InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die ❯ Explorations ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. Any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Reviews are greatly appreciated. The more I get, the faster I tend to write. 
 
 
Live and Let Die
 
 
Chapter 3: Explorations ( ^~^ Warning: Chapter contains Lemons, Limons, whatever…)
 
Sesshomaru's eyes softened just a bit as he watched Rin playing in the warm water. She had wanted to bathe while they were waiting for Ah-Un to return, and he saw no harm in her request. She was laughing and splashing water at Jaken when the two-headed dragon landed in the clearing by the spring. Deciding they would stay here for the night, Sesshomaru freed the dragon from his bridles and harness and turned him loose to water and graze. He knew the fire-breathing dragon wouldn't be bothered by the warm water of the springs at all. In fact, Ah-Un plodded over and settled down in the churning water downstream from Rin. Resting his two heads on the bank, he dozed off.
 
The Demon Lord was still confused as to how his brother and the miko's souls had become fused when they had not actually taken each other physically as mates. Even with demons, it didn't always happen when they mated. The soul bonding only occurred when there was true love and trust between the two. Unions forged from political alliances or other arranged matings usually did not result in such a bond. And yet, a hanyou and a miko had forged such a union. Sesshomaru hoped his brother took him up on his advice and truly claimed the miko as his mate, and did so soon. There were whispers of others who wished to snatch her and claim her by force if the opportunity ever came by.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
It was dusk when Kagome led InuYasha towards the house. She was curious because there were no lights on. Where could everyone be?
 
Kagome found the spare key in its hiding place and unlocked the door. After entering, she locked it behind her and headed towards the kitchen.
 
“Where do you think everyone is?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Let's go to the kitchen and see if Mama left me a note,” Kagome replied.
 
Kagome flipped on the light and looked. There was a note under a jar with some cash in it on the table:
 
Kagome,
 
Your Great-Uncle Masato fell and broke his leg. Your grandfather and I have gone to stay with him for at least a week. His son is coming from Naples as soon as he can make the arrangements.
 
I've left some money for you to get groceries if you happen to come home. School doesn't start for another couple of weeks, so you don't have to worry about that. Souta is staying with his friend Akimoto Youshi until we return.
 
Give a hug to InuYasha for me,
 
Mama
 
 
“Well, InuYasha, it looks like we have the house to ourselves,” Kagome remarked as she finished the note.
 
“Where are they?” InuYasha asked.
 
“My grandfather's brother broke his leg, so they have gone to Yokohama to help out until his son can get home. They should be gone for about a week. Souta is staying with his best friend while they are away. What do you-” Kagome began.
 
She didn't get to finish her question because her stomach was growling rather loudly.
 
InuYasha smirked. “First, I think you need to find something to eat.”
 
About that time, they heard a distinct rumble from his belly as well. “Well, we need to get something to eat.”
 
“We can go to the market tomorrow and get some groceries. In the meantime, will fried eggs do?” Kagome asked.
 
“Keh,” InuYasha remarked, and then asked, “And do you have any of that crunchy pickled stuff?”
 
Kagome just grinned and shook her head. “There's probably some in the refrigerator. Give me a minute, and I'll look, all right?”
 
“Keh.”
 
Kagome put the teapot on the stove to boil water before she looked in the refrigerator. Sure enough, there was a container of the pickled radish, which she was fairly certain was what the hanyou wanted. There also was a new container of a dozen eggs. Kagome pulled out two for each of them.
 
Kagome handed InuYasha a small bowl and chopsticks so he could help himself to the pickled radish while she fried their eggs. It didn't take long for them to cook, and she put two on each of the two plates for them.
 
About that time the tea kettle was ready, and Kagome dropped a couple of tea bags into it. After letting it sit for a minute, she poured a cup for herself and one for InuYasha. Leaving the tea kettle within easy reach, she returned to her dinner of fried eggs.
 
