InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love That Dog! ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love that Dog!
 
Chapter 17
 
AN:
 
Yes, yes, I know, Miroku is mean and Kagome and Inu Yasha need to confess. Well, here's the deal, you'll find out about Miroku and Sango, but Inu Yasha and Kagome don't confess until later on. Their relationship really hasn't developed too much and I know that I hate stories that rush characters relationships, so it will be a few more chapters before anything along the lines of confessing love will be said. =D Thank you for the reviews and I hope you enjoy!
 
Well, here it is! Enjoy!
 
“What?!” Sango exclaimed, “You're not serious are you? Was that seriously what you wanted to ask me?”
 
Miroku wasn't quite sure what to do. It was half and half. He sort of meant to ask Sango if the lighting made him look fat (can't a guy worry about his looks?) and also at the same time, he did want to propose.
 
“Err… Well, you see… I- no, that's not what I wanted to as you.” There, he had said it. But wait, did this mean that Sango was going to expect him to propose now? He wasn't ready for this, his emotions had been running high, he planned everything out, and then here he was, sitting next to Sango, the love of his life, completely confused as to what he needed to do.
 
Was he going to say anything else or not? Sango was going crazy, this man had to be one of the slowest and stupidest she had ever met. She needed him to say something, and she needed him to say it now. “Are you going to say anything else, if you aren't, then may we at least go back out to the dance floor? I'm not going to sit here all night while you think this through. I want a response from you!”
 
He knew what he had to do, he couldn't put this off any longer, and he took the box out of his pocket and got down on one knee. “S-Sango… you are the love of my life and I was uh… wondering if you would uh… you know… well…”
 
Sango felt completely embarrassed. Did all men have this problem proposing? Maybe he wasn't ready and she should have waited until he was ready to propose. No, she was right, if he really meant it, he would do it at any time. “Well what Miroku, I'm not psychic!” Oh how she loved to torment him still.
 
“Uh… well… be my uh…” Why of all times did he have to be stuttering? He had thought all of this through, it wasn't supposed to go like this!
 
Now he had pushed her off the edge, so much for patience, Sango yelled at Miroku, “Would you just say it already!!!”
 
He gulped, this was it, no turning back now, “Sango will you-“
 
“SANGO!! Darling!!! Oh my god! I cannot believe you are here! When your parents called me and said that they had found you, I just had to come looking for you myself! Oh how you've grown so beautiful Sango! I always said that you should have been a model.”
 
Miroku looked over at the man who was hugging his `fiancée' at the current moment. The young man who was probably in his early twenties had chin length jet black hair and light sea-blue eyes. Who was this guy anyways? Didn't he realize that he was interrupting a proposal? Wait a minute, if he was interrupting him, then maybe this guy was trying to steal Sango away from him! No! He was not about ready to loose Sango to another man! He would fight for her if he had to!
 
“H-Haruki, well, it's nice to see you too,” Sango said while practically being crushed by the young man. Why did her parents have to contact everyone to tell them that she was back? Okay, sure say that she is alive, but don't go telling everyone! Let them figure it out on their own!
 
Haruki let go of Sango and turned around and stared at Miroku with his light-blue eyes. Miroku wasn't quite sure what was going on. This strange man who seemed to come out of no where was now staring at him like he was some freak. Okay maybe he did look fat and Sango was lying, but still, did other people have to comment on it as well?!
 
“Who are you?” Haruki asked in a very serious tone, a tone that Miroku did not like.
 
Miroku wasn't quite sure what to say. He hadn't exactly completed what he was going to say and even if he did say it, then what would Sango's answer be? They hadn't been a `couple' for that long, but they had known each other quite some time. Would things work out between them if they did get married? Would he be the right husband material, all of this stuff was so confusing, at this moment, he wished he was a girl. `Stupid girls…' Miroku thought, `They don't realize how hard it is for us guys. Having to pick out a ring, the proposal itself, then once we are married dealing with all of their womanly problems, what about us?!'
 
