InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Music ❯ Fate ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Lost in the Music*

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Two - Fate

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Friday. The day of the show. The day that would go down in history as the day fate worked the most. That day was today. The band members of The Black Roses and Hybrid all got up at the crack of dawn. They were all very excited. Today was the day they all were a nervous wreck. Well, not all, but most.

"Okay, we got everything?" asked Kagome, calmly.

"Yes, I think so," Ayame said. "Let me check again."

Before she could run off, Kagome stopped her. "Hey, calm down."

"I can't! I'm so nervous!" she practically yelled. Rin and Sango nodded in agreement.

"Guys, this is just another gig, okay? Everything's gonna be fine."

"This is not just another gig!" Rin said, on the brink of hysterics. "This is the gig!"


"Just don't think about it. Now let's go, we don't want to be late," Kagome said, getting into the jeep.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"You guys ready to go?" Inuyasha asked.

"I think so," Miroku said.

"Well, let's go," Inuyasha said, leading the way outside.

"I'm so nervous, I feel like I'm gonna puke," said Bankostu.

"Shut up, Bank," said Shippo.

"No, seriously, does someone have a barf bag?"

Inuyasha shoved Bankostu into the truck. "Stop the damn dramatics, and lets go," growled the hanyou.

They all piled into the black SUV and Inuyasha sped off.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Kagome navigated her blue Jeep through the busy streets of Tokyo.

"Are we almost there yet?" Sango asked, sticking her head up front to look at Kagome.

"Will you stop asking that question," Rin said, pushing Sango's head back.

"Yeah, last time I checked you weren't a yellow little boy on a cartoon show," Kagome said with a smile.

"Hey! Don't dis 'The Simpons'," Ayame yelled.

"You watch that show?" Kagome asked Ayame, looking at her in the rearview mirror.

"What's wrong with 'The-"

"WATCH OUT!" yelled Rin.

Kagome slammed on her brakes as a black SUV turned right in front on them, screeching the tires as they drove off.

"Oh my God," Rin whispered. She turned to her little sister, as she started driving again. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine," Kagome answered, a bit shaken up.

"Are you sure?" Kagome nodded gripping the steering wheel to stop her hands from shaking.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"Dude, you almost hit that car back there," Miroku said. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing," said Inuyasha. "And, like you said, I almost hit that car. Key word being almost."

"We're gonna die," said Shippo, who was sitting in the back.

"You weren't scared, were you, Shippo?" Inuyasha asked.

"No."

"Good. Because I don't want a scared little runt dating my baby sister," Inuyasha informed him. Shippo flushed and sank lower in his seat.

"Uh, Yash," Bankostu said. "I think that car you almost hit is following us."


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"Uh, Kagome," Ayame said. "Are you following them?"

"No. I'm following the directions. They must be going the same way."


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


When the guys turned into the arena parking lot, Bankostu was positive the jeep was following them. Kagome parked her car behind Inuyasha's, got out and slammed her door. She started yelling when the driver opened their door. "Where'd you get your licence, out of a damn Cracker Jack box? Because you sure as hell don't know how to drive!" Kagome was never good at insulting people. She never had to when she was younger, Inuyasha did it for her.

"Damn, calm down, lady! I didn't hit..." Inuyasha trailed off. He closed his eyes, praying this wasn't a dream, and when he opened them she would still be there. He opened them to see her staring back at him. She still smells the same, lavender and sakura blossoms.

"Inu...Inuya..." Kagome then fainted. Inuyasha used his youkai speed and caught her before she hit the ground.

Sango and Rin ran around the car to Inuyasha, who was now holding Kagome. "Is she alright?" Sango asked.

"Yeah, I caught her before she hit the ground."

By this time, everyone was out of the vehicles and was crowding around the hanyou and his ex. "Sango?"

She looked up at the sound of her name. "Miroku!" She launched herself into his arms. "I missed you so much," she whispered.

He held her tight. Afraid that if he let go, he would lose her again. "I missed you, too."

Inuyasha looked at his best friend. That could have been Kags and me. Why did I have to be such an idiot?!

"Well, at least there's one happy reunion today," stated Rin. Looking at Inuyasha, who was still holding Kagome, and nodded at her. "We should get her inside." Sango and Miroku followed Rin and Inuyasha inside, leaving Koga, Ayame Bankostu and Shippo to bring in their stuff.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Each band had their own dressing room and was directed there when they arrived. Sango and Miroku went to find the guys' room, while Inuyasha and Rin looked for the girls' room. When they found it, Rin opened the door and stepped in. Inuyasha laid Kagome down on the couch and sat down on a chair.

"So, Inu, how've you been?" Rin asked.

"Fine," he answered, starting at Kagome.

"How's your family?" she asked, vaugely.

He glanced at her. "Sesshomaru's fine, if that's what you mean."

Rin blushed and looked down. "I'm going to find Sango." She got up and walked, quickly, out the door.

I can't believe she still faints. Apparently she didn't grow out of it like her doctor said. Inuyasha looked down at Kagome and brushed her bangs off her forehead. She's so beautiful. Please don't be angry at me. He started thinking about the last time he saw her. He shook his head, not wanting to think about it. Instead, he thought about the show, and sat back, waiting for her to wake up.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

A/N

I would like to thank kikyo~must~die for being my very first reviewer! And thank you to the other reviewers.
Thank you so much for your kind words.

And kikyo~must~die, I hope this chapter answered your question.

I'm so sorry for taking so long to update. I was in Thailand for over a week. I still couldn't think of a good name for Inu's band.
Hybrid was the only thing that popped in my head. I will still take suggestions for a different name because I don't really like the current one. And another thank you to kikyo~must~die for the name for the girls.

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Disclaimer:
I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the anime.
I do not own any of the songs used in this story.