They both were quiet while they ate, each lost in the thoughts of everything that had happened the last few days. InuYasha had practically inhaled his pickled radish and fried eggs and was now watching Kagome as he sipped on his tea. InuYasha knew he needed to speak to Kagome regarding what he learned from Sesshomaru, but perhaps it would be better to let her rest first. They were both very tired and needed a restful, peaceful sleep on a full belly. InuYasha was also grateful that the rest of her family was gone when they had arrived at the shrine. As much as he liked Kagome's family, he really needed some time to be alone with her.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kagome wondered what was going through the hanyou's thoughts as he sat across from her. She could tell he had something on his mind. While his eyes were focused on her, his mind seemed to be somewhere else entirely. Kagome knew it wouldn't do to push him before he was ready. InuYasha had to be allowed to do things in his own time. She just hoped he wouldn't take too long - they only had a week or so alone before her family returned.
 
However, at the moment Kagome was tired and wouldn't mind taking a bath and going to bed early.
 
“InuYasha?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“I'm really tired. I think I want to take a bath and go to bed early, alright?”
 
InuYasha nodded.
 
“Do you want to take a bath after I'm through?”
 
InuYasha really wanted to take one with her but was afraid to say that out loud, so instead all he said was, “Yeah.”
 
“I'll let you know when I'm done,” Kagome said as she put her plate in the sink and headed up to her bedroom.
 
Kagome didn't take long. She ended up just taking a quick shower. She might soak longer in the bath tomorrow. For now, she felt much better just getting the dust off of her. After pulling on a pair of pajamas that consisted of a tank top and shorts for the warm weather, Kagome went and found a pair of boxers she knew her mother had bought for InuYasha on one of their shopping trips. They were trying to get him accustomed to modern clothes when he left the shrine grounds. As long as they weren't too binding, he was willing to tolerate them. However, after seeing him bound up in the fundoshi, Kagome had to wonder how comfortable that thing was. Kagome also blushed when she thought she would like to see her hanyou in only the fundoshi - just before she unwrapped the gift it concealed.
 
Kagome decided she had been around the monk too long - she was turning into a hentai.
 
Kagome shook those thoughts from her head and called InuYasha up the stairs. She handed him the boxers and told him he could wear them to sleep in. InuYasha had been here enough that he knew how to work the bath and shower. He returned to Kagome's bedroom fairly quickly. Apparently he had been satisfied with a brief shower as well. He blushed as she looked at him in nothing but the boxers.
 
“Where do you want me to sleep?” InuYasha asked quietly.
 
“Do you want to sleep in here, with me?” Kagome asked.
 
“On the floor?” InuYasha questioned. He had slept on her floor many times.
 
“No, on the bed with me,” Kagome answered shyly.
 
“You're sure?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Yeah,” Kagome replied. She wanted things to progress from where they were, not remain the same or go back to the way they had been. She had no way of knowing that the hanyou was hoping for the same thing as her.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kagome threw back the covers on her bed and climbed in, indicating that she wanted InuYasha to join her. He climbed in and wrapped his arms around her, content for their bodies to be spooned together for the moment. InuYasha nuzzled the back of her neck and shoulder as he tried to get comfortable; the movements sent chills down Kagome's spine as he breathed softly on her neck and ear. She wrapped her arms around his and snuggled back into him, waiting for sleep to take her away.
 
She woke in the middle of the night with a claw stroking her breast. Somehow InuYasha's hand had traced up under her shirt and was gently caressing her nipple. Not certain if he was doing this in his sleep, or if he was awake, Kagome lay still and enjoyed the sensations that were running through her body at his simple attentions. However, it wasn't long before she felt the heat pooling in her lower regions, and she knew she wanted more. As subtly as she could, Kagome changed her position so that she was lying on her back in front of InuYasha, rather than on her side. She managed to tug her top up and off so that her breasts were bared.
 