Haruki glared at Miroku, he did not like it when people ignored him, even if it wasn't on purpose. “Hello? Are you going to say anything? Or are you just some table buster?”
 
Miroku cleared his throat. “I'm Miroku, Sango's uh… friend.”
 
Sango banged her head on the table, why didn't he tell Haruki that they were a couple?! Did he realize what was going to happened to him now? Oh Miroku was sure to get a taste of his own medicine.
 
Haruki's total being changed. Only a minute or two ago he was giving Miroku the death glare, and now he was staring at him like he never wanted to live a day without him. Wait a minute, live a day without him? What kind of looks was this guy giving him? “Why are you staring at me?” Miroku asked.
 
“Oh. My. God. You are just sooo cute!!!” Haruki exclaimed, he went over to where Miroku was sitting and proceeded to place himself on top of Miroku's lap. He wrapped his arms around Miroku's neck and stared into his eyes. “Hey there sexy man! How about you and I go back to my place, I can invite some of my friends too, I know the best male strip dancers.
 
“What?!” This guy was really scaring him now. What was up with him? Miroku wouldn't mind female strip dancers, but male? What did this Haruki guy think he was? Gay?
 
Sango's strange friend was begging Miroku with his eyes to come back to his place with him. This was just creeping him out, not to mention the guy was still sitting on his lap! This was not right! And why wasn't Sango doing anything?! Didn't she care that everyone in the bar was staring at them!? God this was the worst night of his life.
 
“Uh… sorry, no thanks, I'd rather not-“
 
“Are you married?” Haruki asked.
 
“No, but-“
 
“Do you have a fiancée?”
 
“Not yet-“
 
“A boyfriend?”
 
“Yes I- Wait a minute! I don't have a boyfriend!”
 
“You don't have a boyfriend?”
 
“No, I do not have a boyfriend!”
 
“Yes! So are you going to stop by my place?”
 
“No! I'm not into male strippers!”
 
“Oh, so you are the kind who likes the cross dressers? I know some girls who make so pretty hot guys!”
 
“I don't like men!”
 
“Are you the quiet type then, I see, not everyone wants to express it.”
 
This guy was driving Miroku insane! He was not gay! Couldn't this guy get that through his head? “I AM NOT GAY!”
 
“Now I understand, you are a quiet one, don't worry, I knew a guy who never admitted it.”
 
Miroku gave up; some strange guy was sitting on his lap insisting he was gay. This was crazy. Was someone up there trying to punish him for not proposing directly? Oh why were things going this way? Couldn't someone help him?
 
“Um, Haruki,” Sango said.
 
Haruki turned his head to Sango, “Yes my dear?”
 
“Miroku's not gay, he's my boyfriend.”
 
He pouted, “Is he bi?”
 
“Not that I know of,” Sango said.
 
Haruki got off of Miroku and gave out a sigh. “Another failed attempt, why is it that all the cute ones have to be straight?” Haruki looked out onto the dance floor and his eyes lit up. “Oh!! I must go Sango, pardon my sudden leaving, but I just saw the two hottest guys dancing together over there! Tootles!”
 
Miroku watched as Haruki ran off to be lost in the dance floor. He sat there, it was quite, and all he had to say was one word, wow. That had been one the oddest experiences in his entire life. “Sango, just who exactly was that?”
 
“Haruki, he's my cousin who I thought lived in England, but obviously he's back, and as gay as ever.” Sango was cursed with some of the oddest family members. Not that gay people were odd or anything, but it was just strange how many of them in her family were gay. It was fun though, somehow.
 
He breathed a sigh of relief. Thank god, he wasn't sure why he should have been worried over a gay guy taking Sango away from him, but hey, stranger things had happened.
 
Sango blushed, “Um… what were you going to say before Haruki sort of well you know, barged in?”
 
It was now or never, he had to do this. “Sango, will you marry me?”
 
 
Meanwhile… back at the house…
 
 
“Oi wench, I'm hungry!” Inu Yasha shouted.
 
“Can't you make your own food?” Kagome exclaimed.
 
