InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love & War ❯ Be Still ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaori: Chapter 2! Hope ya'll enjoy it! ^-^ Tee hee!
 
Inuyasha: ..don't get your hopes up too much..
 
Kaori: x-o; what's that suppose to mean!? Kagome!
 
Kagome: *sigh* . . .sit. .
 
Inuyasha: *CRASH* X-X;
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Chapter 2 {Be Still}
 
 
Kagome played with the small cherry blossom as she faintly listened to Inuyasha scream at her from his perch on the tree branch above. He had been yelling at her for the past fifteen minutes about going home the night before without telling him. But Kagome wasn't to worried; she never really had any reason to even care about what the Hanyou said anymore. Did she?
 
`Obviously he still wants me to look for the shards.' She thought as Inuyasha raged on, her eyes fixed on the small flower. `I guess he's only using Kikyo for needs other than that one. . .' she frowned, still feeling heavy hearted about what she had witnessed the night before. Her heart still ached from being broken multiple times by the Hanyou, but she had finally made up her mind. . .she was just going to stop caring. It was going to be hard, but she could do it.
 
Another thing was eating at her thoughts; Sesshomaru's kindness had left her feeling warm inside, she felt great after the night before. Was that normal? Seriously, it was Sesshomaru, she wasn't suppose to go soft on him, he was their, well, Inuyasha's brother and enemy. . .she wasn't suppose to feel anything towards him except hate. So what was this feeling she had now? If it was hate it was a very funny feeling of hate.
 
“Kagome! Are you even listening to me!?” Inuyasha boomed, the Hanyou was now standing in front of the miko, his arms crossed. He nudged her leg with his foot.
 
Kagome shyly looked up at him; his golden eyes were full of rage, which made her smirk beyond all things. “Sorry Inuyasha, I wasn't listening.” She put the cherry blossom on her hair and kept her eyes on his face. “What were you saying?”
 
Inuyasha groaned and rolled his eyes. “Why do I even bother with you?”
 
Kagome frowned; this opportunity was too good to pass up. Her heart felt unwillingly heavy, and unwanted tears started to well in her eyes. She lowered her head. “From what I can understand you don't bother with me at all like you say.”
 
Inuyasha's ears twitched. “What?” his stomach turned itself into a knot.
 
“You are constantly complaining about me. . .and I'm getting tired of it just as your getting tired of seeing me.” Kagome said weakly, she turned her tear stained face up to look at the Hanyou, her eyes narrowing as she spoke.
 
“What are you talking about?!” Inuyasha almost yelled.
 
“I saw you. . .I know where you go when you tell us your going off by yourself to think. I know where you really go. . .and trust me you don't do much thinking!” Kagome stood up, her fists clenched tightly together. “I'm only staying here until the jewel is put back together. . .when that is done I'm going home and never coming back here. I see now that I'm only being used.”
 
At this point Inuyasha was on his way out of bewilderment and in his way into a state of complete shock. Kagome could tell he wasn't expecting her to say that, and she would have gone on but Sango had drawn near.
 
Sensing the tension between the young miko and Inuyasha, Sango calmly stepped up to them. “Is there something going on, guys?”
 
Kagome smiled and shook her head; she wiped the tears off her face. “No, not now. . . not ever.” She walked away from the two and headed into the forest, her arms crossed tightly over her chest.
 
“What was that all about?” Sango asked; she turned her eyes to Inuyasha who leaned his back against the tree. “Inuyasha?”
 
Inuyasha's voice cracked as the realization of his mistake scrambled itself in his brain. “I've lost her. . .” he looked at his hands as if watching the girl escape from his grasp. “She's left me. . .”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kagome cried, she cried and laughed. The mixture of emotions that flooded her mind had tossed her into a state of unbalanced feelings of happiness and angst. “I can't believe it!” she screamed as she fell on her butt. “. . .I finally did it. . .” she cried again, still not over the fact that the only man she had ever loved would never take over her heart ever again. “I finally set myself free. . .”
 
Kagome wiped her eyes. “No more crying. . .I'm not going to waste any tears on him anymore. . .”
 
A loud crash made Kagome's bind go blank, she jumped out of the way from the tree that was about to fell over on her. She looked up, Sesshomaru was standing near the fallen tree; did he knock it over?
 