Kagome gasped when she felt the warm mouth descend upon her nipple as his hand started to caress the other breast. InuYasha swirled his tongue around and around until the nipple was hard while he stroked the other with his palm and clawed thumb. With the hand that was pinned somewhat between her and the hanyou, she traced his abdomen and slipped her hand inside his boxers. She heard a soft hiss from him as she took her thumb and rubbed the moisture at the head before her thumb started tracing circles around the rapidly hardening erection.
 
InuYasha couldn't help but to respond when he felt Kagome's hand working its way under the waistband of the boxers. Continuing to lavish her breast with his tongue, the hand that was fondling the other breast trailed down her flat stomach and slipped inside her shorts. He was surprised to discover she had not worn underwear as his hand quickly found her nest of curls. In response to his explorations, he realized that Kagome had spread her legs and bent her knees to make it easier for him to access her. Encouraged by her reaction, he reached between her folds and started to stroke, causing a sigh of relief to escape from the miko. Remembering what he had learned in his `dream,' InuYasha found the pearl that seemed to bring her so much pleasure and started to rub, dipping his third and fourth fingers inside of her. To feel her bucking into his hand excited the hanyou further. Turning of her breast loose, he leaned into her and kissed her, plunging his tongue into her mouth.
 
They felt like they were in heaven, and this time they were awake and knew it was real. InuYasha continued to kiss her until they both had to gasp for air. By now she was bucking into his hand, in rhythm to his thrusts into hers.
 
“Oh, Kami, don't stop!”
 
“Oh `gome, harder…please…harder…”
 
“Inu...Yasha...so...close...”
 
“That's...it...al...most...there...” InuYasha panted.
 
Responding to each other's cries of harder and faster, they picked up the pace as Kagome gripped InuYasha so tightly she was afraid she would hurt him, and InuYasha rubbed her as hard as he dared.
 
“Oh…oh…aaaaaahhhhh,” cried InuYasha as his seed spilled over Kagome's hand.
 
“InuYashaaaaa!” Kagome cried with him as she released and her juices coated his fingers.
 
Each gently fondled the other as they came down from their high. InuYasha leaned over to kiss Kagome again as he continued to gently stroke her.
 
When InuYasha finally removed his hand, he put his fingers in his mouth and sensuously licked them. Wanting to taste more, he gently tugged at Kagome's pajama bottoms.
 
Kagome wanted more as well and raised her hips so that he could pull them free. Tossing the shorts aside, InuYasha leaned over and tentatively licked at her curls. Kagome gasped when she realized what he wanted to do, and she spread her legs further apart, bending her knees, to allow him further access.
 
InuYasha probed gently with his tongue. She had always driven him insane with her scent, but Kami she tasted so much better. Pulling her apart with the fingers of one hand, he slowly ran his tongue over her warm core.
 
Kagome couldn't help herself. In spite of the orgasm she had just experienced, this felt so good. She thrust herself into him, begging for more.
 
InuYasha heard his miko gasp and her breathing become ragged when he thrust his tongue into her. He took his thumb and started to rub that little nub that was now swollen as he plunged the wet muscle into her as hard and deeply as he could. Kagome started bucking into him as her body reacted to his attentions. She seemed to have a hard time catching her breath, but he could hear her pleas for more along with his name in broken gasps. Before he knew it, InuYasha felt her walls clenching around his tongue, trying to draw it even further in. Suddenly, all of her juices began to flow down into his mouth. InuYasha continued to stroke her inner walls with his tongue as his hand moved up to make soothing circular motions on her abdomen. When he thought she had probably had enough, he finally relinquished his place between her legs and moved back up alongside her.
 
“Oh, Kami. InuYasha. I've never felt anything like that. Thank you,” Kagome said hoarsely before she pulled his mouth to hers and reached up to gently stroke an ear.
 
For once, InuYasha didn't make any comments about her wanting to touch his ears. Instead, he leaned into her hand.
 
“So you actually like that, hum?” Kagome asked quietly.
 
InuYasha responded with a low growl that Kagome understood to mean `yeah.'
 
