InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Music ❯ Together Again ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Lost in the Music*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Six - Together Again

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome was putting her guitars in their cases when Rin and Ayame came in the room.

"Hey, Kagome?" Ayame said.

"Hm?"

"The guys wanted to know if we want to go out to a club or something," she told her. "So are you up to it?"

"You guys can go if you want to," Kagome said, standing up. "I'm kinda tired."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." Ayame nodded and said okay and walked out to find Sango.

"What's up?" Rin asked confused. "You never pass up an opportunity to go out." Looking at Kagome face, she realized why her little sister wasn't wanting to go. "Oh, it's Inuyasha, isn't it? He's the reason you don't want to go." Rin held her hand up when Kagome opened her mouth to say something. "No, it's about time I use my older sister status. So I'm putting my foot down, and your gonna listen to me." Kagome nodded, trying not to smile. "Now, I know that Inuyasha hurt you by thinking he was doing the right thing by breaking up with you. But don't you think you should try to forgive him? I'm not saying you should go back out with him, but you could at least try to be his friend."

Kagome saw some movement by the door and looked past Rin, desperetly needing an excuse to stop this conversation. I'm sorry, Rin, but I can't handle this right now. Kagome's eyes widened when she saw who was at the door. Perfect. Kagome nodded. "I guess your right. Besides, we should celebrate."
"Celebrate what?"

"One, we need to celebrate our accomplishment tonight. And, two, we need to celebrate your engagement."

"My what?!"

Kagome pointed towards the door behind Rin. She turned around and gasped.

"I told you the next time that I saw you, that I would make you my wife."

"Sesshomaru," Rin whispered. She then ran into his arms. "I missed you so much."

Kagome felt tears come to her eyes as she watched them hug. She was happy for her sisters. Rin and Sesshomaru wrote letters every week, and he always said that he was going to marry her one day. He wasn't even upset when she told him that she was staying in Osaka after she graduated so she could focus in their music. He always told her he would wait for her, even when she insisted that she was holding him back. He always wrote that he loved her and he wasn't going to change his mind. Sango and Miroku wrote letters, also. Even though they were the same age as Inuyasha, Rin as well, they knew that they were meant to be together, and they would do anything to keep their relationship from falling apart. So they tried the whole long distant relationship and it worked out for them. Kagome used to wish that she and Inuyasha did that and was mad at him for acting on impulse, as usual, and not giving anything much thought until after the fact. But there was nothing she could do about it now, and told herself to forget him and move on. And she did. Or at least she thought she did, but when she saw him today, all her old feelings she had for him came rushing back. Love, lust, and anger. But the most of the three she felt was anger. And that was what was going to get her through the night, she just had to remember what he did and she would be fine.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As they arrived at the club, they all paired off. All, except for Shippo, Kagome and Inuyasha. Shippo stayed outside to call Katara, his girlfriend. Kagome went to the bar not knowing that Inuyasha was following her.

"One coke, please," Kagome told the bartender.

Inuyasha walked up in time to hear her order. "Still don't drink, huh?" he asked.

Kagome turned to him and shook her head. "You know I how I feel about that stuff." Kagome has never drank an ounce of alcohol in her life and she never would. That's the whole reason her mom died, the guy who hit her was drunk.

The bartender walked back and set her drink down and Kagome pulled out her money.

"I'll get it," Inuyasha ordered a Corona and paid for both their drinks. He grabbed his beer and jerked his head in the directions of the tables. "You wanna go sit?"

Kagome nodded her head and followed him to a table near the dance floor. She searched the dancers until she found the faces she was looking for. She watched her friends dance until Inuyasha spoke. "So, uh, how've you been?"

"Good. And you?"

"Good."

They sat in an uncomfortable silence for about a minute before Kagome cleared her throat. "I liked the songs you guys played tonight."

"Thanks. I'm glad to see that you found another guitarist to play in your band."

"Yeah, it would have been hard for you to play the other guitar when we're on two different sides of the country."

"Anyway, you guys sounded great."

"Thanks." She smiled. "It's funny."

"What is?" Inuyasha asked before taking a drink of his beer.

"That our whole lives we've always wanted our bands to be famous, that's all we worked for. And then we moved. Then five years later we all end up finalist in the same contest."

"It's not a contest," Inuyasha said, teasing her.

Kagome gave him a pointed look. "You know what I mean."

Inuyasha chuckled. "I know. I just like to tease you."

Kagome blushed and looked down. She cleared her throat. "Um, anyway, uh..."

Inuyasha smiled. "I forgot how cute you look when you blushed."

Kagome didn't think she could get any redder, but she did. Why am I acting like this? He dumped me. She shook her head. "Inuyasha..."

"Kagome, before you say anything, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for breaking up with you," he told her. "I thought I was doing the right thing. But then I realized how it worked out writing letters for Miroku and Sango, and Sess and Rin. I called your house, but you would never take my calls. I also wrote you letters, but you never wrote back."

