InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live for the Music ❯ Inuyasha's Feelings, and a Date ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own nothing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Live For The Music

Chapter nine- Inuyasha's feelings, and a Date

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome woke a few hours later to find something that in her mind stood out as odd. 'Why is Inuyasha still here? Better yet, why is he in bed with me?' she looked at his face-which was turned towards her-and smiled. 'He looks so peaceful.'

She reached up and moved his bangs from his eyes causing him to shift to his side, and wrap his arm around her waist. 'What's going on here? Sure he's still asleep, but surely Inuyasha would never be so intimate with me,' she thought, blinking a few times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours later Sango walked into her sister's room to what could be considered a compromising position. Inuyasha had an arm loosely wrapped around Kagome's waist and Kagome pulled up close against him. They were both asleep still, and were quite obviously comfortable. So she backed out of the room and quietly shut the door.

'Wonder what that's all about,' she thought as she walked down the hall to her room. 'I think it's adorable that they got so cozy so quickly. I want thatttt!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha woke the next morning quite startled. There was someone laying beside him... someone female. He blinked his eyes, to make sure if he was seeing correctly. 'Why would I still be in bed with Kagome?'

He turned his attention to the digital clock on the night stand and blinked. It was 8:10 am and they were quite late for school. 'Why didn't Sango wake us up?!'

Looking down at Kagome he frowned. 'She looks really peaceful, but I should wake her up before we're later then we already are.' With that last thought in place, he lightly shook her, "Kag, come on it's time to get up now."

"Not now," she murmured and rolled over.

"Kagome, wakey wakey!" he said again shaking her a little harder. "Seriously get up we're late for school."

With that Kagome's eyes flew open wide and she bolted straight up only to let out a whimper of pain. "Owwwwww!"

"Okay so on second thought, you stay here and rest some more," he said and lightly pushed her back down on her bed. "That way you can get better sooner."

"Inuyasha, I'm going to school damnit."

"Iie, your not!"

"Hai, I am!"

"Iie, your not!"

"Hai!"

"Iie!

"HAAIIIII!"

"What's going on in here?! Can't a girl get any sleep around here?" Sango asked as she barged into the room. "Oh by the way, school was canceled and I don't think any of us are going anywhere for a while. We're pretty much snowed in."

"NANI!?" Kagome and Inuyasha yelled in unison.

"And you failed to tell us of this why," Kagome asked as she laid back down. "Owwie"

"Eh, you two looked so sweet I didn't want to disturb you," she answered.

They both blushed, causing Sango to break out laughing.

"What's so funny Sango," Inuyasha asked glaring at the girl, she just kept laughing.

"It's just, it's quite obvious."

"What is?" Kagome inquired.

"Well, you see... When you walk into a bedroom to see two people that close together, it's quite obvious that, well those two people are pretty intimately close."

"NANI?!" they both yelled and looked away from each other blushing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later Kagome was sleeping again, with Inuyasha sitting on the floor next to the bed watching her. He'd never admit it to anyone, but he had actually admired Kagome for a while now. Of course he would, even if she wasn't the nicest of people, she was still beautiful, inside and out. She had this light to her, that seemed to demand attention and he wanted nothing more then to give her what she wanted. He'd always wanted to give her the sort of attention she deserved but knew he couldn't. Not with the friends he had now, but he knew he'd have to give them up eventually.

'Anything for her,' he thought laying his head down on the bed, he continued to watch her. 'Something's wrong,' he thought as he watched her once peaceful face turn into a grimace of pain and let out a whimper. 'Maybe I should do something, maybe I should get Sango. Maybe I should just wake her up... Yeah that's what I'll do.'

"Kagome," he shook her lightly. "Come on Kag, wake up damnit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome was looking around wildly. A feeling of dread had settled in as the icy winds bit at her. Their voices harsh on her ears. The world was blindingly cold and white. Moving slowly forward, not realizing she was moving at all. Then her eyes landed on something in the snow. It was a brilliant red and caught her eye. She walked up too it, and touched the red spot of snow. Drawing her hand away she looked at it. Her hand...was covered in blood.

Kagome desperately tried wiping it off her, but was startled to notice she was dressed in all white, causing her to blink. 'Why am I dressed in white,' she thought. 'And why is there blood everywhere,' she looked at her blood covered hand in panic.

'What was that,' she asked herself when she heard screaming somewhere in the back of her mind. 'was it me that I heard screaming? Am I remembering something,' she frowned. 'Or was it someone else's screams?' Dread gripped her with its icy hands. She didn't want to think about...why she was dressed in white...why the only color she saw was blood red.....why she really was not feeling the cold like she should...

She moved farther in this surreal world that she found herself in. Moving forward she walked into a cave which became a house. Looking around she noted that the house was as stark white as the world around her. There were spots of red splattered everywhere.

She turned suddenly seeing Inuyasha dressed in white as well, red splattered on his kimono. He looked at her as if she was a dream.

"We are dead?" Kagome said softy. "We are wearing white?"

"Kikyo said we could never be together alive while she lived." Inuyasha stated with his infuriating calmness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome sat up startled, her breathing irate. 'Just then, what was it supposed to me?' she asked herself looking around. She let out a sigh of relief noting that she was in her room, and Inuyasha was still alive and everything was fine. "I was so scared," she said throwing herself on him, not caring about her condition.

"Ka-kagome, what happened," he asked lightly wrapping an arm around her. 'She's trembling, what happened to her?'

