InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Insanity ❯ The Loss of Memories ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Love and Insanity



A/N: I'm really gettin into this story. The reviews helped! lol. I hope you guys are liking this story. I was thinking about changing it from a fan fiction and actually makin it a real story, but after I finish it as a fan fic of course. Anyways, enough with my crap and on with the story!



Chapter 11


The Loss of Memories



"You think so Inu yasha? I will tear you apart!" Naraku said in a growl. Inu yasha growled deeply in his throat and noticed that when he did that, Kagome backed away from him, looking somewhat scared. This made him confused. Why would she react like that? Unfortunately, he was so caught up in his own thoughts that Naraku took it as an opportunity to attack.

Before Inu yasha had time to react, Naraku grabbed him by the neck and slammed him against the wall, holding him there, making him drop the Tetsusiga. His feet were about 3 inches off the ground and he struggled to get free. He reached one of his clawed hands up and sliced off Naraku's hand.

Naraku dropped Inu yasha and jumped behind Kagome. "Get away from her you piece of shit!" Inu yasha growled viciously at him. "And if I refuse?" He asked as he took a knife from his robes and held it up to Kagome's neck, wrapping his other arm around her. To Inu yasha's surprise, Naraku's hand had grown back. "Don't fucking touch her!" Inu yasha shouted, yet stayed in his spot, afraid Naraku would slice her throat.

Kagome stayed completely still, just staring into Inu yasha's amber eyes. "Oh, but Inu yasha, I just can't help myself, she looks good enough to eat" he chuckled as he licked the side of her cheek. Kagome squinted her eyes shut in disgust. Inu yasha was pissed.

"Bad move" Inu yasha said in a deep voice before disappearing in front of his very eyes and re appearing right next to him. Naraku's eyes widened in surprise as Inu yasha knocked the knife out of Naraku's hand and pulled Kagome close to him before jumping back on the other side of the room. He gently pushed Kagome behind him and grabbed his Tetsusiga that laid on the floor and held it out in front of him.

"I'm impressed Inu yasha, I see you've been training" Naraku said in a amused voice. "I'de be glad to wipe that ugly smirk off your face" Inu yasha said as he charged at Naraku. Naraku easily dodged him and dug his claws in his back. Inu yasha screamed out in pain before turning around and cutting off his arm and pushing him to the ground.

He watched as Naraku's arm started to grow back. He held his sword above his head and sliced Naraku's head off. At first, it looked as though Naraku was dead, but his body kept living and trying to kill Inu yasha.

"God damnit, WHY WONT YOU DIE!" Inu yasha shouted before holding his sword above his head once again. "KAZA NO KIZU!!!" he said as he let his sword hit the ground, completely vaporizing Naraku to nothing but a pile of dust.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile in the real world...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Shippo was out playing with the village children while Miroku was trying to comfort Sango, telling her that Kagome would be fine, even though he was beginning to doubt it himself. "They should be done by now Miroku, its been three days!"

"Don't worry, I'm sure everything will turn out fine" He said as he wrapped his arm around her.

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE?" she practically shouted at him. He smiled down at her.

"To tell you the honest truth, I'm not, but one can always hope" He stated flately. She stared at him for a moment before resting her head on his shoulder. She started to cry softly. "There there Sango, don't worry so much, no matter what happens, I'll always be here for you" He said as he rubbed her back, getting further and further down her back.

"Really?" she asked him with hopeful eyes. "Of course".

She was about to get all happy and excited until she felt his wondering hand on her ass. She smacked him hard across the face. "Kami Miroku, you really know how to ruin a moment, don't you?!" She said as she smacked him again.

"I was only trying to lighten the mood!"

She sighed heavily before resting her head back down on his shoulder, but not before giving him a look that clearly said 'touch me there again and you'll die'.

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek. She blushed furiously when he did this. She looked up into his eyes and saw something in them that she had never seen before. Not want, but love. They stayed like that for a bit, staring into each other’s eyes. She waited for him to just lean down and kiss her, but he wouldn't budge.

