InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~As promised, one more today… Review if you'd like another one today or not. I have a few of them done. Up to chapter 17… ~*~

Disclaimer: Why must you always bring up the fact I don't own any of them? *grabs tissues* It's not fair!!! I'm doomed to write fanfic forever!

"blah"= talking

'blah'= thinking

(blah)= me interrupting just to annoy you all. It's fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The car ride back to the Shrine was a long and silent one. Not that Inu Yasha minded at all, for he was lost in his thoughts. 'Kagome has to make it. She just has to.'

"We're here."

The car had stopped and everyone got out. Souta and Grandpa went inside to pray for Kagome while Inu Yasha went straight for the well.

"Why are you going to the well?"

Inu Yasha turned to Souta, who was right behind him. "I have to tell the people back then what happened. They should know."

The little boy nodded and looked down. "Is she… Is Kagome gonna die?"

'What am I supposed to say to that? I don't know if she is or not. I hope she doesn't. I couldn't deal with that.' He got down on one knee to look directly at the boy. "I don't know. Kagome's strong. She'll fight with all her strength."

"But," Souta sniffed, "Daddy also was in a coma. He died too."

"Why don't you go inside and pray for her with your Grandpa. Think positive not negative. I have to get back to tell them all. Be brave for your mom, alright?" Souta nodded. "Alright. I'll be back soon." With that, he jumped through the well.

~On the other side~

"HENTAI!" *SMACK*

These were the first things Inu Yasha heard as he climbed out of the well. Usually this would make him smirk, but not now. He slowly headed towards the village and to Keade's hut.

Inside Sango was polishing her really scary and big boomerang (which I forgot the name to) with Kirara sleeping by her side. (btw, don't tell me it's Kilala. That's the horrible English translation while I watch the Japanese with sub-titles) On the completely other side of the room was Miroku with a nice new red handprint on his face. He looked as if nothing happened.

Inu Yasha walked in slowly and looked at them all. Sango was the first to notice him. "Well, it looks like she told you to get lost. Did you even apologize or just insult her some more?"

"Not now Sango. Something happened to Kagome."

Keade, who was stirring the pot of dinner, stopped and looked right at him. "What happened?"

Shippou (can't forget him) came running in from the other room. "What did you do Inu Yasha?"

"Shut up, Shippou. I went to find Kagome. When I did, she… she was being beaten badly by this gang. I fought them off, but Kagome was in bad shape. I took her to this thing called a.. hos-pi-tal and to a healer. He said she was now in a coma. It means she's in a deep sleep she might not wake up from."

The entire room went quiet until a certain fox demon started crying. "Kagome! NO!"

"Oh my Kami."

"Kagome-sama. She is strong. She'll pull through this."

Inu Yasha nodded. "Her mother suggested I take you all through the well to see her. We leave in the morning." (Did I fail to mention it's night time? Gomen!!!)

With that said, Inu Yasha turned and left the hut to go to his forest and to his tree.

Sango got up to follow him, but Miroku held her back. "No Sango. He's taking this harder than all of us. Let him be. We'll leave in the morning."

She nodded and went back to her little kitty demon.

Meanwhile, Inu Yasha walked through the forest named for him. He walked deep into it then stopped. "Kagome, this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for what I said. I… Kagome, you have to pull through. I can't live without you. I can't."

When morning came, there were quite a few trees missing in the forest.

~*~I have to stop there. I'm evil with my Cliffhangers, aren't I? Remember, be nice and review. I'll have another one for ya. I'd like to get up to 20 reviews before I post another. Ja ne!~*~