"I didn't get any letters, Inuyasha," Kagome said.

"That doesn't matter now. All that matters is that we're together again. And I lo-"

"Inuyasha!" someone yelled. Inuyasha groaned at the sound of the voice, while Kagome turned towards it. Walking towards them was no other than Kikyo Nabito, Kagome's worst enemy. Kikyo also grew up with the gang and was always jealous of Kagome for being with Inuyasha. And because of it, she made her life a living hell whenever they were around each other.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

On the dance floor, the couples were having a great time. Especially our reunited couples.

"It looks like they're getting along," commented Rin, on Inuyasha and Kagome.

"Yeah, it does," Sesshomaru agreed.

Sango and Miroku made their way over to Rin and Sesshomaru.

"Look at them," Sango said. "I hope they're getting along."

"Inuyasha never stopped loving Kagome," Miroku said. "I don't think he's gonna let her go this time. He's regretted breaking up with Kagome ever since he did it."

"Really?" Rin asked. Miroku nodded.

"Then why did he do it?" Sango asked.

"I think..." Miroku stopped. "Oh, no."

"What?" asked the girls. They turned to look the way Miroku was looking. Their eyes narrowed as they saw Kikyo walk up to Kagome and Inuyasha's table. "Is that Kikyo?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Inuyasha, where have you been?" Kikyo asked. "I've been calling but," she stopped when she saw Kagome. "Higurashi?"

"Kikyo."

"You're back?"

"Look's like it."

"Well, just because you're back, doesn't mean you're getting Inu back, he's mine."

"What?!" yelled Kagome and Inuyasha.

"You're dating her?" Kagome asked, loudly.

"What the hell?! Kikyo, I broke up with you weeks ago," Inuyasha told her.

Kikyo stepped up to Inuyasha and trailed her finger down his chest. "I know you didn't really mean it, you were just upset that day."

Kagome just stared at them. I can't believe he's dating her. Why did he say all those things if he was dating her? She couldn't stand watching them, so she turned and walked as fast as she could out of the club.

Inuyasha shoved Kikyo's hand away. "Kikyo, we're done; it's over. It was a mistake to date you."
"But I love you!"

"Kikyo, we only dated for a month, and even that was too damn long." He turned to look at Kagome. "Kago-" He looked around and saw his friends walk towards him. "Where'd she go?"

"I think she went outside," Rin said.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome paced up and down the sidewalk. Why am I acting like this? He broke up with me.

"Kagome!" She turned and saw Inuyasha running towards her. "Kagome, I'm-"

"Save it, Inuyasha," She turned and walked away a few steps, then turned back around. "What the hell was that in there, huh? Why did you say all those things when you freaking dating her?!"

"Kagome, let me explain."
"No, Inuyasha. You broke my heart once before, I'm not about to set myself up again." She walked past him towards the entrance of the club. "I hope you and Kikyo will be happy together."

Inuyasha watched Kagome walk back into the club. Damn Kikyo! I can't let Kagome get away again. He followed her back into the club. I know I broke your heart Kagome. I shouldn't have broken up with you. I know that. And I'm gonna do everything to get you back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Kagome, are you okay?" Rin asked when Kagome walked up to them.

She nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." Her sisters gave her a look that clearly said 'Why do you even bother lying to us?' Kagome shook her head. "Okay, I'm not fine. Are you guys ready to go?"

Rin and Sango glanced at each other then looked at Kagome.

"Well, uh," Rin stammered.

"That is, we, uh," Sango started.

Kagome laughed at her sisters. Kagome often wondered if she really was the youngest sister, because she always felt like the oldest. "If you guys wanna stay, you can. You don't need my permission. You're my older sisters, remember?" Kagome smiled when they blushed. She pulled her keys out of her pocket and handed them to Rin. "You guys take my car, I'll grab a cab."

"I'll take them home," Sesshomaru offered.

Rin looked up at him. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah." Sesshomaru looked up to see Inuyasha walk through the doors. He took the keys out of Rins hand and gave them back to Kagome. "Don't worry about your sisters, you just go home and rest."

"Thanks." Kagome hugged her sisters. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." They didn't reply, they just smiled. She said goodbye to the others and walked away. When she walked out the doors, she was suddenly pulled into the alley next to the club. Kagome yelped as she was whipped around.

"Listen to me, Higurashi." It was Kikyo. "And listen to me good. You and Inu are over. It's my turn and I'm not letting him go."

Kagome rolled her eyes. "You don't have to threaten me, Kikyo. You can have him."

Kikyo stared at her for a second. "You're giving him up?"

Kagome sighed and turned and walked away. She stopped at the entrance of the alley, and called over her shoulder. "I gave him up five years ago."



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N

I'm so sorry for taking so long to update. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm still working on ch.7, so it will probably be another week or so before I update again. Thanks to all those who reviewed!





PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!


Disclaimer:
I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the anime.
I do not own any of the songs used in this story.