InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love That Dog! ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love That Dog!
 
Chapter 15
 
AN: Once again, thank you for all of your reviews! Here is a special Christmas (yes, I know it's late, very, very late) tribute to Kagome and Inu Yasha since so many of you asked for one! Hope you enjoy the chappie!
 
 
Note: This takes place after Kagome finished talking to Sango, just so you aren't confused.
 
Inu Yasha watched Sango run down the stairs, and he walked into her room and found Kagome. “Why the hell was she running out of the house like a mad woman?!”
 
Kagome walked over to him and tweaked his ear. “You wouldn't understand.”
 
This confused him. Was he supposed to take that as an insult? Did she think that he wouldn't understand what was going on? He knew that he wasn't stupid, so why was Kagome telling him that he wouldn't understand?
 
“What do you mean I won't understand?!” Inu Yasha yelled.
 
“You would-“
 
Kagome was cut off by Inu Yasha who decided not to let her finish what she was saying. “So now you're calling me stupid, but you know what? I'm not some stupid little dog like you think I am!”
 
She couldn't believe him! What on earth was going through his mind? Kagome had a feeling that Inu Yasha was taking this a little too seriously. Now he was acting worse than Kikyo and Naraku, even they would probably know what she meant by saying, `you wouldn't understand.'
 
The silence from Kagome was further irritating Inu Yasha. Now what was she doing? Thinking about all of the stupid things he had done or something like that? He was quickly reaching his breaking point and he knew that if the silence continued any longer, he was going to snap.
 
“Are you going to say anything or keep sitting there looking at me like I'm stupid. Oh wait, I already am, so I guess it doesn't matter anymore!” He had snapped, she had unintentionally pressed his buttons and he was not happy, not happy at all.
 
The feisty teenager stormed over to where he was standing and got in his face. “You know what, at first, I didn't think you were stupid, not at all! What I said had nothing to do with whether or not you were stupid. But you know what? Now I do think you are stupid. Only an idiot would think that I would question someone's intelligence! So guess what, I guess I do think you are stupid now!”
 
“Well at least I'm not a bitch! I'd much rather be stupid than a female dog!” He had totally lost the concept of thinking before you speak, and Kagome had obviously done the same as well. “Trust me, at least stupid know not to bite the mail man or lick dirty toilets! Damn bitch.”
 
She quickly moved away from him and pointed towards the door of her bedroom. “You know what? Get out! Leave! I'm so sick of your fowl mouth and all the cruel and horrible things that come from your mouth! I want you out of here! I don't care where you go, just leave, and don't you dare show your face for another few-“
 
Inu Yasha quickly walked across her bedroom to the door. “I would much rather leave than stay in this house with you. Maybe I should stay out of the bitch's way for the night,” he said sarcastically.
 
Kagome watched as he exited her room, slamming her door shut extremely hard, almost breaking the door. She walked over to her bed and threw her pillow against the wall as hard as she could. The moment her pillow crashed against the wall, the downstairs door slammed shut. Kagome collapsed onto her bed exhausted even though it was still only around one in the afternoon.
 
She let out a sigh and looked at the wall, the guilt she had for calling Inu Yasha stupid was starting to form. Of course she was still furious from the comments he made about her, but for some reason that didn't seem as important right now. Kagome sat up on her bed and looked out her window. “It's raining so hard…” Then it hit her, “Oh no! Inu Yasha!!”
 
 
****
How dare that stupid bitch call him stupid he thought. Inu Yasha quickly trudged on through the rain. Of course at that current moment, he was so angry and frustrated that he didn't even notice it was raining, he just kept walking ignoring anything around him.
 
Did she really think he was stupid though? When the transformation had occurred he was still in school… come to think of it he hadn't even made it through high school yet. So he guessed he could be stupid, but that still gave no right to Kagome to call him that.
 
“Stupid bitch…see if I ever come back!”
 
****
 
Kagome frantically looked around outside. “Inu Yasha!” She had been calling his name for the past fifteen minutes or so and she still hadn't found him yet. “Inu Yasha?! Are you there? Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you!”
 
Things weren't making any sense. She just told him to leave for a few minutes- “Oh no…” Kagome fell to her knees. “He cut me off. I told him to leave, but he must think I wanted him to leave forever when I really only meant for a few minutes…” Tears escaped from Kagome's eyes and landed on the ground to mix with the many raindrops that were dropping like bombs all around her.
 
“I'm so sorry…” Kagome fell over onto the ground, tired from the earlier fight, the rain, and the fact that it was almost thirty-two degrees outside. Kagome slowly slipped into unconsciousness.
 
“Kagome!”
 
****
 
The young man looked down at the girl in bed; she looked so weak and tired. What had she been doing out in the cold and rain? Japan was experiencing some of its coldest weather it had seen in a long time. It had gotten so cold that snow could not even form.
 