Yes they had agreed that they would still be friends, but that didn't mean they could argue. It had been less then five minutes later, they back to yelling at each other for various different reasons. Kagome was at least happy that things were back to the way they normally were.
 
“I don't know how to cook, so that might be a problem!” It wasn't his fault that he didn't know how to cook he'd never had to cook for himself before.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes, “Just make Ramen, even a cave man could boil water.”
 
“That is low,” Jerry the cave man said, “I have an IQ that's 4 less than Einstein.”
 
“Err… sorry Jerry.”
 
“Maybe I don't want to eat Ramen,” Inu Yasha said.
 
Kagome's eyes widened, “What? Inu Yasha of all people who usually eats Ramen religiously is now saying that he doesn't want any? What has this world come to?”
 
“Would you just be quiet?”
 
“Why should I?”
 
“Because I want you to feed me dinner, I'm sure you're hungry too, you haven't come out of your room for a decade!”
 
“I was not in my room that long!”
 
“It sure seemed like it!”
 
“At least I wasn't staring out the window like some depressed man in a chick flick!”
 
“I was not doing that!”
 
“It sure seemed like it!” Kagome yelled, mocking Inu Yasha.
 
“I'm fed up with you woman!”
 
“Well I'm fed up with you!”
 
“Fine!”
 
“Fine!”
 
“What's for dinner?”
 
“I thought I'd make pasta. Hey wait a minute!” Kagome shouted, “Don't go changing the topic on me! I'm not that stupid!”
 
“Sure you aren't!”
 
Kagome walked into the kitchen to begin making dinner. He drove her insane! Why did he always have to turn everything into a big argument? So sometimes she did instigate the fight, but it wasn't all the time! Where had Sango and Miroku gone anyways? It had been three hours already and they still weren't back. `Must be some date…' Kagome thought, `I wonder if I'll ever get to go on a date like that.'
 
`Don't get yourself down girl! There are plenty of guys who'd kill to take you on a date!' Kagome nodded her head. “Yes! That's right!”
 
“What's right?” Inu Yasha asked, “Does it have anything to do with dinner?”
 
Kagome growled, “No, it does not have anything to do with dinner.”
 
“Well hurry up, I'm starving!”
 
“I know that!”
 
“Then why aren't you cooking!?”
 
“I am cooking!”
 
“No your not, your talking, I can multitask you idiot! Unlike some people!”
 
“I can multitask!”
 
“Liar!”
 
“Wench”
 
“Little puppy dog.”
 
“Worthless flea!”
 
 
Back to Sango and Miroku….
 
 
“Sango, will you marry me?”
 
“Miroku, I-“
 
 
 
“We interrupt this chapter to bring you a special news bulletin.”
 
“Early this evening, 22-year-old Naraku BaVoon was driving his car when he ran through a red light in front of a police man. The cop turned on his lights and tried to pull BaVoon over, but he resisted the cops and continued speeding. BaVoon traveled down the crowded streets during rush hour causing at least 49 deaths and hundreds of civilians injured. After five hours of a hide speed chase, the SWAT team finally stopped BaVoon by shooting out his tires by firing out of a helicopter. Many people aren't sure whether or not this was the right action to take, but chief of police staff Joe Peostoliliosa is here to comment.”
 
“Thanks Erumi, after chasing the criminal for 5 hours we determined that it was necessary to use violent force. He managed to dodge all previous attacks made to blow out his tires. We called in the SWAT team to let them handle the situation. No one was injured in the firing of missiles from the helicopter.”
 
“Thanks Peostoliliosa, police have taken 22-year-old BaVoon and holding him in custody for further questioning. Now back to your scheduled chapter.”
 
 
Tears formed in Sango's eyes, she had been crying for the past ten minutes and couldn't stop. Why was she crying? Hadn't she made the right choice? She felt like an idiot sitting there crying in front of Miroku.
 
 
TBC
 
Well, was it what you thought it would be? I wonder what happened during that news bulletin... I surely don't know, and neither does anyone else. You'll just have to wait and see in the next chapter. I'll try to have it out soon!