to feel a very warm and wet heat pool in her lower regions. Wanting him to return the pleasure, Kagome turned loose long enough to take the hand that was gently massaging her breast and lead it down below. She heard him gasp when he realized where his hand now was as he started to explore with his fingers. Kagome lifted one leg and rested it over his, giving him easier access. She gasped as he stroked and then dipped into her warm and waiting channel. She also guided him to the sensitive pearl that resided just in front of it. Once he had the idea, she wrapped her hand firmly around him and started to stroke.
 
 
InuYasha was disappointed when he felt her hand turn loose - was she repulsed by him, after all? However, his fear did not last long, and he gasped as he felt her hand take his and gently guide it down to between her legs. She lifted her upper leg and rested it over his so her center was easier for him to reach. Shyly, he stroked between the folds that were very warm and wet.
 
Encouraged by her moans of approval, he dipped into the channel he found where all of the slick moisture was coming from. He felt her hand guide him to the little nub that was there as well. She seemed to find particular pleasure in his stroking and applying pressure to it. He started rubbing it with his thumb as he dipped inside with his other fingers. She must have been content with that because she had once again wrapped her hand around him and started to stroke again. InuYasha was panting as he started to thrust into her hand as his hand worked to relieve the heat that was coming from between her legs. He couldn't help but to cry her name as he spilled his sticky seed over her fingers. InuYasha had been working at her so that she was bucking into his hand. He felt her channel tighten and spasm around his fingers as they were coated in the juices that poured out of her along with his name from her lips.
 
 
As they started to awaken, both the hanyou and miko were thinking, `Oh Kami, what a great dream!' As amber gold eyes opened and met stormy gray ones, they each realized that they were naked, and InuYasha had his hand inside Kagome, and her hand was still wrapped around his now soft member, gently stroking it.
 
Before InuYasha had a chance to start sputtering, turning red, and running away, Kagome did the only thing she could think of - she leaned into him and kissed him as she turned loose and wrapped her arm around him, trying to keep him from getting away. The miko probed at his mouth with her tongue, trying to get him to accept it. He finally accepted his fate and gave in, allowing her tongue to enter his mouth. He was surprised to feel it exploring, feeling his fangs, stroking his tongue. Giving into his feelings, he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her in tight as his tongue started a battle of dominance with hers. As he explored her mouth with his tongue, he felt her sucking on it, like she was trying to take him into her. Finally, gasping for air, they pulled apart.
 
Kagome started to cry. “Oh, InuYasha, I was so worried. I knew you wouldn't have left me.”
 
However, she felt InuYasha grow tense in her arms. “InuYasha, what is it?”
 
“My bastard brother, he's somewhere nearby,” InuYasha responded.
 
Now Kagome did turn red. She'd forgotten that Sesshomaru had said he would return to watch over them. Then again, she hadn't even thought about him in her `dream.'
 
“Half-breed, that is some way to show your gratitude,” Sesshomaru replied from his spot near the fire. While he couldn't see them under the blanket, his nose had picked up pretty much everything that had happened.
 
“It's all right, InuYasha. He actually found the cave you had been sealed in and helped me get you out of there. I was too weak to do it on my own,” Kagome said quietly.
 
“You mean…you mean…” InuYasha couldn't finish. It was completely humiliating to think anyone had seen him in the state he was in.
 
“InuYasha, I told him you were sealed with an ofuda and could not move. It wasn't your fault,” Kagome responded softly as she stroked his cheek.
 
“It was my fault. I never should have stopped to try and help that fucking girl. If I hadn't, they wouldn't have been able to seal me like they did,” InuYasha replied, his face still red hot.
 
“What happened, InuYasha? Why did you leave the camp like that, anyway? I know I was angrier with you than I should have been, but I didn't understand why you said all of those mean things to me. You were worse than usual,” Kagome said.
 
“I'm…I'm sorry, Kagome. I was afraid you would see what you do to me. I was afraid you would be repulsed and go home. I was afraid you would never want to see me again,” InuYasha whispered.
 
Kagome leaned forward and kissed him gently before she said, “Well, obviously that's not a problem. I had almost given up hope. I didn't think you saw me that way. I knew you promised to protect me, but I could never be sure how you really felt. Every time I thought you might try and say something, one of the others would come along and ruin it. I never told you how I feel because I was afraid you would turn me away, and my heart couldn't bear to be crushed any more.”
 