Maybe he was waiting for her to kiss him. She blushed even deeper at the whole thought of it. She leaned up and lightly pressed her lips against his before quickly pulling away. He looked surprised at first, but then smiled down at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Inu yasha started to walk up to Kagome. She backed up against the wall. Was she scared of him? "Kagome..."
She didn't say anything, she just stared into his big golden eyes. Last time she saw him in this place, he tried to kill her. He kept walking closer and closer to her. He wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in her hair.

"I thought I lost you" he whispered into her ear. His words sounded so sweet to her, but she still didn't react to the hug. He looked into Kagome's eyes once again. "Is it really you? Are you really here?" She asked him with a tear in her eye.

"Yes Kagome, I'ts really me"

"Have you come to take me back?" she asked with hopeful eyes.

"Yes"

She started crying, finally she was going to get out of this fucked up place. When he began to pull away, Kagome immediately grabbed him and wrapped her arms around him. At that very moment, a bright light came from the end of the hall. It looked kinda like a portal. "Come on Kagome, lets go home" he said as he grabbed her hand and walked to the portal. They looked at each other once more before going through it.


~~~~~~~~

Kagome's and Inu yasha's eyes fluttered open. Inu yasha was still laying on top of her. Kagome blushed slightly when she noticed that he wasn't going to move. He leaned in closer and pressed his lips against hers. Her eyes widened in surprise. He pulled away to look at her face.

He didn't understand why she was so surprised he kissed her. They were kissing like all the time when she was insane... oh crap, that’s when it hit him.

"Kagome, do you remember anything that has happened in the last 2 months?"

She thought for a moment before answering. "The last thing I remember was I told you I was going home for some supplies, and Naraku kidnapped me and... tortured me..." She said the last part in a whisper. Inu yasha immediately got off of her and stood up as if nothing had ever happened.

"I saw something in the past while I was in that strange place. It was me, slicing my arms, and holding them out to you. I don't ever remember it happening, but somehow, I know it happened, please Inu yasha, tell me everything that I don't remember"

"Nothing happened" he said as he walked out of the hut. He had to get away. He finally had her, and she didn't even remember. He told her he loved her, and she said she loved him, and she didn't remember. This hurt Inu yasha worse than anything. It was to much for him to bare. When he walked outside, Miroku and Sango ran up to him. "Is she ok?"

"Yeah, she's fine" He replied a bit rudely before walking into the forest.

"Whats his problem?" Sango asked before walking into the hut.

"Sango? Miroku?" Kagome asked as they entered the hut. Miroku gave her a toothy grin and Sango literally jumped on Kagome in a tight friendly hug.

"How are you feeling Kagome?" Miroku asked as he took a seat next to her bed.

"A little nauseous, but other than that, I feel fine"

"I'm so happy your ok! We were so worried" Sango said as she pulled away from Kagome.

"Can I ask you guys something?"

"Anything" Sango and Miroku said at the same time.

"I have no memory of what happened while I was... Insane. Please, tell me everything that happened in the last 2 months". Miroku and Sango were quiet. What could they tell her? "I am afraid to tell you that it is not our place to tell you what happened, But I do feel you have the right to know. You should go talk to Inu yasha" Miroku said.

"But I did! And He told me that nothing happened!" At her words, Sango and Miroku glanced at each other.

Kagome knew something important happened. She just didn't know what it was. It wasn't her fault she couldn't remember! Why was Inu yasha punishing her for not remembering? Maybe... maybe something happened between them! After all, Inu yasha KISSED her after she woke up! She had to go find him.

She threw her covers of her and ran out of the hut to go find Inu yasha. She had to know what happened. She knew where he went. He always goes to the same place when he wants to think about stuff. So she headed for the god tree. It didn't take long for her to find him sitting on a branch of the tree.

"What do you want?" he asked her.

"Get down here, I want to talk to you"

"Maybe some other time" he said a bit annoyed. She was beginning to get angry now. What the fuck was his problem! "SIT BOY!" She yelled out.

THUD

"Fuck! What the fuck did you do that for wench?!" He asked her as he tried to pry himself off the ground. She didn't say anything. She kept her head down, her bangs covering her eyes. The spell wore off after a couple of seconds and Inu yasha looked to Kagome. He could smell... salt? He looked at Kagome and his face paled. She was crying!