Kagome's mind was a whirl, what was he doing? He had only just helped her the night before, now he was trying to kill her! Everything soon came to understanding, she saw that he had a new arm, she wasn't sure what kind of arm it was, but she was sure it was able to wield Inuyasha's sword. Yet. . .it was still no reason to attack her.
 
“Kagome! Get back!” Miroku yelled as he, Sango, and Inuyasha ran up from behind.
 
Kagome stood still and watched as her three friends jumped between her and Sesshomaru. Her eyes then moved to Sesshomaru himself, he attacked her. . .why? He had been so nice before. `I guess possession of Tetsusaiga is more important than anything.' She thought to herself, feeling a little disappointed about the whole thing.
 
“Kagome! Are you alright?” Inuyasha asked as he hauled out his sword, he glanced back at her. “Kagome?”
 
Kagome blinked. “Yeah, I'm fine.” She kept her gaze on Sesshomaru, who was now staring back at her. His eyes were trying to tell her something, but she couldn't quite read them, all she could see in them was the same old Sesshomaru that she had utterly feared. `But there must be something else.'
 
“Good. . .” Inuyasha looked at Sesshomaru. “What's the big idea? You almost killed her!”
 
“Do you seriously think I care about what happens to your wench, Inuyasha?” Sesshomaru scoffed as he whipped out Tokijin. “I am only here on one matter and one matter only.”
 
“I bet that's to take my Tetsusaiga.” Inuyasha smirked. “Well bring it on!”
“I'll allow you to believe that for the time being.” Sesshomaru smirked, giving a small glance towards Kagome before resuming his hidden intentions back to his brother. He pointed Tokijin at Inuyasha and a wave of black energy shot out.
 
“Move!” Inuyasha yelled. He, Sango, and Miroku leapt out of the way of the blast, while Kagome allowed her self to be tossed to one side by the after shock made by the blast when it his the ground. “What the hell is wrong with her?” Inuyasha grumbled to Miroku.
 
Kagome sat up, she stared Sesshomaru down with a very sad and confused glare. `I guess it was too good to be true.' She thought as she helped herself up.
 
The battle raged on, Miroku and Sango became too tired and injured to fight anymore, it was just Inuyasha and Sesshomaru left in battle now. They exchanged blows and uttered threats, just as they always did. Kagome still stood idly by, watching the two brothers try and kill each other.
 
Her heart almost stopped when she watched Sesshomaru blow Tetsusaiga out of Inuyasha's hands and into his own. “Ha-ha.” He laughed and stood before his brother, holding up both the Tetsusaiga and Tokijin.
 
“Kagome!” Inuyasha yelled back at the young miko, noticing that she had her bow and arrows with her. “SHOOT HIM! SHOOT HIM!”
 
Kagome took out one of her arrows and aimed at Sesshomaru, she watched as the Youkai lord turned to look at her, he put up no block or a cover for his chest, he just stood there, his eyes staring into Kagome from where he stood; a sword on either side of him. Then Kagome realized what he was doing. . .he was testing her!
 
Kagome trembled slightly as she steadily kept her aim on his chest. “Shoot him! Kagome what are you waiting for?!” Inuyasha yelled.
 
“Kagome. . .” Sango clutched into Miroku's arm as she watched.
 
`Be still. . .' Kagome thought to herself. `You'll do the right thing. . .just. . .be still and take your time. . .' Kagome sniffed and a tear rolled down her cheek, she shifted her arrow and fired, “hit the mark.” She whispered. The lilac arrow bounced off the blade of Tetsusaiga, transforming it back to an old deadbeat sword, and knocking it out of Sesshomaru's hand, it landing in front of Inuyasha. “Now shoot HIM!” Inuyasha yelled.
 
Kagome looked at him. “..No. . .” she whispered, dropping her bow to the ground. “I can't. . .I. . .won't.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded slowly and retired into the darkness of the forest. As Kagome watched him go she felt her friends eyes locked on her. She felt Inuyasha's golden stare force its way through her body, into her soul, she felt his angry energy surge from his body. But she never looked at him, she just looked into the forest, realizing what she had just done could change everything for her. . .and for everyone else.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: Hey! That's the end of Chappie 2! REVIEW!