InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You ❯ A New Beginning ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Loving You*

Chapter 6: A New Beginning

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Inuyasha, Kagome and their son shimmered into Kagome's bedroom at the manor, curtesy of the hanyou.

Kagome sat Wyatt down on the bed and kneeled in front of him. "Wyatt, honey, are you sure you're okay?" He nodded. Kagome teared up and pulled him into a hug. "I am so sorry that this happened to you. It should have never happened."

"It's okay, Mommy."

Kagome pulled back and wiped her eyes and let out a breathe before she smiled. "Okay." She kissed his forehead.

Wyatt smiled back, then looked past her at Inuyasha. "Who's that?"

"What?" She turned around and remembered that Inuyasha was standing there. "Oh. You don't remember?"

He shook his head.

She stood up and walked over to Inuyasha. "It must be the kidnapping," she whispered. "He must have been very scared, no matter how tough he acts, and forgot what was said. And the whole acting tough thing, he gets that from you, by the way," she added.

Inuyasha smiled at her. "It runs in the family."

"Yeah, I know." Kagome paused. "Inuyasha, could you give me a few minutes alone with Wyatt?"

"Kagome-"

"Please?"

Inuyasha lookded at Wyatt then back at Kagome. "Alright, but Kagome?"

"Hmm?"

"I want to be in his life," he said quietly. "Don't run away with him again."

"I won't."

"Okay. I'll be downstairs."

Kagome waited until he shut the door behind him before she turned to her son. She took a deep breathe and sat down on the bed. "Okay, this is really hard for me to tell you, so you have to be quiet and listen very carefully, alright?"

Wyatt nodded.

"Do you remember what I told you about your daddy?"

"Uh-huh. You said he lived very far away and he couldn't come see me."

"Yes, that's right. Well, what if I told you that he lives here in Japan and you could see him right now?"

"Really?" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah. As a matter of fact, you already did."

"I did?" Confused, Wyatt tilted his head to the side.

"Yes, you did." She took a deep breathe before she continued. "The man that who was here a few minutes ago, who helped me rescue you, well, he...is your...dad," Kagome said slowly.

Wyatt stared at her for a second then smiled. "Really?!"

"Mmhmm. His name is Inuyasha Tashio."

"Inuyasha..." Wyatt trailed off.

"But you, and only you-" I hope. "-can call him Daddy." Wyatt was still smiling. "Do you want to go see him?" He nodded. "Okay," she whispered.

Taking Wyatt by the hand, Kagome lead him downstairs and into the living room, where she found Inuyasha.

Inuyasha was filling Miroku in on what happened, when he saw Kagome and Wyatt walk in.

"Miroku, could you leave us alone for a minute?" Kagome asked as Inuyasha stood up.

"Yeah, I'll go find Sango and Rin," he said and walked quickly out of the room.

"Wyatt," Kagome started, crouching down. "This is your daddy. Go say hi." She tapped him on the butt before he stepped forward.

Inuyasha knelt down in front of his son. "Hi, Wyatt. It's nice to finally meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too," Wyatt said softly.

"Good to see that your mom taught you your manners," Inuyasha said, looking at Kagome with teasing eyes.

"Of course," she said quietly.

Inuyasha turned back to Wyatt. He stared at him for a second before he started talking again. "Wyatt, I know that we just met, but would it be too much to ask for a hug?"

Wyatt shook his head.

Inuyasha reached forward and pulled Wyatt into a hug. He felt so complete with his son in his arms. Standing up, Inuyasha pulled Wyatt closer. He had an overwhelming feeling of love for him that he couldn't explain.

Kagome watched as Inuyasha held Wyatt for the first time. Seeing them together, she wasn't sure what to feel. It made her feel good and relieved that Inuyasha wants to get to know his son. But it also made her sad, because she knew that she couldn't stay. She had a life and career back in New York. She didn't mean to think so selfishly, but she knew she wouldn't be able to see Inuyasha everyday and not want to be with him. But she didn't want to take Wyatt away from his father. That's why she never really thought about what she would do if Inuyasha found out, because she didn't know what to do. She didn't want Wyatt to get attached to him, then only have to take him away.

