InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live for the Music ❯ And You Wonder Why I Hate You! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Geez guys I know it's taking so long for me to update. But I was hit with an idea last night and I started changing some stuff. So I'd concider re-reading what I've written so far. Also, I don't think I'm going to be putting up author notes unless it's something important and I'll do review stuff every few chapters like I've been doing. That way it's less cluttered. But I will be putting up a little key for some of the japanese terms I use incase I use some none of you are sure about ^_^ *snugs all of her wonderful readers and gives them all plushies*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Live For The Music

Chapter One- And you Wonder why I Hate you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All right Kagome, try it again from the top," Sango -a beautiful teenage girl, with long black hair which she usually wore back in a high ponytail, not to mention the strange obsession she had with dark pink eye shadow-called to her from the back of the auditorium of their haisuku-ru. It had taken a lot of talking, to finally be able to practice here after school hours but they didn't mind. It'd be easier to get a feel for acoustics.

"Demo! Sango-chan that was the 5th time! I don't know how many more times I can sing that song, it's really low, and I keep getting mixed up with the piano part!" Kagome -an equally beautiful girl, with long black hair worn back in a messy bun, her gray-blue eyes clouding over in her frusteration- said into her microphone and turned to look at Sango and Ambrosia.

"Just do it Kagome, we don't have time to mess around right now, we only have a little bit of time in here you know that." Ambrosia -A girl with shoulder length light brown hair usually worn back in a low messy bun, and had sparkling green eyes-hollered back to her from her spot next to Sango in the back row of the auditorium.

"Fine, all right, whatever," she said back, and started playing the piano part to Evanessence's "Hello" putting as much feeling into it as she could, she opened her mouth and poured her soul into the lyrics.

'Playground school bell rings again

Rain clouds come to play again

Has no-one told you she's not breathing?

Hello I'm your mind giving you

Someone to talk to

Hello

If I smile and don't believe

Soon I know I'll wake from this dream

Don't try to fix me I'm not broken

Hello I'm the lie living for you so you can hide

Don't cry

Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping

Hello I'm still here

All that's left of yesterday'

She smiled as she pulled her hands away from the keyboard she was using, and looked out to her friends. "How was that," she asked waiting for, what she was hoping was the sign that she didn't have to play or sing that song anymore this practice.

"That was beautiful Kagome-chan! You should try to sing that way more often," Ambi said as her and Sango made their way up to the stage. "Now, we have enough time to run though another song, before THEY come in."

"In that case which one should we work on," Sango asked as she watched Kagome walk over to her guitar, knowing that Kagome had already picked a song and when the girl had her mind set on something, there was no turning back. "Well, your royal highness, what song do you have in mind now?"

"Honestly Sango-chan do you have to be so mean?" Kagome asked in mock hurt, then grinned. "Let's do 'Something to Sleep to'" She said as she strummed a few cords on her guitar, and waiting for an answer from her friends.

"Fine with me... What do you say Sango-chan?" Ambi answered looking over to Sango whom was now walking over to her drum set.

"Hai," with that they started the song.

'She's his yellow brick road

Leading him on

And letting him go as far

as she lets him go

Going down to nowhere,'

Kagome sang, watching her fingers on her guitar for a bit making sure she didn't slip, seeing as though she was known for doing just that. But that never stopped her, besides, no ones perfect right?

'She puts on her make-up

The same way she did yesterday

Hoping everything's the same

But everything has changed,"

This was about the time our trio's least favorite person snuck into the auditorium, and quietly stood in the back. As much as Inuyasha hated this group of girls, he'd still come in early to listen to the end of their practices. Yanno just to get an idea for what his band was up against for the up coming battle of the bands. Besides, as much as he'd never admit it out loud, he thought they are actually pretty good.

'In my mind

Everything we did was right

Open your eyes, I'll still be by your side

How could I ever have been so blind?

You give me something to sleep to

at night

He wakes up to the sound

So scared that she's leaving

He wishes she were still

asleep next to him

Hoping she will change

In my mind

Everything we did was right

Open your eyes, I'll still be by your side

How could I ever have been so blind?

