InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love & War ❯ Confessions in the Wind ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5 {Confessions in the Wind}
 
 
Kikyo smirked. “Fair enough, you've sealed your fate!”
 
“Kagome don't!” Inuyasha yelled. “You'll be killed!”
 
“Shut up!” Kagome screamed. “You have never had any faith in me!” she fired her arrow, it knocked Kikyo's bow out of her hands. “You've always used me for one reason alone! To replace her!” she armed her bow again and pointed it at Kikyo. “But now you realize what she really wanted in the beginning…and now you'll see what she really is!” she let the arrow fly, it pierced Kikyo's chest and then reflected off. The miko's chest exploded as all the souls burst from her body.
 
Inuyasha stared blankly at Kikyo as her body started to crumbled away. “Damn you, Kagome.” Kikyo screamed before she completely crumbled away.
 
Kagome stared at Inuyasha as the dust Kikyo's body had been reduced to was taken by the wind.
 
“Kagome…” Inuyasha took a few steps towards her.
 
Kagome held up her hand. “No. Don't say anything. You have to help me get the Shikon no Tama. I'm going to destroy it…and don't argue with me.” Her eyes narrowed. “As long as it's still around no one in this era, or any other era for that matter is safe.”
 
Inuyasha blinked. He had never seen Kagome act this way before, and she smelled funny…she smelled like. “No…” Inuyasha took a step back as he sniffed the air again. “You smell like my brother.” His eyes narrowed. “Kagome, where exactly did you disappear off to?”
 
“Are you going to start fussing about that or are we going to get the jewel away from Naraku?!” Kagome spat. “Come on!”
 
Inuyasha smirked. “Alright Kagome, let's do this.” He turned around. “Get on.”
 
Kagome climbed on Inuyasha's back, she was surprised that he never pressed the matter further, but she guessed that he realized that it was none of his business anyway. She sighed as Inuyasha started to run for the hill Naraku had made his little lookout, looking over towards the forest where she had left Sesshomaru and Sango she allowed a small tear to roll down her face. `He doesn't know what I'm planning on doing…' she thought. `I'm sorry Sesshomaru…I really am…'
 
Inuyasha jumped so that he and Kagome were hovering over Naraku. “Ready?”
 
Kagome took out an arrow and aimed for Naraku. “As I'll ever be!” she jumped off Inuyasha's back and plummeted down towards Naraku. “You going to help me Inuyasha?!” she screamed.
 
Inuyasha smirked and took out Tetsusaiga, he allowed himself to fall towards the ground right behind Kagome. “On your call!”
 
Kagome stretched the arrow back on the bow as far as she could, “NOW!” she let the arrow go just as the string on the bow burst, she then landed on her back right in front of Naraku. Soon after Inuyasha's sword slashed through the other hanyou, he turned to dust just as Kikyo had.
 
Kagome stood up. “It was a decoy…” she breathed. “Where's the real Naraku?”
 
Inuyasha looked around. “He mustn't have come here after all…” he looked to Kagome. “So how were you planning on destroying the jewel anyway?”
 
“I haven't really thought that far ahead…” Kagome said. “All I know is that it's going to be destroyed for good…no shard or anything left behind.” She sighed and dropped her bow then crossed her arms. “We just have to find Naraku and get the jewel back.”
 
“You want Naraku?! Then I'll take you to him!” Kagura swooped behind Kagome on her feather and grabbed her , once she got her on the feather, her hands tied behind her back, she took off into the air.
 
“Kagome!” Inuyasha yelled as he helplessly watched the young miko being carried off. `If what I'm thinking is right my brother is going to kill me…' he thought as a low growl escaped his throat.
 
 
“Kagura!” Kagome squealed. “Let me go!”
 
“Stop you're squirming, Kagome.” Kagura said; her crimson eyes glanced back at her prisoner. “I'm trying to help you here, baka.”
 
Kagome blinked. “What?”
 
“I want Naraku dead as must as the next person.” Kagura explained. “I want to be free, but because of him I am kept around here…killing those he wishes to have killed on immediate command…” she sighed. “Do you actually think I'm happy of what I've done in my life? No…at times I can't even live with myself…”
 
“Then why do you do it?” Kagome asked, still not understanding where Kagura was coming from.
 
“Because it's either someone else's life lost or my own!” Kagura snapped. “I do not wish to become part of that man ever again…” her eyes narrowed as tears streamed form them. “I want to be my own person…”
 
Kagome sighed; she hadn't realized that that is what Kagura actually felt. “Well…can you at least untie me? Please?”
 
“If I bring you unrestrained don't you think he'll suspect something?” Kagura asked. “Besides…we don't even have a plan…”
 
“We'll have to come up with something…” Kagome thought for a second. “Any ideas?”
 
“This is my first time working with you…I spent all my time trying to figure out what to say to help you believe me.” Kagura said. “Then you shot me with the arrow and that really pissed me off.”
 
Kagome laughed nervously. “Aha…sorry about that.”
 
“No odds, now…we have to come up with a plan…we'll soon be there.”
 
~*~*~*~
 
“BAKA! BAKA! BAKA! BAKA!” Sesshomaru beat his fist down on his brother's face repeatedly as rage built up through his body. “YOU LET THEM TAKE HER! YOU SON OF A BITCH!” he slammed Inuyasha up against a rock and pressed Tokijin's blade against his throat. “Give me two reasons why I shouldn't kill you right now!”
 
“Sesshomaru stop! Please.” Sango begged, she limped over to the two brothers, her short off and her entire chest and stomach area bandaged up. “Don't rush into things! We'll get her back!”
 
Sesshomaru snarled and let Inuyasha go, he put Tokijin away and sat down.
 
“Wow Sesshomaru I've never saw you so bent out of shape before.” Inuyasha said, feeling a little off. He couldn't help but feel a little scared; Sesshomaru had never shown any emotion like this before.
 
“Shut up.” Sesshomaru growled. “Or I really will slit your throat! No hesitations! No questions ask, I'll be wearing your blood!”
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: …sorry I gotta cut this one off here. Please review and the next chapter will be up soon!