InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love's Smirking Revenge ❯ The Weight of "Us" ( Chapter 33 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Love's Smirking Revenge
- Chapter Thirty-Four -
The Weight of “Us”
Inuyasha hesitated before opening the door to his apartment. He wanted her to be inside with every bone that was in his body. He'd been busy enough at the precinct to keep his mind preoccupied for the majority of the day, but his walk home had been a long one fraught with worry.
He wasn't sure what he'd do if she'd left, wasn't sure what he could do. He'd put all of his trust in her, more than anyone ever before in his life. It was a first for him and he was having difficulty adjusting. It would be a while before he'd be accustomed to the vulnerability that went along with letting someone in completely. There were so many ways she could hurt him now, but the only one he cared about for the moment was the immediate one - had she stayed?
His key clicked in the lock and he pushed the door open.
What struck him first was the smell - her scent wrapped around him like a warm hug, putting his fears at ease. He exhaled with relief as he kicked the door shut behind him and set his bags down on the floor.
Kagome emerged from the living room wearing a brilliant smile and he eagerly scooped her up for a kiss. She tossed his hat aside and mussed his hair, laughing at the small rumble of pleasure that reverberated through his chest when she scratched behind his ears.
He set her down gently, not yet willing to let her go completely, and her arms lingered around his neck.
“How was work?” she wondered.
He made a face and shrugged, “Work.”
“I missed you,” she purred, planting a kiss on his cheek.
He grinned and pulled back, taking a moment to look around his apartment.
“It smells like a woman in here.”
She laughed and pulled out of his embrace, “Well you had one cooped up here all day.”
Retrieving his hat from the floor, he set it down on the table and took a moment to look around his sparkling clean apartment.
“You cleaned?”
She shrugged and straightened a pile of letters on a side table.
“I got bored. Did you think I was just going to lay in bed naked waiting for you to get back?”
He lifted his brow and gave her a lopsided grin.
“The thought crossed my mind.”
She glared at him playfully and hopped up onto the kitchen counter. He settled himself between her legs and wrapped his arms around her narrow waist.
“Wanna stay forever? I could use a cleaning lady.”
“I've already got a job, one that I need to get back to tomorrow.”
His face fell but he nodded in agreement.
“Yeah, I know. A man can dream though, right?”
His gave her a lingering kiss before pulling away and opening the fridge door.
“I wasn't allowed to leave so I couldn't buy any groceries,” she explained, frowning at the empty fridge.
“What'd you want to do for dinner? Eat out or eat in?”
“I vote both.”
He grinned at the double entendre and scooped her up off the counter.
“You ask, I deliver,” he quipped, snatching the phone book off the floor.
The sudden dance rhythm of her cell phone's ring jingled through the apartment. She frowned and squirmed down to fish it out of her purse.
“Sorry,” she apologized, pulling it out. “It might be work. I have to take it.”
Content to wait, he set the phone book down and made himself comfortable at the kitchen table. He was just flipping to the restaurant section of the phonebook when she answered.
“Rin?”
Rin… He knew that name. The girl from the club? His interest piqued, he looked up and watched her expression morph from surprise to concern.
“Yeah, it's no problem. Where are you?”
Kagome shot him a helpless look and slumped down onto the arm of his sofa.
“Okay, that's not far from here. Come on over, I'll give you directions.”
Inuyasha sat back and tried very hard to keep a `what the fuck' expression off his face. A few minutes later Kagome snapped her phone shut and looked at him apologetically.
“I'm sorry… I know you don't like inviting strangers over, but she sounded really upset.”
Setting her phone aside she lowered herself onto his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.
“I promise I'll make it up to you.”
He smirked and brushed his lips down her arm, “Yes, you will.”
Pursing her lips, she flicked his ear and turned her attention to the phone book.
“So… Italian or Indian?”
xXx
Rin hesitated before knocking on the door. This seemed like the right address but did Kagome really live in a place like this?
She heard a door slam loudly on another floor and some shouted profanities in the stairwell. Pulling out her phone, she dialled 1-1-0 just in case. When she looked up she met the dead-eyed stare of a man at the end of the hall. He lingered in his doorway, eyeing her up and down. He cupped himself and blew a kiss in her direction and she did her best to pretend she hadn't seen it.