A light groan from the bed made his head turn. Kagome was stirring and she looked like she was getting ready to wake up. She had been out for quite a few hours now, and if she hadn't wakened up soon, he had planned to take her to the hospital. When he found her, she had had a temperature of 103.7 which was getting to close to becoming too warm. He didn't know much about taking care of people other than himself, but he thought that he managed to do alright.
 
“Ugg… Where am I? My head is pounding…” Her voice sounded weak and raspy. He thought that she might have lost it.
 
He put a finger to his lips, “Shh… you should be resting now. You must have been yelling for quite a long time. I'll go downstairs and make some soup or something else like that, okay?”
 
Kagome nodded her head and fell back into a peaceful sleep.
 
****
 
Ring…. Ring….
 
“Damn fuckin' phone!” Naraku cursed. “I was just in the middle of my Nurses Gone Wild video!” He grumbled and reached over and picked up the phone, `It better be someone important,' he thought.
 
“Hey! Your special someone has left you a very important message! Press one for English…press two for Hungarian…press three for hillbilly terms…” Naraku decided that English was his best bet and pushed number one.
 
“Your message will be played in less than a minute, please wait as we transfer the message…
 
Here is your message, thanks and have a spectacular day!
 
Grandma got run over by reindeer
Walking home from our house Christmas Eve
You can say there's no such thing as Santa,
But as for me and grandpa we-“
 
Naraku dropped the phone, and screamed an incredibly high pitched scream. “OH MY GOD!!!!!! MY GRANDMA GOT RUN OVER BY A REINDEER! KIKYO! KOGA! COME QUICK!”
 
Kikyo and Koga both came into the room covering their ears.
 
“What the hell is wrong now?!” Kikyo exclaimed.
 
Tears were now streaming down Naraku's face. “It-it was my grandma!”
 
Koga's eyes widened. “Like what happened dude? What she like mugged and chopped into pieces?”
 
Naraku shook his head, “No! It was a far, far worse thing! For it is thy who is feeling such excruciating pain caused by the seventh layer of Hell! Words can barely comprehend the immense sadness growing in the deep pit inside my heart!”
 
Kikyo rolled her eyes. “For crying out loud, cut the stupid dramatic crap and get to the point! What the fuck happened?”
 
“My grandma got run over by a reindeer!!”
 
“Whoa… really dude?” Koga asked. “Man… that like totally stinks dude.”
 
Kikyo just shook her head and walked out of the room. “You two are so pathetic…”
 
****
 
 
“Are you awake Kagome?” The young man walked over to her bedside and sat down a tray which held a single bowl of soup, and set the tray on her end table. He looked to see if the girl was awake.
 
She nodded slowly and sat up. “Thank you… I shouldn't have been outside for such a long time.”
 
He smiled, “That's for sure, what were you thinking Kagome?”
 
Kagome shrugged her shoulders and looked out her window. “I'm not really sure. Hey, what are you doing back here? I didn't expect you for another night.”
 
“I do have some self control… What a perverted Kagome.”
 
He smiled when he saw her chuckle, nothing too bad must have happened. “I wouldn't be talking Miroku; you've been known to do some pretty risqué things in your life.”
 
Miroku scratched the back of his head with a look on his face that easily said he was guilty. “Yeah, yeah…” His face suddenly became more serious and stern. “Kagome, seriously, why did I find you unconscious outside? Besides I haven't seen Inu Yasha here at all, something had to have gone on between you two.”
 
Her glance shifted from his face to the corner of the room. “We had an argument…” She worked up her nerves and began to spill her guts to Miroku. Kagome told him about how the argument started, up to the point where they were calling each other crude names. It hurt her to even have to think about what had happened between the two of them. She currently had no idea where Inu Yasha was, and if she wanted to go look for him, she would have absolutely no idea where to begin.
 
****
 
About fourty-five minutes away in a nice sized two story home, Sango was hearing the exact same story except from our favorite dog boy. She found Inu Yasha muttering to himself and then eventually swearing at a telephone phone, that was when she made him come inside so he wouldn't get sick, and to save him from embarrassment. After she got Inu Yasha settled down, it didn't take much convincing to get him to spill what had happened to make him walk over and hour to her house.
 
“I didn't really know where I was walking to. I just started walking around and the next thing I know I'm swearing to a telephone poll!”
 
Sango stared at the dog boy who was half asleep in her guest bed. It was at least twenty five miles from Kagome's house to her own, it would have had to have taken quite a while and quite a bit of energy to walk that great amount of distance.
 
A sudden vibrating against her leg made her quickly reach into her pants pocket and pull out her cell phone. She lifted the cover to see that Miroku had left her a message.
 
`Go some place private and call me a.s.a.p.'
 
Sango looked back at Inu Yasha who fortunately for her was already asleep.
 
“Moshi moshi, Miroku speaking.”
 
“I take it that you are at Kagome's house?”
 
