InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Insanity ❯ Back to School ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Love and Insanity






A/N: Man, I'm really getting into this story. It will probably at least go up to chapter 20. Oh ya, I almost forgot to ask again. I want pictures! If any of you can draw, i would absolutely LOVE you if you would draw me some fan art of this fic, or of my Demonic Demons fic. PLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!! I want to eventually post my fics on a site and have fan arts of my stories. If you can do this for me, E-mail me at Diablos42069666@aol.com thank you for your reviews and enjoy the story!





Chapter 12



Back to School





"Hi mom" Kagome said tiredly as she walked into the house.

"Kagome! Your back! We were afraid something might have happened to you, you were gone for so long" Mrs. Higirashi said as she gave her a tight hug. She could tell something was wrong with Kagome, it was like a motherly instinct. "Would you like me to start you a bath?"

"Yes please, that would be great" Kagome said as she walked up the stairs to her room. She set her backpack on the ground and flopped onto her bed. She buried her face in her pillow. She couldn't stand to not know what had happened, especially if something happened between her and Inu yasha. Yeah, sure, her memories would eventually come back, but she didn't want to wait.

Why wouldn't Inu yasha just tell her? That look in his eyes before he ran into the forest. She couldn't get that look out of her head. It was as if she could see through his eyes that she had broken his heart. That made her feel even worse.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Kagome, your bath is ready!" She heard her moms voice through the door. "Thanks mom!" She yelled back before getting up and walking out of her room to the bathroom.

She closed the bathroom door behind her and began to strip off her clothes. Once all of her clothes were off, she looked into the mirror. She felt somewhat ugly as she looked at her naked body. She had such ugly scars from what had happened. She remembered how she had gotten 2 of the big ones. One that started at the middle of right below her breasts, all the way down to her bellybutton (the one Naraku had sliced over 2 times with his knife). The other one was the knife wound on her right leg where she remembered Naraku had stabbed her. She recognized the scars on her arms that went all the way down to her wrists from the mirror of memories in that demented place she went to. Yet still, she couldn't ever recall it happening, but she knew it had happened.

She looked away from the mirror, she couldn't look. She really did feel ugly. She cleared those thoughts out of her head as she stepped into the bath. She sighed as the hot water surrounded her body. It really did feel good to be home. She thought of telling her mother what had happened, but how would she tell her? "Oh hey mom, by the way, while i was gone, an evil demon tortured me until I was insane, and I stayed like that for 2 months, but I don't remember what happened..." Oh ya, like that was going to work.

'Maybe I'll tell her after things settle down... then again, maybe I just shouldn't say anything' she thought to herself as she dipped her hair into the water.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






Inu yasha sat on the lip of the well to Kagome's time thinking hard about everything that has happened. "Feh, its not like I have to tell her, she'll remember anyways. Besides, she probably didn't mean a word she said, stupid wench, I can't get her out of my head!" He said to himself.

'But still, she could have meant every word, but if she didn't, I don't know how I could live without her...' he thought to himself. Once Naraku is dead, and they finish collecting the jewel shards, what will happen after that? He didn't want to think about it. She'll probably leave and go back to her time for good.

His thoughts were interrupted by a familiar sent he picked up on. He sniffed the air once more and hopped off the well onto the grass. He looked up to the forest and saw Kikyo standing there, looking at him with her cold eyes. "Kikyo" Inu yasha murmured.

"My business is not with you tonight Inu yasha, Where is the child Kagome?" As if on que, a purplish light came from inside the well and you could here Kagome's feet touch the ground. She climbed up the well and swung her legs over. Once she saw Kikyo and Inu yasha, her eyes widened. Normally, she would have thought something was going on with Kikyo and Inu yasha. But because of what had happened in Kagome's head, Kagome was filled with relief at seeing Kikyo. The last image Kagome had of Kikyo, was her sliced in to two lifeless bloody halves on the ground.

"K...Kikyo!" Kagome yelped through tears. She started to slowly walk to her, her hand held out in front of her. "Your alive... You really alive!" she cried through both sadness and joy.