Stop thinking about that now. Kagome told herself. It'll all work out, just give it time.

Kagome closed her eyes and shook her head in effort to clear it. When she opened them, she saw Inuyasha looking at her with unreadable eyes.

Just as she was about to say something, someone cleared their throat. The three people in the living room turned towards the voice and saw Miroku standing there with Sango and Rin.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we just wanted to let you know that it's almost ten and we're going to bed," Miroku said, gestering to himself and his wife. "So, goodnight, and we'll see you in the morning."

After Miroku and Sango went upstairs, Rin spoke up. "Uh, Kagome, could I speak with you for a moment?"

"Yeah, sure." Kagome followed Rin into the sunroom/conservatory. "What's up?"

"So, where was he?"

"Some old warehouse somewhere."

"Did you see who took him?"

"Yeah. And he's dead. Along with his buddy."

"Buddy?"

"The other guard."

"Oh, right. So, what happened."

Kagome told her every detail, pausing only to laugh with Rin about Inuyasha trying to open the cage.

"Do you have any idea why they would take him?" Rin asked her.

"No, and that's what scares me." Kagome admitted to her older sister. "Why do they want him, if not to kill him?"

"I don't know, sweetie. But we'll find out.""I know."

Rin gave her a hug. "I'm gonna go to bed and leave you guys alone." Rin waggled her eyebrows.

"Rin! Wyatt's in the room."

Rin opened her mouth to say something, when Kagome stopped her.

"And even if he wasn't, nothing like that would ever happen because there is nothing, absolutly nothing, between us," she whispered fiercly.

"Alright, alright." Rin started out of the room, then turned back around. "Oh, and Kagome?"

"Yeah?" She asked tiredly.

"Behave."

"Funny."

Rin smiled and jogged up the stairs.

Kagome shook her head. Walking into the living room, she saw Inuyasha sitting on the couch, talking with Wyatt, who was sitting on his lap.

"What'cha guys talking about?" she asked, taking a seat in the arm chair.

"Well, I-we, were thinking about spending the day in Tokyo City Park tomorrow," Inuyasha informed her.

"The three of us?"

"Uh-huh," Wyatt said, nodding his head.

"Okaaay," Kagome agreed a bit slowly. "We could meet up at eleven and have a picnic. I'll bring us some lunch."
"Sounds good," Inuyasha said. "Sound good to you, Wy?"

"Yeah!"

"Okay, buddy, I'm gonna go now, but I'll see you tomorrow."

"Buh-bye."

Inuyasha hugged Wyatt and set him to the side before standing up.

"I'll walk you to the door," Kagome said as she stood up.

Standing at the door, Kagome was the first to speak. "Inuyasha, I'm sorry about everything."

"Kagome, not tonight. We can talk about everything tomorrow, alright?"

She nodded. "Alright."

"See ya tomorrow."

"Bye." Kagome gently shut the door and walked back into the living room.

"Wyatt, you ready to go to bed?" She yawned.

"Bedtime already?"

"Yes, Mommy's tired."

"Ookaaay," Wyatt said, draging it out, sounding sad.

Kagome picked him up and carried him upstairs.

"Mommy?" Wyatt asked after they were already in bed.

"Yeah, sweetie?"

"I like my new daddy."

"You do?"

"Uh-huh."

"That's good, sweethart," she said, hugging him to her.

"I can't wait to see Daddy again."

"Mmhmm." Kagome tried her hardest not to cry. "Try to get some sleep, Wyatt."

"Okay, Mommy."

Kagome felt so tired, but couldn't fall asleep. It felt like her mind wouldn't let her. She just kept going over the day's events over and over again in her mind. Then she would think about tomorrow and what could go wrong.



