InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Since it's in such a high demand, I'll update for you people. But only because you asked so nicely. ~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As he sat there, thousands of thoughts went through Inu Yasha's head. 'There has to be a way I can help her. Somehow.'

Without realizing it until she was in the room, Sango came beside him. "It's weird. She's been beaten up before and has made it. I mean, she's been up and ready to go by now. Something's not right."

He looked at the demon exterminator. "What do you mean?"

She looked at her hanyou friend. "Think about it. How easy was it to defeat those guys? And how they got there in the first place. Coincidence? I'm not so sure."

"You think someone did something?"

"It does make sense." Both turned to the door to see Miroku enter. He walked right over to them. "There is a dark presence. Something is keeping Kagome trapped, or should I say someone. I don't think the people in this time deal with magic at that level. It has to be from our time."

Inu Yasha thought this over, then got up. "We have to go back. Maybe Keade will know what to do. Let's go."

The two humans looked at each other then back at him. "Are you sure we all should go? Perhaps you should stay with Kagome."

The hanyou stopped at the door and turned to face them. "You need to get through the well. I'm the only one that can get you both through. Besides, how will I know if you got the information or not? I have to go with you."

This made sense. They nodded and went to find Kagome's Grandpa.

~At the Shrine~

The three time travelers got out of the car and quickly changed to the appropriate attire of the time and prepared themselves for the jump. Shippou had asked to stay with Kagome, which no one objected to. Inu Yasha prepared himself for the jump when Miroku came up behind him.

"What do you want, monk?"

"You must be very worried. Anything could have happened now that we know where this evil is from. Just remember it's not your fault."

"Keh." He turned his head towards the well. 'But it is my fault.' "Get on. You're going first."

Miroku climbed on his back and they jumped through the well.

When Inu Yasha came back later with Sango, they all headed quickly over to see Keade. They found her in her hut mixing some herbs together for a new medicine. She looked up to see those three youngsters running towards the hut. "What is it?"

Miroku was the first to speak. "There is something wrong with Kagome-sama. I sensed a dark presence all around her. I have reason to believe someone from now has planned the events to hurt her and place her in the darkness of her mind."

The old woman thought for a minute. "Come with me." She led them inside to her "library" of spells and curses. "The answer to this has to be in one of these books. Start looking."

Each picked up a different book and began the long search.

~A few hours later~

The group had been researching for hours, completely forgetting about food and sleep. All they were concerned with was finding a way to save Kagome.

"I think I found it." The three looked at Keade and went towards her to see what she found.

"It's called The Dark Nothing. This spell makes the person slowly fade into nothing, causing death. Their spirit is locked away in the darkness of their mind. They are basically a shell, as if they are dead. There's a dark void; no sound, light, movement. They are unable to awaken. It is a cruel way to die."

They all looked at Keade in horror. "That's what is happening to Kagome?" Sango was close to tears, Miroku trying to comfort her, without perverted thoughts.

"Aye."

A large slam came when Inu Yasha slammed his fist into the floor. "There has to be a way to bring her back! What does it say?"

Keade looked to see if there was anyway to save the young girl. 'If what I fear is true, she doesn't have that much more time.'

After a few more moments of silence, the answer was discovered. "The inflicted person is completely lost in a cold, dark world. The only way for them to be saved is if someone can bring them to the light. They must go into the person's mind and serve as their guide to the world of the living. As of now, they are on their way to the other side. If they are not saved in time, their soul will leave and never return to that body, causing death."

'Soul leaving the body? Of course!' Realization hit Inu Yasha like the boulder killed his back after Kagome gave him those many 'sit' commands. (from one of the episodes) Who else would want the soul to permanently leave Kagome's body?

Inu Yasha growled a low, terrifying growl. "Kikyo."

~*~I could be evil and end it there, but I feel bad and I want to get to my other one, so here we go.~*~

"Kikyo?" Both Sango and Miroku said in unison.

"Of course. Who else would really want Kagome's soul to leave her body? She wants Kagome's soul."

Keade hung her head. "I had no idea my sister had become that crazed. She knows how dangerous this spell is. You have to stop her, permanently, or all is lost. She is not my sister anymore, just an empty shell. Go and defeat her once and for all. You must be quick. Kagome doesn't have much time."

The three got up, nodded, and left to set out to track down Kikyo.

~On the other side~

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Kaoru sat beside her daughter's bed, clutching her hand in her own. 'I hope they find their answers soon. I don't know how much more my Kagome can take.'

Shippou was asleep in another chair while Souta was looking for something to eat. Grandpa put a hand on his daughter's shoulder. "Don't worry too much, Kaoru. I have faith in that demon boy. Plus, our Kagome is a fighter."

"I know, father. I know."

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

~Back to the Past~

The group didn't have to search too long. Those small soul snatchers of Kikyo's were out taking innocent souls. They all followed and soon found the dead miko herself.

"Kikyo!" The woman in question turned to face the hanyou who had called to her. Behind him were two of his friends as well as that cat demon.

"What do you want, Inu Yasha?"

She was taken aback when he started to growl at her. "Take off the spell."

An evil grin spread across her face. "What spell?"

"The one you put on Kagome. It was the only way you were going to get her soul."

"That was my soul! She stole it from me! Besides, there's no way to reverse it. I have one of my soul snatchers ready and waiting to retrieve my soul at the moment it leaves. I will live again and be able to do what I was never allowed to."

"That soul belongs to Kagome." Inu Yasha was just getting angrier by the second. This wasn't the Kikyo he had known and loved all those years ago. She really was gone. Why didn't he see that sooner? Kagome wouldn't be in such danger if he had only known.

"Do you choose that copy over me, Inu Yasha?"

There was a cold stare shared between the two for a few moments before Inu Yasha answered. "Yes, I do. I choose Kagome over an empty shell."

Kikyo looked away, shook her head and smirked. "Too bad it's too late. She's almost completely lost. There's nothing you can do."

Slowly, he unsheathed Tetsusaiga and pointed it at the Miko before him. "There is one thing I could do for her. I could do what I should have done a long time ago. I'm going to release you from your shell, Kikyo."

Sango and Miroku were both wide eyed, but prepared in case he needed back up. Was he really going to kill her? Could he do it?

Kikyo looked at him with huge eyes. "Inu… Yasha?" She quickly drew her bow and arrow to defend herself.

Inu Yasha stood there, eyes closed. The only thoughts that ran through his head was how much pain he and Kikyo had caused Kagome. 'Kikyo almost killed Kagome before, but then she did save her as well that time with the Black Miko. Kikyo is an enemy, right? Maybe I can't do this.'

Suddenly, an image of Kagome hooked up to those many tubes flashed into his mind. He remembered the feeling he had when he heard her heart stop, when those men shocked her and made her body jump. He remembered seeing Souta, Grandpa and her mother crying by her bedside. Her sweet face, so young and innocent, was smiling at him, then back to the hospital room where she lay lifeless.

His eyes snapped open. He knew what he had to do. He could do it now. She didn't deserve all the pain and suffering Kikyo had caused. Inu Yasha ran forward and unleashed 'The Wound of the Wind' upon Kikyo. (I'd put the Japanese up instead of that, but I forgot how to spell it.) She was shocked as the blast melted her flesh and turned her into ash. Her scream had echoed throughout the area, but was deaf on Inu Yasha's ears.

He put Tetsusaiga back in it's place and looked at the ashes. "It's finally over. Rest in peace, Kikyo." Inu Yasha turned to his friends. "Let's go save Kagome."

~*~Was it worth the wait? I might add one more. Not sure. Depends if I finish it in time.~*~