They had both forgotten that the Demon Lord was sitting there and were startled when he said, “What this Sesshomaru does not understand is how you two became bonded to each other if you are not mates.”
 
“What?” Kagome and InuYasha said together.
 
Kagome continued, “You did say something last night, but I was so out of it, I didn't really understand you. What did you mean?”
 
But as she finished, her stomach gave a loud growl.
 
Sesshomaru looked at them both. “You both need to drink more and get something to eat. This can be discussed once you have had some food.”
 
Kagome started to throw the blanket back and then realized she was naked. Instead she wrapped it tighter around her and blushed.
 
InuYasha was blushing as well, but asked, “Where are my clothes?”
 
Kagome nodded towards the grassy slope. “I put them over there to dry. It's warm enough that hopefully everything has dried out by now.”
 
InuYasha wasn't worried about being naked in front of his brother, and Kagome had her head buried under the blanket. He slowly and stiffly got up and waded into the spring to rinse off before he retrieved his clothes. Grabbing a towel that he knew was in the backpack, he dried off and then got dressed.
 
“Okay, your turn,” InuYasha said when he came back fully clothed. “But you might want to rinse off in the stream first.”
 
“Will…will you two turn your backs and not peek?” Kagome asked as she blushed. She did need to rinse off - she was quite slick and sticky in more than one place.
 
InuYasha blushed and turned his back; Sesshomaru just shook his head and did the same. Of course the miko had no idea he had watched her strip and bathe the night before.
 
Kagome was wobbly as she tried to stand up. She took a few steps but fell before she reached the water. In an instant, InuYasha was by her side. “Here, let me help you,” he said softly.
 
Kagome didn't argue - she still felt incredibly weak. She let InuYasha help her into the shallow spring and she sat down in the water so that she could rinse herself off. She rose to find InuYasha waiting with a towel and her backpack. After allowing him to help her dry off, she pulled a pair of shorts and tank top out of her back pack, along with a fresh pair of panties. InuYasha had the good graces to turn his back to her while she dressed.
 
“Okay, I'm ready,” Kagome said after she had pulled the top on. InuYasha picked up the backpack in one hand and wrapped his other arm around her waist and helped Kagome back to the fire. Once he was certain she was comfortable where she was seated, InuYasha dropped down beside her. The boar was now cooked, so InuYasha sliced off a piece for Kagome and then one for himself.
 
“Be careful you do not eat too much at one time. You may be hungry, but your bodies have not had food for several days. It would be better if you eat in small amounts more times than usual so you do not throw it back up,” they heard Sesshomaru warn them.
 
The other two nodded in understanding. They could tell as much as their bodies wanted food, their stomach would revolt if they put too much in it after it had been empty for so long.
 
“InuYasha, there should be a couple more bottles of the sports drinks in my backpack. Would you pull them out?” Kagome asked.
 
InuYasha responded by tossing the last bit of boar he had in his hand into his mouth and turning around while he chewed. He found the bottles in question and handed them both to Kagome.
 
The miko took one of them and told InuYasha to keep the other. “Drink it; it'll help.”  
 
After they had each downed the drinks and eaten another small piece of the wild pig, InuYasha finally asked, “What do you mean, we're bonded?”
 
“Your souls are bonded to each other like two mates. The miko's life was fading when yours was. She was also apparently having your dreams. The miko starting saying things that made this Sesshomaru go and look for you,” the Demon Lord replied.
 
“I…I don't understand,” Kagome said.
 
“You were muttering to yourself last night. However, the words you were speaking did not appear to be your own. They were at first, but then you started muttering what could only be the words of the half-breed. He was still muttering some of the same things when he was found,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“But how could we be bonded? We've never been together that way,” InuYasha asked.
 
“It is probably a combination of factors. InuYasha, have you vowed to protect the miko?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
InuYasha just nodded.
 
“Miko, have you accepted his protection? Perhaps sworn to help protect him in return?”
 
“Well, yes,” Kagome responded. In a way she had, in fact in more than one way. She had sworn to protect his heart, and to help him to live.
 
“Miko, you bandage him up and care of him after battles. Has he ever done something similar for you?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
Kagome almost shook her head because Sango usually treated her, but remembered - when she was running that high fever, InuYasha had made her medicine his mother taught him to make, and it had cured her. So instead, wide-eyed, she nodded.
 
“Do you groom each other?”
 
“What do you mean?” Kagome asked.
 