As she continued to stroke his ear gently by rubbing the inside of it with her thumb, she trailed her other hand around both nipples until they became hard and then continued down so that she was rubbing his already hard erection through his boxers. Turning his ear loose, she scooted down the bed and tugged at his boxers with both hands. Complying with her request, InuYasha raised his hips enough so she could remove them and toss them aside.
 
InuYasha was stunned when he felt her warm mouth descend upon him. He gasped loudly when he felt her tongue swirl around his head and then start to run up and down his shaft.
 
“Ka…Kagome…you don't have to…”
 
“Let me do this, InuYasha. I want to,” Kagome said softly before she went back to what she was doing.
 
She suckled his two testicles and then darted her tongue back up his shaft, briefly sucking in the head before trailing back down the other side. She could feel that he was really tensing up and finally pulled the head into her mouth. Wrapping her hand around the base because he was too large for her to take him all in, she started to work him, bobbing her head up and down in rhythm with her hand.
 
“Oh, `gome…har…der…please…har…der,” InuYasha begged.
 
Kagome wrapped her other hand around him as well and pulled as much into her mouth as she could, using her tongue to stroke him.
 
“ `gome…I'm…gonna…”
 
Too late, he exploded into her mouth. Kagome had pulled as much in as she could and slammed down hard one last time as she felt he was going to explode. InuYasha placed his hand on her head to get her to stop her motion. Kagome swallowed as he poured himself into her. When he had finally stopped, she cleaned him up, and then scooted up alongside him.
 
“Oh, fuck, thank you, `gome,” InuYasha panted. It was the most incredible thing he had ever felt.
 
Kagome reached over and kissed him softly as she reached up to rub his ear once again. InuYasha responded by wrapping both of his arms around her and pulling her on top of him, holding her close as he breathed in her calming scent.
 
“I know, InuYasha. I love you, too,” Kagome said softly before she tugged the covers up over them, snuggled into his chest, and drifted off to sleep.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kaede was sitting in her hut in silence, eating a bowl of stew. She had been disappointed that the others had been so quick to decide that InuYasha had run off and stayed away on his own and had refused Kagome's pleas to help her find him. They did not seem willing to accept that the hanyou had changed. Yes, he had been incredibly confused when her sister was brought back to life in the form of a clay doll by the witch Urasue, but InuYasha had eventually come to realize that his place was with Kagome.
 
Kaede had felt a great deal of relief when Shippou had returned from the well with the young miko's bow. Kaede was certain that Kagome would not abandon InuYasha if she thought he was in trouble. Yes, she did get angry with him and run off through the well at times, but Kaede knew that Kagome only wanted the hanyou to come and get her. The old miko couldn't imagine that she would do that if she thought InuYasha needed her help. Though it had been brief, Kaede was fairly certain that she had felt the two of them return together before they vanished. Perhaps on the other side of the well, away from the prying eyes of the others, they would be able to make their peace with each other. It was clear to her that the two of them loved each other, but both were terrified of revealing their feelings. The old miko knew nothing could ever happen as long as the monk, demon slayer, and kitsune kept butting in and trying to give unneeded and sometimes harmful advice.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kagome woke up in the same position she had gone to sleep in, snuggled into InuYasha's chest, though sometime during the night she had worked her hands around his body. InuYasha's arms were wrapped securely around her. She opened her eyes to see amber ones looking softly at her.
 
“Hey,” InuYasha said, not wanting to turn her loose. He didn't want this dream to come to an end.
 
“Good morning,” Kagome said and then kissed him softly. “Thank you for last night.”
 
InuYasha buried his nose into her shoulder, feeling the pulse that he knew Sesshomaru had told him about. “Kagome, we need to talk.”
 
Kagome pried her hands out from under him and was now fingering his rosary, resting her chin on her hands. “What is it, InuYasha?”
 
“Can we get dressed before I do something you might not want me to? I need to tell you some things,” InuYasha said seriously.
 
