InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Music ❯ The day after ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Lost in the Music*

Chapter Seven - The day after

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome felt the sunlight hit her face and rolled over, not wanting to get up yet. Not being able to fall back to sleep, she opened her eyes. She lazily stretched and yawned, then sat up. Looking around the room she noticed that she was all alone. "Guys?" She got up and looked in the front room. Where are they? Just then the phone rang. "I'll get it!" she yelled, shaking her head. "Hello?"

"Hey, sis," said Rin.

"Hey. So, how was your night?"

"Great!"

"Somebody got lucky," Kagome said with a smile.

Rin gasped. "I did not!"

Kagome laughed. "Sure you didn't."

"I didn't! All we did was talk."

"You talked all night long?"

"Yes. We talked about what's been going on in our lives since we seen each other last."

"Uh-huh."

"Kagome, I'm serious."

"I know, I'm just kidding. I know you wouldn't sleep with someone on the first date," Kagome teased.

"Technically, it wasn't the first date, but I know what you mean."

Kagome was about to say something when there was a knock at the door. "I wonder who that is?"

"What?"

"Hold on Rin."

"Room service," announced the waiter when Kagome opened the door. Kagome stepped aside when he rolled in the cart.

"Wait. There's gotta be some mistake. I didn't order room service.""I did," Rin said.

"Oh," Kagome said. "Thank you," she said to the waiter. After the waiter left, she walked over to the cart and lifted the lid. "Wow, this is a lot of food. I won't be able to eat all of this."

"It's not just for you. It's for Sango and Ayame, too."
"They're not here, either.""They're not?"

"Nope. I wonder if one of them got some?"

"Kagome! Get your mind out of the gutter!"

"Calm down, I was just joking." Kagome made herself a plate of food and poured herself some orange juice, before walking out on the balcony. "Anyway, I know who Sango went home with. But what about Ayame?"

"Her and Kouga were getting pret-ty close last night at the club."

"Kouga? Hmm...I guess that makes sense, they are both wolf youkai. And Kouga's a great guy."

"Yeah, he is," Rin agreed. "Hold on." Kagome heard muffled talking before Rin came back to the phone. "Kagome, I have go. Sesshomaru is taking me out to breakfast."

"Ooo, have fun," Kagome said.

"I will. Don't get into any trouble while I'm gone," Rin told her. "Oh, see if you can get a hold of Sango and Ayame."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

Kagome hung up the phone and returned to eating her food. After she was done she called Sango's cell phone. It went straight to her voicemail. "Hey Sango, it's Kagome, just calling to see if you're okay. Call me back." She sighed and sat back. She called Ayame's phone, she also had it turned off. "Hi Ayame, it's Kagome. Call me when you get a chance." She sat back again and looked over the balcony, at the city of Tokyo. A city that she loved. She never wanted to leave. She even argued with her parents when they told her and her sisters that they were moving.

"We're what?!"

"Kagome, calm down." Karin told her daughter.

"Calm down?!" Kagome yelled. "How can you tell me to calm down? You guys sit there and tell us we're leaving the one place we know?"

"Kagome," Rin hissed.

"What?"

"Stop it," Sango told her.

"No." Kagome turned to her parents. "You can't ask up to leave and expect us not to be mad!" she yelled, standing up.

"We aren't asking you, we're telling you," Jaui said to his daughter.

"That's not fair!" Kagome shouted.

"Life isn't fair, Kagome. You have to learn that sooner or later," Jaui said sternly.

"But Dad, we grew up here. Our friends, a..a..and our lives are here, in Tokyo!""Yeah," agreed Rin and Sango.

"Oh, now you back me up," Kagome muttered.

"I'm sorry, girls," he said. "But we're moving, and that's final."

Kagome shook her head, not wanting to think about it. She got up and put her dishes on the cart and wheeled it out into the hall. She turned around and glanced around the room, looking for something to do. "Ugh, there's nothing to do," Kagome muttered. She decided to just take a shower and get dressed and figure out what to do then.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha sat in his room thinking about the night before. He didn't know what to do about Kagome. He wanted to see her again, but didn't think she would be open to that. He couldn't ask his parents what to do, they were in America on a business trip. And he couldn't ask his brother because he was with Rin. Not that he wanted to talk to his brother anyway. Sesshomaru made it very clear on how he felt about the situation.

Inuyasha felt someone tug on his arm and pull him to the side. He was suddenly whipped around. "What the hell?"

"Let me make one thing clear," Sesshomaru said. "I don't want you to mess this up.""Mess what up?"

"The girls being back. I don't want you chasing Kagome away, and having Rin leaving to be with her sister. I can't lose her again."

"I'm not gonna chase Kagome away."