Sesshomaru didn't want to give away he had been watching them the entire time. “I mean do you do things like wash each other's hair or comb it out?”
 
Kagome responded, “Last night was the first time I've washed his hair for him, but he does let me comb it when we are alone.”
 
“Basically, you two have been treating each other as mates would. It probably would not have happened under normal circumstances, but because the girl is a miko, she has an aura just as you do, InuYasha. Apparently her aura and yours recognize that you take care of one another, and your souls have bonded together. For all intensive purposes, you are mates. It will be both a strength and a weakness,” Sesshomaru continued.
 
“What do you mean?” the pair asked together.
 
Kagome wanted to know what it meant to be mates.
 
InuYasha wanted to know how it was a weakness.
 
InuYasha understood Kagome's question. “If we're bonded like mates, it means we're like husband and wife in human terms, except being mates is permanent. We can't change our minds and back out of it later. Our souls are bonded and when one dies, the other usually follows shortly afterwards.”
 
InuYasha realized he had suddenly answered his own question. That was the weakness. His eyes opened wide at the revelation.
 
“You must concentrate on the strengths this bond will provide, not the weakness. You each make the other stronger because of your ties. However, you cannot be careless because to jeopardize yourself will be to jeopardize your mate as well,” Sesshomaru said seriously.
 
“You…you said last night I was dying,” Kagome said softly.
 
“Yes. Because InuYasha was so weak and hanging on by a thread, you were as well. However, it was also your determination in finding him and his determination in staying alive until you did that kept you both going. Under normal circumstances, even a hanyou should have perished after that long without food and water, or, at the very least, gone mad from the solitary confinement,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“So basically, even though we didn't agree to it and had no say in it, we're married?” Kagome asked.
 
InuYasha's ears flattened to his head. He loved her but would never have wished this upon her. All he could think of was the names she would be called because of it. “I'm sorry, Kagome.”
 
“Sorry, sorry for what?” Kagome asked, trying not to get angry.
 
“I know you never wanted this, never wanted to be tied to me like this. I'm sorry,” InuYasha said sadly.
 
“Baka, baka, baka!” Kagome yelled and then threw herself in his arms. “It's all I've wanted for a long time, but I didn't think you wanted me that way.”
 
InuYasha wrapped his arms around her as his ears perked up. “Really?”
 
Kagome kissed him softly on his lips. “Really.”
 
“Is there anywhere you two can go and stay while you recover? It will be several days before you have your strength back enough to travel looking for the shards and Naraku again,” Sesshomaru stated.
 
“Yeah, there is if Kagome doesn't mind. But where are the others?” InuYasha asked.
 
“I…I don't know. They refused to help me look for you, so I left camp in the middle of the night. I don't even know where we were,” Kagome answered.
 
“This Sesshomaru went and checked. It appears they headed in the direction of your village. Perhaps they thought you returned there and have stayed to wait for you,” Sesshomaru said.
 
“That probably is where they are. They did just keep telling me we should wait until InuYasha showed back up. They may have thought I was upset and went home, rather than looking for InuYasha,” Kagome responded thoughtfully, and then looked at the hanyou. “Do you want to come home with me? We could stay there for a few days until I have my strength back.”
 
InuYasha nodded. “Do you mind if I talk with my brother alone for a few minutes?”
 
“I'll wait here,” Kagome said.
 
InuYasha stood. “Could I talk to you, Sesshomaru?”
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow - his brother had politely asked to speak with him? He nodded and stood.
 
When they had reached the edge of the clearing, out of Kagome's range of hearing, InuYasha stood staring at the ground, his ears flat on his head.
 
“What is it, Little Brother?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“Thank you for helping us, for helping Kagome,” InuYasha said.
 
“She said something interesting, Little Brother. Why was she, or were you, asking `Why, Kikyou?'” Sesshomaru asked.
 
InuYasha was still staring at the ground. “Kikyou came through just after they had tricked me and slapped the ofuda in the middle of my back so I couldn't move. Instead of telling them who I was, she just told them I was a hanyou that she couldn't kill herself because of my human half and went on her way. That was when they decided instead of just killing me, to leave me sealed in that cave.”
 
“Why did they trap you to begin with?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“They said there was a demon that was snatching young girls from the village that wandered too far into the forest. They decided that since I responded to the girl's pleas for help, I was it. They wouldn't listen that I was only trying to help,” InuYasha responded.
 