Kagome retrieved her pajamas and pulled them back on. She would put on some clean clothes after she had breakfast and had a chance to take a shower.
 
“I'll be right back, InuYasha,” Kagome said before she ran down the hall to the bathroom.
 
InuYasha found his boxers and put them back on, went down to use the other bathroom, and then came back and sat down on the bed.
 
Kagome sat next to him and pulled his hand into her lap. “What is it, InuYasha? What do you need to tell me?”
 
“You know that Sesshomaru told us our souls have bonded as mates, even though we aren't actually mated.”
 
Kagome nodded.
 
“He told me that we should seriously consider completing the process. Otherwise, another demon could snatch you and claim you by force. If that happens, you would probably die after being torn away from me, and then I would die as well. Kagome, I couldn't live without you.”
 
A tear trailed down Kagome's cheek, and she choked back a sob.
 
“Kagome, I'm sorry. I should have known it would be too much to ask.”
 
“Baka…I've never wanted anyone but you. Are you saying you really want to become mates, to complete the ritual?” Kagome wiped away her tears.
 
InuYasha nodded. “But I have to tell you that there are two parts. It is up to you whether or not you want to complete the second half.”
 
Kagome nodded in understanding. “What do we have to do?”
 
InuYasha proceeded to tell her everything that Sesshomaru had told him regarding the mating ritual and marks. He also explained the blood bond to her, and how it would tie her lifespan to his if she marked him in return.
 
“You mean I would live as long as you would? You'd never have to be alone again? We'd be together forever?” Kagome asked quietly.
 
“Well, not exactly forever. I'm not immortal like a full demon, but I will live for a very long time,” InuYasha replied.
 
“Do you want me to be you for the rest of your life?” Kagome asked seriously.
 
InuYasha just nodded. He couldn't speak right at the moment.
 
Kagome threw her arms around him. “I can't ever imagine a minute of my life without you. If you want me with you, then I want to be with you.”
 
“There's something else you need to know,” InuYasha finally said.
 
Kagome looked at him expectantly, so he explained to her how he would only be able to make her pregnant on either the night of the new moon, when they would have a human child, or the night of the full moon, when the pup would be a hanyou.
 
“So you mean we can be together, and that's the only time we have to worry about my getting pregnant?” Kagome asked. She knew her mother wanted grandchildren but not before she finished school.
 
InuYasha nodded.
 
Kagome just hugged him again and whispered huskily, “When do you want to do this?”
 
InuYasha grinned and kissed her before he said, “After we have something to eat, but before your family comes home. We both still need to get our strength back first.”
 
Kagome leaned over and kissed him before she said, “I need to take a shower before I get dressed. And after breakfast, we need to go to the market. Do you want to come with me?”
 
“Yeah, I'll go to the market with you,” InuYasha replied.
 
Kagome whispered breathily into his ear, “I meant to the shower.”
 
InuYasha blushed but nodded.
 
Kagome took his hand and led him down the hall. She closed the door and reached in to turn on the shower, careful not to get it too hot. She didn't want InuYasha running wet and naked through the house.
 
InuYasha blushed as Kagome pulled off her top and bottoms and was naked before him. Kagome flushed all over when she saw him looking at her.
 
InuYasha had seen the miko nude before, but he had never had her before him like this in this much light. He could feel himself becoming hard again at the sight of her. Kami, in spite of the fading cuts and bruises, she was beautiful, perfect. He still couldn't believe she wanted to be his.
 
Kagome knew better than to giggle, but right now InuYasha looked like a deer caught in the headlights. She decided she had better break his trance and moved to him. Taking both hands, she grabbed the waistband of his boxers and pulled them down. Now Kagome blushed and stared. She knew he felt huge in her hand and mouth, but would all of that fit inside her?
 
Kagome whispered, “Kami, is all of that going to be mine? Will it fit?”
 
InuYasha wrapped his arms around her and chuckled. “I'm sure it will. My father managed to mate with my mother, and he was a full Inu Youkai.”
 
