InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love & War ❯ First Kiss/Beginning of Last Battle ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaori: Oh my…chapter 4 already…enjoy people! Oh yeah! Thanks for the reviews! You're all urging me on! THANKIES!
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chapter 4 {First Kiss/Beginning of Last Battle}
 
 
“Kagome.” Sesshomaru stood over the sleeping girl; he had to get all this off his chest now. “Kagome, wake up.”
 
Kagome's eyes slowly cracked open, she yawned and looked up at the youkai lord. “Huh, Sesshomaru?” she groaned as she slowly moved Rin, whom was still sleeping, on the ground beside her. The sun was about an hour from rising, and the fire had long ago gone out.
 
“Would you come with me?” Sesshomaru took a small breath. “Please.”
 
Kagome blinked and suddenly became a little concerned. “Um…alright.” She stood up and followed Sesshomaru into the forest. `I don't know why I'm worried.' She thought to herself. `Should I be?'
 
Sesshomaru stopped under a tree and turned to look back at the young miko. “You seem a little nervous. Actually I don't blame you.” He watched as the girl stopped before him and cupped her hands behind her back. “About attacking you…”
 
“I know. I kind of figured it out.” Kagome said. “It was a test wasn't it? To see if I'd try to attack you…to see if the other night had any effect on me whatsoever.” She paused. “Am I close?”
 
Sesshomaru chuckled. “You hit the mark.” He watched as Kagome's eyes started to wander around through the trees. “Kagome I have something…really important I wish to discuss with you.”
 
Kagome nodded slowly. “Alright.” She looked at Sesshomaru without blinking, her heart a flutter. This was it, she was finally going to find out everything…or at least that's what she hoped.
 
“After seeing you so often with my brother, seeing how you try your hardest to make everything just perfect for him…I grew very fond of you. Your loyalty to my brother even after he would constantly put you down…I figured that you deserved more than that.” Sesshomaru shifted and stared down at the young miko, whom was staring at him with a stunned expression on her face. “You are loyal, that I am very fond of, so when I attacked I had to see if you would remain loyal if it meant going against my brother.”
 
“Sesshomaru…” Kagome felt her cheeks heating up; she had never thought that he had had a soft side. She had no idea that it was physically possible for him to think or feel anything other than hatred. “I…”
 
“You don't really need to say anything, Kagome.” Sesshomaru interrupted. “I guess I am out of line trying to take you away from my brother, but…” his sentence was cut short at the miko pressed herself into his chest and hugged into him tightly. He just stared forward, unable to go on with what he was trying to say to her.
 
Kagome sniffed and blinked back tears. “Sesshomaru…I-I'm…” she buried her face in his robe, gathering as much as the fabric as she could in her fists. “I'm so…” she looked up at him. “…happy…”
 
Happy…was she sure of that? She looked like she was sure of it; he had to put it to the test. Sesshomaru slowly wrapped his forefinger and thumb around the edge of Kagome's chin and leaned forward, she never made a move to escape him, so he wrapped his lips around hers, bringing her into a small kiss.
 
Kagome closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around the youkai lord's neck; she finally admitted to herself that this is what she was longing for ever sense that night in the forest. But, for some reason…it didn't seem entirely right…something was tugging at her mind. What did this mean for her and the others? She definitely knew what it meant for her and Inuyasha, but she found herself caring less and less about it every second, but what about Sango, Miroku, and Shippo? She couldn't leave her friends hanging like that, she just…couldn't.
 
As if on call, Sango's voice echoed through Kagome's ears. Sounding in so much pain that it made Kagome's heart nearly jump out of her chest as she and Sesshomaru quickly parted. “…K-Kagome…”
 
The youkai slayer fell to her knees, and then to the broad of her back. Blood was running from her mouth and from a gaping wound in her stomach, there was no sign of anyone else from the village or their little group.
 
“Oh no…Sango? Sango!” Kagome ran to her friend and fell to her knees at her side. She lifted up Sango's head and let it rest in her lap, “Sango, speak to me! What happened?!” she frantically moved Sango's blood soaked hair away from her face, her eyes were open, but they were staring into oblivion. “Sango!?”
 
