InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live for the Music ❯ Please Stay ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own nodda.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Live For The Music

Chapter Eight- Please Stay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your sure," Sango asked as she watched her younger sister move around gathering her school supplies and stuffing them in her back pack. "Because I'm not going to make you go if you don't feel up to it. I'm sure your still sore."

"I'm positive," the younger of the two said rolling her eyes. "A little pain never hurt anyone. I think I'll be all right."

"Fine, but if I catch you within a ten foot radius of Kikyo I'll ground you. Understood?"

"Yes, Sango, now lets go or we'll be late!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All right class, today we're going to be going over that test you took last Thursday," Mrs.Shouse said as soon as the bell had rung.

Mrs.Shouse started calling names off two at a time, to get their tests. When she got to Kagome, she heard a little whimper as the girl pulled herself from her desk. This also caught a certain raven haired young man's attention.

"Are you all right," Mrs.Shouse asked once Kagome had gotten to the front.

"I'm fine."

"No really, I think you should go down to the nurse," she turned and looked around the room. "Hmm... Inuyasha I'm sure would be pleased to escort you down there."

"Demo I don't think I should be missing a class," Kagome whined. "That's the only reason I came today, and just going down to the nurses office isn't going to help."

"Oh and why not?"

"Because... SHE DOESN'T HAVE MY MEDICATION! THAT'S WHY NOT!"

"Inuyasha, take her... NOW!"

"Yes, ma'am," he started to get out of his seat.

"Don't you even think about it Yasha," Kagome muttered.

"Oh for fucks sake Kagome," he got out of his seat and walked towards the door. "Let's go."

"Fine damnit."

"Eh, that'll be a weeks detention for both of you. Inuyasha don't bother coming back to class."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Somehow, being within a 15 foot radius always seems to cause me more trouble then I deserve."

"Shut up Inuyasha," she whimpered.

"You should have stayed home," he muttered as they walked towards the office. "Sometimes I wonder what's going on up here," he continued, tapping on his head.

"Yanno what I really don't need to hear you chew me out. I got enough of that from Sango this morning."

"I could see why! She probably thought your insane!"

"Oh kami-sama! WILL YOU JUST SHUT THE HELL UP," she yelled.

He stopped dead and turned to look at her. "Listen, I might not have always been the nicest person on earth demo, I'm not the coldest either. I feel horrible about what that bitch did to you and since it was technically my fault, I've been trying to make it up to you. Demo how do I do that if you won't even notice that?"

"I have noticed okay? I mean I spent the whole of yesterday with you, and you stayed with me at the hospital while everyone else was afraid too."

"I understand why they would be now," he chuckled. "You weren't exactly the quietest person in the hospital."

"It's not my fault."

"Oh but it is!"

"Not this again," Kagome rolled her eyes and started walking again. "So what exactly are we going to do now?"

"I'm taking you to get your medication, then your staying in bed," he stated simply.

"Demo..."

"No, your staying in bed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For the last time Kagome, lay down and relax for the rest of the day. It won't hurt you or anything," Inuyasha said from where he sat on the edge of her bed pulling the blankets up around her.

"But we have a tested today in language arts!"

"No, we don't, that's not til next Monday."

"Why are you so insistent on me staying in bed," she asked glaring at him.

"Your not going to heal if your pushing yourself."

"What the hell do you know?"

"Shut up and rest damnit.."

"Inuyasha," she mumbled looking up at him. "Will you stay for a little bit?"

"Well... Just this once I guess."

"Arigatou."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I suppose it'd be safe for me to leave now, she's been gussuri for well over an hour now.' Inuyasha thought to himself. 'Besides, she didn't want me to stay the whole time...'

Quietly he started to get up from the bed, but noticed something odd: there were arms wrapped around his waist.

'So what should I do now... If I move I wake her up, but if I stay then I'll miss school... Ah fuck it I'll stay.' (you didn't honestly expect him to pick school did you?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a while, he found himself getting sleepy. So he decided that he'd get up and lay on the floor in front of the bed. Well that's what he was going to do, but Kami-sama must have been rather unhappy with him.

"Iie... Sasae..." he heard her whimper.

He sighed and positioned himself on the bed next to her, so that he was comfortable. 'What the hell did I do to you?' he mentally asked glaring up at the ceiling.

But the next thing he remembered was Sango coming into the room and waking him up.

"Arigatou," she said to him. "Demo was it really necessary to get into bed with my sister," she giggled.

"Oi! I wasn't even under the blankets with her! Plus we're both fully clothed," he mumbled a blush slowly coming to his features.

"Demo you wanted to, didn't you?"

"Sango..." he growled.

"Gomen ne, I couldn't help myself! Well anyways, you can leave now if you want."

"If I could get someone's death grip off me, I'd be more then happy to. What's with that anyways?"

"She always does that when she's hurt or doesn't feel good. I'm just happy I'm not you right now... You might be there a while," she answered simply as she walked out the door.

"O-oi!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dictionary:
Gussuri: sound asleep
Sasae: stay