Kagome blushed deeper at that implication.
 
Kagome broke away from that thought as she became aroused again. If they weren't careful, they would end up completing the mating in the bathroom, and Kagome would prefer to use her bed. She took InuYasha by the hand and led him into the shower. Closing the door, she did reach down and wrap her hand around him. She couldn't leave him this hard and not do something about it.
 
With one hand rubbing an ear, and the other his erection, Kagome started to stroke. InuYasha leaned into the hand that grasped his ear and started thrusting into the one below.
 
“Oh, `gome, har…der…just…a…little…more…Kagomeeeee!! ” InuYasha cried as he released into her hand.
 
Smelling her arousal in spite of the streaming hot water, InuYasha turned Kagome around and pulled her back into him. Kagome reached back and wrapped her arms around his neck, opening herself up further to him as he reached down between her folds to stroke her clit and fleshy nub while the other hand massaged her breast. He nipped and kissed her shoulder and neck and then surprised her by thrusting his tongue into her ear.
 
“Inu…Yasha…please…” Kagome couldn't finish her thought as InuYasha continued to fervently rub her clit between his thumb and forefinger as his middle and fourth fingers plunged inside.
 
Kagome began thrusting herself into his hand in rhythm as he tried to bring her to completion. She was panting as she felt the tension that had built up get ready to spring as it was released. “InuYashaaaaaa!” she cried as her walls clenched around his fingers and her juices poured out, running down her legs to join the water going down the drain.
 
Turning around and bringing his mouth to hers, Kagome gently kissed her hanyou before she whispered, “Thank you, InuYasha. Let's get cleaned up before I make you take me as your mate right here in the shower.”
 
“Keh,” InuYasha agreed as he blushed again.
 
InuYasha was content to stand and allow Kagome to wash his hair again. She had done a pretty good job of getting it clean after he was found, considering the circumstances, but he really wanted to scrub away all memories of that. He closed his eyes and tilted back his head as she scrubbed his scalp and mane with her fingers. He found himself growling in pleasure as she tended to him and was disappointed when she turned him around into the stream of water to rinse. He wasn't for long, though. He got to go through the process one more time as she applied a liberal amount of conditioner.
 
InuYasha was amazed at how good it felt for Kagome to scrub his scalp for him. Wondering if she would let him return the favor, he picked up her bottle of shampoo and turned towards her. Kagome smiled and turned her back to him after she had made sure her hair was good and wet. She felt shivers run up and down her spine in spite of the hot water as she felt his claws gently massage her scalp. Those claws that could rip his opponents to shreds were so gentle.
 
After her hair was shampooed and conditioned, she picked up her scrubbie that she used in the shower and took the bottle of soft soap. Soaping it up, she turned to InuYasha and scrubbed his chest and then his back. Deciding he might better do the rest himself if they were going to make it out of here before they either turned to prunes or the hot water ran out, InuYasha took the fluffy thing from her and proceeded to scrub the rest of his body. Content that he was good and clean, he applied some fresh soap to it and gently scrubbed Kagome's back and then turned her around and started on her chest. Kagome let a giggle escape her as she took the scrubbie back and finished soaping her own body. Her stomach was growling again, and they still needed to get groceries from the market. Now that each finally knew how the other felt, it didn't look like they would be getting enough of each other any time soon.
 
When they were through washing themselves and each other, Kagome wrapped her arms around InuYasha and just held him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead as he held her close. He barely heard her muffled voice as she spoke into his chest, “I love you, InuYasha.”
 
Here, alone, with no others to interfere, he was finally able to softly say, “I love you too, Kagome.”
 
 
They finally made it out of the shower and Kagome grabbed a couple of towels, throwing one to InuYasha. However, first he stepped back into the shower and closed the door to shake his head mostly free of the water. Well, at least he just didn't shake in the bathroom, hallway, or her bedroom any more. Kagome just grinned to herself as she wrapped another towel around her wet hair and headed back to her bedroom to get dressed, InuYasha trailing closely behind her like a puppy.
 
