InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Loving You*

Chapter 1 - Unexpected

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Four Years Later...

Kagome set down her groceries to open her apartment door. I should have set them down five minutes ago. She walked into her apartment and went into the kitchen.

"Alexia?" Kagome called. Alexia is Kagome's older cousin on her dad's side. She offered to baby-sit for Kagome when she had the baby and babysat for her so much she became Kagome's full time babysitter.

"We're upstairs," she answered.

Kagome headed upstairs to the living room. Kagome loved this apartment for the moment she first set foot into it. It was a two story apartment. Her dad left her a big chunk of change when he died and she bought this apartment with some of it. When you walk in there is a big, round staircase on the right. On the left is a big room with double doors that Kagome turned into a playroom. Under the staircase is a coat closet. Across from the front door is a huge kitchen and dining room. The kitchen has all stainless steel appliances and in the dining room is a large oak wood table. In between the playroom and kitchen is a hallway that leads to the bathroom and the laundry room behind the kitchen. Upstairs is the living room, two bedrooms and Kagome's dance area. When you walk up the stairs, you step into the living room. In the room is a large dark burgundy couch and matching recliner, a big screen t.v. opposite the couch. Behind the t.v. is a wall of large windows and two french doors that lead to the balcony. Kagome's dance area was part of the living room, but when she moved in, she put hardwood floors in, and a large mirror along the wall and a barre attached to mirrors. On the other side of the room is Kagome's bedroom. She has a large bedroom with a big canopy bed. On the right side of her room is her private bathroom and on the left is her walk-in closet. Next to the stairs is another large bedroom, which is her child's.

"Mommy!" A little boy with short black hair ran to Kagome.

"Hey, Wyatt." Kagome bent down and picked up her son. "Did you have fun with Lexi?"
"Uh-huh," Wyatt said.

"He was very good, as usual," Alexia said. She stood and walked over to Kagome. "Tomorrow's your last show, right?"

"Yea, thank god. This has been the hardest show ever," Kagome confessed.

"Well, this is the first time you played a lead."

"I know, and I love it. It's just tiring." Kagome followed her cousin downstairs. "You're gonna be there, right?"

"Of course I am. So is Jake." Jake is Alexia'a husband. They got married last year.

They said goodbye to each other at the door. Kagome went into the kitchen to put away the groceries, with Wyatt close behind.

"Are you hungry, Wyatt?" Kagome asked her son. Wyatt nodded his head. "What do you want to eat for dinner?"

"Wyatt thought for a minute than said," Pasagehetti!"

Kagome laughed. "You mean spaghetti?"

"That's what I said, Mommy," Wyatt said, rolling his eyes the best her could for a four year old.

"Okay, spaghetti it is. Why don't you go play in the playroom while I make us some dinner, kay?"

"Okay, Mommy."

Kagome finished putting away the food and started dinner. Then the phone rang. She picked up just as the answering machine came on. Why is the phone never where it should be? "Hello?" Kagome asked breathlessly. Running up the stairs and searching all over can do that to you.

"Took you long enough to answer the phone."

"Who is this?" Kagome asked as she walked down the stairs.

"I can't beleive you forgot you own sisters voice. It wasn't that long ago that we talked."

"Rin?"

"Yes!"

"I didn't forget your voice. You just took me by surprise, that's all. Plus, we haven't talked in a few months," Kagome added as she stirred the hamburger.

"It's been that long?"

"Uh-huh."

"Oh. Sorry I haven't called in a while, things have been pretty hectic around here," Rin said.

"What's going on?" Kagome asked, pulling some vegetables out of the fridge.

"Now, don't get mad at me for not telling you sooner. And you have to promise me that you won't blow me up the next time you see me."

"Rin, I would never bl-"

"Promise me!"

"Okay, I promise." Leave it to Rin to be overdramatic.

"I'm getting married in two weeks."

"What?!" Kagome dropped her knife, surprised by what her sister just told her.

"I'm getting married," Rin said a bit more cautiously.

"When did this happen?"
"Sesshy asked me a few months ago, and I want to get married right away. That's why it's so soon," she explained.

"You're marring Sesshomaru?"

"Yes, and I really want you to come. So will you?"

Kagome picked up the knife she dropped and started cutting up the vegetables again. "I don't know, Rin. I'm not sure that's such a good idea."

"C'mon Kagome. You have to be there. Your my baby sister. I need you there. How can I get married without you there?"

Rin kept going on and on about why Kagome should come, when Kagome stopped her. "Okay, I'll come, if it'll shut you up."

Rin squealed. Loudly. "Great! Here's Mom, she'll give you the details.

"Wait! Rin, no-"

"Kagome?"

"Mom, hi."

