InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love & War ❯ A Night with Rin ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaori: Chapter 3! I'm on a role! I'm tellin' ya now; I have lots of ideas yet! Unless I come down with a deadly case of writers block, you'll be reading a lot more interesting shit in this story! {not bad for my first Sess/Kag story, eh?}
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chapter 3 {A Night with Rin}
 
 
Kagome lay outside Kaede's hut, she listened to Inuyasha argue with Sango and Miroku inside. “She could have got him! I still don't see why she never shot him when she could have!” the hanyou yelled. “I swear to the gods she is starting to slack off! I'm soon going to send her back to her own time for good! We don't need her anymore if she's going to start slacking back in battles!”
 
“Inuyasha!” Sango shouted seconds after. “I can't believe you'd say such things about her! Without Kagome we wouldn't have gotten this far! We have over half of the jewel because of her! And why are you even thinking that Kagome is able to kill Sesshomaru! Unlike you she has morals! He's your brother! Don't you think that means something somewhere!?”
 
“All I know is, if she starts backing out I'm just going to give up on her! She isn't needed around here anymore anyway!” Inuyasha growled.
 
“Inuyasha, don't you dare say it.” Miroku warned.
 
“Why shouldn't I? We all know it so I might as well say it.” Inuyasha took a breath. “We all know Kagome's powers are inferior to Kikyo's. That if we had Kikyo's powers from the beginning we would have the whole jewel by now. . .hell the jewel wouldn't be broken if it wasn't for Kagome! And now that Kikyo is starting to edge her way with us, we don't need Kagome anymore!”
 
“Inuyasha!” Sango screamed, finally hearing enough. “If it wasn't for Kagome you would still be pinned to that tree! Don't you dare speak of such thing when I am in ears range! You know just as well as what the rest of us do that none of what you just spoke of is true!” all emotion was now drained from Sango's voice. “You also know that Kikyo will kill you with the first chance she gets. . .and if you wish to go like that then so be it. But don't you dare take down about Kagome! You hear me?!”
 
“We all heard. . .” Kagome said as she entered the hut. “I'm glad to see what is really going on inside your head Inuyasha.” She blinked; she wasn't going to let herself cry, she had promised herself that no more tears would be shed by her on Inuyasha's behalf. “I'm leaving you guys now. . .I don't know when I'm going to return.”
 
“Kagome.” Sango sighed.
 
“Good riddance!” Inuyasha puffed as he crossed his arms.
 
Kagome smiled. “So this will be the last chance I will get to say this for awhile. . .OSUWARI!” as Inuyasha's face met the wooden floor of Kaede's hut, Kagome left and headed into the forest, only to collapse three minutes later. The shock of what she had heard and how she reacted was to overwhelming for her.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The heat of a fire warming her face helped Kagome stir into consciousness. Where was she? Her eyes slowly peeked open, a small fire crackled in front of her, and on the other side Rin sat quietly watching her. {A/N: For those of you who don't know, in later episodes Kagome helps Sesshomaru by helping Rin when she's sick or something, so she already knows who she is.} `Sesshomaru must have found me.' She thought as she slowly sat up.
 
“Hey, wait a second Kagome-san!” Rin said as she ran over, making Kagome lie back down again. “Sesshomaru-sama told me to make sure you do not move! I cannot disappoint him!”
 
Kagome smiled. “Where is he?”
 
“That I cannot say, because I do not know myself.” Rin answered. “He doesn't tell me where he goes, and I do not ask.”
 
“I see.” Kagome looked at the flame.
 
“Is there something the matter?” Rin asked; she leaned forward curiously. “Because you can tell me, I promise not to tell a soul!”
 
Kagome smiled and looked back at Rin. “You wouldn't understand, Rin. Trust me, you really wouldn't.”
 
“What do you mean!?” Rin suddenly shot on the defensive. “I can understand anything that is bothering you! Just try me!”
 
Kagome couldn't help but laugh; she slowly sat up and wrapped her arms around her knees. “I doubt you would, Rin. I highly doubt it.”
 
Rin stood up and rested her arms on Kagome's knees, staring her in the eyes. “Please. I really want to know what's bothering you. And don't say `nothing', I know the difference!”
 
Kagome sighed in defeat. Even if the girl understood or not, she would still feel better if she told SOMEONE about what she was feeling. “Ok fine Rin. You win.”
 
“Yay!” Rin sat down in front of Kagome. “So tell me what's wrong? Does it have something to do with Sesshomaru? Do it?!”
 
Kagome looked at the little girls bright eyes, so innocent. “Yeah. . .it kind of does.” Kagome said slowly. She watched Rin's eyes grow rounder in wonder, which made her press on. “I think I'm starting to have. . .no your only a kid I have to choose my words. Um, I like him.”
 
Rin suddenly burst. “You like him?! I knew it! I thought so! No wonder he brought you here!” she jumped up to her feet. “I knew there had to have been a reason for him to bring you here! He wouldn't tell Jaken or me but I knew there was something!”
 
Kagome felt her cheeks heat up, a little kid was making her blush! “Your. . .overreacting a little Rin.” She said calmly.
 
“And you're blushing!” Rin squealed as she pointed a finger at the miko accusingly. She sat herself in Kagome's lap. “I'm glad you're here now, Sesshomaru-sama actually smiled before he left this time.” She cuddled into Kagome's chest. “I guess just seeing you here made him really happy.”
 
The child was soon asleep in Kagome's arms, leaving Kagome royally speechless. She slowly lay back, keeping the sleeping girl in her arms, was all of that true? She couldn't rightly make up her mind. But having known that Sesshomaru had helped her once again made her rest easier, and she was soon sleeping.
 
 
Sesshomaru and Jaken stopped in the trees near the little camp. “I still think it's a bad idea Sesshomaru-sama.” Jaken whispered. “Your brother will come looking for her, and it may ruin things for you.”
 
“Hmm, my half-wit brother won't even think of coming after me to look for her.” Sesshomaru said as he watched the two girls sleeping near the soon dead fire.
 
“I still don't even know why you want her, m'lord.” Jaken continued on, “she id your brothers wench after all.”
 
“My brother fails to see the great things that this girl can do.” Sesshomaru said. “He fails to look at her with the pride he should be looking at her with. He is blind to all the good things about her, he's a fool.” He narrowed his vision onto Kagome face. “I wish to show her exactly what she needs in life. . .she has never felt love from my brother because he's too stupid to realize what he can lose when she leaves him, I wish to show her real love, Jaken. Unfortunately that's something your insignificant mind cannot understand.”
 
“May I ask something else then master?” Jaken asked. “Why did you attack her earlier if that is what you wish to do?”
 
“I had to see if she was true to me in morals. She would not kill me, Jaken. If it had been at any other time she probably would have.” Sesshomaru smirked. “But I have a feeling that she will have to make another choice very soon. . .something I know that will be hard for her to do. . .something I wish she wouldn't have to go through.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: AW! KAWAII! . . .if I do say so myself…hehe! Review please!!!