"What would you call what you did tonight, then?"

"That was Kikyo, damn it." Inuyasha sighed. "I don't want to lose Kaogme, either."

"Then I suggest that you do a hell of a lot of graveling, because she looked very angry when she left." And with that said, he walked back over to Rin, leaving Inuyasha to think about how he was gonna win Kagome back.

And he still had nothing. I had all night to think about it, and I still cant think of anything. He knew why he couldn't think of anything, though. Kagome wasn't like any other girl. She didn't fall for the flowers and the candy and all the mushy stuff. She was down to earth, she wanted things told to her straight, no games. Which was why he was being so open about his feelings last night, which was hard for him since he normally isn't like that. "What am I going to do?" he said out loud. He thought for a second. "Great. Now I'm talking to myself." He got up and grabbed his jacket and keys, and stormed out of the house, deciding to go for a drive.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome walked out of the hotel and started walking, headed for downtown Tokyo. She loved the big city. While she was walking around the city, she saw some stores she used to go to all the time with her friends. She reminisced about all the good times she had in the city. She could still remember the first day her mom let her go into town, without her parents.

"Please, Mom?" Kaogme begged.

"No, Kagome, it's not safe for a fourteen year old girl to be walking around the city by herself."

"But I won't be by myself, I'll be with Inuyasha," she told her mom.

"Kagome-"

"Mom," Kagome interrupted. "Come on." She looked at Inuyasha, who was sitting on the stairs watching them argue, her eyes asking him for help.

He sighed and stood up. "Mrs. H., I'll be with Kagome the whole time. She'll be fine."

"Inuyasha, I know you
want to keep her safe, but what if something happens and you're not right there?"

"I'll be there. I won't let anything happen to her, I'm a demon, remember?" He paused. "I promise I won't let anything happen to her." He repeated more strongly than before.

Karin looked at them and sighed. "Fine."

Kagome smiled. "Really?"

"Yes. If, and this is a big if, anything bad happens, it will be the last time until you're eighteen, you hear me?"

"Yes, Mom," Kagome gave her a hug. "Thank you!" She grabbed her purse and Inuyasha's hand and practically dragged him out of the front door.

Kagome smiled at the memory. She remembered asking Inuyasha why he didn't jump in the conversation sooner.

"It was your idea to ask my mom if I could go," Kagome reminded him.

"Yeah, but she's your mom.""So? She would have gave in sooner, she likes you, for some unknown reason."

"I know the reason."

"You do?" Kagome asked.

"Yeah, it's the same reason for all women," Inuyasha informed her.

"Really? Do tell," Kagome said sarcastically.

"It's my looks," he paused, "and my charm," Inuyasha said smugly. "No woman can resist."

Kagome busted out laughing, as they continued to walk down the street.

Kagome then realized that she was walking down the same street she was walking on with Inuyasha seven years ago. She turned around the corner, and there it was. The shop Inuyasha took her to that day. She went in as the memory still played in her head.

"So, are we just walking around randomly, or are we gonna do some shopping," Kagome asked. "Because I came to shop."

"There's this store I want to take you to. It's just around the corner." They turned the corner. "There it is."

Kagome's eyes followed in the direction he was pointing and her they lit up instantly and a smile formed on her face. "The Music Shop?"

"Yeah, I thought you'd like it." Inuyasha took her hand and lead her across the street.

When they walked in, Kagome looked around till she found what she was looking for. She walked over and picked up a red and black electric guitar. She strummed a few chords.

Inuyasha walked up next to her. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah, I love it," Kagome said. "It's just like yours. I wish I had one."

"So do I. So you wouldn't always take mine whenever we play," Inuyasha teased.

Kagome hit him playfully. "Yeah, well, if mine wasn't so beat up and old, I wouldn't have to use yours."

"That's true," he said. "So, out of all these electric guitars, you like this one the most?"

"Yeah."

"Why don't we check out the acoustic guitars."

"Okay." Kagome reluctantly put down the guitar she was holding and followed him to another section in the store.

The shop owner walked out of the back room when he heard the bell on the door jingle. Who he saw made him stop dead in his tracks. "Kagome?"

Kagome turned to look at the older man she hasn't seen in years. "Hachi," she said with a smile.

"This one's nice," Kagome said as she picked up a black acoustic guitar.

"Inuyasha, how are you, my boy?"

She turned around and saw Inuyasha shake hands with a guy she had never seen before.

"Good."

The guy turned from Inuyasha to look at Kagome. "And who is this young lady?"

Kagome put down the guitar she was holding.

"This is Kagome," Inuyasha said with a smile.

"Ahh, the girl you told me about. It's nice to meet you. I'm Hachi, the owner of this shop."