You give me something to sleep to

at night

You give me something to sleep to

And all I know is

You give me something to dream to when I'm all alone and blue

Don't leave me now

Don't leave me now

Don't leave me now

Don't leave me now

Don't leave me now

Don't leave me now

Don't leave me now

Don't leave me now

In my mind

Everything we did was right

Open your eyes, I'll still be by your side

How could I ever have been so blind?

You give me something to sleep to

Something to sleep to

Something to sleep to at night'

They finished the song without interruption, and finally Inuyasha being the ass he always was to them, made himself noticed by making a snide remark about the song, and the fact that Kagome couldn't play guitar for shit.

"Why you lousy no good piece of..." Kagome started but never finished as Sango slapped a hand over her mouth.

"Don't waste your time Kagome-chan, he's not worth it." Ambi said looking at her friend whom was fuming. She had to laugh at her friends efforts though. 'Quite right she was,' she thought to herself, 'Inuyasha is a piece of shit.'

"Besides, it's not like he's any better, so what does it matter?" Sango stated as if it weren't anything new to them. "He's always sucked for as long as we've known him, and he will continue to suck until the day he dies!"

"You know, you should really lay off Kagome-chan, Inuyasha. She has alot of talent, plus I don't see anyone person in your band who bounces around from instrument to instrument like Kagome does. She's always had a go at every instrument," Ambi stated with a sort of pride shining in her eyes. She always looked up to Kagome's ressai and sometimes wondered if she could pull off being a hitorishibai.

"Keh, you say that like you think I'd actually care," He said laughing a bit. "Why should I care? Obviously she does it because she's not good at any of the instruments she plays, so to make up for it she goes from instrument to instrument ."

"That was so not the right thing to say my friend," Inuyasha heard his friend Miroku say as he walked up to stand beside him. "That was definitely not the right the to..." he trailed off as he watched Kagome jump off the stage and literally start pummeling the hell out of Inuyasha.

"Where do you come off, talking to me like that? Huh? Do you think it's funny to talk down to us because we're lower on the social ladder then you are? Well, you know what, I'm going to teach you a little lesson," she yelled as she continued to beat the hell out of the kid. But before she could continue her little rant she was being pried off of Inuyasha by her friends. "AND YOU WONDER WHY I HATE YOU YOU HIRETSUKAN!"

"Kagome-chan, give it up seriously it's not really worth it," and with that the girls lugged their equipment out of the auditorium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You truly are stupid my friend," Miroku said as he helped Inuyasha to his feet. "By now you should know Kagome is quite touchy when it comes to her music. Since this is the fifth time in the last week she's literally kicked your ass," he lectured his friend.

"Keh, it doesn't even hurt you baka, so why the hell should I care?" he stated in a bored tone. The truth was, she had a lot of strength in her. He let out an annoyed 'Keh' and went about setting up his amp, guitar, and microphone. "Besides, she's the most annoying pain in the ass I've ever met!" he exclaimed brushing some of his black hair out of his eyes.

"Who is," a new voice asked, as it joined them on the stage.

"Hey Kouga," Inuyasha muttered and continued to rant under his breath about Kagome. Causing his friends to bust out laughing. "WHAT'S SO FUNNY?!"

"She got'cha again did she? That's to rich, you letting a lowly person like that get to you. That is too rich," Kouga stated and started to laugh again. This happened alot lately, not that it mattered much to him, but it was great to see his friend so annoyed, and besides it helped to get Inuyasha so pissed about something. For some reason or another, practices weren't as good as they were when he wasn't pissed about something.

"Awe shit, that little bitch forgot some of her stuff," Inuyasha muttered as he looked up after noticing a bunch of her school books laying at his feet. "Yup, they're hers all right, I think I'll hold them ransom."

"Come on Inuyasha give me my books," he heard her voice from in front of the stage.

"Why should I," He asked as he bent down and picked her stuff up, laughing as he watched her push herself up onto the stage from the spot where she stood.

"Because I have a really big Honors Physics test tomorrow and I need to study for it, now give me the books or I could kick your ass in front of all your little friends," she hollered in his ear, then shoved him backwards.

"I'd be careful Inuyasha, her friends aren't here to stop her this time, so things are a little different," Kouga snorted out, laughing when he saw the look on Inuyasha's face, as Kagome held him down and literally pried his hands off her books.