"We died, because Kikyo didn't want us to be together," she whimpered.

"Everything was so white, and there was blood everywhere," she explained burrowing her face into his chest.

"Shh, it's all right Kag," he whispered as he stroked her hair. "I'll never let any of that happen, I promise."

She simply nodded her head and squeezed him tighter. 'It'll be all right now,' he told himself. 'I'll make sure of it,' he smiled a little.

"Inuyasha," she whispered. "This feels nice."

"Hmm, what does Kag?"

"This," she said and held him a little tighter. "I want us to always be able to comfort eachother, and..."

"I kinda like it to Kag," he said his smile widening.

"Don't leave me."

"Kesshite."

She looked up at him and smiled weakly. 'What is this feeling?' she thought and she felt the butterflies flutter in her stomach.

"You should get some more rest Kag. You need it," he stated.

"I-iie! I don't want to have to go through that again," she whimpered burrowing her head back into his chest, she started crying again.

"Kagome," he chuckled a little. "It's okay, you don't have to if you don't want to," he rubbed her back some more. "Just try to rirakkusu a little all right?"

Again she nodded her reply, and he could feel the tension in her muscles dissipate. "That's my girl," he whispered.

She pulled away from him again, and looked him in the eye. 'What's that look?' she asked herself. 'There's so much there,' she smiled. "Your eyes are beautiful," she
giggled. "But what's with the muddled emotions Inuyasha?"

He laughed, "I'm not quite sure how to explain it..." He sat in deep thought for a minute before, "I got it! Kagome I want to do something, do you think it'd be all right if the guys came over?" she nodded her head.

"I want to do something for you to," she mumbled and watched as Inuyasha pulled out his cell phone. He dialed a few numbers and talked in a hushed voice to whoever it was on the other line.

"All right, they'll be here soon."

"Hold on I need to get Ambi over here. Wait a minute, how are they getting over here? I thought we were snowed in?"

"Well, technically we are, but they'll manage."

Kagome nodded, then picked up the phone and called Ambi, and told her to come over as quickly as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty minutes later, everyone but Kagome and Inuyasha sat in the basement of her house. Inuyasha wanted to wait until everything was set up before he drug her down there. But he figured that it wouldn't take to long.

"All right, let's go down there," he said as he helped her up.

"So what exactly is it your doing?"

He grinned, "you'll see!"

When they finally got down to the basement everyone smiled. It seemed everyone but Kagome knew what was about to take place. She watched as Inuyasha walked over to his guitar--which Miroku picked up for him-on the way-and picked it up. Kouga and Miroku were already set at their instruments.

"Ready," Miroku asked.

"Yeah," Inuyasha and Kouga said in unison, and they all started in on the song.

"Another day is going by

I'm thinking about you all the time

But you're out there

And I'm here waiting

And I wrote this letter in my head

'Cuz so many thing were left unsaid

But now you're gone

And I can't think straight

This could be the one last chance

To make you understand

I'd do anything

Just to hold you in my arms

To try to make you laugh

Somehow I can't put you in the past

I'd do anything

Just to fall asleep with you

Will you remember me?

'Cuz I know I won't forget you

Together we broke all the rules

Dreaming of dropping out of school

And leave this place

To never come back

So now maybe after all these years

If you miss me have no fear

I'll be here

I'll be waiting

This could be the one last chance to make you understand

And I just can't let you leave me once again

I close my eyes

And all I see is you

I close my eyes I try to sleep

I can't forget you

Nanana (....)

And I'd do anything for you

I'd do anything

To fall asleep with you

I'd do anything

There's nothing I won't do

I'd do anything

To fall asleep with you

I'd do anything

'Cuz I know I won't forget you"

"Inuyasha..."

He smiled. "Well?"

"Move it!" she exclaimed pushing him out of her way and made for her guitar, Kai and Sango following right behind. "All right, you know which song."

The girls nodded and started in.

"Don't only wanna dream about you, yeah

But a dream like this should never be this hard

If I should live this life without you, yeah

I'd come back and try it from the start

And I'll show you love

Because we're all alone

Put business aside

For life passes by

And I'll part your hair

When it's in your eyes

Love

Little red houses down under in my mind

Got an 8x10 for ya to sign

Never had the need to know ya, yeah

Until I heard you sing to me at night

Now all I wanna do is show ya, yeah

How to turn the darkness into light

And I'll show you love

Because we're all alone

Put business aside

For life passes by

And I'll part your hair

When it's in your eyes

Love

Dirty stained jeans with the patches on the side

Got an 8x10 for ya to sign

And I'm comin' around"

Kagome finally looked up only to be met face to face with Inuyasha. She blushed a little at having him so close to her. She wasn't sure why, but this time it was really uncomfortable for her. 'Probably because I don't really know how he's going to react to that.'

"Let's leave them alone for a while," she heard Sango say to the others, and then again when they left up the stairs.

"So," she said feeling uneasy, and he could tell. "What'd you think?"

"It was beautiful," he said pulling her--lightly--into a hug.

"So what now?"

"Well, how about I take you somewhere to eat? Then we can come back here," he said and laughed nervously. "Of course if you don't feel up to it, that's all right as well."

"I'd love that Inuyasha," she said as she leaned up and kissed him on the cheek.

"You go get ready and I'll come back later to pick you up all right," he asked looking her in the eye. "something nice."

"Yes, sir!" she giggled.

He leaned down and kissed her. "I'll see you later," and with that he was up the stares and out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dictionary:

Kesshite: never
Rirakkusu: relax