Kagome was starting to feel a bit light-headed and knew she needed to get some food into herself soon. Resisting the urge to turn around and grab her hanyou again, she headed towards her dresser and pulled out a clean pair of panties and put them on. She heard a sigh of disappointment from her soon-to-be mate. Kagome turned around and bumped into him, he was so close behind her. She couldn't get angry; he just wanted to be near her. The miko wrapped her arms around him again as she said, “I really need to get something to eat, and so do you. Let's get dressed and go downstairs, all right?”
 
InuYasha nodded and Kagome pulled his mouth to hers for a brief kiss. She added, “And then we need to go to the market and get some food so we don't have to leave the house for the rest of the week if we don't want to.”
 
InuYasha understood the implications of that and grinned and nodded. Besides, his stomach had started to rumble again too, and he had been shocked to see how thin Kagome looked without her clothes. How long had she gone without eating while she searched for him?
 
Kagome found a halter top and pair of shorts and put them on, and then helped InuYasha dress in a pair of loose fitting black jeans and a red tank top. Kagome caught her breath; man, did the hanyou look hot with his muscular arms exposed and the shirt clinging to his chiseled chest. She decided they better go downstairs before she ripped them right back off of him, though first she took a wide toothed comb and ran it through her hair and then through his. At least most of his tangles and mats were now gone.
 
“Okay, InuYasha. I think we can go downstairs and get something to eat now. Are fried eggs and cereal all right?” Kagome asked as she headed out of her bedroom.
 
“Keh,” InuYasha replied as he followed her. He had picked up the spike in her scent but knew they really did need to get something to eat.
 
Kagome put the teapot on to boil some more water as she pulled out two bowls and plates for their cereal and eggs. The miko decided before she poured the cereal in the bowls she should check and make sure the milk was still good. She opened the carton and she smelled it, finding it smelled okay to her but passed it to InuYasha anyway.
 
“Will you check that and make sure it's still good? I can't always smell it when it first starts to go bad,” she told him.
 
InuYasha took a whiff of the carton in question, nodded his head and passed it back to her. That question answered, she poured some cereal in each of the two bowls and then poured the milk over them.
 
Handing InuYasha a spoon she said, “Here, you can go ahead and start while I fry the eggs. They'll only take a minute.”
 
“Keh,” InuYasha responded as he took the spoon and dug into the cereal.
 
The tea was ready so Kagome went ahead and poured a cup for each of them as she eggs fried over the stove. She cooked them enough so that they wouldn't be runny, and then placed two on each of the two plates. Handing one to InuYasha, she went ahead and dug into her eggs first.
 
They each cleaned up their eggs and cereal; in fact, InuYasha managed to put down a second bowl. Kagome made a note to herself to pick up more eggs and cereal when they went to the market since they had already eaten half of what was there since they came back from the past.
 
They cleaned up their dishes including the ones in the sink from last night when Kagome finally said, “Okay, are you ready to go shopping and get some food?”
 
InuYasha nodded, so she asked, “Do you want a hat or a bandana?”
 
“I like the bandana better; it's not as hard on my ears,” the hanyou replied.
 
Kagome took the money that Mama had left for her and counted it to make sure she didn't go overboard. Fortunately, Mama knew a hungry InuYasha could eat quite a lot and had left more than enough for the week. Tucking her wallet into her purse, she headed into the genkan to put on her sandals and pulled a pair out that were for InuYasha to wear away from the shrine.
 
The miko saw his ears flatten to his head and said, “Come on; you know you have to wear them in public. Besides, I thought the sandals didn't hurt your feet so much.”
 
InuYasha mumbled something that was incoherent to Kagome, but he did put them on. She pulled a black bandana out of the cupboard and said, “Here, you need this, too.”
 
This time she knew she didn't want to hear what he was mumbling. Kagome knew he hated to cover his ears, but he did understand that they couldn't be seen in public otherwise.
 
