InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love That Dog! ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love That Dog!
 
Chapter 14
 
AN: Thankies for all of the reviews. Yes, I know the last chapter was very different from the others, it was obviously more dramatic. I promise that after this chapter that there will be plenty more humor, I'm thinking of doing bloopers of previous chapters and the beginning of the next chapter. Yes, I know I have some spelling mistakes; I often miss them when I read over it and Microsoft Word doesn't catch it. I guess I should get a beta reader. ^^; anyone good at spelling?
 
On with the chappie!
 
Standing there with smiling faces, one of them with tears of joy stood three figures Sango recognized very clearly.
 
 
Her mother….
 
Her Father…..
 
Her Brother…..
 
******
 
Sango still wasn't quite sure what exactly had happened. The shock of seeing her family had left her brain unable to comprehend anything that was going on. All she really could remember was opening the door and crying after seeing her family. She was currently in the car on the way to her house. It had been a silent trip so far and Sango embraced the silence.
 
Once they got home, her parents tucked her younger brother, Kohaku, into bed. They had told Sango to wait downstairs because they had wanted to talk to her still before she went to bed.
 
“Sango, I wanted to say sorry first off. I know you are probably wondering why you father and I didn't go looking for you. Well, the truth is, everyone had thought you and the others died.” Her mother broke into tears and her father rested his hand on her mothers shoulder.
 
Her father let out a sigh, “What your mother was trying to say is that we both missed you greatly and Kohaku missed you as well. If it wasn't for that young man, you wouldn't be here with us right now.”
 
“Yes, that young man was quite a gentleman-“
 
Sango stood up and her face turned sour, “That so called `gentleman' is no more than a lecher and a major creep! He used my pain to his own advantage! He said he understood my pain, but in reality he was just using it to get closer to me!”
 
Both of her parents were quite shocked and couldn't understand how the man they talked to previously on the phone could have been the same man Sango was talking about. It seemed like they were talking about two completely different people.
 
“Sango, why don't you go to sleep now, it's been a long night and I'm sure you are very exhausted we can talk more in the morning.”
 
Before she went upstairs she walked over and gave her parents a hug. “I love you and I missed you so very much.”
 
****December 25, Higurashi Household****
 
There was a sense of sadness in the air.
 
In the morning, there was no loud cheering or sign of Christmas cheer from Miroku, Kagome, or Inu Yasha.
 
Though…on a funnier note…
 
“Hey Kikyo! Pass the Sake and Eggnog!” Yelled Naraku.
 
Kikyo stared at Naraku. “Baboon, you have already consumed 59 bottles of Sake and 14 bottles of Eggnog. You have been up all night partying. I don't think that's to smart of you.”
 
Naraku, obviously very heavily intoxicated started running around the room screaming. “Give me the damn Eggnog lady!!! I'll tell my mommy on you, she works for the mafia!”
 
Kikyo continued to clean up all of the broken bottles and glasses. “I'm so scared… I'm shaking in my little boots.”
 
“You aren't wearing boots Kikyo.” Naraku stated.
 
“God never mind, just go to sleep or something.”
 
Koga sat on the sofa; he had recently realized that he might have lost Kagome for good. This caused an early midlife crisis for him, so he went to the nearest video store and rented all of the drama and angst movies they had available. Tears were streaming down his eyes as he watched his 4th angst filled movie. “Why Natasha!!! Why?!?! What did Kevin ever do to you! He loved you so much, and you just had to reject him! Kikyo, can you please get me another box of tissues! God, why do these movies have to be so sad?!”
 
“Koga, you are watching angsty romance movies, of course they are going to be sad!” Kikyo told him.
 
Koga blew his nose into one of the tissues. “I know! I know! But why does it have to be this sad! I mean… Oh for heavens sake I don't know what I mean!”
 
Naraku opened the door to the house. “I shall be back my fellow superheroes! I am off to the store!”
 
“Its Christmas morning you baboon, what store is going to be open?!” Kikyo exclaimed.
 
“The porno store! I checked!”
 
