InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Wow. And this wasn't my best fanfic on my other site. Guess I'll update for you people, since you ask so nicely.

Disclaimer: I own nothing!!!! *goes off to cry*

"blah" = talking

'blah' = thinking

(blah) = me popping in and out to annoy you all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inu Yasha stared at this man in the white coat. "Is she okay?"

The doctor ran a hand through his hair. "Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is you got her here just in time. We were able to save her, for now."

Inu Yasha's ear heard that. "For now? What does that mean?"

The man before him sighed. "Ms. Higurashi is in a coma, son." When he saw Inu Yasha didn't know what he was talking about, he explained. "Right now, she's in a deep sleep we can't wake her up from. To be honest, we don't know if she will wake up. She could die tonight."

Our friendly hanyou shot straight up out of the chair. "What? But you said you saved her!"

The doctor tried to calm him down. "We did, but the next 48 hours are critical. If she survives the next two days, we believe she will be alright. But right now, we are not sure. It's up to her now."

The hanyou slowly sat down deep in thought. 'Kagome die? No, no she can't! She just can't!'

"I'm sorry son. Would you like to see her now?" Inu Yasha nodded and followed the doctor in silence into Kagome's room.

When he walked in, he was horrified. She had so many tubes and wires sticking out of her. There was a strange thing next to her bed that beeped every now and then. One tube hooked up to a weird bag thing on a pole. She looked very pale and weak. There were so many bruises on her Inu Yasha almost had to look away.

Speechless, he walked over to her side. Before the doctor left, he asked if Inu Yasha got in touch with her family. He shook his head and turned to the doctor. The man nodded. "I'll get one of the nurses to make the call. Should I have her mention you are here with her?" He nodded. "What's your name son?"

"Inu Yasha."

The doctor wrote it down and chose not to comment on the name. 'He's not in a state of mind to ask such a question.' "Alright. I'll have her do that now. Excuse me." With that, he left the two alone.

Inu Yasha was still at Kagome's side. He went over and pulled a chair along side the bed as well. He sat in it and slowly took Kagome's hand in his. 'It's limp in my hand. This can't be my strong Kagome. It's all my fault. If I hadn't been so mean to her before, she wouldn't have run off and gotten hurt. I'm so sorry Kagome.'

The sun had set, with the last of its light shinning in on the two in the room. Inu Yasha was very close to the point of tears, but he refused to let them fall. 'I have to be the strong one and be able to tell her family what happened.'

As if on cue, Kagome's mother ran into the room. "Inu Yasha! Kagome! What happened?" She immediately ran beside her sleeping daughter and took her other hand. Souta and Grandpa were right behind her. Inu Yasha explained what happened and what the doctor said.

"My poor Kagome." Her mother started to stroke her hair with tears in her eyes. "I'm glad that you got there in time Inu Yasha. She could have been dead if you were there to protect her."

He shook his head and looked down, brows covering his eyes. "No, it's my fault she's like this. We had a fight and she ran off. If I hadn't…"

"No. Don't say any if's. What matters is that you were there when she needed you. I can't thank you enough for that. You know my daughter is strong. She will survive this. I know it."

Inu Yasha couldn't bring himself to look this woman in the eye. 'How can she be so forgiving when Kagome almost died?'

Kagome's mom looked him over. "Grandpa, why don't you take Souta and Inu Yasha home? They both could use some rest."

Inu Yasha was about to protest, but she cut him off. "I'll stay here until you return tomorrow morning. You might want to tell her other friends what happened. Perhaps bring them here to visit her as well. She would like that."

He nodded and got up to leave with the other men, but before he did, Kagome's mom asked one more thing. "Inu Yasha? Did they say anything- about your ears or anything?"

He shook his head. She smiled. "I'll tell them not to bring it up, that you're sensitive to the subject. It will be easier that way."

He gave her a smile of gratitude and left to catch up to Grandpa and Souta, but not before he took one last look at Kagome. 'Sleep well, but don't forget to wake up. People on this side need you. I need you Kagome.'

~*~So? Comments? Complaints? I'm open to both! Review button is just right there. Just a click away. I'll add one more chapter today. Review if you want another one after that… Ja ne!~*~