InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love is a Fickle Thing ❯ Opinionated ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Love is a Fickle Thing
Chapter 21
Opinionated
Kagome sighed and walked down the street on her way home. She had, conveniently enough, had a math test that day. So rather then spend another month or so in the Sengoku Jidai, only to come back and make it up after school. She had been caught unprepared, and figured she failed. Her grades had been A's before her fifteenth birthday. Now she barely broke a B average.
“Kagome!” a voice called. Kagome stopped and turned around. Yuka, Eri and Ayumi ran up to her. “We were headed to Wacdonalds.” Ayumi said. “Do you wanna come?” Kagome sighed.
“I'm not really in the mood guys. I'm kinda busy thinking about some things.” Eri grabbed her arm.
“Well a burger will get your mind off those things and clear your head.” She insisted, dragging Kagome down the street. Kagome started to protest again, but decided not to. The more she did here, the more time she had before she had to face Kouga and Inuyasha.
- - - - - - - - - -
Kagome sipped her soda and vaguely paid attention to her friends. When she had tuned out for the most part, Ayumi was starting to tell Eri and Yuka about her new boyfriend, some named Ken. Or was it Keith? Kagome couldn't remember now. Every time she spent time with her friends, she was reminded of how much she had changed, and left her friends behind.
“Well?” Ayumi trilled, snapping Kagome from her thought. Kagome sputtered on her soda.
“Huh?' she asked, confused.
“I asked how you and your boyfriend were doing!” Ayumi asked again. Kagome gulped.
“Boyfriend?” she squeaked.
“Yeah, the two-timer!” Yuka reminded her. Realization dawned on Kagome. Of course.
“Um, we're…”
“Oh my god, he dumped you!” her three friends cried.
“No he didn't!”
“You dumped him?” Eri asked. “Kagome, it's about time!”
“Well, I kinda…started seeing someone else.” Kagome muttered. The air was filled with the sound of three jaws hitting the floor in harmony.
“You did?” Ayumi asked.
“Kagome, two rights don't make a wrong.” Yuka recited.
“So who is the new guy? If he a two-timer too?” Eri finished. Kagome wasn't really sure what any of them said, since they all said it in unison.
“One at a time!” she pleaded.
“Why would you two-time yourself?” Yuka asked.
“Well, it's complicated…” Kagome whispered, looking at her feet.
“We're right here Kags.” Ayumi chided. “Spill the beans, what happened?” Kagome spent a moment trying to twist her odd tale into one her friends would understand; and believe.
“Well, I came about a week ago.” She started. “He was waiting for me alone.”
“This is starting to sound like a cheesy romance novel.” Eri muttered. Yuka elbowed her in the side.
“Well, he started to kiss me…” Kagome continued. “Then he did…more then kissing. I told him to stop. And he didn't.”
“Well no wonder you dumped him!” Eri shouted, jumping to her feet. “I say the rapist two-timer deserved it!”
“It wasn't him.” Kagome sighed. “It was just someone I thought was him.” Yuka moaned.
“Oh man…so what did you do?”
“Well this other guy was on his way to see me. He took me away and saved me.” Kagome told them.
“So who is this guy?” Ayumi asked.
“His name is Kouga. He's been after me for around a year now, but I've always been with Inuyasha.”
“Inuyasha?” Eri asked.
“The two-timer.” Kagome explained. Ayumi stamped her foot.
“Hojo, Inuyasha, Kouga…how come you get all the guys Kagome?” she asked.
“Ayumi!” Yuka scolded. “You were saying Kagome?”
“Well I started to get close to Kouga, and dumped Inuyasha. But then I found out that it wasn't Inuyasha, and now he's really hurt, and I want to take him back but that will just hurt Kouga, but if I stay with Kouga, I'm still hurting Inuyasha, and I'm with a guy I don't really love.” Kagome wailed. Her head fell forward onto the table.
“So what are you going to do?” Yuka asked.
“I don't know.” Kagome said to the table.
“That's easy, go with Kouga.” Eri snorted. Kagome lifted her head. “It's sad what happened and all, but everything happens for a reason. You were meant to forget about Inuyasha and have a relationship with Kouga. Besides, Inuyasha two-timed you and obviously doesn't care about you, so why go with him anyway?”
“If he didn't care about her, why would he be hurt?” Yuka countered. “Just because he's not as open with his feelings as most people doesn't mean he doesn't care. He must have some feelings for her if he's hurting. Kagome must have felt for him too if she chose him at all! If he didn't do it, then their back to square one.” Eri opened her mouth again, but Kagome didn't hear as a finger tapped her on the knee. She followed it back to see Ayumi jerking her head out the window. Sparing a glance at Yuka and Eri, and seeing they were bust debating, she got up and followed Ayumi outside.
“What's up?” Kagome asked.
“Go home.” Ayumi said. Kagome raised an eyebrow. “It doesn't matter who you choose, if you listen to those two, they'll try to convince you who you want. Then you'll just feel bad because they forced you into it. You're the only one who can make this choice Kagome, no matter what anyone thinks. My advice is to go home and decide on your own. That's all you can do.” Kagome smiled at her friend.
“Thanks. Ayumi, who would you choose?” Ayumi shrugged.
“Who's the hottest one?” she asked with a grin. Kagome laughed and turned to walk home. She reached to shrine and found her mother gardening.
“Hello Kagome.” She said, looking up at her daughter.
“Mom, could you dinner up to me tonight? I'm going to be in my room.” Kagome said. Her mother frowned.
“Is something wrong Kagome?” she asked.
“No mom. I just…have a lot of thinking to do. I'm going back to the feudal era tomorrow. I need something to tell Inuyasha and Kouga.”
Two chapters left. Next chapter, Kagome confronts Inuyasha again, and makes her choice.