Deciding that it would be better to wait inside Kagome's place than stay any longer in the hall, she sucked up her courage and knocked loudly on the door. Kagome's voice greeted her from the other side and a moment later the door was jerked open. She smiled at her and gestured for her to come inside. The sudden wave of relief she felt at seeing a friendly face almost brought her to tears.
“Rin! What happened?”
Kagome put an arm around her shoulder and led her to the couch. She sank down into it and looked around the clean but shabby apartment.
“This your place?” she managed with a dubious look. She didn't want to be judgmental, but she really thought Kagome had better style. The place looked like a total bachelor pad.
Kagome seemed to find her question particularly funny and laughed as she got up to get them something to drink.
“Hell no! Come on, Rin. I've got better taste than this! This is my boyfriend's place. I was already here when you called so I thought it'd be better if you just came here. I hope that's okay?”
She set a glass of water in front of her and settled down in the lay-z-boy with a concerned look. Rin took a shaky sip of the water and shook her head.
“No, no it's fine. I'm so sorry to intrude. Is he here?”
Her eyes glanced around the small apartment and Kagome nodded towards the bathroom.
“He's in the shower. He just got in from work so he said it'd give us a chance to talk alone for a bit.”
Blowing out a quiet sigh of relief, Rin relaxed back into the chair and tried to piece together everything that had happened to her today. She didn't have the first clue how to put any of it into words. First with Sesshomaru, and then the news about her brother… How was it possible for her entire universe to be turned upside down in the course of an hour?
“Rin, you look really shaken up. What happened today? Did one of the customers at the club hurt you?”
She shook her head, but couldn't meet Kagome's eye. Looking to stall, she took another sip of her water and quietly set the glass down again.
“I don't work at the club anymore,” she managed after softly clearing her throat.
“What? Since when?”
“Two days ago.”
“Did you find a new job?” Kagome's tone was hopeful and she felt a bit ashamed to shake her head again.
“Not exactly. Remember that private customer I had?”
She looked up long enough to see Kagome's head nod before returning her gaze to the table. The breath escaped her lungs in a quiet sigh before she admitted, “He paid the owner to let me out of my contract.”
“Rin…”
Kagome's tone was wary and she blushed.
“It… It's not like that. I knew him from before, from when I worked at the Café.”
It was Kagome's turn to sit back.
“So he was a friend?”
Rin hesitated before nodding, “Something like that…”
“That's good then, right?”
She went quiet, not quite sure how to explain the rest. She didn't want to worry Kagome needlessly, but she needed someone else to know. She needed someone who didn't know anything about Sesshomaru to tell her that she was absolutely crazy for leaving with him and that she should report him to the police. Her own brain didn't seem capable of accepting either, and neither did her heart.
“I think… I think he might have had something to do with the fire at the Café.”
Kagome's brows shot up, “Why do you think that?”
Rin paused for a heartbeat before answering, “He's yakuza.”
She looked up at Kagome's gasp and held her breath. This was exactly the reaction she'd been expecting. Kagome looked torn between wanting to hug her and wanting to shake some sense into her.
“How long have you known?” she breathed.
“I only found out today. He doesn't know I know, but maybe he's figured it out by now… I just kind of ran off.”
Kagome frowned and got to her feet. She paced a few steps back and forth before sitting down again. She reached across the chair and suddenly took her hands in hers. They were warm and she held them tight until their eyes met.
“You can stay with me for as long as you need to, no questions asked.”
Rin nodded hesitantly, having no intention whatsoever on taking her up on the offer. She couldn't impose on her like that. She and Kagome were friends from work, but they weren't close enough that she'd feel comfortable doing that.
Sensing her reluctance, Kagome dropped her hands and took her by the shoulders instead.
“Rin, these people are no joke. You don't want to get involved with someone like him. Believe me, I would know.”
“What do you mean?”
Kagome's hands suddenly dropped away and she looked uncomfortable.
“I…,” she began to say, but thinking better of it she shook her head.
“That's not important now. Just please promise me you won't go back to him. I know he seems different from any man you've ever met and how alluring that can be, but it's not worth it. Trust me.”
The tears suddenly glimmering in her friend's eyes didn't escape Rin's notice. There was obviously a long back story there that Kagome didn't feel comfortable sharing. She wished she would. Maybe it would give her some perspective. Right now all her brain was doing was agreeing with everything she was saying about him being alluring and mysterious without taking the time to comprehend any of the consequences.