Sesshomaru's eyes flashed red for a minute. “This Sesshomaru knows of this demon. It has been destroyed.”
 
“You killed it?” InuYasha asked.
 
Sesshomaru just nodded, but gave no further response. Same said demon had made the fatal mistake of trying to snatch Rin. It was stalking her when Sesshomaru erased it from the face of the earth.
 
“Now, Little Brother, surely you wanted to speak away from the miko about something else,” Sesshomaru said.
 
“I…I know that you said we are effectively mates, but what do I need to do if we wanted to complete the ritual? Really take her as my mate?” InuYasha's ears had disappeared into his hair and he had turned the color of his haori as he asked.
 
“You do not know? That flea Myoga has not informed you?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“I never asked. I never thought it would happen,” InuYasha replied, still embarrassed, but this time his voice was colored with a twinge of sadness.
 
Sesshomaru sat on the ground and indicated for InuYasha to join him. “When you physically join with her, you need to mark her. While humans will not know it, demons will know that she is your mate. Until she carries your mark, some other can claim her even though her soul is already bonded to yours. That would probably be a disaster if you allowed it to happen. Because of her bond, if another takes her away from you, she would most likely die, and then so would you. It would be best if you do it soon.”
 
“But she's human. Why would another demon want to take her?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Your miko is more powerful than she realizes, and she can see the Sacred Jewel shards. That will be enough for another to try and take her from you,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
InuYasha realized he was right - that was the sole reason the wolf-demon prince Kouga had kidnapped her in the first place.
 
“What do I need to do?”
 
“You will feel the hottest pulse point of her blood in her shoulder, near her neck. That is usually where you bite down to place your mark on her,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“I…I have to bite her? Will…will it hurt her?”
 
Sesshomaru nodded, but then said, “She probably will not notice if you keep her occupied with pleasure in other areas. Normally you do it when coupled with her, so she will not notice it so much. In fact, for some, it seems to bring more pleasure.”
 
InuYasha was turning bright red. “Does she need to mark me?”
 
“If you want to tie her life span with yours, then she needs to mark you and take in some of your blood as well. You should discuss this with her first. Not all humans want the lifespan of a demon. Even as a hanyou, your lifespan will be incredibly long. Make sure she agrees before you do it. If she does agree, then she can mark you anywhere that she can draw blood from. You will probably have to help her since she does not have fangs to break through your tough skin. It does not matter how it happens as long as she drinks in enough of your blood to form the blood-bond,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“Any…anything else I need to know?” InuYasha asked quietly.
 
“As a hanyou, you will only be able to produce pups two times each month - once when you are mortal, in which case you will produce a human child, and then at the exact opposite time of the month, when you will be able to produce a true hanyou pup. Your mate's body will start to tune into your body and become fertile with your cycle. Considering that she is a miko, she can probably consciously do it if she so wishes. However, you need to consider having pups carefully. It would be dangerous for your miko to be pregnant with Naraku still at large,” Sesshomaru said seriously.
 
InuYasha nodded; he knew it was true. He also knew in her time she was considered too young to have her own children.
 
“Is there anything else?” InuYasha finally asked.
 
“One other. You are quite large by human standards. She will better be able to receive you the first time if you take her from behind as an Inu normally would. Make sure you give her time to adjust to you after you are fully sheathed before you continue with the mating. You do not want to hurt her. After the first time, she should be able to receive you in any position,” Sesshomaru said as simply as though they were discussing what was for dinner.
 
“How…how is it that you know all of this?” InuYasha asked softly, his face easily matching the color of his haori.
 
“Father left a journal explaining everything. He asked that I tell you when you were old enough,” Sesshomaru replied as he stood.
 
InuYasha stood with him, lost deep in thought.
 
They walked back to where Kagome was patiently waiting. In fact, she had fallen asleep again. InuYasha smiled gently at her as he reached down to shake her awake.
 
“Oi, we're back. Did you want to go home?” InuYasha asked.
 
Kagome nodded. “But I'm still so weak, and you are, too.”
 
“Are you returning to your village?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
They both nodded in return.
 
“Would you like to borrow Ah-Un? He could have you there in less than half a day,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“That would be great, Lord Sesshomaru. Thank you,” Kagome answered.
 
“Keh.” InuYasha nodded in agreement as he sliced off another piece of the boar for each of them.
 
