InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Music ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Lost in the Music*

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter One - The Begining

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome couldn't believe it. They were about to sign a record deal with the biggest record company in Tokyo! She looked at her sister, Rin and her step sister, Sango, to her left and saw they had the same expression on their faces. Then she looked at their friend, Ayame, to her right and saw the expression again. They all looked the same: eyes wide with excitment, and a one hundred watt smile.

"Now, before we sign you," said Mr. Hirosheri. "I need to see how people like your music. You will play in a show next Friday. There will be a couple other bands there, so you'll only play three songs, one slow and two fast."

"What other bands will be there?" Sango asked.

"Bands like yours, trying to make it in the music buisness."

"Is this a contest?" Rin asked.

"No, it's just a show to see how people like your music," he told them. "The show starts at seven, so you'll need to be there at one o'clock. If you want to bring your own instruments, you can. Otherwise, you can use the ones there. My secretary will give you the address and directions and everything else you will need."

Kagome stood up when he did and shook his hand. "Thank you, Mr. Hirosheri, see you on Friday."

"That you will," he said as he opened the door.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"This is so exciting!" exclaimed Ayame, as she jumped onto the bed.

"I know," Rin said from her bed.

"Rin! Ayame!" called Kagome from the front room. "Come here please."

Rin and Ayame walked into the room. "What's up?" Ayame asked.

"We need to figure out which three songs to play," Sango said.

"We should pick songs to show how good our music is," said Kagome.

"And shows off your and Rin's vocals," Sango told Kagome.

"Okay, any suggestions?" Kagome asked, taking charge. Even though Kagome was the youngest, she was named the "band leader" by Sango, since she wrote the songs. Kagome didn't mind though.

"How about 'Into the Rush' for the first song," Sango said. "It show off your voices and our music."

"It's perfect, agreed?" Kagome looked at Ayame and Rin. They quickly agreed. "Okay, a slow song."

"'In a Second' is a good slow song," Ayame said.

"And it shows you can play the acoustic guitar as well as the electric guitar, Kagome," Rin said.

"Okay, and I think we should play 'Slow Down' for our last song."

"Great choice, Kags," Sango said.

"Now that that's settled, let's order room service, I'm starving."

Kagome got up and ordered the food, while Sango turned on the t.v. "I miss Mom's cooking," Sango said.

"So do I," agreed Rin. Though Sango's mom is Rin and Kagome's step mom, they think of her as their real mom, because they never knew their mom. She died a couple months after Kagome was born, in a car accident. A few years later, their dad met Sango's mom. They fell in love and got married. Then they had the twins, Sota and Kohaku.

After a few minutes on the phone, Kagome sat down and announced the food should be here soon.

"I was thinking," Ayame said, after a couple minutes. "Why aren't we staying at your parent's house?"

"You're just asking us this now?" Rin teased her.

"I was too excited that we had the meeting with Sakura Records, that it didn't occur to me to ask you back home," Ayame said. "So, why aren't we at your parents?"

"Because they don't know we're here," Rin told her.

"And they're not gonna know until we get that record deal," Sango added.

"Why?" asked Ayame.

"Because Mom and Dad have been trying to get us to move back here," Kagome explained. "They're making it sound like we were the ones who moved to Osaka. We all moved there, but, as you know, we decided to stay when Dad's company transfered him back to Tokyo."

"We don't want to get their hopes up, because, like we said before, if we get the deal, we stay in Tokyo, if not, we stay in Osaka," Sango said.

"That makes sence," Ayame said.

A half hour later, there was a knock at the door. "Room service," said Kagome, who got up to answer the door.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Across the city, at the Tashio Mansion, another band was figuring out what songs to play at the show.

"For the slow song, I think we should play 'Straitjacket Feeling'," said the drummer, twirling one of his drumsticks in the air.

"So do I," said the lead singer, who was also the lead guitarist and band leader.

"I wouldn't be able to choose," said the bass player, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "They're all so good," he said, putting a hand to his heart.

"Shut up, Bankostu, your really not helping," said the keyboardist.

"Okay, Shippo, how about you pick a song," said Bankostu.

"I think we should start with 'Dirty Little Secret'," he said.

"Good choice, runt."

"I'm not a runt, dog boy."

"Guys, do you have to call each other names?"

"Shut up, Miroku."

"Inuyasha, all I'm saying is that you could be a little nicer to him," Miroku said, pointing one of his sticks at him.

"Keh."

"Come on, guys. We need to pick one more song," said Koga, who plays the other electric guitar, and sometimes acoustic. "All of Yash's songs are good, and we play them great, so let's just pick one."

"'I'm Waiting'," Inuyasha said.

"So am I, someone just pick a song already, damnit! I'm starving," Bankostu said.

Inuyasha hit him in the back of the head. "We should play the song 'I'm Waiting', you dumbass."

"Oh," he said. "Who's up for pizza?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N:

This is my first fanfiction so please review and tell me what you think.

Also, I need some help. I can't think of what to name Kagome and Inuyasha's bands.
If you have any suggestions, please tell me in a review or email me.
If your band name gets picked you will get credit for it.

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!


Disclaimer:
I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the anime.
I do not own any of the songs used in this story.

'Dirty Little Secert', 'Straitjacke Feeling' and 'I'm Waiting' belong to The All-American Rejects
'Into the Rush', 'In a Second' and 'Slow Down' belong to Aly and Aj