"I...I ha..have the right.. t..to know what happened!" She stuttered out between sniffs. Inu yasha looked away. What could he tell her? That he confessed his love for her? That she did the same? Maybe the only reason she loved him was because she was insane. Maybe she didn't really love him at all. This hurt him so bad it made him want to burst out into tears, but he stayed strong and hid his emotions well.

"Maybe its better you don't know..." Inu yasha said as he was about to walk away. She grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. "NO! Your not going ANYWHERE till I get answers!" She practically screamed out. Little did they know that Miroku and Sango were watching them from far, behind a rock.

"Why wont he just tell her!" Sango said almost a bit to loud. "Shhh, Inu yasha will hear you!" Miroku said in a whisper. They stopped talking and kept watching the scene before them.

Inu yasha stared into her eyes. Something about his eyes made Kagome feel guilty. "I told you... you said that... I can't do this!" he said in a cracked voice before running off into the forest. Kagome dropped to her knees. Why wouldn't he just tell her! She started to cry hard into her hands, getting them soaked with tears.

Miroku and Sango took they're leave so Kagome wouldn't find out that they were watching. (they prolly knew anyways!). "Can't WE just tell her?" Sango asked in desperation. "Give it time, Sango, I'm sure Inu yasha will come around".

"And if he doesn't?"

"Then I WILL tell her. Weather its my place or not to say, she has the right to know. I will tell that to Inu yasha as well, but don't worry about that, I have a feeling that he will" He said to her as he started walking in the direction that Inu yasha had gone.

"Where are you going?"

"To tell Inu yasha that if he doesn't tell Kagome what happened, then I will" And with that, he disappeared into the forest. Sango walked up to the weeping Kagome and wrapped her arms around her. "Oh Sango, I'm so confused" she cried as she leaned into her.

"Don't worry Kagome, things will turn out fine, but right now, I think maybe you should go home, I'm sure your mother is worried sick about you".

Kagome wiped her tears away. "Your right, I should go" she said as she stood up.

She started walking to the well, until she saw Keade.

"Kagome! How are you feeling child?"

Kagome smiled weakly. "Fine I guess, except that I can't remember ANYTHING that has happened in the last 2 months!"

"Oh, don't worry about that, You'll remember everything within a month or so. Memory loss is common after the spell" this brought a smile to Kagome's face. "I will?!"

"Yes of course" she laughed.

"Did you hear that Sango?!"

"That’s wonderful Kagome!" Sango said as she stood up.

"Well, I'm off, I'll come back tonight, but i'll probably have to leave again to take some tests, I'll let you guys know" she said as she swung her legs over the top of the well. "Good bye!" and with that, she disappeared into the well.

Sango left to go into the forest to find Inu yasha and Miroku. She was going to tell them that Kagome was going to remember EVERYTHING anyways.

She heard voices from behind the bushes.

"YOU WILL NOT TELL HER! If ANYONE is going to tell her, it will be ME!" She heard Inu yasha's voice roar. She pushed back a tree branch and saw the two boys face to face, practically screaming at each other.

"BUT YOU WONT TELL HER! SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO KNOW!"

"It doesn't matter anyways. Keade says that memory loss is common after that spell. She'll remember everything within the next month or so..." Sango said casually as she walked up to the hot headed boys.

They stared at her for a moment, not saying a word. "She... she will?" Inu yasha stuttered out. He didn't know if this made him feel better or worse. What if she really never truly loved him. He didn't want to go through the embarrassment or the pain of her rejection.

"Yes, she will, so you can either tell her, or let her find out on her own, its up to you"

"Feh, Whatever, She can find out on her own then!"

"Fine" Sango said as she walked back to the village.

"Its probably better she finds out on her own anyways..."

"I agree..." Miroku said. "But I still think she would rather hear it from you" he said before getting up and following Sango to the village.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



A/N: And thats it for chapter 11. I decided to add more about Sango and Miroku's relationship, cause I didn't really talk about it before in my other chapters. Don't worry, there will be more, and I will post some lemons as well, just not yet. Gotta get more into the story first. I already have chapter 12 almost done.