Picking up the spare key from where she had placed it the night before, Kagome said, “All right, let's go shopping.”
 
InuYasha followed her out of the door, and waited for her to lock it and then drop the key into her purse. After putting her purse over her shoulder, Kagome took his hand, interlacing their fingers together, and led him towards the grocery store that was a couple of blocks away.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Kagome knew good and well that she wanted to spend more time in InuYasha's arms than cooking, so after she picked up some cereal and eggs so she wouldn't forget, Kagome led her hanyou to the section that had lots of pre-packaged fresh food that they could eat. At first she wondered why he hadn't just insisted on the Ramen he knew was in the cabinet at home, but then realized that they both needed some real, substantial food after not eating for so long. As it was, the market had noodles with pork, noodles with chicken, noodles with vegetables, chicken or pork fried rice, and beef with potatoes among other things. Picking up several selections that should last them for at least two or three days, Kagome placed them in the basket as she told InuYasha, “That should do us for now. Anything else you want?”
 
She didn't get a reply; instead she saw what he was staring at - her three friends charging down the aisle at her. What the hell were they doing here?
 
Kagome tried to remain calm - they hadn't been so bad after they met InuYasha last time. Maybe, for once, they wouldn't try to drag her away to set her up with Hojo. To make it perfectly clear she was happy with InuYasha, she backed against InuYasha and drew his arms around her waist and wrapped her arms around his. InuYasha blushed at the public, blatant show of affection, but didn't pull away.
 
“Kagome! What are you doing here? We thought you went to Yokohama with your mother,” Ayume said.
 
“No, I had been away with InuYasha, with his family, and just got back. They didn't need me there and will be home in a few days, anyway,” Kagome said.
 
“Oh, so you're at the shrine alone?” Yuka said with mischievousness in her voice.
 
“Not exactly,” Kagome replied. “What are you guys doing here, anyway? This isn't exactly your neck of the woods.”
 
“They hired the hottest two guys to work here. You haven't seen them? They're twins,” Eri said with a grin.
 
“If there are only two, who gets left out?” Kagome asked.
 
“Well, they are so hot that we would be willing to share, but Yuka isn't interested. She's going out with Hojo now since he finally gave up on you,” Ayume responded.
 
Kagome also noticed that Eri was looking InuYasha over. “Well, you guys might be willing to share, but I'm certainly not. Good luck with the twins,” Kagome said, hoping that they would get the message and go on their way.
 
It didn't work.
 
“Hey Kagome, if you're at the shrine all alone…” Eri started.
 
“NO,” Kagome said firmly.
 
“No to what?” Eri asked.
 
“No parties, no sleepovers, no anything. Don't even think about it. Mama's very firm about the rules when she isn't home. I'd like to get through my last year of school without being grounded for the entire year,” Kagome answered.
 
“How would she know?” Ayume asked.
 
“Believe me, she would know. Just no,” Kagome said firmly.
 
Well, she couldn't just out and out say that InuYasha was planning to claim her as his mate, and she wanted to have wild and wanton sex with him for the rest of the week. No, that really wouldn't do at all. She hoped they would accept her answer and go on their way.
 
“Besides, Mama could show back up at any time. They were only waiting for his son to get there so they can come home.” There, hopefully that would seal the deal.
 
“Awe, we were hoping to spend some time with you,” Ayume said.
 
“I thought you wanted to spend time with the twins? I thought you said they were hot?” Kagome asked.
 
“Oh yeah! Bye, Kagome!” they yelled as they went searching through the store for the boys.
 
Kagome turned around and smiled at InuYasha. “Well, thank the Kami they're gone. Are you ready to get our stuff and get out of here?”
 
“Yeah,” InuYasha answered with a grin. He had smelled the spike in her scent as she was trying to convince the girls to go on their way, and he was pretty sure neither they nor those twins had anything to do with it.
 
To be continued…