“Thanks for the offer, but I'll be okay.”
“Are you sure?”
Rin jerked her head in a nod and Kagome seemed to reluctantly accept it.
“If I'm interrupting `girl talk' I can leave.”
Rin's eyes opened wide and her head shot up. Kagome was smiling over her shoulder at her boyfriend who'd just emerged from the hall and was on his way to the fridge. She knew that voice! Still, she waited until he emerged from the kitchen to be sure. Detective Takahashi stepped out into the living room with a beer in hand and smiled at her.
“Rin, long time no see.”
She looked at Kagome, her eyes filled with panic.
He's your boyfriend?”
“Ouch…”
The Detective gave her a sour look before disappearing into the kitchen with his beer. Kagome merely shrugged.
“I didn't think it mattered. Look, if you're in trouble he can help. Give him the name of this guy and he'll take him in. You don't have to be scared of him anymore!”
Rin shook her head and slowly got to her feet.
“I'm sorry, I have to go.”
Kagome jumped up and tried to stop her.
“Rin, come on. Let us help you!”
“No!” She pulled her arm out of Kagome's grasp and slung her purse over her shoulder.
“I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come.”
“Rin, wait!”
She heard Kagome call to her as she pulled open the door, but she couldn't stop. This wasn't what she wanted. Jail? No… Never! Just the thought of Sesshomaru being caged up like some vicious animal was ludicrous. He didn't belong in that place, next to petty thieves and thugs. He'd saved her too many times to be repaid like that!
She slammed the door to the Detective's apartment shut behind her and tore down the stairs to the street, praying they wouldn't follow.
On the surface her meeting with Kagome hadn't accomplished much, but it'd been exactly what she'd needed. It'd helped her to get her thoughts and priorities in order. If she was going to find the strength to confront him, it was going to come from within. No one else could do it for her. It was decided then - she'd have to face him herself, demand an explanation, and go from there.
He didn't deserve any less, and neither did she.
xXx
Kagome sensed that he was awake before she opened her eyes. Rolling over, she tucked herself neatly into his side and rested her head atop his shoulder. His hand went to her back and drifted down her spine.
“Do you do this a lot?”
“Wake up with a beautiful woman in my bed?” he quipped. After a moment of silence on her end, he sighed softly.
“It comes and goes. Some weeks are worse than others.”
She shifted and re-adjusted her head to get more comfortable.
“What are you thinking about this time?”
He pulled in a deep breath and lifted his brow as though he hardly knew himself. Letting it out with a `whoosh' he confessed, “About your friend from earlier.”
“Rin?”
She lifted her head to study his features in the dim light. He wasn't giving anything away. He stared thoughtfully at the ceiling, his hand still drawing figures up and down her back.
He nodded and thought to himself for a moment before adding, “I've met her before.”
“I know. I saw you talking to her at the Club. At the time I thought maybe you were talking to her about me.”
He shook his head and frowned. “She's the only witness to that arson at the Café.”
“I thought there weren't any witnesses,” Kagome interjected, her tone guarded. “I knew she worked there but…”
Again, he shook his head.
“No, she was there,” he said, the gravity of his tone suggesting there was more to the story.
“She gave me the guy on a silver platter, even brought in an ID sketch she'd done of him. Then she suddenly gets cold feet and wants nothing to do with the case. She refused to press charges and then claimed she had no idea why he'd targeted her.”
A knot of worry twisted in her stomach. “Press charges for what?”
“You didn't know?”
He lifted his head to look at her but at seeing the blank expression on her face laid back down again. Another sigh escaped his lips and his hand stilled on her back.
“The guy raped her before he burned the building down. That's how I knew it was personal. Ishii didn't have any sexual assaults on his record. He was strictly an arson guy, which means she was more than a victim of opportunity.”
“Ishii… That's your witness who got killed, right?”
Inuyasha frowned. “Yeah, that's him. He was handpicked to burn down the café and send a message to someone through your friend Rin. Who that someone is, I don't know. Then the one guy who can connect the dots for us winds up dead. She shows up here tonight and the minute she sees me she darts out of here faster than a cat across a hot tile roof.”
“So you're saying you think she knows more than she's letting on?”
“I'm saying I don't believe in coincidences. Rin knows who's behind this. She's gotten herself in over her head and is scared.”