“Yes, is Inu Yasha there?”
 
“Alive and sleeping. So, did Kagome tell you about their little quarrel?”
 
“Yes, and neither of them knows what happened to each other… I say we take that and use it to our advantage.”
 
“Oh brother… what are you planning now Miroku?”
 
“Well you see…”
 
 
An hour later in the Higurashi household, Kagome finally began to wake up from her sleep. Miroku was sitting next to her bed trying not to laugh for reasons which he was not allowed to tell. Though when he saw that Kagome was getting up, he immediately put on a serious face and spun his chair around to face Kagome.
 
“Miroku? What is with the serious face?”
 
Miroku stared into her eyes; he was hoping to look very sad. “It's about Inu Yasha…”
 
Her eyes widened at the name. What had happened to him? “W-What about him?”
 
“He's dead.”
 
** Meanwhile at Sango's house…**
 
 
Sango stared into his eyes; she was hoping to look very sad. “It's about Kagome…”
 
His eyes grew immensely at the sound of her name. What had happened to her? “W-What about her?”
 
“She's dead.”
 
Inu Yasha immediately jumped out of the bed he was in. “What do you mean she's dead?! She was fine last night! What the hell happened to her?”
Now, starting to activate the plan, Sango became very unsympathetic. “You killed her. Is it not obvious?”
 
He was dumbfounded. What on earth was she talking about? He hadn't seen Kagome since the night before. “Are you feeling okay Sango?”
 
“When you left, she ran out looking for you. Miroku found her dead. Just lying there. He kicked her at first to see if she was alive. Obviously when she didn't scream in pain, he knew she was dead.”
 
Inu Yasha was furious; Miroku kicked Kagome's dead body? What was wrong with him?
 
Then he stopped to really think.
 
Kagome was gone, and it was his entire fault. He was the one who started the argument. It was his stubbornness and every other bad quality combine that killed Kagome.
 
What was he supposed to do with himself now? Turn himself back into a dog?... There seemed to be nothing left for him.
 
Sango was trying her hardest not to burst out laughing. She couldn't believe that he was actually falling for it. Hopefully Miroku was having as good of luck as she was.
 
** Kagome's House…**
 
Kagome sat on her bed, tears streaming down her face. He was gone, gone because she just had to tell him to leave. Inside she knew that she shouldn't have gotten all worked up. By now it should have been obviously that he didn't think things through very well and often jumped to conclusions.
 
Miroku walked back into Kagome's bedroom and walked over to her. “The funeral is at two in the afternoon; Sango decided that she didn't care to tell anyone about Inu Yasha's death. Besides, who would care that Inu Yasha is dead?” Miroku shrugged his shoulders.
 
As he walked out of the room he was beginning to realize that Kagome and Inu Yasha were just plain dense. Sango and he had been acting completely ridiculous. Sango had just called him and said that she told Inu Yasha that he kicked Kagome and asked her dead body to bare his child. He made no signs of questioning what she had said. Of course maybe both of them were so shocked that anything else they said went through one ear and out the other.
 
He chuckled to himself. Both of them were in for a surprise.
 
**The Funeral House…**
 
Inu Yasha walked into the Funeral Home only to be greeted by Sesshomaru.
 
“What the fuck are you doing here?! I thought you were a model!”
 
Sesshomaru shrugged. “It was too exciting and happy for me; I decided to become more dark and moody. So, I joined the International Board of Funeral Home Owners. There I met the love of my life, Rin. So here I am, I bought my own funeral home. I also will cremate, chop the dead into pieces or throw your loved one into the ocean.” He sighed, “Or you could always go the boring way of a coffin and a nice place underground.”
 
“Shut the hell up you damn bastard! Just take me to Kagome!”
 
“Fine… fine… I wasn't even done with my speech! It took me forever to complete it too!” Sesshomaru pouted and began to lead him to the room where Kagome was. “Here you go brother, she's all yours. If you need to, you may shut the doors. The walls are sound proof too.”
 
Inu Yasha shook his head in disgust. “You are one sick bastard.” Sesshomaru nodded and walked off.
 
After working up his courage, Inu Yasha began to walk towards the back of the room. It seemed like ages, but he finally made it. Unable to open his eyes, he slowly opened his mouth to begin talking.
 
“Kagome, I'm very sorry. I never should have started to yell at you.”
 
“I-Inu Yasha? What are you doing here?!”
 
Inu Yasha turned around to find himself face to face with…
 
Kagome.
 
Miroku and Sango had a lot of explaining to do.
 
TBC!
 
=) Sorry it took so long! If you are confused, Miroku and Sango set Kagome and Inu Yasha up to make them think that the other was dead. I'm sorry if it was confusing; I tried to explain it as best as I could. I'm sorry for the late update; I just got done with finals, so everything should go much faster now. Thank you for reading and thanks for all of the reviews!
 
SeraphimEclipse