InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love That Dog! ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love that Dog!
 
Chapter 20
 
AN: Hurrah! School is out and I'm back from vacation! Now I will have more time to write chapters! With the way things are going, Love that Dog will be complete by chapter 30. I have so many new ideas for a story; I don't know which one to use. Enjoy the chapter!
 
Darkmoonfang: I loved your idea, it will be the focus of the next chapter.
 
 
Kagome had never seen such a chaotic event in her life.
 
Never in her wildest dreams did she think that it would be mass chaos for everyone to try and get ready to leave. Even at five in the morning, they were all running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Their plane wouldn't leave for at least another ten hours, yet everyone insisted on waking up and having everything ready hours in advance.
 
She just shook her head and with a heavy sigh landed on the couch in her living room. “Never would I have thought that I would be going to go see my mother…”
 
As she sat on the couch, she tried to remember the good times, when her mother, brother and grandfather were still living with her, and her father still with her mother. There weren't too many memories that she could think of. Her father had left when she was nine, and not too long after that was when her mother had started to change.
 
Her head was plagued with memories of her mother becoming more loud and outgoing, not the quiet librarian she used to be. Her grandfather would always scold her mother, telling her that she was leaving a bad impression on Souta and me. She didn't know how her mother could have left an impression on Souta, he was only six and he was constantly in front of the TV playing video games.
 
Then one day when she was around fourteen, her mother packed up and left, taking Souta and her grandfather with her, leaving her alone. She never had any financial problems, her mother always sent her money and paid the bills from the US, and her father had to pay child support which was always sent to Kagome's house. If it did anything, it actually taught her to be independent.
 
“Kagome? Are you alright?” Sango walked to the other side of the couch and sat next to Kagome, “You seem a bit stressed out.”
 
She shook her head, “No, I wouldn't call it stress, more like contemplating the past.”
 
“I know what you mean, I've done that before,” her friend replied, “Ever since Miroku found my family and I've finally been reunited with them, I've thought about the past a lot, my relationship with my parents, and Kohaku, even what I did before I was turned into a dog. Its help me understand myself quite a bit.”
 
Kagome suddenly changed the subject on Sango, “Speaking of Miroku, just what did you guys do the other night?”
 
“What?!” Sango exclaimed with a deep blush across her face, “W-what do you mean what did we d-do the other n-night?”
 
She snickered; by the way Sango stuttered out her words, she could tell that something did happen between her best friend and Miroku. “Did you at least use protection?”
 
Sango's eyes wandered off to the corner of the room, trying to avoid the look of what Kagome's reaction to her answer might be. She really didn't want to answer Kagome's question, so she just sat there, letting the silence and her facial appearance answer for her.
 
“WHAT!? Sango! Do you realize what this means?”
 
She guiltily nodded. “Everything just happened so fast. I never even thought of that, I guess I just got too wrapped up in the moment. If I realized just what was going on, I would have made sure that we used it…”
 
Kagome gave an optimistic smile, “Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine. Besides, even if the worse does happen, I'm sure Miroku won't be upset, I would think he would actually be quite the opposite.”
 
“You're right. Everything should work out alright.”
 
Later…
 
Finally, what seemed like hours later, it was actually time to get ready to leave. Of course since the luggage had been packed almost six hours before hand, there wasn't much left to do but to call a taxi (obviously a taxi bus, or shuttle). After Kagome had called the airport to send them transportation, they all gathered around the door, waiting for the taxi to arrive.
 
“Keh,” Inu Yasha muttered, “Takes to long for a stupid car to get here…”
 
“Oh be quiet,” Kagome retorted, “You're just too impatient.”
 
Inu Yasha ignored Kagome and opened up the door to go outside.
 
“Just where do you think you're going?!” Kagome exclaimed, she had already looked outside and the taxi hadn't arrived yet.
 
“I'm waiting outside,” He said, “Your presence is making it a little too stuffy to wait inside.”
 
Kagome was about to argue back, but then the taxi suddenly appeared and everyone went charging out the door, bags in hand, leaving Kagome who was still inside the house. Were they all that excited to leave? She never thought it was that big of a deal to fly to another country for a while. Of course maybe none of them had ever been on a plane before.
 
“Hey Kagome!!” Kagome heard Inu Yasha yell from a distance, “If you don't get your ass down here we are going to leave with out you!!!”
 
`What I get for still listening to my mothers orders…'
 
She grabbed her bags and walked out to the taxi which was practically stuffed to its limits. The bag was piled with bags, and then the next two rows were crammed with people. Kagome thanked God that the airport wasn't too far away, and she also prayed that everyone had remembered to put on their deodorant.
 
The driver of the taxi took Kagome's bag and placed it on top of the already mountain of suitcases. Kagome slowly crawled into car, trying to cram herself in so that the door was closed. She had finally managed to squeeze herself in and the taxi driver closed the door. As she looked around the inside of the taxi van, she didn't have any idea how all of them managed to fit inside of the vehicle. The van only seated six and there were nine people in the car, not counting the driver.
 