“Maybe I could talk with her again?” she suggested, resting her chin atop her hand.
He thought it over a moment before shaking his head.
“Too late now. She knows we're connected so she's not going to trust you.”
Kagome shook her head and sighed in frustration. She hated feeling so helpless. Rin was a good kid; the thought of anything bad happening to her forced her heart into her throat.
“This is stupid. We're only trying to help her,” she moaned, knowing all too well what it felt like to be in her position.
She'd been there, kami how she'd been there. She knew how easy it was to make excuse after excuse for them, to deny that anything was wrong. And she could remember, too, refusing help from anyone who offered it. Going from day to day with that constant fear of discovery was no way to live.
Inuyasha nodded understandingly and combed his fingers through her hair.
“Yeah, I know. If she's involved with those kinds of people though, we really can't protect her. You know that better than anyone. For now, she's smart to keep her mouth shut - even if it's frustrating as all hell for me and my case.”
“So what are you gonna do in the meantime?”
“Lay awake and try to find the missing link,” he answered with a humourless smile.
xXx
It was after midnight when she finally stood outside his door staring at the nameplate. The kanji had been carved into a sleek slab of black granite and then inlaid in the wall next to his door. It was opulent and a bit gaudy, she thought, but it went with the territory of owning a penthouse suite. Her eyes lingered on the kanji of his name. They were simple and innocuous, so painfully normal and yet they'd changed everything she thought she knew about him.
Her afternoon had been spent inside a McDonalds, sipping cups of lukewarm coffee and going over everything she wanted to say to him. He did a fair good job of avoiding questions he didn't feel inclined to answer which only made her search for the truth all the more frustrating. She could go inside his place tonight and end up leaving with no more answers than she'd had when she arrived.
After a long internal debate, she eventually fished his business card out of her purse and called the number for his chauffer. The man answered sounding very formal and businesslike. She gave him directions to the restaurant and he told her he'd be there in exactly 20 minutes.
A black Bentley with dark tinted windows pulled up exactly 19 minutes later and the driver opened the door for her to get in. It was a silent ride to his apartment. She tried to pay attention to the streets so she could find her way back to the city centre if need be, but the driver took enough twists and narrow side streets to make that impossible.
When they arrived at his apartment complex, Rin stared up at it uncertainly through the window.
“When you go inside, please take the elevator to the 37th floor,” the driver instructed helpfully.
She thanked him with a distracted nod and exited the car.
She had a long time to consider her decision on the elevator ride up. She could leave now and he would never know she'd been here at all. He might even leave her alone for good. But then she'd feel like a coward and would never know the reason why he'd imposed himself on her life.
Plus, there was the issue of her brother. In her heart she knew he was the only person she could talk to about him. He would know what to do, maybe he could even help. If her brother truly was alive then her entire world was about to change. Regardless of everything else and his part in it, she needed him - just this one last time.
She cleared her throat and steeled herself to expect the worst before ringing his doorbell. It was quiet inside. She couldn't hear any sound of movement, no music on the radio or buzz from the TV - not that he ever watched any. She hadn't once seen him turn on the large plasma screen that hung over the deco fireplace in his sitting room.
His lock turned over with a hollow click and the door was pulled open. He stood in the doorway, his body haloed by the dim light from the kitchen. They stared at one another in silence for a long moment before he pulled away and stood to the side so she could enter. She set her bags down on the floor and took off her jacket while he retreated towards the living room.
He retrieved a glass of something alcoholic from the kitchen counter as he passed it by, the ice cubes inside clinking loudly. Wary of his silence, she followed him into the sitting room. He'd settled himself on the leather sofa and was sipping from the glass in his hand. The smell of alcohol was strong and his decanters were looking rather empty.
“Are you drunk?” she asked, her brow lifted in surprise.
His glassy eyed gaze shifted to her and then back at the wall. She'd seen him drink before, but she had a feeling it took a lot to get him to the point he was at now - lounging on his expensive leather couch, with the collar of his shirt unbuttoned and his sleeves rolled.
Wondering if it was still a good idea to talk to him like this, she lingered next to the ottoman before finally sitting down on top of it. Her mind struggled over what question she wanted answered first. If his inhibitions were low, maybe he'd actually answer a few of them.
Surprisingly, he was the one to start asking questions.