"Don't be such an ass next time," she glared at him as she quickly got up and left the auditorium.

"Okay well, now that that little bit of randomness is over, we should get started," Miroku said looking around the stage making sure everything was set up, which it was.

"Fine," Inuyasha yelled and walked over to his guitar and started playing a few cords. "Well, what are you waiting for! Let's play some frigging music," he yelled annoyed.

"Right, um let's do 'Somewhere I Belong'" Miroku said as he sat down behind his drum set, and Kouga picked up his bass, and they started with Kouga and Miroku supporting Inuyasha with back up vocals when needed.

'(When this began)

I had nothing to say

And I get lost in the nothingness inside of me

(I was confused)

And I let it all out to find

That I’m not the only person with these things in mind

(Inside of me)

But all that they can see the words revealed

Is the only real thing that I’ve got left to feel

(Nothing to lose)

Just stuck, hollow and alone

And the fault is my own, and the fault is my own

[Chorus]

I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought was never real

I wanna let go of the pain I’ve felt so long

(Erase all the pain till it’s gone)

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real

I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along

Somewhere I belong

And I’ve got nothing to say

I can’t believe I didn’t fall right down on my face

(I was confused)

Looking everywhere only to find

That it’s not the way I had imagined it all in my mind

(So what am I)

What do I have but negativity

’Cause I can’t justify the way, everyone is looking at me

(Nothing to lose)

Nothing to gain, hollow and alone

And the fault is my own, and the fault is my own

[Repeat Chorus]

I will never know myself until I do this on my own

And I will never feel anything else until my wounds are healed

I will never be anything till I break away from me

I will break away, I'll find myself today

[Repeat Chorus]

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m somewhere I belong

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m somewhere I belong

Somewhere I belong,'

They ended the song, and Inuyasha still felt bitter so they'd have to think of annoying pissed off song for him to feed his anger into. Kouga being quite the quick one, was the first to suggest the next song. "How about we do 'Headstrong' by Trapt." With a nod from everyone they started again with Inuyasha doing the lead vocals.

'Circling your head, contemplating everything you ever said,

now I see the truth, I got doubt,

a different motive in your eyes and now I'm out, see you later.

I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality paved in gold,

See inside, inside of our heads (yeah)

Well now that's over, I see your motives inside, decisions to hide.

Back off we'll take you on,

Headstrong to take on anyone,

I know that you are wrong,

Headstrong we're headstrong,

Back off we'll take you on,

Headstrong to take on anyone,

I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong.

I can't give everything away,

I won't give everything away.

Conclusions manifest, your first impressions got to be your very best,

I see your full of shit, and that's alrite, that's how you play,

I guess you'll get through every night, well now that's over.

I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality paved in gold,

See inside, inside of our heads (yeah)

Well now that's over, I see your motives inside, decisions to hide.

Back off we'll take you on,

Headstrong to take on anyone,

I know that you are wrong,

Headstrong we're headstrong,

Back off we'll take you on,

Headstrong to take on anyone,

I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong.

I can't give everything away,

I won't give everything away.

I know I know all about (x4)

your motives inside, and your decisions to hide.

Back off we'll take you on,

Headstrong to take on anyone,

I know that you are wrong,

Headstrong we're headstrong,

Back off we'll take you on,

Headstrong to take on anyone,

I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong.

I can't give everything away,

I won't give everything away.

"God that felt great," Inuyasha said when they finished the song. "But unfortunately, I'm also in the Honors Physics class and I need to go study for it," he huffed rather annoyed.

"All right guy, we'll see you tomorrow," Kouga said as he and Miroku both started packing up as well, with no real reason to stay.

"Yeah, see ya tomorrow," he quickly walked out of the auditorium and made his way out of the school to his red three door extended cab S 10, and placed his stuff in the back seat. Taking off out of the parking lot as soon as possible. He was still pretty pissed off that that stupid socially declined girl picked a fight with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< br />
Dictionary-

Ressai: inferior talents.
Haisuku-ru: high school.
Demo: but/however
Hai: yes
Hitorishibai: one man band
hiretsukan: mean bastard