Kagome stared out the window and watched her house disappear from sight. For the next couple of days, she would be in America visiting her mother, no matter how much she acknowledged the fact that she was going to visit her mother, the phrases of `going to America' and `visiting her mother' just didn't seem possible to put into a sentence.
 
“Ahem,” she heard as the person next to her cleared their throat. “Could you please get your fat ass off of my lap?! I can't even breathe!”
 
Kagome rammed her elbow into his side. “Stop being such an inconsiderate jerk!”
 
Inu Yasha gave her a harsh glare, “I'm not! I have a right to breathe! You are taking away that right by smothering me!”
 
“Stop trying to sound smart, it's not working.”
 
“I'm not trying to sound smart you wench!”
 
“It sure seemed like it to me!”
 
“You need an attitude adjustment.”
 
“What!? Me? Look whose talking; Mr. I can't say anything nice!”
 
“I can to say something nice!”
 
“Really?”
 
“I'll prove it to you! Sango, your outfit really compliments your eyes, it brings out the natural beauty in them, those shoes are great too, really compliments the ensemble.”
 
Everyone dropped their mouths and stared at Inu Yasha. Kagome pinched herself to make sure she wasn't hearing things, had he really said that? Wow… That was the only word that came to her mind. Even if he didn't mean it, it wasn't every day some guy who acts macho tough starts to act like some fashion expert. Maybe he was gay…
 
10 minutes later, outside of Security check point
 
They had safely made it to the airport and were standing in line, waiting to go through security. When it was finally their turn and everyone was barefoot and stripped of any metal items, the waited until it was their turn to pass through. Kagome hated standing on the floor with out her shoes on, her feet were touching the dirty floor that hundreds of others had touched, and she was pretty sure they didn't clean often enough.
 
“Pass through.” The guard said.
 
Kagome walked up to the sensor, the slowly passed under it, and prayed she didn't make it go off, for some reason she always hated it when the stupid machine buzzed her and it was just her belt. Luckily, this time Kagome made it through, and the machine didn't buzz on her. Everyone else made it through as well, which was a good thing because they only had ten minutes until their flight took off.
 
“Hurry up!” Kagome shouted, “They just announced the last boarding call for our flight!”
 
“Keh…” Inu Yasha muttered, “They won't leave without us.”
 
“Final boarding call for flight 206 to Los Angeles, I repeat, this is the final boarding call for flight 206 to Los Angeles. If you are not at the check in counter in three minutes, you will not be allowed on the plane, no exceptions.”
 
“I thought you said we had ten minutes!”
 
“I'm so sorry Inu Yasha,” Kagome yelled at him, “My watch must be slow!!”
 
He scoffed and turned his gaze away from her, “I think you're the one that's slow.”
 
“What?!”
 
“Kagome,” Sango stepped in between the two, “I think we should be more focused on getting on the plane rather then arguing with Inu Yasha.”
 
She nodded her head and proceeded to walk towards the gate with Sango and the others, completely ignoring Inu Yasha. He just made her so mad at times that she wanted to rip the little doggy ears off of his head and stuff them up his ass, of course that never did bring a pleasant mental picture to her mind.
 
They managed to get to the gate with less than a minute to spare, and then Kagome remembered something. “Sesshomaru, where is your secretary? Shouldn't she be here by now?”
 
“It's a he, and he is probably already on the plane right now, and if he's not, then I'll just fire him.”
 
`Boy would I hate to work for him,' Kagome thought, but then shrugged it off, and focused on walking down the little hallway which lead to the airplane. There were exactly ten seats in this first class airplane, and they got to sit on the upper level of the plane which meant they had some privacy.
 
When they got upstairs, Kagome saw a young man in his early twenties. He sure wasn't bad looking; the young man had messy black hair down to around to his neck and the most beautiful pair of light blue eyes she had ever seen. Kagome guessed that it was Sesshomaru's secretary.
 
Sango who was the last one to arrive up top stared at the young man with wide eyes. “What? Haruki?! You're Sesshomaru's secretary!?”
 
The so-called Haruki smiled and walked over to Sango and gave her a friendly hug. Kagome's eyes gazed over to Miroku was curious as to why he didn't look even have one bit of jealousy on his face.
 
“Of course,” Haruki stated matter-of-fact, “Who wouldn't want to be his secretary? He is the top model of Japan, besides this trip might result in him landing some modeling jobs… Just imagine him half naked, staring passionately with sweat dripping down his body on the front of an American magazine; I would by thousands of copies…”
 
Now Kagome was really confused what was going on? How did this person know Sango and was he gay or something? She had never heard a straight guy talk about another guy like that before. “Uh Sango, what's going on?”
 
“This is my cousin, Haruki, and if you can't tell he's gay. He's already been after Miroku the night he proposed.”
 
Inu Yasha stared at Haruki as if he were trying to read him like a book, “From the way you sound, your more like his manager than secretary.”
 
Haruki gave a cocky smile, “I like to consider myself both; it gives me more time to be around Sesshomaru.”
 
