InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Heals a Broken Heart ❯ Painful Memories ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fawks lay in the burning room, the flames, barely touching her skin. Her mind caught in a sea of unpleasant memories.
Fawks looked up at the man the social worker had said was her father. He gazed down at her with contemptuous green eyes.
So that American bitch, Delilah got pregnant did she?”
Fawks in turn, glared at her feet.
“…feh, she was nothing but a whore, how are they even sure this is my child?”
She trembled, tears leaking from the corners of her eyes. Her father went down on his haunches in front of her, grabbing her chin.
“…Never forget, Fawkeisha, you were a mistake, you were never supposed to happen and should be grateful I'm even considering taking you in…”
Several more images of her father hitting her and forcing her to do chores at four years old, flashed before her eyes. Her brow furrowed, `…I hate him…that bastard…it's his fault my mother got sick…his fault I'm so miserable…' The ferocity of the flames around her intensified.
“…Are you…?”
`Eh?'
The vision of the demon dressed in fur and armor flashed before her eyes.
Are you so miserable…that you would wish to end your life…have you no one to live for?” His voice flooded her mind, though his lips did not move.
Fawks was silent for a long time.
`…No…I have nothing to live for…not anymore…'
“…You are mistaken…” his eyes sparkled.
Fawks looked up at him, Sessho-maru stood there passive and cold. Beside him appeared an image of a young girl holding a baby. She wore a concerned expression.
“…Father…don't be so mean to Fawkeisha-chan…”
`…M…Miyako…Siyo…'
You do have some one to live for…”
Fawks lowered her head, `…yes…I had forgotten…how could I forget…?'
“…Though you have trepidation in your life there are always those who are willing to lighten the load…”
An image of Kagome standing outside, a worried expression on her face filled her vision.
“…this young one wishes to help you…”
An image of Yuki also appeared.
This young one respects you, she sees you as an older sister…”
Tears began to run down Fawks face, but for a whole different reason.
“…Now tell me…are you still so miserable… that you would wish to end your life and leave behind all those who care about you…?” Sessho-maru questioned.
`No…I see now that would be too selfish…'
“…Do you wish to live?”
“Yes!! I want to live!! I want to see my sisters again!!” Fawks sobbed out loud.
Sessho-maru held out his hand, Fawks cautiously reached for it. There was a blinding white light.

The group and all the villagers had to shield their eyes from the light that sprung from the center of the inferno. When it dissipated, there stood Fawks and Sessho-maru, she was still holding his hand. Upon seeing his mistress, Yoko broke free of his bindings and his captors, bounding over to her.
“Fawks-chan!!” Kagome yelled as she and the others ran towards her as well. But she didn't hear her, she was lost in this demon's eyes. They were so cold, hiding an inner loneliness. She then smiled, “It seems you and I…are not so different…after all…”
With that she lost consciousness, falling onto, Yoko's back.