InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Heals a Broken Heart ❯ The Oni's Poison ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Thank you for rescuing the lady…” Yuki bowed.
“Will she be okay?” Kagome asked.
“…Oh yes…I have treated the wound…the lady is a fast healer” Yuki smiled.
Fawks lay asleep in bed, Yoko sat at her side, mewling nervously. Groaning, she turned her head, doused in sweat from the fever.
Just like her mother, a pathetic bitch, I wonder if you're a slut like she was”
Her father's voice rang in her head, she groaned again. “…Mo…ther…”
Fawks sat beside her mother's hospital bed tears running down her face. The only sound in the empty room was the beep of life support. “Why are you crying, Fawkeisha?” Fawks looked up to see her mother smiling up at her, her brown eyes sparkling as they always did. Her black hair fanned out around her like a dark halo.
Mommy, please don't die! If you don't…I…I promise t…to be good and…and not fight in school anymore!” Fawks begged. “Enough of that now, child, If the lord says it's my time to go then there's nothing anyone can do” Fawks' mother said softly but firmly. Fawks nodded sadly. “Listen to me, Fawks, when I'm gone, social services is gonna take you and give you to your father…”
I don't wanna go to him” Fawks said. “And why not?” Fawks' mother asked. “I'm scared, what if he doesn't like me?” Fawks fidgeted. “He's going to love you…Just remember to be a good girl, and no matter what, I will always love you. Even if you don't feel it at times, I'll be watching over you…”
Tears ran over her cheeks, “…Mo…ther…”
Fawks' body soon began to glow with demonic aura. Yoko growled backing up, as her body lifted from the bed. It slowly lowered back down, Yoko watched her for several moments. Silence fell over the chamber, suddenly, flames burst out from around Fawks' body.
Inu-yasha stopped in his stride.
“What is it Inu-yasha?” Kagome asked.
“I…smell smoke…smoke and fire. It's coming from the village we left that girl at!”
“What?!” Sango began. The group dashed back to the village, several of the towns people were standing around the burning inn, including Yuki. She wore a concerned expression on her face.
“What's going on?!” Kagome asked.
“…I…I'm not sure…The inn just suddenly caught fire…Yoko made sure to get everyone out but…Lady Fawks is still inside!” Yuki said fretfully.
“Oh no!!” Kagome covered her mouth. A loud roar sounded not to far away from them. The group turned to see several villagers trying to restrain the now transformed Yoko, ropes tied around it, they tried to pull him back. The Kitsune bucked and roared angrily as it tried to free itself.
“It's all we can do to restrain Yoko, he still wants to go back inside and save his mistress. It's far too dangerous, even for a demon such as him…” Yuki explained.
Inu-yasha stepped forward, peering into the flames. “…She's still alive in there…”
“What?!” Miroku began.
“But how can that be?” Sango asked.
“I'm not sure, but I'm gonna save her…” Inu-yasha growled unsheathing the Tetsusaiga. “WIND SCAR!!!!!!” The wind from the blade dissipated as soon as it came close to the inferno. “What the hell?!”
“What are we gonna do?! Fawks is trapped…” Kagome began to panic.
Inu-yasha growled as an unpleasant scent assaulted his nose. The group looked up as Sessho-maru came striding into the village.
“…Oh no a demon!” Yuki squealed.
“Damn them, as soon as Lady Fawks is down they come swarming!”
“They don't waste any time, do they?” the villagers muttered angrily amongst themselves. Sessho-maru ignored them, coming up to the burning building.
“What the hell are YOU doing here?!” Inu-yasha growled. Sessho-maru, of course, ignored Inu-yasha gazing up at the inferno.
`…so that's what Naraku had planned…' Without a word, he stepped to the entranced, the fire gave way, letting him inside.