A sleep deprived Kagome walked down the stairs early the next day.

"Good morning, Kagome," someone said when she stepped into the kitchen.

Her head jerked up at the sound of the voice. "Mornin' Miroku," she replied.

"Why are you up so early?" he asked. "I figured you would sleep all day, because of jet lag and all."

"Couldn't sleep," she told him. "What time is it?"

Miroku looked at his cell phone that was on the table in front of him. "Uh, six-thirty two."

"Ugh," Kagome groaned and walked over to the coffee pot. Seeing that it was empty, she groaned again. "Why do you have a coffee pot if you don't drink coffee?"

"We use it for other things."

"Other things?"

"Yeah, like instant tea when I'm running late in the morning."

"How can you guys live without coffee?" she mumbled.

"So, you've become a crazy coffee drinking American now, huh?" Miroku teased.

"Haha, Miroku." Stepping over to the stove, she found hot water in a teapot.

"What kept you up most of the night?" he asked her as she made herself a cup of tea.

"Everything that happened yesterday." She sat down at the table, waiting for her tea to steep. "Possible things that might happen today. Horrible, awful things."

Miroku stared at his sister-in-law for a few seconds, holding back his smile. Same ol' Kagome. Always being a little over dramatic. It seems all the Higurashi women are over dramatic, Kagome more so than the others, though. "And what horrible, awful things could happen today?"

"Me, Wyatt, and Inuyasha are going on a picnic today at the park," Kagome explained.

"Okay...and why would something bad happen?"

Kagome hesitated. "Well...nothing, nevermind," she said before taking a sip of tea.

"Kagome, what is it?" He asked. "C'mon, we used to talk all the time. You can tell me anything."

"I...I'm just scared that Wyatt will get attached to Inuyasha," Kagome muttered.

"And that's a bad thing?"

"Of course it's a bad thing," she snapped. "I don't want to go into a custody battle with Inuyasha."

"You really think that Inuyasha would do that to you?"

Kagome shrugged. "I don't know."

"Kagome, I think you're worried over nothing."

"You think so?"

Miroku nodded. "I know so." He looked at his cell phone again. "Hate to cut this short, but I got to get to work." He stood up and put his cup in the sink.

"Thanks for the talk, Miroku."

"No problem." He walked over to her and gave her a hug. "Don't worry about today, alright? Just have fun."

"Okay," Kagome said.

Kissing her gently on the forehead, they said their goodbyes.

Kagome sat at the kitchen table for another ten minutes, drinking her tea and thinking about what Miroku had told her.

After finishing her tea, Kagome went upstairs to check on Wyatt. Seeing that he was still sleeping, she decided to get ready for the day. After taking a much needed shower, which helped to relax her muscles that were tense from the long flight and her nerves, she stood in front of her closet, staring for a good ten minutes trying to find something to wear that day.

"Mommy, what are you doing?

Kagome let out a small shriek and whipped around. "Wyatt!" She put a hand to her chest. "You scared mommy."

Wyatt giggled. "Sorry," he said in his cute little voice.

Kagome smiled. "That's okay."

"Mommy, what are you doing?" he asked again.

"Trying to figure out what to wear today."

"Oh."

"You can watch cartoons if you want, because it's way too early for you to be up."

"Okay, Mommy."

While Wyatt sat on the loveseat and watched t.v., Kagome finally decided on something to wear. She chose a pair of black guochos, a tight red tank top and black flip flops. She blow dried her hair and put on a little bit of makeup.

Once she was done, Kagome turned to Wyatt. "Alright, buddy, why don't we get you some breakfast, huh?"

"I'm really hungry, Mama," he said, turning off the t.v. and he hopped off the couch.


After getting Wyatt his breakfast, Kagome sat down and wrote out a shopping list of food she would need to buy.

"Mommy, these waffles are good!" Wyatt exclaimed.

