InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You ❯ Making Amends ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Loving You*
Chapter Three : Making Amends

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The three sisters sat at the kitchen table, each of them holding a cup of steaming tea.

"So, are you gonna tell me why you made my life a living hell, or do I have to guess?" Kagome asked.

"Kagome," Rin chided.

"What? I want to know."

Sango sighed. "I was a jealous person when I was younger." She stared into her tea, not wanting to look up. "And I guess that turned into anger as we got older."

Kagome stared at her sister, stunned by what she just said. "Jealous? What do you mean, jealous? What were you jealous of?" Her voice getting louder with every question. "The fact the I had a step dad that hated my very existence, that my dad lived on the other side of the world, that everyone at school hated me because of what I am? Tell me, dear sister, what part of my life were you jealous of?"

"Mom always spent more time with you than me or Rin. And I hated that," Sango said. "I hated that she treated you as if you were better than us."

"She didn't do that!" Kagome yelled.

"She did and you know it," she said softly.

"But why would you be mad at me? I didn't do anything to make Mom do that. If you should be mad at anyone, it should be her."

"I know." Sango took a sip of her tea, Kagome and Rin doing the same.

"So, is that the only reason you were a jerk to me?"

"No." Sango stood up and walked to stand behind the island in the middle of the kitchen. She set her mug down, and rubbed her arms. "I was jealous of your powers."

Kagome let out a short laugh. She didn't mean to, it just slipped out. "You were jealous of my powers? Demons were, and are, always out to kill me because I'm a threat to them. Not to mention I dated a demon. They really liked that," Kagome said sarcastically. "And because of that they wanted to kill Inuyasha, too. Do you know how many times we were attacked?"

Sango looked up at Kagome. "No, I didn't know."

"Well, now you do."

"Kagome, I'm sorry," Sango said. "I'm sorry for everything I put you through. I guess you moving to the other side of the world to get away from us made me realize how much of a jerk I was to you."

"I didn't move to just get away from you guys, I moved because I thought it was best for everybody."

"Well, I hope that you can forgive me."

Kagome shrugged. "I guess I can forgive you," she said with a smile.

Sango tried to smile, but it ended up a grimace. She put a hand to her head and grabbed the counter to steady herself.

"Sango, are you okay?" Rin asked, standing up.

"Yes, I just need to sit down." She went to take a step and passed out. Before she could hit the floor, Kagome stuck out her hands and with a flick of her wrists her sisters froze. She rushed to her side and unfroze Rin.

"Sango!" Rin yelled as she lunged forward. She looked at Kagome and Sango. "Oh."

"Rin, help me." Rin just stepped up next to Kagome when the freeze wore off. They caught her and lowered her to the floor. "We need to take her to the hospital." Rin nodded. "Go get Miroku." Rin jumped up and ran out the back door.

Kagome looked down at her older sister with tears in her eyes. "Please be okay."

A minute later, Miroku ran in, with Rin at his heels holding Wyatt. "What happened?"

"We were talking and she just fainted." Kagome helped Miroku pick her up. "You got her?" He nodded. "We need to get her to the hospital."

Kagome took Wyatt from Rin and followed Miroku to the car.

"Get in the backseat with her," Rin said to Miroku. "I'll drive."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
They arrived at the hospital in record time. Kagome shot out of the car and ran into the emergency room.

"Somebody help!" she yelled.

At once, a doctor came through the doors. "What's the problem, miss?" he asked gently.

"My sister is passed out in the car, I need help!" She ran out the doors, followed by the doctor, who yelled for a gurney. The doctor, along with a nurse and Miroku, placed Sango on the bed and wheeled her into the building. Kagome and Rin tried to follow them past the waiting room, but the nurse stopped them.

"I'm sorry, but you need to stay out here.""But-"

Rin was cut off by Miroku. "I'll come get you when she waked up." He gave them both a quick hug, then turned and followed the nurse.

After Rin parked the car, the three of them sat down on the chairs in the waiting room. Rin put her head in her hands and Kagome held onto Wyatt.

"I hope she's gonna be alright," Rin said quietly.

"She'll be fine," Kagome reassured her.

Just then Rin's cell phone rang. When did I grab my cell phone? She thought as she dug it out of her pocket. "Hello?"

"Where are you? I've been calling the house and no one's answering."

"Sorry, Mom. We're at the hospital."

"What?!" Kagome could hear her mother yell over the phone. "What happened?"

"Sango passed out."

"What? I'm on my way."

Rin shut her phone when heard the dial tone. "Mom's on her way," she told Kagome.

"Great. That's just what we need, a big showdown in the hospital waiting room."

Rin decided to be quiet and not comment on what her sister just said.


Twenty minutes later, Hitomi and Akira Higurashi burst into the emergency room.

"Mom, Dad." Rin got and walked over to them. Kagome stayed where she was, scared to look up at them.

"Rin, honey, what happened?" Hitomi asked.

"I don't know," she said. "One minute we were talking and everything's fine. Then the next, she was grabbing the counter like she was dizzy, and fell over.""She fell down?" Akira asked. "Is the baby alright?"
"No, she didn't fall down.""But you just said she fell," Akira pointed out.

"She did, but she didn't hit the floor," Rin explained. "Kagome froze her."

