InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love is a Fickle Thing ❯ Seeing is Believing ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Love is a Fickle Thing
The results are in!
Inuyasha-4
Kouga-4
Undecided-2 (The Violent Tomboy said I indicated it will be Kouga, though)
Hm, pretty close. The polls are closed now, so you can't change your mind after this chapter. Many of you probably will though. For now, it's the chapter you've all been waiting for! Why has Inuyasha been acting so strange? Read on!
Chapter 15
Seeing is Believing
Inuyasha licked at Kouga's mark, lapping up the blood that seeped there. He growled lightly at the taste and grinned, his fangs pressing against the bruise.
“Stupid wolf.” He mumbled against Kagome's neck. “He really thinks he can take you? You were mine before that wolf ever met you. You're mine Kagome. I know it, and you know it. And once I'm done with you, that wolf with know it too.” Kagome whimpered as Inuyasha splashed some hot water from the spring onto the mark, stinging it.
“Now we can't have that blood getting the wolf wise, can we?” Inuyasha whispered. “I don't want him to walk in on the middle of us in the good part. I'll have to be fast this time, so he doesn't come barging in.” Inuyasha traced a claw over her breast, grinning as she hissed sharply.
“Ah, there it is.” He said, sniffing the air. “I was hoping I hadn't lost my touch with you, Kagome. It's nice to see you still want me.” Inuyasha stuck out his tongue and ran it along her shoulder. “But I suppose any man could get that reaction from a whore like you, hm? You sneak around with boys in your time every time you go back. I can smell them all over you. And then you come back here and accept Kouga's mate mark? And you call me a two timer? Kagome, of the two of us, you're the two timing whore.” Kagome fidgeted nervously. She reached up and dug her nails into Inuyasha's wrist, trying to hurt him enough to release her mouth. But it was as effective as trying to kill a youkai with a butter knife; it was not going to work well.
“Trying to hurt me?” Inuyasha chuckled. “Why Kagome, I knew you were a whore, but I didn't know you liked that.” Inuyasha reached up from her chest and drew a claw down the bridge of her nose, leaving a thin trail of blood in its wake. Inuyasha then leaned forward and ran his tongue over the blood, leaving a bloody smear over her nose. Kagome couldn't help but feel her body react, and Inuyasha growled again as her scent spiked again.
“Yeah, that's what I thought. You get off on that, don't you Kagome? No wonder you fell for a hanyou; you like that I can hurt you.” Kagome mumbled under his hand, her heart racing. What was going to happen now? Kouga would probably kill Inuyasha, or even vice versa. Sango and the others would know what had happened, and when. How could she look them in the eye? Kaede, so much like a second mother, her eyes would…
Kagome gasped as an idea came to her. Kaede! Summoning the shattered, lust-filled portions of her runaway mind, she concentrated on the hands around Inuyasha wrist while the hanyou was busy kissing his way down her neck to her torso. He jerked his head up and frowned as Kagome's hands started to get warm.
“What the hell are you doing?” he snarled. Kagome locked eyes with him and glared as she sent her miko power coursing into his wrist. Inuyasha howled as his wrist was burned in a flash of purity. He stumbled back, and released his hand from Kagome's mouth. She took a deep breath.
“SIT! Sit sit sit sit sit sit!” she screamed, hoping to keep him under water long enough for her to get away. She turned and put her hands on the bank of the hot spring to climb out, when a pair of hands grabbed her waist and pulled her back in.
“Now Kagome, is that any way to treat the man you love?” Inuyasha growled. Kagome gaped. Why didn't the rosary work? Inuyasha spun her around and pulled her into a kiss, cramming his tongue into her mouth. Kagome bit down and grabbed at his chest to push him back. And stopped. She froze, her hands just under his neck, ready to push him away. Oddly enough, Inuyasha's assault on her mouth had stopped too. Kagome looked down at her hands, at Inuyasha's rosary.
Or rather, the rosary that wasn't there. Kagome gulped and glanced at Inuyasha. He bared his fangs and bit down on her lip, drawing blood. Kagome finished pushing him away and stepped back.
“H…how?” she stammered. Inuyasha looked at his bare neck and growled.
“Damn it. I knew I forgot something.” He muttered. Then his head snapped up, and he jumped away as Kouga's fist slammed the water where he had been.
“You filthy fucking half breed piece of trash1” Kouga roared, jumping out of the spring. He dove at Inuyasha and rolled him onto the ground. “That's it, I don't care what the fuck Kagome does to me, you piece of shit, I'm killing you here and now.”