As Naraku ran out the door Kikyo sighed and shook her head. “I did not want to know that…”
 
***
 
Miroku sat in his room staring at an old school picture of Sango. She was gone for good and there was nothing he could do. He had been sitting in the same place for what seemed like days. After Sango left, he went to his room and went into a semi-unconscious state. A few minutes later he heard a knock on the door.
 
“Come on in…” He said sadly.
 
Kagome quietly walked in, she still had her pajamas on and her face showed sadness for Miroku. She quietly walked over to a chair and sat down. “I just wanted to see if you were alright. I know this must be killing you inside..”
 
“It is,” Miroku responded, “thought I try to keep myself happy knowing that Sango will be happy now. She is with her family. Imagine, she was without her family, and she couldn't even remember her family. As long as Sango is happy, I will be happy.”
 
“Miroku, I know this is a tough subject for you to talk about, but what ever happened to you family. You said you understood Sango's pain…and I was- well, I was just wondering how so.”
 
He gave a sad smile; he knew he was going to have to spill the beans someday. “My mother died a week after I was born. We lived in America at that time, because of my mother's job, in Kansas. It was during the peak of tornado season. A storm came without warning and struck our town. My father was in Alaska at the time on a business trip. Both I and my mother were sound asleep. Luckily, she heard the siren and managed to save me just in time. She didn't make it though. The rescuers told my father that they found my mother hunched over me, she was still alive at that time, but as soon as she knew I was safe, she passed away. Most people said that she would have stayed alive until she knew that I would be alright.
 
My father became cold and heartless after my mother died. People used to tell me how he was such a kind and loving person, but as I grew up, I noticed otherwise. There were many times that I would be home by myself all night, I had to make my dinner and bathe myself. Being only eight years old, I didn't do a good job of it and people noticed at school. My father began opening up to me a bit more, and I never figured out why.
 
When I was in third grade I met Sango and the others.” Miroku smiled and remembered all of his good times as a child.
 
“It was because of Sango that I met the others. During free time, I would always sit by myself. I never had any friends and I really didn't know how to socialize with other people. Then one day, Sango came over to me and I can remember exactly what I said to her, `Did mommy send you?' At the time, I thought she was an angel. I had been so confused as a child, I never knew where my mother was, and my father never told me. I thought maybe someone sent and Angel to help me find my mother. She became my best friend from then on out.
 
We stayed friends until the seventh grade. I was thirteen at the time, and Sango was twelve. One day after school, I came home and found my father at home, and he was obviously drunk. He started swearing at me and saying things like, `Your mother is dead because of you, 'and,` I wish you would just go away and stay out of my life.' I ran out of the house and I just kept running. I eventually came home and found my father passed out on the couch. The next day I went to school, and everything seemed normal. Then I saw Sango hanging out with the popular kids, Koga, Kikyo, and Inu Yasha. It was the first time I met them. Sango then went on telling me that it would be un-cool to talk to me and that I should just find new friends.
 
It crushed me to know that Sango didn't want to be my friend anymore. I was now alone in school, I had no other friends. When I went home, I found out that I was even more alone than ever before. It-it turned out that when I came home the night before, my father wasn't passed out; he was unconscious and slowly dying from alcohol overdose. If I would have noticed more carefully that my father was barely breathing, they would have been able to save him. So, when I came home from school that day, I found out that he died in the middle of the night. The fact that I woke up and didn't notice a dead man in my house still haunts me today.
 
Before my father died, I barely had a family, and now that he was dead, I had no family left at all. The social services weren't too sure what to do with me, the orphanages were full and no one wanted to take in a thirteen year old at the time, they wanted the newborns. I ended up staying at the homeless shelter. News spread quickly through the school and I was the outcast of the entire school. Even the under classman made fun of me.
 
Then one day Kikyo and her group, including Sango walked up to me…”
 
**Flashback**
 
“Hey Sango!” Kikyo yelled.
 
Sango turned around, “What is it?”
 
Kikyo snickered, “I hear you used to like Miroku, and guess what I found out, he's been in love with you!”
 
