InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost In My Life ❯ Chapie 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When a sister is in need

By Nicole Casillas

Chapter one

I don't own Inuyasha but I do own my dog.

~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"

Kagomes POV

I woke up early this morning. I wanted to get to the well before my mother could lecture me about my room. I quietly go down the stairs to get my regular clothes. Mom had washed my clothes last night and forgot to hang them up to dry so when I had put them on they were freezing cold. It has been two months since I met Inuyasha and I have already figured out that he is a BIG jerk. But when he gets soft he is pretty cute. Like when Sango, a demon slayer, had lost her family he pitied her and was all nice. That was my most memorable time I have never seen him like that, except when he is around Kairi. Yes, my sister Kairi. He always seems to be nice to her and not to anyone else. I packed my stuff (first aid kit, water bottle, homework, ect.) in my backpack and headed out to the well. My grandfather had built a little house because he thought that the evil spirits would stay in there if they were housed. Now it turns out that they still can come out, housed or not. I laughed at my grandfather when Inuyasha explained that spirits could go anywhere. I slid the door to the house open and stepped outside. It was a beautiful morning. The skies were light blue and the sakura blossoms were barely opening. This day was going to be different than the rest, I could tell. I went to the shrine and opened its door. I found, not to my surprise, that Kairi was there sitting on the edge of the well.

"Finally you come. I've been waiting for you since six" she said in her annoyed voice.

Kairi was sixteen just like me but only two months younger. My mother said she had found Kairi out in the rain one night. But that story didn't stick with dad. He thought she was cheating on him and he just left right then and there. Mom tried to explain but he just wouldn't listen. Since Kairi has heard this she hasn't talked much. Sometimes I think that she thinks it's all her fault that dad left.

"Its only six-thirty Kairi" I said.

She gave me a look that looked like she was going to grab me and throw me down there if I didn't be quiet. I got on the edge of the well and she grabbed my hand. I grabbed my stuff and we jumped down. We went through a pool of purple water with lights that looked like stars. We were pretty used to this but when we first went through we freaked out.

Flash back

"Kairi! Kairi! I can't find little Nika!" yelled my little brother Sota.

I was on my way to school with Kairi trailing behind me. I turned to find that Sota was running to us crying. Nika was our little kitten and Sota loved her very much. He ran into my sister and held onto her with dear life. I looked at the one place she could be, the shrine. I started towards it cautiously. Back then we didn't go there because we thought evil spirits were living there (grandpa told us stories of evil spirits eating your flesh and stuff) and if we entered they would hurt us or even kill us. I walked up to the door and sighed. I then felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me and I saw Kairi.

She said, "I'm right behind you Kagome."

I nodded and slid open the door. It was dark, dusty and dirty inside the little hut. All around the well there was a porch and right in front of me was the only stairs leading down to the well. I went through the door and went down stairs to the well. It was closed. I sighed. Thank goodness that that was clear. Suddenly I heard moaning coming from behind me. I turned to find that Kairi was holding Nika and was snickering.

"You meany" I said laughing.

Just then a look of shock ran straight across Kairi's face. I looked at her in confusion until I saw a light come from behind me and someone or something down the well pulled me. Kairi screamed and ran to catch me but only to be pulled down with me. We fell the purple pool of white stars with several hands on my back pulling me down. Kairi, I could tell, was scared but still held on to my hand. I started feel my body grow lighter as if the hands were sucking the life out of me. Just I was about to faint Kairi tugged at my hand hard sending her flying to the back of me. I lifted my head so it faced up and I saw that a creature with many arms being beat up by my sister. With one last kick she sent the creature into the darkness and we came out of the pool. She griped the solid earth tight as if she was afraid that she would go back to that place. Then she looked around and I followed her move. We were in the well but it looked different. It had vines growing down from it. We were in what we now call the warring states era.

End flashback

We finally landed on earth. Kairi immediately started climbing the vines that were growing. They didn't look sturdy but they were pretty strong. I followed her up the vines and out of the well. We then started to the village where Kiaede lived. I was keeping my hopes high that Inuyasha was going to be there. We came to the fields of crops. The farmers must have watered it just recently because the dirt was brown. Kairi had run ahead all of a sudden. I'm guessing she saw Inuyasha. And I guessed right. She was saying hi with her cute little voice. That voice gets really annoying to me but not Inuyasha. I just rolled my eyes and walked up to Inuyasha.

"Doesn't she ever get annoying Inuyasha?" I asked as we watched Kairi go to Kiaede hut.

She always went there when we came.

"Nope" he said.