"I'm as alive as a dead person can be..." Kikyo said to her. Kagome gave a whimpered laugh before holding out her hands to her, still walking slowly to her. She stopped just inches in front of her. Kikyo leaned her face into hers and put her hand on her forehead. Then she put her thumb above her right eye and lifted her eyelid, as if checking her for something. She did the same with the other eye lid. Then she cupped Kagome's face in her hand and turned her head from right to left, examining her.

"You are not lost anymore, did my spirit guide you well?" Kikyo asked her, Kagome's eyes widened. "You helped me? Why? Why did you help me?" Kagome asked her, desperately wanting to know. "Once Naraku had told me what he had done, and why he had done it, I was determined to make sure you got your sanity back. If you were to die, the rest of my soul would return to me from your body, tormented and insane." Kagome gave Kikyo a confused look.

"So... it wasn't for me, it was for you?" Kagome asked her. Kikyo nodded. "Don't think to much into it" Kikyo spat out. Normally Kagome would have been hurt, but she knew Kikyo. She knew that deep inside, she wasn't a bad person, just like Sesshomaru ( If Sesshomaru was really all that bad, then why would he take care of Rin?)

Nothing was said as Kagome stood in front of Kikyo with the up most respect. Tears started to weld in her eyes. This woman was believed to be her reincarnation, and her rival. She felt her lip start to quiver as she quickly wrapped her arms around Kikyo, then just as quickly let go. Kikyo's eye's widened, "Are you sure your not still insane?" She asked skeptically. Kagome let out another whimpered laugh.

"I shall take my leave" Kikyo said as she began to walk into the forest.

"Wait!" Kagome yelped, Kikyo stopped but did not turn around.

"Thank you"

Kikyo paused for a moment before she continued to walk into the forest, until she was no longer in site.

Kagome turned to Inu yasha. She couldn't help but laugh at the look on his face. He looked so confused. "What the fuck was that about?" Inu yasha asked.

"Long story, i'll tell you about it later"

"We have plenty of time right now"

"No, actually, I gotta go back to my time again for at least a week, and take some tests" Kagome said casually.

Inu yasha started to feel anger building inside him. "You can't leave! What about the jewel shards, and Naraku?!?!" Inu yasha growled at her. Kagome's eyebrow started twitching in frustration. What ever happened while she was insane couldn't have been that drastic, he hasn't changed a bit!

"You can't tell me what I can and can not do! I have a life there to ya know! Those tests are important. I've been gone for more than 2 months! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY TESTS I'VE MISSED!" Kagome raged. "What’s more important, finding the jewel shards, or taking your stupid tests?" Inu yasha asked rudely.

"You just don't get it Inu yasha, and I don't care to explain it to you either. I'M GOING HOME!" She said as she turned around and walked up to the well. She put her hands on the lip of the well and was about to jump in.

"BITCH! DON'T TURN YOUR BACK TO ME!" Inu yasha roared.

Kagome turned to look at him with a look that Inu yasha knew only to well.

"SIT BOY!"


THUD


Inu yasha moaned in pain as he tried to pick himself off the ground. He looked up to see that Kagome had already jumped in. He stood up and walked back to the village. "Feh, what ever, she can go and take her stupid tests, I don't care".





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Kagome was walking to school the next day. It was a beautiful Monday morning with blue skies and white clouds. "Hey wait up Kagome!" Kagome turned around to see her 3 best friends running up to her.

"Hey!" Kagome said as Eri and Yuri hugged her, Ayame fallowing behind. "We haven't seen you in forever! We were starting to get really worried! Your grandpa told me that you had a kidney failure, and was in the hospital. After acouple weeks, me, Eri, and Ayame wanted to visit you, but your grandpa told us that they had to move you to a hospital out of state to get you a new one!" Yuri said to her with her hands on Kagome's shoulders.

Kagome sweat dropped. He just always had to make things so dramatic.

"Kagome, are you sure your ok, you look kind of tired?" Ayame asked.

"Oh I'm perfectly fine now, all cured!" She said as she walked down the school hall with her friends. Truth was, that she really was tired. She had been up all night studying for the tests.