I froze, I hadn't told anyone about, and how could she have known that I loved Sango?
 
Sango looked at Kikyo and she knew what kind of answer was going to be expected. “Eww… I mean for crying out loud, he's lower than trailer trash, he lives in a homeless shelter. Who would ever like that freak?”
 
**End Flashback**
 
“So basically, I was alone up until the incident where we were turned into dogs. Then, I guess we all sort of changed and figured that we had to get along. I loved Sango all along though. Even when she said all of those nasty comments about me, deep down, I knew it was because of Kikyo. I figured that if Sango would be happy with her friends and if in order for her to do so, she had to criticize me, then I would let her for her happiness…”
 
Tears were now steadily streaming down Kagome's face. She collapsed onto him and began to cry. “I'm so sorry…”
 
Miroku rested a hand on Kagome's shoulder. “Don't be, just think, Sango is happy right now and that's all that matters to me.”
 
“You give up you happiness just so she can be happy?! Why are you putting yourself through all of this pain?!”
 
He smiled sadly, “…because I love her….”
 
*****
 
Sango stood in front of the Higurashi household. She had left everything at the house and she knew she needed to get her things back. The door was luckily unlocked, and she slipped into the house quietly. As she walked up the stairs, she heard voices in Miroku's room.
 
“…because I lover her…” Sango's heart was tied in a knot. He loved some other girl? She never knew that he had feelings for anyone else. It hurt her so much to know that Miroku's feelings were being geared towards another girl. She was becoming enraged at the thought of Miroku with another woman.
 
Then, the door opened revealing a red faced Kagome and an obviously upset Miroku.
 
Miroku's eyes widened. “S-Sango! What are you doing back?”
 
Slap. Sango's hand flew across Miroku's face. “You bastard I hate you! How could you do that?!”
 
He was dead.
 
Or at least that's how he felt.
 
Before there was some hope inside of him that Sango might come back, but now, there was nothing left. Everything had been taken away from him. Every bit of happiness inside of him had been sucked away from him.
 
“I'm going out for a walk…” Miroku said as he sadly left the room.
 
Kagome and Sango were left. “What on earth were you thinking?!” Kagome exclaimed. “Don't you realize what he is going through!?”
 
“He's so pig who used my pain to his own advantage, and now he is in love with some girl!” Sango shouted.
 
Kagome let out a heavy sigh. “There's something he hasn't been telling you.”
 
She led Sango to her room and began telling her the story that Miroku told her as Sango continued to pack up her items. There were times when she had a hard part telling Sango what he told her, especially the part when Sango had made fun of and criticized Miroku.
 
Sango wasn't quite sure what to make of Miroku's story. She never knew how much pain he had been in and that he had basically been alone all of his life. There was part of her that felt sorry for yelling and him, but then there was still that other part inside of her that was still mad at him for loving some one else besides her. Emotions were filling her head and she was becoming very overwhelmed.
 
Kagome decided to change the subject. “So, how is your family?”
 
“They are wonderful,” Sango said honestly, “I missed them so much and I know that they missed me too, especially Kohaku, my younger brother.”
 
Kagome smiled. “I'm glad that you finally found you family again. It's great that you can live with them now.”
 
Sango looked down at the ground and fussed with her fingers. “I don't know if I want to leave though…I'm going to miss you Kagome…”
 
“Sango…” Kagome walked over to her and gave her a friendly hug and then pulled back to talk to her, a smile planted on her face, “You can visit anytime, plus you'll be able to drive soon if I'm correct, your always welcome here. Don't forget, we still aren't too old to have sleepovers.”
 
A smiled appeared on Sango's once sad face, “Of course not, I haven't had a real good sleepover in a long time, I can't wait for it.”
 
“There will be plenty of chick-flicks and popcorn to last us through the night.” Kagome then thought of something, “How are you going to get home Sango?”
 
Sango finished up and sat her boxes by the door; she turned around and walked back over to Kagome. “My mother dropped me off; she was going shopping and then going to pick me up a little later around two in the afternoon. Why'd you ask?”
 