“You never could kill me before wolf, and you never will!” Inuyasha taunted. He flexed his claws and threw Kouga away. Kagome watched them fight, her eyes still trained on Inuyasha's neck, and the lack of a rosary. Only she could take it off of him, Kaede said. So how could he not have it? Unless…her eyes darted to his waist as he evaded a kick from Kouga. No sheath. No sword. No Tetsusaiga. Kagome gasped as Kouga pushed Inuyasha back into a tree.
“Kouga! That's not Inuyasha!” she screamed. Kouga frowned as Inuyasha grinned brightly.
“Then who are you?” he asked. Inuyasha sneered.
“You and the miko really are a good match, wolf.” He said darkly. Kouga's eyes widened as his voice deepened. “You're the stupid one that kills the youkai, and she's the smart one that keeps you from getting killed. Too bad it won't work this time.” Inuyasha put a hand into Kouga's chest. Kouga went flying into the hot spring as the tentacle drove him underwater. Inuyasha swung and knocked a large stone on the bank into the spring. He jumped over the water and grabbed Kagome by the neck.
“Now then, where were we?” he asked, licking his lips. Kagome shook as she finally recognized `Inuyasha's' new voice.
“Naraku?” she whispered. Naraku smirked.
“I like how my name sounds on your lips, miko.” He chuckled. “Now I'm going to make you scream it.” Naraku was about to say more, but was distracted by the simple fact the he was missing an arm. Inuyasha landed beside the, Tetsusaiga out as the hand around Kagome's neck lost it's grip and fell to the ground, returning to it's true form as a brown tentacle. Inuyasha turned and stared at himself, so to speak.
“What the hell?” he muttered. Naraku sighed and glared at him.
“These interruptions are becoming annoying.” He growled, jumping at Inuyasha. The illusion gone, his lower body and legs split into a flurry of brown tentacles. Inuyasha jumped and landed next to Kagome.
“What the hell is Naraku doing here?” he asked. A tentacle slammed into the tree next to them, and Inuyasha wrapped his arm around Kagome's waist and jumped to safety.
“Naraku came to me in the hot spring. I thought he was you…” Kagome whispered. Inuyasha cursed as realization dawned on him. He landed and faced Naraku.
“Naraku, you son of a bitch! You're going to die, you bastard!” Naraku, still with Inuyasha's torso and head, raised an eyebrow.
“Bastard? Son of a bitch? Inuyasha, you're one to talk.” He chuckled. Inuyasha jumped and hacked off an arm as Naraku evaded the blow meant for his head. Kagome's eyes darted to the quiver of arrows by the spring. She reached a hand forward and grabbed her bow and arrows.
“She liked it, you know.” Naraku cackled, blocking Tetsusaiga and slamming Inuyasha into a tree. “The touching, the licking, the bleeding. Maybe you miko has developed feelings for me, Inuyasha.” Another tentacle drove itself at his heart. “Don't worry, I'll take good care of your miko, just as I took care of your last one!” Naraku roared. Kagome aimed her arrow at Naraku's chest.
“Hit the mark.” She whispered. The arrow glowed pink as she let it fly towards Naraku. Naraku saw the flash of light, and screamed as the purity arrow tore through his body, neatly slicing him in half. Inside his chest, a small clay doll with a single strand of black hair around it crumbled to dust, and the rest of Naraku's body followed. Far away, in a dark castle, a cold pair of eyes watched as a similar doll was sliced in two.
Kagome fell to her knees panting, dropping her bow beside her. Inuyasha sheathed Tetsusaiga and walked to her side.
“Good shot.” He said quietly. “I've never seen you put that much power into your arrows before. How did you do it?” Kagome looked up at him. What was she supposed to say? `I had Kaede teach me to control me powers because I was afraid of you'? Luckily, she never answered because an explosion of rock from under the hot spring drew their attention. Kouga climbed onto the bank, coughing up water.
“What the hell just happened?” He sputtered, looking at Kagome and Inuyasha. Inuyasha looked back down at Kagome.
“That's what I want to know.” He said. Kagome got to her feet and looked between the two of them. Kouga. The man she was possibly starting to love. And Inuyasha, the man she had loved before Naraku.
With the rush of battle gone, reality reared it's ugly head as a thousand pieces clicked into place. It Naraku. Naraku in the cave, Naraku in the village, Naraku in the hot spring. Inuyasha had been telling the truth.
So Kagome did the logical thing. She turned and ran into the forest.