The first class only consisted of two rows, in each row there were three seats, a large isle, and then two seats on the other side of the isle. Everyone quickly grabbed seats before Kagome could register what was going on. Just as she guessed, she was stuck next to Inu Yasha, which wasn't a big surprise to her or anyone else. In the front row seated in the set of three were Kikyo, Naraku and Koga, and sitting in the two seats down from them was Sango and Miroku. In the back Sesshomaru, Haruki, and Kaede sat in the section of three.
 
(Note, if you didn't get that, I'll send you an e-mail with a better visual representation)
 
“Could you possibly wear any more perfume?” Inu Yasha asked her in his rude voice.
 
Kagome was offended even though she knew she hadn't put perfume on. “I'm not wearing Inu Yasha, you must smell yourself.”
 
“I am not you stupid girl.”
 
“We are now ready for take off.” The flight attendant said over the PA.
 
Then planed navigated itself towards the runway, and then quickly speed down the runway.
 
As the plane began to reach its top ground speed, Kagome gave out a small yelp and tightly held Inu Yasha's hand. Causing Inu Yasha to tense up a have a small blush planted across his face.
 
Sango who had heard Kagome's small yelp turned around and saw Kagome holding tightly onto Inu Yasha's hand. She quickly took out her cell phone and caught the moment before one of their arguments who break it up. To her surprise, neither Kagome nor Inu Yasha saw Sango take the picture, which would give her an advantage later on.
 
“Now Sango, how would you like it if they took a picture of us?” Miroku asked her, slightly jokingly.
 
“We're a couple,” Sango stated, “They aren't, it's completely different, that is the situation.”
 
Miroku shrugged, “I guess your right.” He bent down and gave her a gentle kiss on the top of her head.
 
Meanwhile, Kagome and Inu Yasha were still sitting with their fingers intertwined, not speaking a word. Kagome could feel her heart racing; she had held hands with Inu Yasha before, but never for this amount of time. It sent a feeling down her arm and to the rest of her body. There was a slight moment of quick turbulence as the airplane turned to head in a different direction, and Kagome squeezed Inu Yasha's hand tighter, and much to her surprise, he squeezed her hand back. When she turned her head to look at him, she saw that he was looking out the window, obviously trying to avoid her gaze.
 
Just in this past moment, she felt as if their relationship had progressed, even if it was just a tiny bit, they were making progress.
 
Quite a few hours later…
 
“We have just now landed at the Los Angeles airport, local time is ten fifteen, we hope you enjoyed your flight, and hope that next you are flying you do business with us, Costal Express airways (I made that up).”
 
Kagome looked around; she had fallen asleep for quite a long time, and didn't even realize that they had landed already. She looked down, and her hand was still in Inu Yasha's who at the time was just sitting there, staring into space.
 
“Are you ready to get off the plane Inu Yasha?” Kagome asked him.
 
Inu Yasha snapped out of his little dream world and absorbed what Kagome had just said to him. “Huh? Oh yeah right…” He stood up, letting go of Kagome's hand.
 
Up in the row in front of them, Sango and Miroku were snickering, both had filled up their cell phones will images of the sleeping couple, and they even used an entire memory card of space by taking even more pictures with Sango's digital camera. Sango chuckled to herself, imagining the lovely movie she was going to make with this, and any other footage or pictures taken during the trip.
 
Once they were off the plane, they stretched and headed off into the airport to collect their luggage. As they got past security, Kagome heard her name being called. She looked and saw Souta running towards her.
 
“Kagome! Kagome! It's really you!”
 
Kagome gave her brother a hug. “It's been such a long time Souta, you've really grown.”
 
“Of course I have!” He said, trying to act as mature as possible.
 
Kagome looked around, “Where's mom?”
 
Souta grabbed Kagome's hand and took her to the exit where she saw her mother. It had been such a long time, but now she was finally reunited with her mother.
 
Kagome, Souta and the others walked over to Kagome's mother who was smiling, waiting for their arrival. She was wearing a very expensive looking business suite and everything about her seemed very professional.
 
“Kagome darling! It's been such a long time, you've gotten much taller since the last time I saw you!”
 
Kagome looked her mother over, and something in particular caught her eye. There was a slight bulge around her mother`s stomach. Kagome looked twice, and then she realized she wasn't seeing things. Her mother had always been one to stay fit. So did this mean that her mother was, well pregnant?
 
A man who looked about the same age as he mother came walking over. “Sorry honey, I was telling the limo driver that our guests had arrived.”
 
Who was this man calling her mother `honey'? Kagome was extremely confused, and gave her mother a look to tell her that she didn't know what was going on.
 
“Well Kagome, I guess I should tell you, this is my fiancé, and if you couldn't already tell, I'm pregnant.”
 
She tried registering everything into her brain.
 
Mother was getting married.
 
Mother was pregnant.
 
Child going to be her half sibling.
 
Kagome decided that now would be a good time to faint.
 
 
TBC!
 
Poor Kagome, she's going to be a big sister again. Also, her mother isn't that old. Any suggestions as to who her mother's fiancé should be before I decide to make up some random person? Please review, I always appreciate your comments and any ideas for this story that you have!