InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Don't say I'm an evil author! I'm giving you two chapters in one day. I might be in a good mood and post another later also… Anywho, Chapter 7 below. And you know I own nothing, so don't make me repeat myself.~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Clear!"

Thump

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"Come on! One more time. Clear!"

Beep beep beep beep…

The doctor sighed with relief. "We got her back. You all can come in now. She back with us."

The first person to run in the room was Inu Yasha followed by Kagome's mom. "Thank the heavens. My poor Kagome." Kaoru turned to the doctor. "Will she be alright now?"

"I can't really say. I wish I could tell you either way, but I can't. It's up to her now. If you need me, just ask the nurse to page me."

As the doctor was leaving, Inu Yasha followed him while the others surrounded Kagome. Sango grabbed her hand as Shippou jumped onto the bed to sit beside her. Miroku stood at the end of the bed. "She has so many things coming out of her."

Souta piped up. "Those are wires. Each one has a different job that helps Kagome survive. Without them, she would be dead." (Ah, modern medicine. The thrill of it all. ::rolls eyes:: I hate hospitals)

Kaoru looked at each and everyone of Kagome's "other world" friends and got teary eyed. "I'm glad my Kagome has friends like you to look out for her. I know she would be very happy to know you came to see her. As far as I'm concerned, you are part of our family now."

The three of them looked at her with puzzled expressions, then ones of understanding. Kagome has a family on either side of the well to come back to. If only she would come back.

~*~Following Inu Yasha~*~

The healer in the white coat was walking over to the big desk when Inu Yasha caught up with him. "Excuse me?"

The healer turned to him. "Yes? Ah, the young man who brought in Ms. Kagome. What can I do for you?"

Inu Yasha tried to hide his concern, but failed. "Could you explain to me what's going on?"

The man nodded. "Come into my office and we can talk." He then led our hanyou into a very nice office that overlooked the park. He motioned for Inu Yasha to sit in the chair opposite him, which Inu took slowly. When the man sat down, he began. "Mrs. Higurashi explained you are very close to Ms. Kagome and it was alright to tell you anything you wanted to know." Inu Yasha blushed but let the doctor continue. "What Kagome is now in is what we call a coma. I told you about that the other day. It's like a deep sleep. Right now she's trapped or even lost inside her mind and is looking for a way back to reality. Some people come out of it in a few days, some a few months, even some a few years. Sadly there are those that never come out of it at all. They end up dying. From what I've seen, Ms. Higurashi is strong and is probably fighting this as hard as she can. It helps that she has so many friends here as well."

Inu Yasha's head was spinning with information. 'She's lost? In her own mind? I'm powerless to help her! If only I hadn't said those things to her, none of this would have happened! Baka!'

The healer looked over the boy. "I have every belief if she survives one more night, she will wake up soon. I haven't lost a patient like this yet. And I can see she is very special to a lot of people. She must be fighting really hard to come back to all of you."

Inu Yasha looked up at the man and nodded. "Arigatou." He slowly got up and left the office to rejoin the group in Kagome's room. When he got there, the only on in the room (besides Kagome) was her mom.

"I sent them down to the cafeteria. I'll let you two be alone for awhile." She got up and left before Inu could say anything.

He looked over at her. 'So many things coming out of her. They better be helping.' Inu Yasha walked over to her bedside, sat in her mom's chair and took her hand in his. A little unnoticed spark popped at their touch. "You have to make it Kagome. Keep fighting. I'd help protect you, but I can't. You're strong and can make it. You have to make it."

Beep Beep Beep Beep….

~*~That's all for now. Reviews=updates… hint hint… Ja ne! ~*~