"Nice to meet you, too," Kagome said. "And I love your store!"

"Thank you." Hachi heard the phone ring in the back. "Excuse me."

"So, you come here a lot?" Kagome asked Inuyasha after Hachi walked away.

"Whenever I can," Inuyasha said.

"Hmm. And what did you tell him about me?"

Inuyasha shrugged, trying fight the redness that was creeping onto his cheeks. "Not much. Just that you play the guitar and stuff."

"Uh-huh."

They looked around some more before saying goodbye to Hachi. The rest of the day, while they were shopping, well Kagome was shopping and Inuyasha was holding her bags, she couldn't stop talking about the guitars she saw.

Hachi walked over to her. "Well, look at you. You're all grown up. Into a very beautiful young lady, might I add?"

Kagome blushed at the compliment. "Thanks."

"Well," he opened his arms. "Don't I get a hug?"

Kagome laughed, then embraced the man who was like an uncle to her.

"So how've you been these past five years?" Hachi asked when they parted.

"Good," Kagome answered. "Real good."

"And how's Rin and Sango?"

"They're good. They're here with me." She paused. "Well, not here with me, but here in Tokyo."

"Back to visit your family?" He was walked back into the back room, which was used for storage and his office.

Kagome followed and sat on a stool near the doorway. "No, we came for the Sakura Record label contest."

"I know," he said turning to her. "I was there."

"You were?"

"Yeah. And I must say that you girls were awesome. Your guitar playing has really improved since I last heard you play. So has Sango's drumming."

"Thanks. And I'm sure Sango would appreciate you saying that."

"Who was that other girl playing with you on stage?"

"That's Ayame. We met her when we moved to Osaka."

"She's good, too."

"That's why we let her in the band." Kagome watched as Hachi checked inventory. "Hey, why didn't you come say hi after the show?"

"I was, but when I went back there to talk to Inuyasha, he was busy. So I figured you were busy, and I didn't want to bother you."

"Hachi, you wouldn't have bothered me," Kagome said before the realization of what he said sank in. "You went to see Inuyasha?"

"Yeah, he told me he was playing in the show and got me a ticket."

"Oh, so you and him still talk?"
"Yeah, he comes in every week."

"Oh."

Hachi looked over at the girl. "How was your run in with the guys?"

Kagome looked down. "It didn't go very well between Inuyasha and me. Sesshomaru was there and Rin's with him right now. So is Sango with Miroku." She looked at her watch and sighed. "I guess I better start heading back just in case one of them is back." She hopped off the stool and walked over to Hachi. "It was good to see you again."

Hachi hugged her. "Come by again with your sisters. And if you go back to Osaka, call me and give me a call sometime.""Okay. Bye Hachi."

"Bye Kagome."

When Kagome got back to the hotel, the room was just as empty as she left it. She walked over to the dresser in the other room and picked up her cell phone that she forgot to take with her and noticed that she had four new voicemails. The first was Ayame. "Hey Kagome. Sorry that I missed your call. I'll be back at the hotel sometime tonight. Call me if you need me." She erased the message. Apparently they like each other a lot. The second was from Sango. "Hey Kagome. I'm sorry that I worried you. I'm with Miroku so I'm fine. I'm sorry to worry you. I'll try to be back be tonight. Tomorrow morning at the latest. Love ya!" Kagome chuckled as she deleted that message also. Then it was Rin. "Hey, sis. Just calling to find out where you're at. Call me when you get this message. Bye." She deleted this one as well. She listened to the last message. "Hello Kagome, it's your mother. I was just calling to tell you that Inuyasha came by asking for you. Now, why is that when you're in Osaka. And I asked him that and he said that you're here in Tokyo and figured that you were staying with us. Now if you're here and I know you are, then you can stop by tomorrow for lunch. Be here at noon. Bring your sisters and Ayame along, too. You have a lot of explaining to do." Kagome stared at her phone. Damn Inuyasha. Kagome yelled in frustration and called her sisters and Ayame and told them that Karin and Jaui know that they they're here and that they had to be at the house at noon tomorrow for lunch.

Before any of them got home, Kagome walked over to the corner where they had all of their music equipment. She pulled two out of four guitar cases from the corner and opened them. In the cases were the guitars she saw seven years ago in Hachi's store. Inuyasha had surprised her with them a few days after their day in the city. She didn't use them that much anymore because they reminded her of him. She was going to use them at the show, but decided not to when she saw Inuyasha. She didn't want him to know that she still had them after all these years.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A/N:
I am so sorry for not updating. I was really stuck on this chapter and I finally finished. I hope you like it.


PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer:
I don't own Inuyasha.












< br>