“What happened today?”
She blushed and looked away, her eyes flittering to the lush area rug covering the floor.
“I left to meet up with a friend.”
He gave her a flat look that indicated exactly how much credence he gave that particular excuse. He maintained a taciturn silence and she sat back. She was used to him being quiet, but this was different. The air around him was charged, like it'd been on the night he'd taken her from VOSS. He was not pleased and his ire was directed squarely at her.
It was true that she hadn't exactly chosen the best part of town to run off in. At the time she hadn't spared a single thought for what he might imagine had happened to her. With his personal enemies everywhere she would have made an easy target. Suddenly aware of how her disappearance might have looked from his perspective, she felt a twinge of guilt.
“I didn't mean to make you worry,” she muttered, keeping her gaze on the floor.
He didn't respond, but the subtle relaxation of his posture implied that he accepted her apology.
“Do you know who's behind the arson at the Café?” she asked, eager to get some answers for herself.
He didn't seem surprised by her question or the suddenness of it.
“I have my theories,” he answered without sparing her a glance.
He got to his feet and re-filled his glass with a sizeable amount of whiskey before replacing the lid on the decanter.
“Whoever did it is connected to you somehow, aren't they?”
Silence.
Her eyes followed him to the window. He took up a position in front of it and sipped from his glass, watching the cars 37 stories below.
“That guy who attacked me… You had him killed this morning didn't you?”
Again, silence.
“Do you do that often?” she asked, getting to her feet.
“When it is necessary,” he replied matter-of-factly.
She paced across his living room before deciding that she needed a drink of her own. Escaping to the kitchen, she took down a glass from the cupboard with trembling hands and filled it from the tap.
His blasé admission to a contracted killing had left her head reeling. She knew his world was different from hers, but it wasn't until this moment that she understood just how different. His was a world of money, weapons, intimidation and revenge killings. Quiet girls from Gifu who studied English, enjoyed singing K-Pop karaoke and indulged in baking didn't belong.
She turned around to find him behind her, leaning against the opposite counter. Her heart stalled when her eyes met his dark gaze and she quickly looked away. Setting her glass aside, she pulled herself up onto the counter and considered her next question.
“The assault and the fire… Whoever did it was trying to get to you, weren't they?”
He nodded once. It felt like the floor had suddenly fallen out from under her and she gripped the countertop with trembling hands just to keep herself grounded.
“So everything that's happ-“
She stopped and exhaled a shaky breath before trying again.
“Everything that's happened to me…is because of you?”
She struggled to lift her eyes to meet his. He gave her an even look and she knew the truth. This beautiful, enigmatic stranger, this man who'd saved her from destruction, was the very source of her pain. It felt like a hole had been punched through her stomach. She doubled over, clutching at her chest as she struggled to breathe. Beneath her hand her heart was racing.
“What is this? Did you bring me here because you felt guilty?”
He laughed humourlessly and set down his drink.
“You seem to have a very high moral opinion of my intentions.”
He crossed the kitchen and braced his hands on either side of her. The breath caught in her throat and she could smell the strong scent of alcohol on his breath. His words were filled with arrogance but his eyes told a different story.
“Why me?” she whispered, suddenly very aware of how close his body was to hers. He leaned towards her in that subtle way that was so uniquely his, until she could smell the faint scent of expensive cologne clinging to his clothes and feel the warmth radiating off his skin.
His golden eyes held hers and stared straight into her as he answered, “Because I wanted you.”
She blinked and a faint choking sound escaped her throat. It took great effort to convince her mouth to open and her sluggish tongue to move. All she could manage in the end was a strangled, “Why?”
What possible reason could a man like him have for wanting her? He had everything - wealth, power, and the respect and fear of everyone who knew him. And despite his intimidating presence, his looks were enough to have most women throwing themselves at his feet.
Sex was the obvious answer, but Sesshomaru never dealt in the realm of the obvious. Besides, she was prudent enough to know how she appeared to others - mousey and a bit on the plain side. Had she been a raven haired beauty like the woman standing next to him in the photo on his bookshelf, the woman who was called his wife, she might have understood. But this…?
He didn't want her for sex or he would have taken it already, she was certain of it. It was something more that he wanted from her, but what? She stared up at him, helpless to understand the humourless smile flirting across his lips.