The bell rang to warn the campus to get to there 1st period classes before the late bell rings. "Come on Kagome, were gonna be late!" Eri exclaimed. "Don't worry about me, I have to go to the office and make up all the tests I've missed. I'll probably be doing that for at least 4 or 5 days, and then i'll have to go to Saturday school to make up for the work i'll be missing when I make up the tests" Kagome sighed.

"I feel for you Kagome" Yuri said as she patted her back. "See you later" Yuri said as Eri, Yuri and Ayame turned and ran to get to their classes before they were late

Kagome waved to her friends before turning around to go to the office. She sighed restlessly. She was going to have to study all night every night this week till Friday.

Kagome turned the knob on the office door and walked in quietly. She walked up to the secretary. The secretary looked up at her as she approached. "Ah hello dear! I haven't seen you in like 2 months! Are you feeling better?" She asked.

"Yes I am, thank you"

"Miss Magumi is waiting for you down the hall, good luck with your tests" The secretary said as Kagome nodded and walked to the door down the hall.

Kagome walked into the room and shut the door behind her. There was a long desk in the middle of the room with chairs all around it, taking up most of the space in the room. She saw Miss Magumi (her principal) sitting in a big black leather chair in the middle of the table. Miss Magumi motioned her to take a seat.

Kagome sat down across from her and laced her hands together as she set them on the table. "Because you haven't been to school in a while do to your illness, I won't give you to many tests today. Once your done with all the tests I have given you, you can go home" She said as she pulled out a small stack of papers. She set them in front of Kagome.

Kagome took her pencil out of her backpack as her teacher left the room. She looked down at her tests and sighed again. Her teacher had given her 8 tests! If that was not that many tests, she didn't want to think how many tests she'll have to take for the rest of the week. 'This is going to take forever' Kagome thought to herself as she began to write down answers.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







When Kagome had finished her tests, its was already 12:30. She heard the lunch bell ring. She pulled all the finished tests together in a stack and left them on Miss Magumi's desk. She walked out of the office and decided that she would go to lunch first before she went home. She hadn't seen her friends for a while, and she missed them.

She saw her friends chatting at a table in the corner by the window of the lunch room. She walked up to them and sat down next to Yuri. "So, how did your tests go?"

"I think I passed them... I hope, I finished them for today, after lunch, I'm heading home and going to sleep, I was up all night studying"

"So did you break up with that self centered, two faced violent jerk boyfriend of yours?" Eri asked.

Kagome gave them a strange smile before putting her hands up in her defense. "He's not exactly my 'boyfriend' its complicated".

"Well, what ever he is, I think you should tell him to get lost and go out with someone... nice" She said as a certain someone caught her eye. "Someone with a bright smile, handsome features, brown hair, brown eyes, with a black shirt and dark blue jeanz" Kagome looked at Yuri in surprise.

"Wow Yuri, you really narrowed it down!" Kagome laughed.

"Well, think fast, cause he's coming this way"

Kagome turned her eyes to where Yuri was looking to see Hojo walking up. "Hello Higurashi, I heard you weren't feeling good, so I brought you this" He said as he handed her some sort of wood with strange carvings on it.

"It will bring you good health"

"Thank you Hojo" Kagome said as she put it inside her backpack.

"I was wondering, if your not doing anything, if maybe you would like to go out to the movies on Saturday?"

Kagome looked up at him. "Sorry, I have to go to Saturday school this Saturday"

Hojo looked a little upset, but then smiled at her. "Its ok, maybe some other time, see you later Higurashi" He said as he waved and walked out of the lunch room.

Yuri smacked her over the head. "What?!" Kagome asked.

Yuri just gave her that look that said 'You know what!'. The bell rang and Kagome friends had to leave for class. Kagome waved goodbye before picking up her pack and walking home.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





A/N: Well, thats it for chapter 12. Its 2:12am and i gotta get up early tomorrow. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Don't worry, lemons will be coming soon! lol, I know thats what your all waiting for you perverts lol. But like I said, i want to make it realistic, so I have to get just a little more into the story. Well, i'm tired. I'll update sooner if i get more reviews so REMEMBER TO REVIEW!



Arianna