InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love That Dog! ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love that Dog!
 
Chapter 13
 
AN: Thank you to everyone who reviewed! =) This chapter and maybe the next will be mainly dedicated to Miroku and Sango. Don't worry, there will be plenty more Inu and Kag. Here's the next chappie!
 
**December 19**
 
Miroku sighed once again as he had no luck in search. He had been searching for a week now, and his luck seemed to be winding down. This was the one thing he could do to make the one person he cared for happy, but yet again, he hoped it was the right thing. He decided to do a search one more time, if this didn't work, he would just go home and try again the next day. Of course he didn't know how long it would take him, and if he ever could finish his search.
 
After the search had been working for around five minutes, he decided to pack it up and go home. Though as he started to put his things away, he noticed a flashing on the computer screen, he clicked on the link and it fit the profile exactly. He gave a heavy sigh and printed off the material, he knew he should be happy, but there was a part in his heart that was full of grief.
 
He looked down at the paper and studied the information carefully, if this wasn't the right one, then all hope was sure to be lost.
 
On his way he looked around the streets, they were full of people, all of them joyfully laughing, the spirit of Christmas filling their souls as they listened to the carolers, and bought trees, presents, decorations, or just simple going to the store. Out of all the people they all had one thing in common, they were together. He couldn't seem to spot a person with out a friend, sibling, spouse, or just talking to a friendly passer by, everyone was together. This made his heart tighten. He felt like he was the only person out of place. In actuality he was; who would be going to the library when Christmas was less than seven days away, unless it was for Christmas stories?
 
Before he knew it, he had arrived at the place he now called home. A place where he felt like he belonged. As he walked up the steps to the shrine, he felt something cold on his back. He turned around and saw a little five year old girl standing at the bottom of the steps, a worried look on her face. She had thrown the snowball and hit him on accident.
 
“I'm sowry, mister…”
 
Miroku gave a smile. “Don't worry, have fun playing.”
 
The little girl nodded and ran away to go catch up with her friend. Miroku sighed as he remembered the days when he sat alone watching all of the kids playing together in the snow, making snow angels and having snow ball fights, he had always wished that he could've have been a part of it.
 
As he walked inside, Kagome walked up to him, with a look in her eyes that made him know what she wanted to know. “Did you have any luck today?”
 
Miroku sadly nodded, she was the one person he felt comfortable in telling what he was going to do. “A perfect match.”
 
“That's great Miroku!” Kagome exclaimed, she knew how long he had been working on his project and she was glad that he was finally done and could stop loosing sleep over the subject.
 
He smiled sadly to himself and nodded his head. “Of course, but then, why is tearing me apart inside?”
 
Kagome now felt bad about what she had said, she knew how much Miroku cared about this project, but she didn't know that it was more than just making someone happy. “I'm sorry Miroku, I-“
 
“Don't worry about it, its nothing…” He quickly slipped off hit boots and walked upstairs to his room.
 
Letting out a heavy sigh, Kagome looked over at the stairs. “Poor Miroku…”
 
“Why are you giving pity to Miroku?” Sango asked.
 
“Huh?” Kagome turned around and saw Sango standing in the doorway from the kitchen. “Oh, it's uh…nothing!”
 
Sango glared at Kagome, she knew something was up, but she couldn't tell exactly what. “Don't lie to me Kagome, something is going on around here, tell me what it is, I won't tell anyone!”
 
Trying to avoid answering anymore of Sango's questions, she walked over to the couch and sat down. “So Sango, what have you been up to lately?”
 
Sango walked over to Kagome and sat down next to her. “No much, but I- Hey! Don't change the subject on me! Tell me what on earth is going on!”
 
“Its nothing, I swear, hey, what's up with Miroku lately? He's seemed kind of down on himself.” Kagome said.
 
Sango looked down at the ground. She knew this was going to come back and haunt her. Miroku just made absolutely no sense to her. How on earth could he know the kind of pain she was in?! It's not like he didn't have a family! She had been over to his house before working on science projects, and never did Miroku seem like he lived alone. There was always someone at the house; he had a mother, and a father, so how could he know her pain? Maybe he was just trying to show remorse for her. That must be it! He had been trying to suck up to her by saying he understood how he felt! That beast!
 
In a fury, she bolted off the couch and walked towards the stairs. “I'm going to kill that Miroku!”
 
Kagome quickly stood up and ran over to Sango. “Whats wrong Sango, hey, look at me!”
 
After ignoring Kagome for a few seconds she turned to face Kagome. “That bastard lied to me! He said he knew my pain and that he understood me, but it was all a lie! All the time he was just trying to use my pain as his own way of sucking up to me! I've been tricked this entire time!” And with that, Sango bolted up the stairs, most likely headed for Miroku's room.
 
The door opened and she saw Inu Yasha walk in. She walked over to him and rested her forehead on his chest. “She's got it all wrong Inu Yasha! He's been lying to her and now she thinks he's just been using her to his own advantage and it is just awful!” Tears wear forming at the edges of her eyes as she continued to stand with her forehead on his chest.
 
“W-what are you talking about Kagome?! I'm not lying to you! Why do you think I'd be using you to my own advantage?!” Inu Yasha said worried, he didn't think he had done anything wrong, did he? Maybe had lied to her once and now she had found out. Shoot, he was going to be in trouble.
 
Kagome whacked Inu Yasha on the head. “I'm not talking about us dummy! I'm talking about Miroku and Sango!!!”
 
“Oh….” Inu Yasha said. “I see.” Kagome went on explaining everything that was going on to Inu Yasha; it was all starting to make more sense now. Then both of them realized something, if they didn't stop Sango from beating the living crap out of Miroku verbally and emotionally, everything was going to be ruined.
 