Kagome handed Sango an address. “It's the homeless shelter where Miroku grew up. He told me later on he was going to volunteer there by pretending to be Santa Clause for the younger kids. I'm sure that's where he went, and you have plenty of time before you mom gets back.”
 
Sango stared at the piece of paper in her hands. She wasn't sure whether or not she should go, but in order for her conscience to be clear, she knew that she would need to talk to Miroku at least one last time. “Tell my mom where I went if I'm not back!” And with that, Sango grabbed her jacket and ran out of the room.
 
Inu Yasha watched Sango run down the stairs, and he walked into her room and found Kagome. “Why the hell was she running out of the house like a mad woman?!”
 
Kagome walked over to him and tweaked his ear. “You wouldn't understand.”
 
*****
 
Down at the homeless shelter, Miroku was in a Santa costume (beard and all), and was handing out presents to all of the kids currently living there. He was also letting kids sit on his lap and have the kids tell him what they wanted for next year's Christmas so he could tell them that he would make sure it was the first toy to be completed. There were always some kids whose wishes broke his hart, some wanted a mom or dad, and others just wanted a place to live. There was one child who he had been especially close to, Shippo. His parents had been killed when he was very young, and even then he was only six years old.
 
Shippo was very kind and was being Santa's helper. Miroku thanked him for that. He continued letting children tell him what they wanted, but then after a young girl who told him she wanted to rule the world got off his lap, he looked up and was in complete shock. Standing next in line was Sango.
 
“Well, hello there young lady! No one is too big to sit on Santa's lap, come over.” Miroku said in his deep Santa Clause voice.
 
Sango shyly walked over to Miroku and sat on his lap, hoping she wouldn't crush him. She noticed how funny he looked with a great big white beard on along with his giant red hat, she almost couldn't recognize him.
 
“So, what can Santa do for you Sango?” He asked her, still in complete shock that she was there, sitting on his lap.
 
Sango looked into his eyes, and then moved her gaze elsewhere. “I want to tell my friend Miroku how sorry I was. I said some things to him that I shouldn't have and now I regret it a lot.”
 
`Santa' smiled. “I'm sure that he will forgive you.”
 
“I'm not finished, I heard him say he loves some other girl, but I don't want him to, I want him to love only me. I don't want him to belong to some other girl. It sounds sort of selfish, but I care for him…” Sango felt extremely embarrassed, not to mention she felt bad because there were still quite a few kids standing in line.
 
Her eyes widened as she felt Miroku grab her hand. “Maybe you are jumping to conclusions. Did he ever say that he loved someone else besides you? I'm sure that he had been hurt a lot in the past, and was spilling his emotions out to his good friend, but did you ever think that maybe he really loved you?”
 
Sango felt like her heart was beating a million miles per hour. “A-are you saying that he loves me?”
 
Miroku brought his hand to her face and brought it closer to his. “Yes, he loves you more than you could ever imagine.”
 
Then, Miroku closed the gap between them. Sango felt a pair of warm lips on her own. She had waited for this moment for what seemed like forever, and now it had finally come. He continued to kiss her softly and gently, eventually, all of the younger kids noticed and gasped at Santa Clause kissing a girl sitting on his lap.
 
Shippo being the outspoken six years old he was spoke up as Santa and Sango were still kissing. “Hey Santa, is that Mrs. Clause?”
 
Miroku pulled away and stared into Sango's eyes. “Yes, this is my `wife' Mrs. Clause.”
 
Sango blushed at being called Miroku's wife. She hugged him tightly. “Never let me leave you again.”
 
“You'll never leave me again Sango, I promise.”
 
TBC!!!
 
Yay! Chapter 14 is complete! This took me forever to write. The little Miroku and Sango Christmas special is done and now I can focus on Inu Yasha and Kagome. This is the most words ever put into a chapter of Love that Dog! I hoped you enjoyed to un-normally long chapter for this story. Thank you for reading and I hope you review! Also, Shippo has arrived, I promised I would fit him in the story and now I did!