“Wait here. This Sesshomaru will return with Ah-Un,” Sesshomaru said as he rose into the air.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
True to his word, Lord Sesshomaru returned in an hour with Ah-Un, Jaken and Rin.
 
Rin had hopped down from the dragon's back. InuYasha fastened the backpack, bow and quiver of arrows to the harness, and then set Kagome up on the dragon's broad back before he jumped up behind her.
 
“How will he know where to go?” InuYasha asked.
 
“He knows to take you to the village; once there you can guide him to where you want to land. Just send him back once you reach your destination,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“Thank you, Lord Sesshomaru, thank you for everything,” Kagome said as Ah-Un took to the air. “Bye Rin!” she called to the little girl as they headed home.
 
“My Lord! I don't understand why you have helped the half-breed and human!” Jaken whined as they disappeared over the tree line.
 
“Because no one kills my bastard half-breed brother but this Sesshomaru,” the Demon Lord responded and then added, “And this Sesshomaru does not kill those too weak to fight back.”
 
In truth, he didn't really feel that way any more, but it made Jaken shut up.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
They rode in silence as Ah-Un carried them towards the well. InuYasha had a lot he wanted to discuss with the miko, but he wanted to wait until they were safely into her time. He hoped they could find some time alone so that he could tell her everything that he needed to.
 
Kagome was content to ride in silence. She wasn't uncomfortable in it, but instead snuggled back against InuYasha's strong chest and rested against him. He responded by wrapping his arms around her and holding her close. It was so hard to believe - this wasn't a dream. This time she was wide awake, and it was real. She wrapped her arms around those that were holding her and sighed as she settled against his chest.
 
It seemed like no time at all before they were guiding Ah-Un to the clearing by the well. Not knowing for certain if the dragon could understand him, InuYasha thanked him for the lift and told him to return to Sesshomaru. Kagome rubbed the two muzzles and said goodbye before he took to the air to return to the Demon Lord.
 
Not wanting to waste any time in case the others felt their return, InuYasha threw the backpack over his shoulder and set the quiver and arrows against the wall of the well. If anyone came to check, they would know that Kagome had safely gone home. InuYasha then picked Kagome up and jumped into the well and then lifted her back out once they were on the other side.
 
When InuYasha set her on her feet, Kagome turned around and kissed him.
 
InuYasha returned her gentle kiss. When they pulled apart he softly asked, “What was that for?”
 
“To make sure it was real,” the miko replied.
 
InuYasha pulled her to him and kissed her again. When he turned her loose he responded, “It's real. Are you ready to go in?”
 
Kagome nodded and took his hand to lead him towards the house.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Shippou had gone back out to the well to check for any sign of Kagome again. He had gone out each day, and was walking to a cadence of, “Please come back, Ka-go-me. Ba-ka, ba-ka, Inu-Yasha.” As far as he was concerned, the whole thing was InuYasha's fault. He didn't want to admit that they had all jumped to the conclusion that the hanyou had gone on his own, and Kagome was sad and returned home.
 
This time he spotted something he didn't remember seeing before. `Hey, those are Kagome's bow and arrows!' Too small to carry the quiver full of arrows, he grabbed the bow and headed back toward the village.
 
“Hey, look what I found!” Shippou shouted as he ran up to Sango and Miroku.
 
“Where did you find that?” Sango asked.
 
“It was sitting by the well. I don't remember seeing it before,” Shippou replied.
 
“Are you certain?” Miroku asked. “Did you look all away around the well before?”
 
Shippou nodded in excitement. “It wasn't there before. Now we know for certain she's gone home.”
 
“But where has she been the last couple of days? She should have reached the village before we did,” Sango remarked.
 
Miroku responded, “Maybe she got lost. In any case, now we know she is home. We just have to wait for InuYasha to turn up so he can go and get her.”
 
“Are you certain InuYasha was not with her?” Kaede had just walked in on their conversation. She was relieved to see the bow.
 
“What do you mean?” Sango asked.
 
“I mean I still do not think Kagome ran home and left InuYasha when she thought he was in trouble. I think she found him and took him home,” Kaede replied.
 
“Why do you think that?” Miroku asked.
 
“You mean you did not feel them both return before they vanished into the well?” Kaede asked.
 
“Well, I might have been a bit out of it. Sango did hit me pretty hard in the head,” Miroku responded.
 
“Lecher,” the Demon Slayer muttered under her breath.
 
Kaede just shook her head.
 
To be continued…