I looked at him and he was still staring at the hut with an affectionate look. It made me sick. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I went to my hut that I shared with Kairi and laid my stuff down beside my futon. I flopped myself down on the futon and closed my eyes. I was thinking about Inuyasha as I drifted to sleep.

Kairi's POV

(About when they get to the village)

Somewhere in the middle of it all I always find a way to sneak out of Kiaede lectures. I hate it when she calls me to her hut to lecture me about my fighting so I always go to her hut right when I come to the warring states era. But I always escape my torture to go and visit Inuyasha. He's the real one who has been teaching me how to fight. I was walking along the pathway to the river where we always meet when a thought came to me. Why has Inuyasha cared so much about me being as strong as him? I got to the log he had made as a bench and sat down. Why was he being so nice to me and yet not loving me? All of a sudden I heard rustling in the bush. I gripped my sword getting ready to strike. I closed my eyes and when I heard it stop and footsteps on the grass I pulled my sword out and swung my sword while turning around and let it hit something with a clang. I opened my eyes and saw that I was very close to hitting Inuyasha on the head but he stopped it with his Tetsuiga.

He smiled and said, "your getting better Kairi."

I looked at him and blushed. He just complimented me.

"No lessons today Kairi. We've got a big day tomorrow, we're going to a nearby village to do some exterminating."

I took my sword and put it back in its sheath. Inuyasha took his, made it transform back into an ordinary sword and put it back into his sheath. We walked together back to the village, not saying a word. When we got there we descended into our own huts. I walked to my futon and laid my sword down by my bed and laid down myself. I closed my eyes and slept. The next morning I got my demon slayer armor on. I had become a demon slayer about a month ago. I remember very well when Sango had come up to me after a battle and asked if I wanted to be a demon slayer, I immediately said yes. After two weeks of preparation, the ceremony had taken place at the village.

Flash back

I remember I was in my best kimono that my mother had made. It was light blue with little white blossoms here and there. My mom, grandpa, Kagome, Inuyasha, Shippo, Miroku, Sota, Kiaede, and Sango were gathered around me in a circle in the middle of the village. Sango broke from the circle and came up to me.

"Kairi Titsumi, I now must ask you, do you want to be a demon slayer? It takes hard work, dedication, skill, and bravery. Are you sure you want to become one?" she said. I nodded.

"Then by the power vested me, I now pronounce you a true demon slayer," she said with a wave of her hand. Everyone did a quick bow and I smiled. I was now a true slayer.

End flashback

I grabbed my sword and started towards the door. As I passed by Kagomes bed I noticed she wasn't there. She must've gone outside already. Probably flirting with Inuyasha. I smiled. I was going to be jealous but I wouldn't want anything more than for Kagome and Inuyasha to confess that they love each other. I finally reached the door and went outside. Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Kilala, Shippo, and Kagome were already waiting. But they hadn't been waiting for long because Inuyasha had just tied the strap that held his sword around his waist.

They saw me come out and Miroku said, "Lets go now" and we started towards north.

I breathed in the air and followed. This was going to be a great day.

Inuyashas POV

I walked along beside Kairi. She is so pretty. I just wish I could hold her forever but then Kagome would hit me and everybody would think I've just gone soft and I won't be able to fight. My love for Kairi is not lovers' love but sibling love. I love her like she was my own sister. I want to protect her with all my might, with all my strength, with all my love. Great I just realize I'm day dreaming again! I slowly turn my head to Kairi and she is looking at me weird. I snap my head forward really fast. Great, god damnit! She knows I'm day dreaming. I then feel my cheeks go warm. Shit! I'm blushing.

"Inuyasha, are you feeling okay?" she said. I look at her again.

"Yeah I'm okay, never felt better" I said.

We held a gaze for a few seconds until we heard a scream. I ran off toward the screams and Kairi and Sango went off into the woods. They would hide there until it was time for them to attack. The demon wouldn't know what hit him!

Sesshoumarus POV

I have been following them for quite some time now. I want Inuyashas sword more badly than anyone else. Inuyasha is real fast so I had to leave Jaken with Rin or else they would've slowed me down. I told Rin to tell me when I get back what she and Jaken had done while I was gone so that I could know if I should punish him or not. They have now split into two teams. I guess I will follow the one with the two girls. I head into the trees trying to follow them without them noticing but the young girl demon slayer keeps looking back here. She has the smell of demon on her but looks more like a human. Out of all the demons I've seen they have not looked like a human this good. I've only seen one and that was…no. I can't think about her. She broke her promise to me and I erased her from my memory. Anyway, damn! She looked back here again and she saw me. I hid behind a bush, hoping she won't find or else…I will have to kill her.

~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"

Well there you have it. My first Inuyasha story. Please review.