“Because,” he answered resolute, “you possess something they don't.”
“And what's that?”
His hand skimmed feather light across her collarbone and down the length of her arm, dropping off just past her elbow. Goose bumps rippled along the flesh of her arm and a pleasant shiver jetted down her spine.
Her eyes darted back and forth between his, too afraid to look away for fear of missing the answer in them; her lungs breathed in his scent - it was warm and rich, smelling of Armani and bourbon; even her ears strained, listening to the faint draw of his breath and awaiting an answer.
He closed his eyes and his entire body seemed to sigh. He leaned in again, just close enough for her to feel the change, before opening his eyes. The expression in them was clear, unhindered by the alcohol. The faintest of smiles crossed his lips and then he answered, “Trust.”
She echoed the word back to him and her expression lifted in surprise. Of course… The nature of his job meant that he couldn't trust anyone he worked with or who worked for him. Even his wife seemed to be little more than a stranger. The only way a man like him could gain and have trust was to become anonymous.
Anonymous was exactly what he'd been when they'd first met. Names hadn't been important then. In the café he wasn't Sesshomaru Kobayashi - wealthy, powerful and deadly yakuza. There, he'd found the freedom to become someone else - a man who enjoyed quiet moments, Shakespeare and black coffee.
That anonymity was why she'd trusted him. It was why even now, knowing what he was, a part of her still trusted him. She understood now what it was that he needed from her. For all his power and money, for all the people in this city of millions who knew and feared his name, there was only one that he could trust - and that trusted him.
Her eyes blinked wide in surprise and then narrowed with understanding.
All that because he needed a friend...
It was so simple it was almost laughable, but she couldn't laugh. Instead tears filled her eyes and she let them fall.
“You selfish, selfish bastard,” she whispered to him in defeat. “ You ruined my life.”
He paused for the space of a few heartbeats before bowing his head and answering just as softly, “I know.”
His hands slid away from her towards the edge of the counter and hers moved on their own accord, taking hold of his shirt to stop his retreat.
“Wait…”
The resistance in his shirt slackened and he faced her again. She somehow found the strength to lift her eyes to meet his. Those great pools of endless amber could look so cold and hard, like the stone they took their colour from, but tonight they were alive, shifting about like molten rock. She saw regret in them, and pain. However selfish his designs he'd never meant for her to be hurt.
In a way, she was relieved to discover his fallibility. It meant that he was no longer outside her reach. This enigmatic stranger had finally become a man she could understand. His motives weren't so different from her own.
“You might have noticed,” she confessed haltingly with a shy smile, “that I'm a little short on friends too.”
The back of his fingers ghosted across her cheek and then softly down her neck before settling around her waist. His grip was light but certain and she felt the heat of his touch permeate through her clothes.
He drew close and the warmth of his breath against her skin sent shivers down her spine. Sesshomaru was a man who took what he wanted but with her it was different. It'd always been different. He hesitated, waited with his lips lingering just outside her reach, until she welcomed him with a subtle nod.
In the next breath his warm mouth was atop hers, coaxing it open. She sighed into him, aware of his other hand settling around her waist and pulling her to the counter's edge. Her teeth nibbled at his bottom lip, pulling it into her mouth, and a soft groan sounded in the back of his throat.
The alcohol on his tongue flooded her mouth with its heavy, potent flavour, but it wasn't unpleasant. Neither was the gentle way his hands moved to cup her face, or the increasing need behind his kiss. It sent a rush down her spine that spread warmth through her limbs like a shot of tequila. It settled into a warm ball in the pit of her stomach that radiated stronger with each passing minute.
His hands slid down the length of her thighs and hooked around her knees, pulling them around his waist. She held tight as he picked her up off the counter and carried her towards his room. She knew where things would lead once they were there, but not a single part of her wanted to stop. The two loneliest people in Tokyo had somehow found each other. Perhaps they both knew it would never last, but for now - just for now - they could pretend they weren't so lonely anymore.
Selected Listening:
Sleeperstar - I Was Wrong
Stateless - Bloodstream
Author's Note: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It was a long one at nearly 5, 600 words but I think it was worth it. Just wanted to extend a very special thank you to landofthekwt, LoVe23 and angelbabe17 for leaving me such kind reviews on the last chapter. Your support means everything to me :)
Happy reading everyone!
Cheers,
Langus