“Naraku…” Sango whispered, she reached back and wrapped her hands around Kagome's hair and brought her forward so she could look the miko in the eyes. “He and Kikyo…they attacked us…shortly after Kagura showed up.” She winced. “We are up against them and an army of youkai that Naraku had summoned. We can't do it…”
 
“Where are the others? Are they still in battle?” Kagome asked frantically, her heart was up in her throat.
 
Sango nodded slowly. “…Inuyasha, Miroku, Kaede, Koga…and many others from the village are in battle.” She closed her eyes. “We can't hold them off much longer on our own…Kagome we need you…please…” she opened her eyes, the whites of them were red from blood that had seeped into her tear gland. “Please you have to go back…”
 
Kagome settled Sango's head on the ground and stood up, she turned to Sesshomaru. “I'm sorry. Please look after Sango…” she ran off into the forest. “I'll return…I promise!”
 
Sesshomaru looked down at Sango. “Do you think she has a chance?”
 
“Do you believe she does?” Sango asked.
 
Sesshomaru looked into the forest, it worried him…maybe she wasn't ready.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The battle area was hectic; Kagome's stomach sank as she scanned the land now wrecked with carnage. She clutched her bow tightly as tears started to well in her eyes, the likely hood of her actually surviving this battle was slim to none now that Inuyasha didn't want her around, because she was sure the hardheaded hanyou wouldn't protect her now.
 
`I'm more than likely going to be on my own out there…' she thought as she ran down over the grassy hill to the battle. `…I just got to have faith.' Her eyes first landed on Miroku, bleeding and nearly ripped apart, but still fighting a losing battle against Kagura.
 
Kagome climbed atop of a large dead youkai and armed her bow with one of her arrows; she aimed for Kagura's hand, hoping to knock the fan away from her. “Hit the mark!” she exclaimed as she let the arrow fly, it soared through the wind sorceress's hand and dug itself into a tree. Kagura screamed in pain and dropped her fan as she fell back to the ground, clasping her bloody hands together.
 
Heads turned to look up at Kagome; Miroku leaned in his staff before sinking to his knees. “Thank the gods…” he gasped.
 
Kagome ran down to Miroku and helped him to his feet. “Are you alright?” she asked.
 
“I'm fine…thank-you…” Miroku smiled a bit. “Sango got to you alright?”
 
Kagome nodded. “Yeah…” she looked around, Naraku was watching everything from his perch on top of a hill. “…he hasn't fought yet?”
 
“He never moved sense the battle started.” Miroku said. “He sent Kikyo after Inuyasha and commanded everyone else out to do a complete slaughter of all in their path. He is looking for you, Kagome.”
 
“What?” Kagome blinked. “Why?”
 
“It would appear…that he has all of the jewel shards…he had the full jewel in his possession.” Miroku explained. “But there is something missing, the jewel exploded from your body…it need to be reunited with the being it came from in order for it to be complete…that's why he's after you…”
 
“That means…” Kagome armed her bow again. “We'll have to destroy him and the jewel…”
 
“Are you sure? Destroying the jewel will be…”
 
“Catastrophic? I know…which is why I'll steal it from him and take it away.” Kagome walked away from Miroku. “Then I'll destroy it myself…but I'll need Inuyasha's help. Where is he?”
 
Miroku pointed across the battle field where Inuyasha was battling Kikyo. It seemed like he was going to lose. “I guess I'll have to take care of this first then.” She took the cherry blossom from her hair and gave it to Miroku. “Miroku if I don't make it through this…I want you to hunt down Sesshomaru and give him this…”
 
“Sesshomaru?” Miroku looked at Kagome in surprise, then smiled and nodded. “Go do what you have to do Kagome-san.”
 
Kagome nodded and ran out into the field, fending off any youkai that tried to attack her. She soon found herself ten feet away from Inuyasha and Kikyo. She fired an arrow and the two stopped fighting and turned towards her.
 
Inuyasha panted. “K-Kagome.”
 
Kagome aimed at Kikyo, “this is it Kikyo!” she yelled. “I am getting sick of you trading sides every two seconds!” he eyes narrowed. “You've chosen your final path! This is the end for you!”
 
A bow and arrow formed in Kikyo's hands, she aimed for Kagome. “You have no idea what you are doing, girl.” She warned. “I suggest you crawl back through the well while you still have the chance to get away.”
 
“I'm not going to run from you!” Kagome yelled. “I'M SICK OF RUNNING!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: OOOOH! Cliffhanger, lol. Review! :> Stick around for chapter 5!