InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost In My Life ❯ Chapie 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When a sister is in need

By Nicole Casillas

Chapter two

I don't own Inuyasha but I do own my own stories

~_~_~_~_~_~_~

The first group went off into the village and the second group went off into the forest. Sango and Kairi were going around the village in the forest looking for a clear spot to see all the action until their cue. While they were running Kairi thought she saw a white tall figure running behind them. Kairi stopped and told Sango to go on ahead. She started off in the direction of where she saw it. But nothing. She looked everywhere just to make sure that she wasn't going crazy. But still nothing.

"Maybe I'm still trying to wake up" she said.

She returned to her position, leaving Sesshoumaru hidden and with her scent.

Sesshoumarus POV

I gasped. Her scent smells like fresh peaches and cream, just like…Kikyanis used to. I shook my head. It can't be, it just can't be her. I ran to the edge of the forest where the village ends and the forest begins. I could see the whole battlefield from here. Inuyasha, with his sword ready, started to yell insults at the demon to get its attention. He's pretty damn good at that. The monster turned to Inuyasha and he yelled "NOW!" and the two demon slayers came out of the forest, the older one named Sango with her boomerang and the other one with her sword. Right now I turned my attention to her. She fights pretty well, no, excellent! She fights more than excellent; she was almost as good as Inuyasha. Almost as good as Medorico herself! I was puzzled. She smells and fights like Kikyani. But she can't be Kikyani. Nadeshiko took her and hide her someplace and now I don't know where she is because Nadeshiko is dead. I remembered it very well, the guards, her screams, she dying in my arms, it was all so clear to me. I shook my head again; by the time the day was done I was going to have a headache from all the shaking. I looked back at the battle, or what was left of it. The monster was lying face down on the ground with a boomerang in its back. They work fast as a team. The villagers came out cautiously, making sure that the monster was dead, and then they came running to them. The girl did not smile nor did she join them in their celebration. I wonder if this girl has no feelings for anything except for fighting, just like Inuyasha. I did not take my eyes off of her until they left. I will follow them to their village.

Inuyasha and the rest of the gang went back to Kiaedes village.

"That monster wasn't that hard to beat," said Inuyasha proudly.

"Easy for you to say" said Kagome "It kept dodging all of my arrows."

" Well that's because you don't know how to aim right, it didn't have to move when you were shooting" said Kairi.

Kagome shot her a look that would've scared the pants off of someone if they had just met her. Kairi just kept moving on pretending that she didn't see her. Inuyasha sighed.

"Do you too ever cool off and get along?" Inuyasha said.

Kagome looked at him with a `are you nuts?!' look.

"Are you nuts?!" she yelled "Not until hell freezes over will I ever be nice to her! She doesn't deserve to be respected. If it weren't for me she wouldn't be here to fight the battles here! She hasn't even thanked me for standing up for her in all the fights that she got in. She is a lowlife wench!"

Inuyasha stopped and looked at her in disbelief. What was Kagome saying?

"Finally I've got your attention," she said smiling.

Inuyasha turned and looked at Kairi, who was looking at Kagome with a dislike expression on her face. She then looked at Inuyasha whose face was saying `she didn't mean it' and turned and continued walking. He turned to Kagome.

"How could you have said that!" he yelled and ran off into the direction of the village.

She watched him. He was right, how could she have said all those hurtful things about Kairi to Inuyasha? What made her lose control of letting her feelings go?

"Oh no. Kairi, I…I…I didn't mean to say all those things. I'm sorry," she whispered.

She stood there for a few minutes and then started towards the village. The sun was setting and she needed to be at the village to help with dinner.

Inuyasha was trying to look for Kairi. What Kagome said was pretty hurtful and she had no right to say those things to just get his attention. He came to a clearing but no sign that Kairi was there. He was beginning to worry that she might get hurt. He was about to go and get a search party when he remembered that she had a big cut along her stomach from the battle. She had gotten it from the monster.

Flashback

"Kairi!" yelled Inuyasha "aim for the head, that's his weak spot!"

Kairi nodded and was looking for a way to get on top of the monster without get whacked. She found one and started for the tail. She jumped up on the tail and started running up its back. She was about to get there when the demon swung its hand back and hit Kairi. One of its claws dug into her stomach and flung her into the air and landed hard on the ground, making her unable to move for a while.

"Kairi!" Inuyasha cried and he flung his sword at the demon, hitting him right in the middle of the forehead.

He ran to Kairi while the demon was busy with getting out the sword. She was trying to get up and Inuyasha saw that she was in excruciating pain.

"Kairi" he said kneeling down beside her "Are you alright?"

"I'll live" she said as she managed to get up. She gave him a thumbs up and they went back to the fight.

End flashback

He tried to erase that from memory but failed miserable. He knew she would be bleeding so he started sniff around and sure enough he found her blood scent. He followed it to a tree. He looked up and saw a figure sitting on the tallest branch. He jumped to that branch and sat next to Kairi. She was staring off into space with a sad expression but no tears were coming out of her eyes. Inuyasha had never seen her cry. He stared at her for a while and then looked up at the stars. It was a while before Kairi said something.

"She is probably right you know" she said, "I've never taken to consideration that Kagome has been standing up for me."

He looked at her in disbelief.

"That's not true, you've always taken care of yourself," he said "You've always taken to consideration that others have helped you."

He jumped in front of her and put his hand under her chin. She blushed but quickly shook it away as he lifted her chin so they're eyes met.