Sango barged into Miroku's room and was caught completely off guard. She saw him sitting on a chair facing the window, his elbows rested on his knees and his hands were folded and his chin rested on them. The light was off, and being seven in the evening, it was fairly dark in the room. The blinds had been pulled up and it from she could tell Miroku was watching the snow slowly fall from the sky. He was sitting so close to the window that she could see the fog on the window disappear a small bit when he exhaled and then reappear as he slowly inhaled. The moon was full and was shinning ever so lightly onto his face. At that exact moment he seemed special. All anger inside her disappeared and all she could do was stare at him.
 
Inu Yasha and Kagome appeared behind Sango silently, they both saw the look on her face she quietly stared at Miroku. Decided it was best to leave them alone, Kagome and Inu Yasha decided it would be better off it they went downstairs.
 
Eventually noticing there was someone behind him, Miroku quickly stood up, making Sango snap out of her trance. “S-Sango, I didn't see you there, did you need something?”
 
“I uh… well…” Just as quickly as she snapped out her little trance, all of her rage came back towards Miroku. “I-I can't believe you! You were using me all along! You were using my pain towards your own advantage! You're some sick creep who only thinks of himself! Not to mention some huge pervert!”
 
Miroku was completely confused, what on earth was she talking about? “Sango, what are you talking about?!”
 
As soon as the words left his mouth, Sango slapped his right cheek as hard as she could. “That's for playing dumb!” She slapped his left cheek. “And that's for using me you psycho creep! I can't believe you! I HATE YOU! Don't ever speak to me again, and I wish I never had to see your sorry face again!” With that, Sango tore out of the room, tears streaming down her cheeks.
 
He wasn't quite sure what to make of the situation. Everything had happened so fast that the pain of her slaps were just now kicking in. What had he done to deserve so much pain, what had he done to suffer so much. He stood up and walked over to the door and slowly shut it while saying, “You'll never have to see me again, that you will not.”
 
*** December 23 ***
 
The next few days had been very awkward. Everyone including Kikyo, Naraku and Koga had been out buying Christmas gifts and just celebrating the season. Sango rarely came out of her room, only to shower and occasionally use the rest room. Kagome had insisted that she at least come out for meals, but she refused, so Kagome would always bring Sango her food.
 
Miroku had finally worked up the courage to call the number to finalize the plans for his project. After a long conversation with all members of the family, everything was set, tomorrow was Christmas Eve, and they would arrive at eleven. This tore him up inside so bad, but he kept remembering deep down that this would mean the world to her.
 
“So, everything's all set? When are they coming?” Kagome asked Miroku silently. She and Miroku were sitting on a rug in front of the lit fireplace drinking hot chocolate.
 
Miroku took a sip of his drink. “Tomorrow at eleven, they live around forty-five minutes away, so she should be able to spend the entire day, from early morning to late at night with them. No one could put into words how happy they were. All three of them were going to out to buy gifts after the phone call. I feel good, yet it hurts so much inside of me.”
 
Kagome stared into Miroku's eyes, he was watching the fire and in his eyes, she could see the flames clearly. “I think that you know what you should do, but I have a feeling you aren't going to.”
 
He gave a little smile. “You are a smart cookie, that's right, I don't plan on saying anything, it will just hurt me even more than it already is now, and it will cause a burden to her.”
 
Slowly standing up, Kagome glanced over to Miroku. “You're a good friend Miroku.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
Kagome went to her room and Miroku ended up falling asleep sitting up watching the fire.
 
**December 24**
 
After a day of constant panicking, Miroku looked at the clock, it was ten thirty. Only a half an hour more. 1800 more seconds until she would be happy and 1800 more seconds until he would be in pieces. He couldn't tell whether to look at the glass half empty or half full.
 
Kagome and Miroku had worked out a way to get everything worked out. And before either of them knew it, it was time to put that plan into action.
 
At ten fifty-five the doorbell rang, and Miroku knew that from this point on, there was no turning back.
 
Upstairs Kagome yelled from the bathroom, “Sango!! Can you get that!! I'm a bit constipated right now!!”
 
Sango rolled her eyes and got off her bed. “I really didn't need to know that Kagome…” She walked towards the stairs and slowly walked down them. Ever so slowly she walked towards the door in the front room. She had been looking at the floor the whole time and when she finally looked up; she saw Miroku standing in front of the door with a sad smile on his face.
 
Miroku walked over to Sango and pulled her into a tight embrace. Holding back tears he whispered something into her ear ever so softly. “Merry Christmas and may this point on bring you happiness.” He reluctantly pulled away and stepped away from the door. Sango knowing that the door was for her, she walked up to it and opened the door.
 
What she saw before her immediately brought tears to her eyes. All this time of waiting and pain, had brought her to this moment. She couldn't believe what was standing before her.
 
Standing there with smiling faces, one of them with tears of joy stood three figures Sango recognized very clearly.
 
 
Her mother.
 
Her Father.
 
Her Brother.
 
TBC!
 
=) I hoped you enjoyed the chapter! I wrote it all in one day. I hope its not too angsty for anyone. Hopefully its not much of a cliffhanger either. I know its not Christmas yet, but if I saved it till then, I would never get it done! Also, I know that Sango's mother is probably dead and her father is dead, as well, her brother might as well be dead, I wanted them all to be alive for this story. Thanks for reading and please review!
 
Kit-Kat: I'd be more than happy to help you, just email me at: HitokiriKenSaku@aol.com or IM me at that same name and I can help you with whatever you need help with.