Kagome and her mother haven't talked since she moved to New York. The only person that she talked to was Rin. No one else knew where she lived. And Rin told her many times that Hitomi wanted to talk to Kagome, but Akira wouldn't let her. Kagome always told Rin that if her mom wanted to talk to her, she would find a way. When Hitomi found out that Kagome wouldn't call her, she became angry with her. Sure, she would forgive her, it she would come to her senses and come home, but that never happened. And she wasn't thrilled that Kagome was coming to Rin's wedding and not moving back home. She decided to act neutral toward Kagome, she didn't want to get attached to her and get used to having her around just to have to face the heartache of her leaving again.

"As you know, Rin is getting married in two weeks and she wants you to be there, so I bought your tickets."

"Mom, you didn't have to do that, I have my own money," Kagome said.

"I'm not doing this a favor to you," her mom said. "I'm just doing this so you won't be here the day before the wedding and leave the day after."

"Uh, yeah. How do you know I won't waste the tickets you bought me and just buy my own?"

"Because I raised you better than that."

Kagome was about to make a witty comment, but decided against it. She didn't want this conversation to last any longer hat it had to. "Fine. When do I leave?"

"Your plane departs at seven Sunday morning."

"This Sunday?" Kagome couldn't believe this. Leave it to her family to spring something on her the last minute.

"Yes, this Sunday. Is that a problem?"

"As a matter of fact-"

"Good, then it's all settled. Just go to the airport and give them your name, your tickets are in their computer system. See you in a few days."

Kagome pulled the phone away from her ear when she heard the dial tone. She couldn't believe that she was going back to Japan. She was going to see her family and...Kagome didn't want to finish the thought. But she didn't have a choice. Going back means I'll have to face Inuyasha. And then he'll find out about Wyatt. What am I gonna do? Kagome didn't want to think about it anymore, so she called Wyatt into the kitchen and asked him to tell her what he did today while she finished dinner.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After dinner, Kagome gave Wyatt a bath before she put him to bed. After she read him a story, she decided to tell him about today.

"I got a call from your aunt Rin today," Kagome said as she put the book away. "She told me she's getting married. And we're invited to the wedding."

"Does that mean we're going to Japan?" Wyatt asked, cocking his head to the side. He looks so much like his father when he does that.

"Yes, we're going to Japan."

"Yea!" Wyatt got up and started jumping up and down on his bed. Kagome laughed.

"Okay, young man, you need to get some sleep if you want to go," Kagome told him, reaching for him. Wyatt jumped into her arms and gave her a big hug.

"I love you, Mommy."

Kagome hugged him tight. While she hugged him, for some reason she wasn't sure of, tears sprang to her eyes. " I love you, too."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next day, Saturday, Kagome grabbed some clothes and threw them in her suitcase on her bed. Alexia picked them up and folded them. "My god, doesn't she think of anyone but herself."

"Kagome, you know that's not true."

Kagome sighed and sat down on the floor in front of her bed. Alexia sat down next to her. "I know, I don't even know why I said it."

"It's okay, I know you didn't mean it."

"I'm just scared of going back, ya know. I've been gone for four years, and I didn't exactly leave under good terms."

"Everything's gonna be fine. You'll be with Rin. And you mother talked to you yesterday, that's gotta be a good sign, right?"

"It's not them I worried about."

"Oh, it's your step dad and Sango."

"A little, but I can handle them. It's Inuyasha. I can't avoid him. His brother's marrying my sister. So I have to see him eventually, and when I do, he'll see Wyatt. And I know that when he finds out that I hid his son from him this whole time he'll be furious. That's why I'm scared to go back."

Alexia leaned over and pulled Kagome into a hug. "Don't worry about it, everything will be fine."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome stepped on the little platform and waited for it to do it's thing and send her up through the stage. She was glad she had a show tonight, so she could lose herself in the singing and dancing. She smoothed her wig, straightened her outfit, and made sure her shoes were strapped. She took a deep breath when she felt the platform move beneath her.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the Onyx Club is proud to present Chicago's hottest dancing duo, two jazz babes moving as one. The Kelly Sisters!"

Kagome stood there with her head down, waiting for her queue.

"Come on babe why don't we paint the town...And all that jazz?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Once Kagome stepped off the stage, she was bombarded with congrats and words of praise. She said thank you but never stopped until she reached her changing room. She walked into her room and shut the door before anyone could follow her. She didn't mean to be rude, she just had to hurry and get home so her and Wyatt could get some sleep before they left the next morning. She just finished changing when someone knocked on the door.

"Who is it?"
"It's your uncle."

Kagome opened the door and let him in. "Hi, uncle Luke."

He gave her a big hug. "You did a great job out there, honey. Your father would be so proud."

Kagome gave him a big smile. "I should thank the producer for choosing me to play Velma."

"You should."

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." Luke Marcello is her dad's younger brother. He's a big broadway producer and her aunt is his director.

"So, you leave tomorrow, huh?"

"Yeah." Kagome picked up her bag and slung it across her shoulder. "I gotta go get Wyatt." She hugged her uncle again. "I already said good bye to aunt Cadence. I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you, too. We all will."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N:
Here's the official first chapter. Hope you like it.

Thanks to those who reviewed.

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer:
I do not own Inuyasha or Charmed.