InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You ❯ Going Back ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Loving You*

Chapter Two - Going Back

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The plane landed and came to a stop. All the passengers got up and proceeded to gather their things to exit. All except for Kagome.

"Mommy, are we going?"

"Yes, just give me a second, sweetie," she said, releasing her breath, not realizing that she was holding it.

"Miss? Are you alright?" A flight attendant asked her.

"Yes, I'm fine." Kagome gave her a slight smile. She stood up and grabbed her carry on and took Wyatt's hand and walked off the plane. While she was at the luggage claim, she heard a loud shriek. Kagome whipped around to see if anyone was hurt and saw someone running towards her. After a second she realized that she knew this person.

"Kagome!"

"Rin!"

Kagome was soon enveloped in a huge hug by her sister. She hugged her back with one arm and held onto Wyatt with the other.

"I can't believe your here!" Rin smiled and looked down. "And you must be Wyatt. Can I have a hug?" Wyatt nodded and Rin picked him up. "He looks just like you." She gave Kagome a confused look and set Wyatt down. "Why is that? You said he was Yash's."

"He is," Kagome insisted.

"Then why doesn't he have the Tashio looks? Everyone on the Tashio side of the family has silver hair and gold eyes because they're youkai."

"No need for a lesson based on their family, Rin, I grew up with them, too." Kagome sighed. "I cast a concealment spell on him when he was born."

"What?! How could you do that? You can't deny him his heritage, he needs to know what he is!" Rin yelled.

"Rin, could we please talk about this somewhere else?" Kagome whispered. "People are starting to stare."

"I agree," said an emotionless voice from behind Kagome. "This isn't the place to talk about this."

Kagome turned around and gasped. "Sesshomaru."

"Let's go. I have a limo waiting."

"But, I need to get my luggage."

"We already got them." Sesshomaru took Rin's hand and started walking towards the exit.

Kagome looked at Wyatt and sighed. Well, that exactly the kind of first impression I wanted for Wyatt. She bent down and picked up her son.

"Mommy, who was that?"

"That was you uncle Sesshomaru."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They all got into the limo and drove away from the airport. Rin looked at Kagome with confusion written on her face. "Now can you tell me why you hid my nephews true self."

"I was afraid," Kagome admitted, tears forming. She closed her eyes, willing the tears not to fall.

"Afraid of what?" Rin asked.

"That people would make fun of him because of how he looked." Kagome looked down at her son. The tears she fought to keep in won and flowed freely down her face. "I didn't want him to grow up in a world that hated him."

"Oh, Kagome," Rin slid over and gave her baby sister a hug.

"I knew the pain Inuyasha went through growing up and I didn't want that for my son." Kagome leaned back Rin and wiped her eyes. "And he does now what he is. The spell is just for his appearance, aura, and scent, so no one would find out who he really is. He still has his youkai abilities."

"Have you told anyone that he is a youkai?" questioned Sesshomaru.

Kagome looked at him. "No, I haven't. Not even my family in New York knows about. I don't think they would understand."

"And does Wyatt? Does he understand?"

"Of course he does. I'm teaching him how to control his powers. He doesn't just have youkai abilities. He was witch powers, too."

"Really?" asked Rin. "What are they?"

"Well, I figured out he can cast spells when he tried reading a Dr. Suess book. Rhyming and a four year old witch doesn't exactly mix."

"What happened?"

Kagome went on to explain the chaos that happened after reading the Cat in the Hat. When she finished her story, they pulled up in front Higurashi Manor.

"We're here," announced Rin. "Come on, Wyatt." She took Wyatt's hand and led him out of the limo.

Sesshomaru was about to get out when Kagome stopped him. "Sesshomaru? Do you think I did the right thing by leaving?"

"That depends. Why did you leave?"

"I didn't want to hold Inuyasha back. I know him. He would have gotten a job and probably dropped out of school just to provide a life for us. I couldn't let him do that. So I left."

"He was devastated when he found out you left." Sesshomaru looked Kagome in the eye. "You know when he finds out, he's gonna be real mad you kept this from him."

"I know. What am I gonna do?"

"Just give him some space after he finds out. He'll calm down after a while. Trust me, I'll make sure he does."

Kagome gave Sesshomaru a smile. "Thanks for the talk, Sess. I really missed having you around to give me advice." She leaned over and gave him a hug.

He returned the gesture. "I missed you, too. So did Rin." He leaned back. "I understand why you left and you had good reasons, too. But Inuyasha might not see it that way. So, like I said, give him time." Kagome nodded. "Are you ready to go inside?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

They got out of the limo and stood on the sidewalk nest to Wyatt.

"Oh, Sesshomaru, can I ask you one more thing?" He nodded. "Is he happy now? Inuyasha, I mean."

"He seems happy, but we know better," Rin said coming from the back of the vehicle, carrying Kagome's carry on bag. "It's been four years and he's still in love you with you."

"Rin, has he told you that?" Sesshomaru asked her.

"Well, no. But you can see it in his eyes."

"Rin, you're meddling," he told her.

"No, I'm not!" she protested.

Kagome smiled at their playful banter. "You know what," she said, interrupting. "It doesn't matter. I don't deserve to know if he's happy, because what I did hurt him. So I deserve any anger he has towards me."

Rin smiled at Kagome. "So, are you ready to go inside?" she asked, changing the subject.

"Sure. I'll go inside and say hi to everyone, then I'll go check into a hotel."

