InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
 
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 17
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome couldn't help but to stop and look at him.
 
For as long as she's known him, InuYasha has never sounded that pathetic in his life.
 
She watched as he fell to his knees and looked up at her.
 
Kagome was speechless. His eyes looked so sad, as if he had lost the most important thing in his life. She didn't know what to do.
 
“Kagome,” he started. He sounded so heartbroken. She locked eyes with him.
 
He swallowed this big lump in his throat. Whatever he was about to say took a lot of courage to do so.
 
“Kagome I was the baka,” he started off so softly that she was struggling to hear him. “I was the fool,” he continued to mumble.
 
Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked down at him, `what is he talking about,' she wondered as he continued.
 
“I have left you wondering alone all this time. Thinking you were alone when you weren't. You were never alone,” he stated seriously.
 
“InuYasha,” she tried to cut in.
 
“Please… let me finish.”
 
She abruptly stopped.
 
Two times. He had asked please - two times. Apparently, this was really important if he was taking time to be proper. Kagome just couldn't believe it.
 
“This won't ever come out right,” he started mumbling to himself as he locked eyes with the raven haired girl.
 
He shook his head as he looked down at the ground, uncertain if he should continue.
 
The field was silent as she watched him try to find the right words to explain to her everything he always wanted to tell her. Everything he knew he could never say, but with every fiber in his being, prayed that he could.
 
“Things have never been easy for me,” he began hesitantly. “My father left me with nothing but the Tutsiaga. My mother left before I had ever had a chance to understand the world. Sesshomaru never gave a shit to begin with,” he stated without any type of feeling.
 
He shook his head sadly back and forth. His silver locks cascading around his shoulders.
 
He took in a deep breath, “Kikyo.”
 
Kagome felt her heart lurch as he said the name. No matter how many times she heard it, she would never get used to the pain that entered that one vessel as he stated her name.
 
“…she was different in so many ways. I had never met anyone like her, but in the end…she left me too.” He shook his head once more, as he closed his eyes.
 
“Everyone has left. I have never had the opportunity for anyone to stay…until you came,” as he said this, he looked straight at her.
 
Kagome felt a blush creep on her cheeks, but she did not turn away.
 
“I did everything to keep you away. I yelled at you. I was rude to you. I constantly hurt you, but you never left. You were the one person that I wanted to leave, but you stayed. Constantly.”
 
Kagome closed her eyes as she turned her head away, “is that really what you wanted to say, InuYasha,” she replied dully. “Its nothing I haven't heard before,” she reminded him as she tried to cover up the hurt she felt in her heart. Everything that he said was something that she always knew to be true, but hearing him say it out loud, that was a total different story.
 
He let out a long sigh, “that's not how I meant it,” he replied quickly, frustrated at himself for not getting the words out right. He shook his head, “Look,” he replied finally.
 
She turned her head to look over at him, thinking this was what he wanted, but when she faced the amber eyed man, his eyes were a far off, facing some unknown force, “Nothing has ever made sense with us. We constantly fight. We get on each others nerves, and even try to kill each other.”
 
Kagome tried to pull her hand away, “You tried to kill me-”
 
“But,” he cut in, “in some weird way…we fit.”
 
 
*
*
*
 
A/N: Yes, I am stopping it here. Mwuahahaha! I need to draw out this part, and I wanted to add some dramatics, but we will see. There is at least one more chapter after this. I will see if I want to add an epilogue or not.
 
Big shoutout to Kokoronagomu!!! Thanks girl!
 
Thanks for reading, and please review!