"Kagome?" Akira asked.

Apparently he hasn't noticed me yet. Kagome thought.

"Yes, Dad, Kagome."

"What's she doing here?""She's here for my wedding." Rin looked at him, confused. "Didn't Mom tell you?"

Akira looked over at his wife. "No, she didn't"

"Sorry. I didn't mean to not tell you," Hitomi said. "It just never came up."

While they were talking about Kagome, she just sat there, listening and wanting to sink through the floor with every passing second.

"So, she didn't hit her stomach?" Hitomi asked, switching the subject back to Sango.

"No, she didn't."

"Oh, that's good.""Mommy, I have to go potty," Wyatt said.

"Okay, sweetie," Kagome stood up with Wyatt in her arms. She walked past her mom and Akira to the front desk.

"Excuse me." She waited till the desk clerk looked at her. "Uh, hi. Where's the bathroom?"

The clerk pointed to the little hallway behind Kagome. "Down that hall, to your left. You can't miss it."
Kagome smiled. "Thanks." She led Wyatt to the bathroom.

"Was that Kagome?" Hitomi asked. Rin nodded.

As soon as Kagome stepped back into the waiting room, she was greeted with two cold glares from her mother and step father. Kagome was about to say something when Miroku and the doctor walked in.

Rin turned to face the doctor. "How is she?"

"She has a condition called toxima," the doctor informed them.

"What's that?" Akira asked.

"It happens when you get stressed and your blood pressure gets high when your pregnant," Kagome answered before the doctor could.

"That's right," the doctor agreed.

"How do you know that?" Hitomi asked.

"I had it when I was pregnant."

"I, also, had it," Hitomi said.

"So the reason she fainted was because she was stressed?" Akira asked. He looked at Rin and Miroku. "What could have stressed her out?"

Miroku and Rin didn't want to say. They both knew that it was most likely Kagome coming back.

"Well?" Akira asked impatiently.

"I, uh," Rin stuttered.

"It was probably me," Kagome said. "She was probably nervous about me coming back. Especially during our little conversation.""What conversation?" Akira asked angrily.

"We talked about why she was so mean to me when we were younger."Akira scoffed. "You're not even back for twenty four hours and you're already causing trouble."

"It's not my fault! Even if I didn't come home, uh, back, she would still have it."

"Home?" Hitomi asked.

"Back, I meant back.""Excuse me," the doctor interrupted. "Sango is going to be fine. She just needs some bed rest and less stress. But we'll keep her over night just for observation.""Can we see her?" Rin asked.

"Of course," the doctor answered.

"Doctor," a nurse said stepping up to them. "You're needed in triage.""Excuse me." The doctor followed the nurse down the hall.

"I'll show you to her room," Miroku told them.

Kagome went to follow, when Akira stopped her. "You're not going in there. You caused enough trouble for today."

"What? She's my sister! I have the right to see her!" She shouted.

"Kagome, keep your voice down," Akira whispered harshly.

Kagome was so livid, she didn't know what to say. So she did the first thing that came to mind. She astral-projected herself to Sango's room, making sure she still held Wyatt's hand before she did it. Wyatt knew what his mom was doing, because she's done it before and he knew not to let go.

Kagome projected herself near the door so she wouldn't scare her sister. "Sango?" She called gently.

Sango turned her head and saw Kagome. "Hey, I didn't hear you come in."

Kagome ignored the comment. "How are you feeling?" She walked over to the side of the bed.

"I'm fine. I keep telling the nurse that, but they insist on keeping me here."

"I know. I had to stay overnight when it happened to me.""You had toxima?"

"Yeah, I was pretty stressed out. Though I found out about it farther along in my pregnancy than you did. Now that they know you have it, they can keep and eye on it."Sango looked around. "Where's Wyatt at?"
Kagome answered slowly. "He's in the waiting room with me."

Sango looked at her, confusion written on her face. "What?"
"After I had Wyatt, I got a new power. Astral-projection." Kagome explained what it was. "And Akira's gonna be pretty mad when he finds out what I did."

"Dad's here?"

"Yeah, him and Mom. He told me that I couldn't see you. He said I caused enough trouble for today. So I astral-projected.""Oh," Sango said.

Before they could say anything else, the door swung open, revealing an angry Akira. "Kagome!"
"Got to go!" Kagome ended the projection. When she was back, she looked down at Wyatt, who was still holding her hand. "You're such a good boy for holding mommy's hand." She led him down the hallway and into the bathroom. She checked the stalls to make sure they were empty before she bent down in front of her son. "Remember what I told you not to do unless we're at home?" He nodded. "I need you to do it now."

"Okay, Mommy. Where are we going?" he asked, smiling.

"Back to the manor," she told him. He looked at her, confused. Kagome smiled. "Back to where Mommy grew up."

Wyatt nodded and shimmered them back to the manor.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*< br>
A/N:
Sooooooo sorry about not updating. I've been pretty busy. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm almost done with chapter four, so hopefully I'll be able to post it soon.
And as always, thanks to those of you who reviewed. Sorry about the last part being in bold, it happened when i uploaded the chapter. I tried to fix it, but it would't go away.

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer:
I do not own Inuyasha or Charmed.