"What? You can't stay in a hotel. You're staying here with me." Rin turned and started walking up the steps, toward the house.

"Why can't I stay at a hotel? I'll feel more comfortable there," Kagome stated.

"Because I want you to stay here with me, that's why."

Kagome sulked and walked up the steps slowly. When they reached the door, she was reluctant to go in. Memories, good and bad, flooded her mind.

"Rin nudged her sister. "Go on."

Kagome walked in and stood there, staring at everything.

"Is this where you grew up, Mommy?"

"Yes, it is," Kagome answered. She sat Wyatt down on the bench behind her and was about to take off his shoes, but a voice stopped her.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in."

Kagome turned at the sound of the voice. "Miroku!" She jumped up and gave him a hug, which he gladly returned.

"Welcome home, Kagome," he said as he pulled back.

"Why, Miroku, I think that's the first time you never touched my butt whenever we hugged."

"I've changed since you left."

"Oh. You mean Sango has threatened you with castration, huh?"

Miroku scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, pretty much."

"Well, that would really suck for her now that you're married."

"That's what I said." They laughed and Kagome felt like she never left. Miroku looked past her and saw Wyatt. "Who's this?" Right when he asked the question, Sango walked in from the kitchen.

Kagome was about to answer when Rin shouted. "Look, Sango, Kagome's back!"

"You don't have to shout, Rin, I can see her."

"Hi, Sango." Hopefully we can put aside our differences just for these couple of weeks.

"Kagome," Sango said. Or not.

"Kagome, you haven't answered me," Miroku said.

"Sorry, Miroku." Kagome took a deep breath. "He's my son, Wyatt." She looked down at her son. "Wyatt, this is you uncle Miroku."

Miroku raised his eyebrow at what she said, but kept quiet, having a feeling everything will be explained later. He hunched down in front of Wyatt. "Hey there, buddy.""Wyatt, say hi," Kagome said gently.

"Hi," Wyatt whispered.

"You wanna go play some ball in the backyard," Miroku asked, sensing the sister needed to talk.

Wyatt looked up at Kagome. "Can I, Mommy?"

Kagome nodded her head. "Go ahead, and have fun. But be careful."

He took Miroku's hand and said, "Okay, Mommy."

When Miroku passed Sango, he kissed her on the cheek. "Please try to be nice to her," he whispered in her ear. "Come on, Wyatt." He led him through the house and out the back door.

"Well, I have to get back to work," Sesshomaru said once the driver brought in the rest of Kagome's luggage.

"Okay," Rin said. He leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too. See you later."

After he left, there was an awkward silence between the sisters.

"So, Kagome, you must be tired. Why don't I help you take you stuff upstairs and then you can rest before dinner," Rin said. Kagome nodded.

Rin and Kagome each grabbed a suitcase and duffle bag. They went upstairs and Kagome went to the right, while Rin went to the left.

"Uh, Rin. Even though it's been four years, I still know where my bedroom is," Kagome said.

"You're staying in the guest room."Why?"
"Because," Rin said, taking the luggage into the room and setting it down. "One, this room is bigger for you and Wyatt and has it's own bathroom for privacy. Two, your room isn't yours anymore."
"What?" Kagome ran from the room to her old bedroom. Rin ran after her.

"No, Kagome. Sango doesn't want..." she stopped in the middle of her sentence, seeing that Kagome had already opened the door, clearly not hearing a word that she said to her.

Kagome stared at the walls that used to be covered with posters of her favorite plays and musicals, they were now covered in teddy bear wallpaper. The spot that her bed was in, was now occupied be a crib. The same with her dresser. And there was a rocking chair in the corner.

"...you to see it," Rin finished.

"What happened to all my stuff? And why is it a nursery?" Kagome gasped and whipped around to look at her older sister. "Are you pregnant?"

"No, not me."

"Then who's..." Kagome's eyes widened. "Sango's pregnant?"

"Yeah, she's about four months," Rin said, reluctantly.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because Sango didn't want you to know."

"That's never stopped you before."

"Well, I didn't think that I should be the one to tell you. Sango should have done that."

"You know that she would have never told me, just like she didn't tell me that she got married, you did. She hates me."

"She doesn't hate you."

"Have you seen the way she looks at me? Heard the way she talks to me?"
"What are you doing in here?" Sango asked, standing in the doorway.

"Finding out that apparently I'm going to be an aunt because somebody didn't tell me," Kagome said.

"Well, what's the point in telling you when you don't live here," Sango said.

"I thought that's what you wanted," Kagome yelled. "The wicked half sister on the other side of the world. You can finally be happy with me gone."

"Stop you guys!" Rin yelled, on the verge of tears. She hated it when here sisters would fight. "Just stop. Why can't you guys have to argue all the time? Can't you talk like civilized people?"

"Fine. Why do you hate me Sango? What did I ever do to you?""I don't hate you," Sango said.

"What?!"

"I said, I don't hate you," she repeated.

"I heard you," Kagome said. "I just don't believe you."
"I figured as much." Sango sighed. "Why don't we go to the kitchen and have some tea and talk?"

"Okay," Kagome said slowly and followed Sango out into the hallway and toward the stairs.

Rin just stood there, confused. "What just happened?""Rin, are you coming?" Sango called.

"Coming," she yelled back. And the three of them went downstairs into the kitchen to have a first real sisterly talk.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N :
Here's chapter 2, hope you like it.

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer:
I do not own Inuyasha or Charmed.