Kagome looked up and smiled. "Are they?" she asked in a unbelieving tone.

"Uh-huh." Wyatt nodded.

"Good morning!" A voice sang out.

Without even looking up, Kagome replied. "Morning, Rin. Still perky as ever, I see."

"Can you blame me? I'm engaged to the most gorgeous man, ever," Rin started as she poured herself a bowl of cereal. "My baby sister is back. And last, but certaintly not least, my favorite nephew is visiting for the very first time!" She walked over with her cereal and plopped a big, wet kiss on Wyatt's forehead.

"Ugh, Aunt Rin." Wyatt wiped the kiss off.

Rin smiled at the way Wyatt said her name, which sounded like "Win" instead of "Rin".

"Rin, he's your only nephew," Kagome pointed out.

"For now. But we don't know what Sango's having," Rin said, her mouth full of cereal.

"Aunt Rin, no talking with your mouth full," Wyatt said, shaking his finger at her.

"That's right," Kagome agreed.

"Sorry," Rin told her nephew.

"Are you saying that if Sango has a boy, Wyatt would still be your favorite?" Kagome asked, still writing out the list.

"No, if she had a girl, he would be my favorite nephew," she said.

"Which brings us back to my point," Kagome said, looking up. "Wyatt would still be your only nephew."

"Oh, right," Rin said. Kagome laughed. "Stop laughing," Rin whined. "It's too early in the morning to think."

"Then why are you up?" Kagome got up and went around to the side of the table that Wyatt was on and started to clean him and the table up.

"Because I want to spend as much time with you as I can." Rin looked up at Kagome and noticed her outfit. "Why are you so dressed up?"

Kagome was rinsing out Wyatt's bowl when she answered. "I'm not dressed up. I wear stuff like this all the time."

"What happened to the jeans and t-shirt girl?" Rin asked curiously.

"She became a famous broadway star and was having her picture taken almost everywhere she went," Kagome said. It was true. No matter where she went, the grocery store, out to the movies, the park and even at plays that she wasn't even in, someone always wanted a picture with the new and fast rising broadway star. "Come on, Wyatt, time to get you dressed, we have to go soon."

"Where are you going?" Rin asked, getting up to follow them out of the kitchen

"We are going to the grocery store."

"Why?"

They continued through the house and upstairs until they reached Kagome's bedroom.

"Because I need to buy some coffee and some stuff for a picnic today."

"Your going on a picnic?"

"Uh-huh, with my new daddy!" Wyatt interupted excitedly.

Rin looked away from Wyatt to Kagome. "You're going out with Inuyasha?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"No," Kagome started. Rin gave her a look that clearly said 'Yeah right. Try again'. "Well, technically, yes, with Wyatt. So, it's not a date."

"I didn't say it was."
"You were thinking it," Kagome said, getting Wyatt dressed.

"No, I wasn't. Which means that you were thinking it."

"So?"

"So...that means that secretly you wish it was a date," Rin said triumphantly, smiling the whole time.

"Wyatt, go brush your teeth." After Wyatt went into the bathroom, Kagome turned to her sister. "What is your deal?"

"What?"

"You and pushing me into dating Inuyasha.""I am not!"

"You are!"

"So what if I am? You guys belong together and you know it. Just like me and Sess."

"Rin, I'm only gonna say this once. Me and Inuyasha will never be together again, alright? So just back off." Kagome walked into the bathroom to check up on her son.

"And that's your fault," Rin said.

"How is it my fault?" Kagome asked in a hushed tone, not wanting Wyatt to overhear.

"Your the one who didn't tell him about you-know-what. Your the one who left. You broke his heart."

"Okay, Rin. Can we not do this right now?" Kagome picked up Wyatt and walked back to the bed and put his shoes on.

"Kagome..." Rin sighed. "I don't want to argue with you. I just want what's best for you."