"Don't believe what she or anybody else says or else you will get hurt," he said looking into her eyes. She looked back into his.

"His eyes can be pretty when he is nice" she thought.

"Well," Kairi said as she began to smile "I believe what you say and you have never hurt me."

He smiled.

"Oh Inuyasha!" she said smiling as she leaped towards him and wrapped her arms around him. He was shocked at the sudden surprise but slowly put his arms around to her back. They were there for a while then Inuyasha said as he pushed her away, "we should be heading back to the village now. Dinners probably ready."

She looked up at him and nodded. She started to get up but stopped with a sudden pain and quickly sat down. Inuyasha panicked and quickly sat down next to her. He could tell that the cut was burning by the scent of blood and tenseness. He put his arm under her head and his other arm under her legs and lifted her up. He started to the village with a fast run. He needed to get her there as fast as he could.

~~~Around the time Inuyasha was looking for Kairi~~~

Sesshoumaru also smelled her blood and he too followed it to her. He stood in the bushes and looked at her.

"She has shed a lot of blood, she could pass out. Where the hell is Inuyasha?" he said looking around "wait! Why should I care? She is nothing but a mere human."

He was about to turn and leave her to die when he suddenly had a thought.

"Maybe it's because she looks like Kikyani. Maybe it's because I want Kikyani back with me that's causing me to care" he said.

He turned to the tree to get her but Inuyasha beat him to it. He looked at the two who said nothing, then turned to leave.

"Feh. I'll spy on her tomorrow." And he disappeared in the darkness.

Inuyasha got to the village with one final jump from the trees. Kairi had passed out during the trip. Inuyasha looked at her in worriment.

"Damnit! She has lost a lot of blood already. I've got to get her to Kiaede" he said.

He turned and started running to the hut. Then he saw Kagome come out and slowed down. He wanted her to see what she had done to her sister. She looked happy to see him but her face turned to a worried look when she saw Kairi. She stood in her spot waiting for Inuyasha to show her her sister but Inuyasha just walked by her without saying a word or looking at her. She only caught a glimpse of the blood all over her. She gasped.

"Oh! Inuyasha…I…" she began.

"Don't waste your breath Kagome!" he snapped, as he stopped and looked at her "You've done enough damage." He turned and continued onward to the hut, leaving Kagome speechless.

The night passed on as if waiting to see if Kairi was okay. She opened her eyes to hear the songbirds singing for her. She tried to get up with out causing pain to herself but no matter how hard she tried she always felt excruciating pain. She looked down and saw she had been bandaged. She didn't want to lay here like a wimp; she wanted to go out to battle. With one final push from the ground she was able to get up with only a minor pain in her stomach. She swayed a little but managed to get out of that stuffy old hut. She squinted a little because the sunlight was a little too bright for her eyes, but they soon adjusted. She saw Kagome and Inuyasha walk into the woods. She started to run to the trees but was stopped by a pain. She fell to the ground, holding her stomach as she started to whimper in pain. But she wasn't going to let a little cut destroy her. If she wanted to become stronger than Inuyasha she was going to have to laugh at pain. She got up with a lot of pain and started to run. She finally got to the trees near the clearing where they usually talk when she collapsed again. This pain was probably the strongest pain she has ever felt. She crawled to the bushes near the clearing when she started to hear voices. She stopped to listen.

Kagome: Inuyasha there has been some things I've been meaning to tell you.

Inuyasha: Like what?

K: Well I'm sorry for being mean to Kairi last night. I don't know what came over me. It's just that…

I: Yes?

K: I… I LOVE YOU AND I ALWAYS GET JELOUSE BECAUSE YOU ARE ALWAYS PROTECTING KAIRI AND SHE ALWAYS GETS YOUR ATTENTION!

Kairi gasped.

"She actually said it," she whispered.

Then she was more stunned by what Kagome did next. She gave Inuyasha a hug and he hugged her back.

"Inuyasha" Kagome said, "Promise me you'll protect me and only me."

"Yes, sure, whatever" he said wearily.

She couldn't stand this any longer. She got up and ran. She started to cry.

"How can you promise her that?" she yelled. While Kairi was running Inuyasha could smell her blood and snapped back into reality. He pushed Kagome away and saw that it was Kikyou dressed in Kagomes clothes.

"What the hell! You!" he said and started to claw at her clothing.

"How dare you dress up as Kagome! You wench!" he yelled.

Kikyou waved her hand and her demon servants came and carried her away.

"You made a promise to me Inuyasha. You have to keep it." She said as she floated away. Inuyasha ignored her and left to go follow the blood scent. He finally told himself not to keep any promises to her after he found out that she had bore Naraku his child. He ran into the forest and followed it until he came to a bush. It was covered with her blood. He sniffed it and his nose became numb.

"Damnit! It's a nipper plant. I can't smell anything." He said.

He decided to go back and check to see if she was back at the hut.

Kairi watched as Inuyasha left. She had rubbed her blood on the nipper plant in hopes of making his nose numb. She breathed a deep sigh and started to a hot spring. Kairi hoped that the hot water would burn her wound closed. She got into her bathing suit and started slowly getting into the spring. When it came to her stomach she clenched the dirt and squeezed it so hard she could've turned it into dust. The pain was too powerful so she got out and lay on the ground. Her vision became blurry and she felt herself slipping away into a deep sleep when she suddenly saw a figure before her. It was tall with silver hair. That was all she got before she passed out.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~

That's a wrap. Thanks for reading. Please review.