"I know," Kagome said. She stood up and turned to her sister. "But please, please, let me and Inuyasha work this out, okay? If I need your help, I'll ask."

"Okay.""Okay?"

"Alright, I get it. Big sister butting in little sister's buisness, not good."

Kagome smiled. "That's okay. I do need your help, though."

"For what?" Rin said.

"Not really your help, but more like your company."

"Oh. On the picnic?" She asked hopefully.

"No, to the store."

"Oh." Rin said, clearly disappointed. "Alright."

"Great. Go get dressed we leave in ten."

Fifteen minutes later (thanks to Rin insisting she needed five more minutes), they were walking out the front door, headed for the store.

At the store, Kagome wasn't sure how much to buy. So, she figured what they didn't use, they could use at the manor. She bought a few bags of chips, a lot of fruit, some pop and juice.

"What else?" Kagome asked Rin.

Rin looked at the list. "Stuff for sandwhiches."

"Right."

So on they went, grabing bread, cheese, bologna, salami, ham, lettuce, tomatoes, mayonase and mustard.

"Do you think I got enough?" Kagome asked.

"Being that it's only you three, I say you bought enough. Even though with Inuyasha you could never buy enough. It's like his stomach is a black hole."

"It's the same with this one here," Kagome said, poking Wyatt a little in his side making him giggle. "Okay, let's go checkout."

While they were in the checkout lane, Kagome was getting very nervous about being with Inuyasha today. A part of her wished that she never gave in to Rin and came back to Tokyo. Like she confessed to Miroku this morning, she was scared about going through a huge custody battle with Inuyasha. She didn't want to put Wyatt through that. She was so glad her parents worked stuff out when she was still a baby. She knew she wouldn't have been able to handle going back and forth between her parents. And that's exactly the reason Kagome never told Inuyasha about Wyatt. She did it for her son's sake. Well, not just for her son's sake, for her's as well. She still didn't know how she felt about the whole situation between Inuyasha and herself. Were they just ex's...friends...parents of Wyatt? She knew that she would have to talk to Inuyasha about all this stuff, but not with Wyatt around. Maybe they could go to dinner or something.

"Kagome," Rin said, jolting her sister out of the clouds. "Are you gonna pay?"

"Oh." Kagome turned to the cashier. "I'm sorry."

Rin waited until after they walked outside to ask why Kagome was staring off into space.

"I was just thinking," she answered, putting Wyatt in the car before grabbing some bags to put them in also.

"About today?" Rin asked, putting in some groceries, too.

"Among other things, yes."

"Just get through today and then you can worry about tomorrow. Take one day at a time," Rin said, getting in the car.

"One day at a time." Kagome repeated. She got in and Rin started to back out of the parking spot. "Easier said, then done."



Inuyasha didn't show it, but he was real excited about spending the day with Wyatt. He didn't tell his parents what had happened the day before. They didn't even know he was gone. And he definantly wasn't going to tell them aobut today. He loves his parents, but they're just too nosey for their own good.

While Inuyasha was getting dressed, his cell phone rang. After buttoning his pants, he answered his phone. "Yeah," he said, not bothering to see who was calling.

"Hey, Yashie," the voice on the other line said.

Inuyasha inwardly groaned. "Hey," he said a bit slowly.

"Are we still on for lunch today?"

Shit! That was today? Damn it! He thought. I can't tell her what's going on, she'll fuckin' explode from anger. Lie...fast! He told himself. "Uh, sorry, but something came up at work and I have to cover for someone."

"Fine. I'll see you later."

The next thing Inuyasha heard was the dial tone. He hung up the phone, then immediatly called Miroku.

"Sup?" Miroku answered.

"Can you cover for me today if anyone calls for me?"

"Sure. Why?"

"Because you know I'm not gonna be there today and I don't want anyone else to know." Inuyasha told him.

"By anyone you mean...?"

"My parents and-"

"Her?"

"She has a name, you know."

"I know."

Inuyasha sighed. "Anyway, can you do it?"

"Will do."

"Thanks. Later."
"See ya."

After hanging up the phone, Inuyasha finished getting ready to leave. Taking the long way to the front door, Inuyasha didn't risk going passed his parents door. Both his parents were light sleepers and he didn't feel like talking to them at the moment.

Once he was out of the door, Inuyasha opened his phone and called the Higurashi Manor. He talked for a few minutes, then jumped in his car and speed off.



Rin hurried inside the door, hearing the phone ring.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Rin, can I talk to Kagome?"

"Sure, Yash, hold on a sec." She turned around and grinned at Kagome. "It's Inuyasha...for you."

Kagome set down the bags she was holding and took the phone from her sister.

"Hello?"

"Kagome, did you go buy everything already?"
"Yeah. Why?"

"Damn. Okay, what did you buy?"

"Stuff for sandwhiches, chips and drinks."

"Did you spend a lot?"

"Not really. Again, I ask why?"

"I didn't want you to buy all of it. I could have bought some stuff."

"It's no problem, Inuyasha."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Alright, then I'll see you at the park."

"See you there."

Kagome hung up the phone and picked up the bags she set down.

"So, what did he want?" Rin asked, following Kagome into the kitchen, Wyatt trailing behind.

"He wanted to know if I bought lunch yet."

"That's it?"

"Yup."

"Is that all?"

"Rin..." Kagome stressed.

"Right. Sorry. Butting out."

"Thank you. And nothing else was said."

The sisters hurridly made some sandwhiches and filled up two coolers.


"Okay, I think that's it," Kagome said, as she shut the trunk of the car. "Thanks again for letting me borrow your car."

"No problem," Rin replied.

"Alright, Wyatt, you ready to go?"

"Uh-huh!"

"Well then, let's go."

After putting Wyatt in, Kagome got in herself. "Bye Rin." She stuck her hand out the window and waved good bye.

"Bye. Have fun."

It took Kagome a couple streets and going very slow to get used to driving on the other side of the car and street again. By the time they arrived at the park, it was already a little after eleven.

Kagome and Wyatt got out of the car, and Kagome started to look for Inuyasha.

Well, found his car. She thought as soon as she spotted the red Dodge. I can't believe he still has that car. No, wait, yes I can. She smiled and shook her head slightly.

"Kagome!"

Turning at the sound of her name, Kagome saw Inuyasha walking from out beneath a tree toward them.

"There he is, Wyatt."

"Hi, Wyatt," Inuyasha greeted his son. He bent down and picked him up. "Hey Kagome."

"Hey," she said back. "We got two coolers and a couple grocery bags of stuff in the trunk."

"Wyatt, how 'bout we help you mom get the food, huh?"

"Okay."

"Alright!"

Inuyasha set Wyatt down and the both of them followed Kagome to the trunk. Inuyasha grabbed both coolers, leaving Wyatt and Kagome to each carry a bag.

"Oh, hey. What are we gonna sit on?"

Inuyasha turned to her. "I got it covered."

Inuyasha lead them to the tree that he was under. On the ground was a blanket and some brand new toys for Wyatt to play with.

When Wyatt saw the toys, he shouted with excitment and ran for the toys, setting the bag down before he dove for the pile.

"Wow...did you buy all that?" Kagome asked, setting down the bag she was holding and sat down on the blanket.

"Yeah, I did." Inuyasha sat down next to Kagome, after putting the coolers down.

"You didn't have to, he's got enough toys back at home."

"But I wanted to."

They were silent for a few moments, both lost in their own thoughts.

"Inuyasha?" Kagome turned towards him.

"Hmm?" He grunted, watching Wyatt play with a couple of Hotwheel cars.

"Do you think we could go to dinner, just the two of us, to talk?"

Inuyasha turned to her. "Sure. When?"

"Any day is good for me."

"How's tonight?"

"Uh, I'll have to see if Rin or Sango can watch Wyatt, but I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Mommy?"

"Yeah, sweetie?" Kagome looked up to find her son standing two inches in front of her.

"I'm hungry, can we eat now?" Wyatt asked, his face turned into a pout.

"Your always hungry, Wyatt."
"But now I'm really, really hungry," Wyatt protested.

Inuyasha laughed.

"Okay, okay, we'll eat," Kagome said. As she got up, she turned to Inuyasha. "You know, that's another thing he gets from you."

"What? The cute pouty look?" Inuyasha asked, getting up to help Kagome.

Kagome pulled out a sandwhich for Wyatt and herself. "No, the never ending hunger. It's like you both have a black hole for your stomachs."

"Yeah, can't explain that."

Kagome laughed at him and settled down with Wyatt in front of her and Inuyasha next to both of them, creating a small triangle, each of them holding a sandwhich and a drink.

"So, about tonight, I'll pick you up at six?"

"Sure. But let me make sure it's okay with at least one of my sisters if they could watch Wyatt."

For the next two hours, all they did was play with Wyatt, eat, or just sat and watched Wyatt play. Kagome mostly liked to watch Inuyasha play with their son. And, as always, her mind wondered about things that's been bothering her since the day she arrived back in Japan.

As Inuyasha played with his son, he found himself wondering what Wyatt was like when he was a baby. Did he cry all the time? or was he quiet? What was it like when he was born? Was Kagome all alone, or did she have someone with her? He wished he could have been there. Why did she keep this from me? He could't help being angry at Kagome. She should have told him, not run away. She made him miss a lot. The first time he smiled. The first time he crawled. His first step, his first tooth, his first word...he missed four years of his son's life. He couldn't get those years back, but he sure as hell is going to make up for it to Wyatt. He wasn't going to let Kagome run away with Wyatt again.

It was around one o'clock when Kagome said that they should go.

"But I don't wanna go!" Wyatt whined.

"Baby, we have to. I promised Aunt Rin and Aunt Sango that we would spend some time with them today."

"But-"

"Wyatt," Kagome warned.

Wyatt huffed. "Okay," he said, angerily, crossing his arms. Hid usual pose when he's upset, angry, or doesn't get his way.

Inuyasha hid his smile when his son looked at him, but not fast enough to hid it from Kagome.

"Another thing he-"

"Gets from me. He seems to have a lot of me in him."

"I say it's because he's a boy. Now, if he turned out to be a girl, she would be a lot like me."

"You think so?"

"That's my theory, anyway."

Kagome and Inuyasha packed away the rest of the food and Wyatt's toys. Inuyasha went to put the toys in Kagome's car when she stopped him.

"Why don't you take those back to your house so Wyatt has something to play with when he's with you."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Alright." Inuyasha put the toy's in his car, then turned to Wyatt. "Time to say good bye, Wyatt."

Wyatt ran over to Inuyasha and jumped up into his arms. Inuyasha lifted him up and hugged him tight.

"I'll see you later, buddy."

"Bye, Daddy," Wyatt said.

Kagome's head snapped up when she heard Wyatt. Tears instantly formed. Turning away, she quickly wiped them away.

Inuyasha was shocked when he heard Wyatt call him Daddy. He looked at Wyatt and smiled. Shocked, yes, but he also felt like the happiest man in the world at that moment.

"Bye, Wyatt." Inuyasha gave him one last squeeze, then put him in the borrowed car.

"So, I'll call you after I talk to my sisters," Kagome said, getting in the car.

"I'll answer," Inuyasha replied, smiling. He waved good bye to Wyatt through the window, who waved back at him.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~


A/N: I feel really bad about not updating sooner. Everything has been very hectic for me for the past couple months, going to school full time and work full time is really tiring, but somehow I found time to write. It was a little hard to write this chapter, so I hope it's good.

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or anything I borrow from Charmed.